The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-09, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-09 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

Winner of AGT 2009. Not my pick to win but a natural performer who reaches his audience. I wish him nothing but success for the future.

At least the two acts I thought deserved to win came in a respectable second and third.

Second place, Barbara Padilla.

Third place, Recycled Percussion.

Fourth place, The Texas Tenors.

Fifth place, The Voices of Glory.

Eliminated without placement revealed, Hairo Torres, Lawrence Beamen, The Fab Five, Drew Stevyns, Grandma Lee.

In many ways this was the best season yet once we got past the horrid auditions stage. A much higher quality of acts in the end this year. Love Nick Cannon, a fabulous replacement host after Jerry Springer. He brought a refreshing new style to this season, his own hosting style, which I greatly appreciated.

Wish they'd get rid of the audition rejects revue bit in the finale, it was much better when they showcased acts that had made it reasonably far along only to be eliminated. I mean, shudder, I never wanted to see creepy sleezey love couple in their air-ring-thingy again ever ever ever!

See ya next year!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! babygirl808 09-17-09 1
   RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! dabo 09-17-09 4
 America got it wrong. Max Headroom 09-17-09 2
 RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! jbug 09-17-09 3
   RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! steveslx 09-17-09 5
 RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! Tahj 09-17-09 6
   RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! Bursar 09-17-09 7
       RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! Tahj 09-17-09 8
           RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! Bursar 09-17-09 9
               RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! dabo 09-17-09 10
 RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! Tahj 09-17-09 11
   RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! dabo 09-17-09 12
       RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! jbug 09-18-09 14
           RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! dabo 09-18-09 15
 RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner! fullofgrace2470 09-17-09 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

babygirl808 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-09, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babygirl808 Click to send private message to babygirl808 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
Dabo, Your 2 favorite picks were the same as mine! Even though I was rooting for Kevin all the way I thought for sure Barbara Padilla was gonna take the "Gold home". I was very surprised when they said Kevins name. I was thrilled!!!! but "what a surprise!!!!"
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-17-09, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
Welcome aboard, babygirl808. Always a pleasure to see new posters.

SMILES ARE FREE

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "America got it wrong."
And as a result of our collective stupidity, we were rewarded with a winner who will be every bit as successful as Bianca.

*sigh*

Why do I watch this show? The second- and third-place acts were much, much better than Kevin Skinner.

agman 2009

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditto

ditto on the rejects bit - ewwwwwwwww!

Agman 2009

steveslx 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steveslx Click to send private message to steveslx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-09 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-17-09 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

I think Kevin was a great choice. But I think Fab Five is much better.Barbara has a sob story behind her just like Kevin and the rest of them. I know I wouldn't go pay 1.50 to watch Barbara in Vegas sing opera. That's just not the thing now days especially in Vegas. But then again neither is Country. That's why I say the Fab Five because they were a dance act. The Texas Tenors and Drew Stevyns were losers from the get go and the same with grandma Lee. Recycled Percussion were a bunch of wannabe's that were trying to hard to be like the Blue Man Band and they weren't even close. The Voices of Glory were cute but not good enough and they were gosple and church type stuff.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-17-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
I can't stand to watch this show. I've tried. I did watch it last night because Susan Boyle was on. Of course, she was on last at the very end. But I have to say, it was worth the wait. Her performance was the highlight of the show for me. I will definitely be buying her CD.

It's a Tribe!

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
I will watch AGT over AI any day. At least they can end the program on time.

09-17-09, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
Ha! It's just the opposite for me. One of the main reasons is I can't stand David Hasselhof.

It's a Tribe!

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
Funny, that's exactly how I feel about Kara D'Whateverhername is.

Every show needs a substance-abusing judge.

09-17-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
Frankly, if we want to have a discussion re. the Hoff's alcoholism v. Paula's painkiller addictions and other mental frailities, we need a bigger boat. In the end they are both insane.

09-17-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
OK. I just watched two of Kevin's performances for the first time. How embarrassing. It's true, he really can't sing. He got the sympathy/sentimental vote. It just reinforced my belief that this show is really not worth watching. I'll betcha anything that Kevin's career will go down in flames while Barbara's will soar, as it should. Maybe not in Vegas but I can see her giving concerts with symphony orchestras all over the country.

It's a Tribe!

09-17-09, 05:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
The question they really should ask (about the singers anyway) is:

Who could do the best rendition of the National Anthem at the Superbowl?

The Vegas show angle has always irked me, that's not what it should be about.

But really, imagine Barbara Padilla, Kevin Skinner, The Voices of Glory, The Texas Tenors, Lawrence Beamen, Drew Stevyns, all performing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the Superbowl. Go ahead, take a few moments.

Which one was the best?

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
Texas Tenors

09-18-09, 02:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
The Voices of Glory would have been my pick.

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Congratulations, Kevin Skinner!"
With all my posts on here, I forgot to say Congratulations, Kevin. He may not have been my pick, but it's who the rest of America picked. *sigh*

Anyway, why not have the whole Top 10 do a show in Vegas? That way all the 1-act wonders will get their time in the spotlight, and nobody has to worry about having enough to fill a whole show. I know, I know, it's not the point. But with this Top 10, wouldn't it be fun? I know I'd pay to see it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •