OK, so here goes the recap from last night's 12 wannabee winners.
1) South Philly Vikings: I'm agreeing with Piers on this one. Just a bunch of adults dressed up in alien/weird costumes jumping around. Nothing too entertaining about that for me, anyway. I'd give them a 5 out of 10.
2) CJ Dippa: This little guy gets under my skin, but he is incredibly talented for an almost 12 year old. The attitude is something I would have a problem dealing with on a daily basis-just think if he actually WON! Ohmyheck!! But he deserves a 9.
3) Pierre Harmonic: Novelty, smooth, and interesting. But how many people would pay money for that? I like the guy, but I honestly don't think he'll beat out some of the more up-beat contestants. I give him an 8. He's incredibly talented, too!
4) Polina: She really blew it this time. I don't know what she was trying to bring across but it was just blah! 6, for a few contortionist moves that I would never attempt...
5) Strange Familiar: I don't and haven't thought this woman's vocals were the best ever, and tonight certainly proved that she is incapable of picking song choices within her range. And get rid of her husband? I think not! Best choice is to move on and out, IMHO. Too many singers already. But I give them a 7 because they have been good up to this point.
6) Haspop: I had to watch twice, and still didn't quite understand what he was doing, but I did get part of the story line, and he IS very good! I'm sure he'll be going on. 9 for originality and creativity.
7)Luigi: Another singer who should have been eliminated before the Hollywood round. Tonight was, again, a bad song choice and a good reason to leave him behind. 6
8) Chipps Cooney: Nothing much to say except WTH?? -0
9)Kaya and Sadie: Very good, very professional, and a good chance they'll be moving on. 9 for them, also.
10)Jeremy Van Schoonhoven: this kid makes me cringe, because of the dangerous things he does. Not only for him, but the people who perform with him! Although he's amazing in his own right, just don't think he'll be doing this as a performer. And it's too bad that people put so much into these acts, when we all know they are NOT going to be going much further. 9 for him. He should NOT have quit his job, that's for darned sure!
11) Debra Romer: She does seem to have more confidence, but she also had a longer intro into the song this week, and she wasn't just playing the guitar-she had back-up music! I could barely hear her, so I don't know what the heck Piers is talking about. Star quality? Nah-not yet! She does have that "Jewel-like" quality to her, but she still has a ways to go, IMHO! An 8 for her.
12) Young Beast Society: Best of the night, IMHO! Somehow, I had missed all the other performances of this group, so it's hard for me to judge how they did accordingly. BUT, last night's performance was outstanding, and the very BEST dance/hip-hop performance I think I've ever seen on this show. A very clear 10 from me this time around! Great job, guys!
I do hope after tonight, we never see or hear anything from Chipps again. I am appalled that Howie has allowed this to go on as long as it has. And I put this atrocity on him and Sharon! What a crock! So many other talented people could have been in that slot. But wait!!! We still have red-haired, scrunchy-faced, Patsy Cline, apple lady to sing yet...God help us all!