The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 4 try-out episodes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-23-09, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 4 try-out episodes"
Let the revelries begin!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 episode one dabo 06-24-09 1
   RE: episode one Max Headroom 07-02-09 13
 RE: Season 4 try-out episodes jbug 06-24-09 2
   RE: Season 4 try-out episodes Brownroach 06-24-09 3
 episode two dabo 06-25-09 4
   RE: episode two Estee 06-25-09 5
       RE: episode two mindy23 06-25-09 6
       RE: episode two jbug 06-25-09 7
           RE: episode two HuckleberryHound 06-26-09 8
 episode 3 dabo 07-01-09 9
   RE: episode 3 jbug 07-01-09 10
       RE: episode 3 HuckleberryHound 07-01-09 11
           RE: episode 3 mindy23 07-01-09 12
 episode 4 dabo 07-02-09 14
   RE: episode 4 HuckleberryHound 07-08-09 15
 episodes 5 & 6 dabo 07-09-09 16
   RE: episodes 5 & 6 Max Headroom 07-10-09 17
 RE: Season 4 try-out episodes susang 07-10-09 18
 episodes 7 & 8 dabo 07-15-09 19
   RE: Guitar Kid mindy23 07-15-09 20
   RE: episodes 7 & 8 Max Headroom 07-15-09 21
       RE: episodes 7 & 8 mindy23 07-16-09 22
           RE: episodes 7 & 8 HuckleberryHound 07-22-09 23
 episodes 9 and 9-1/2 dabo 07-23-09 24
   Beale Street Flippers jbug 07-23-09 25
   RE: episodes 9 and 9-1/2 Colonel Zoidberg 07-27-09 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-24-09, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "episode one"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 00:37 AM (EST)

Man oh man, even though this is an unusual complaint from me, they should limit all episodes to one hour. Sitting through this folderol for two hours, particularly after they loaded the first half-hour or so with lame acts, made my brain go kaplooyey.

Anyway...

Love the new host. Nick Cannon's backstage observations were spontaniously humorous, very appreciated.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-09, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: episode one"
Now that I've had the chance to pull episode #1 off the TiVo, I concur. That was 30 minutes of content squeezed into two hours.

Thank goodness for the fast-forward button!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 4 try-out episodes"
So we got to watch a few train wrecks - as usual.
And only bits & pieces of the real talent.
Hopefully we'll see more of each of the ones who do go to Vegas.
Loved the new host. Quite a character.

Can't believe they put the 2 lovers on the swinging hoop thru - that was lame - and the guy looked creepy!

The guy who sang the song about David was great! Not a great voice, I mean; just funny as all get out! Wonder if he'll write new material for his next performance.

Going red white & blue with Agman since 2009

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 4 try-out episodes"
The couple in the hoop were just skeevy. Especially when they talked about each other. "He has the most perfect man-feet." Eww.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

06-25-09, 01:54 AM (EST)
4. "episode two"
Oh my heck, the one-hour format for try-outs is so much more sit-throughable.

Tonight's theme was brought to you by dancing kids. And blonde knockout Polish triplets. Not great singers, who really cared, I mean gosh blonde knockout Polish triplets. Or maybe Bulgarian, I really don't remember, they all kept talking at the same time. The talking over each other all the time was superb comedy, that should really be their act, damn funny stuff.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-09, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: episode two"
Not great singers, but it takes talent to pull that song off on a violin -- especially if you're doing it in three-part harmony. That's orchestra-level ability.

I just don't know if it's a viable Vegas act.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-25-09, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: episode two"
I really thought the violinists (the street kids) from last season were MUCH better than those stupid blonde Polish chicks! Yes, they played well, but their personalities were nerve-wracking, and annoying, and who could take THAT for an entire hour?

Plus, the kids, who ended up 2nd or 3rd, last year, seemed to have more variety to their act. I dunno. The blondes may pull something else out of a hat later. We'll see.. For now? Definitely NOT my favorites!

I LOVED the 8 y/0 dancers, and the young man, Arcadian? He took it all, IMHO! The very best of the night!

06-25-09, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: episode two"
I think the whole "best talent" vs "Vegas act" thing is a problem.
There are a lot of acts put thru that are really talented - and some that are talented but have lots of room for improvement (the kids 'ballroom' dance act - I've seen many young dancers of this kind much more talented than those 2). The 3 siblings who sang God Bless America are talented, but I don't know if they could do enough to entertain for an hour show.
So, are all the talented acts viable Vegas acts? No

I think it was the Hoff that brought that up to one act; "would people pay up to $75 to watch them for one hour?"
But then they don't always think of that when putting other acts thru to the next level. Maybe they figure those will get weeded out later.

Going red white & blue with Agman 2009

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-26-09, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: episode two"
You are right about the dancing kids though, it seems to be a really popular act to get on there, case in point:

http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/clips/dancers-dream/1129521/

Although I will say, we've had our fair share of hilarious acts so far.

07-01-09, 00:45 AM (EST)
9. "episode 3"
The magician was neat, the glasseater not so much. Where oh where are the great novelty acts?!! Loved the 14-year-old singer, great voice. Needs to work on her stage presentation.

07-01-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
10. "RE: episode 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-09 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

agree about the glass eater - who wants to watch that?

One groups that was shown just a bit of - dancers? men & women and a few drag queens? Wish they had shown more of them - but I think they got thru to Vegas so maybe we'll see more.

I missed the 14 yr singer - maybe catch it next week - looks like they're showing the previous week each week before the new show.

I love magicians / illusionists - when they are good. His 'trick' was okay, but he really had a 'show' attitude.

E: oops - messed up my sig

07-01-09, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: episode 3"
Still not really sure what I think about Carol:

http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/clips/carol-lugos-performance/1131351/

I definitely can't dance like that, but I'm still not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing haha.

07-01-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: episode 3"
She, was very good, for her age. BUT, again, could she entertain for an entire hour? I mean, given the age, and variety of what she'd have to do-what else would there be to watch for an entire hour??

Too bad they can't merge a couple of acts, like a dancer and singer, to do a show together. There are few acts, IMHO, that can really hold an audience for any length of time.

Of course, we've seen that there are some amazing exceptions, as with the ventriloquist from 2 seasons ago-can't remember his name.

This should be another interesting season!

07-02-09, 11:59 PM (EST)
14. "episode 4"
A night of bad acts with a few stand-outs. Loved the dog act, no way they can win.

07-08-09, 02:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: episode 4"
I agree, I think that they might need to do a variety show or something of people mixed together.

Full episodes are now available on the NBC website by the way.

07-09-09, 12:33 PM (EST)
16. "episodes 5 & 6"
This is becoming monotonous, I hope the auditions will be over soon. Seriously, did they have to show the toedancer? No.

07-10-09, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: episodes 5 & 6"
Yep, I'm ready to see talented acts, not circus side-show acts. How many more of thees audition episodes are there?

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-10-09, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season 4 try-out episodes"
Grandma Lee looks familiar. Was she on Last Comic Standing?

The worst (so far) is Monsieur Pedicure, the disco toe guy.

07-15-09, 00:41 AM (EST)
19. "episodes 7 & 8"
More of the same. Good news, in two weeks the real show begins. Bad news, it's not one week.

At least the electric guitar kid was impressive. The 74-year-old disco dancer, I'll grant that was entertaining, fun to watch, but he barely made it through his set and wasn't really that good, and anyway disco is dead.

And, oh goody, another magician made it through. Good act, but in the end game these guys are going to eliminate each other and leave us with another singer winning.

sigh

07-15-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Guitar Kid"
If he doesn't end up in at least the final 5, something is very wrong!! He's going to get MY vote the rest of the way through. At this point, I don't see anyone doing anything that impresses me more.

Singers come and go, and so what if you were on American Idol? There are contracts out there, and with most of the singers who have been through here, you never hear about them again. So, I say. give it to someone who's young enough to utilize it to the fullest, and who has remarkable talent at an age where he/she can be groomed to become even more amazing! At least that's MY humble opinion.....and I think the rest of you should at least consider that! HA

07-15-09, 12:56 PM (EST)
21. "RE: episodes 7 & 8"
Piers had the comment of the night when he said his 9-year-old son "could barely make it through 'Three Blind Mice' on a good day on his guitar." This statement was made just after the blues guitar kid blew all the judges away.

I gotta admit, that kid was impressive.

07-16-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
22. "RE: episodes 7 & 8"
Didn't see last night, due to power failure, but I just can't see anyone else coming close to that kid! I'm just waiting to see where this show takes him. I really hope he gets all the fame and glory he deserves-seems like a really neat family, too!!

07-22-09, 04:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: episodes 7 & 8"
As a heads up there's an extended interview between Susan Boyle and Meredith Vieira that's going to air tonight:

http://www.nbc.com/news/2009/07/17/susan-boyle-on-today-show-agt-and-nbccom/

07-23-09, 01:33 AM (EST)
24. "episodes 9 and 9-1/2"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-09 AT 01:35 AM (EST)

And we've finally made it through the audition rounds. Whew, I was beginning to think they would never end.

Roller-skating breakdancer act, that was pretty cool. Flippers, that was some mighty impressive flipping, can you do that for an hour or so as headliners?

And then there was the 9-other-1/2 about Susan Boyle. Which put me to sleep.

Love her singing, don't get me wrong, but when a reality show slash talent contest turns into an infomercial for a soon to be released CD and a lot of talk well color me bored. I'd have much rather seen more of the acts that passed muster.

Anyway, at least we are through with the ha-ha auditions and the real contest will begin next week barring presidential news conferences.

07-23-09, 09:33 AM (EST)
25. "Beale Street Flippers"
They were fun to watch!
I can see them doing an hour show tho more than the senior disco dancer guy

So hopefully the judges can choose 40 really good entertaining acts to put thru to the finals.
Weeding hundreds down to 40 can't be easy.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-27-09, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: episodes 9 and 9-1/2"
As my wife said about the whole Susan Boyle thing, it came down to AGT saying "We didn't have enough good acts to show, so we're going to fill time by talking to Susan Boyle."

Also, to Meredith Vieira: Don't quit your day job.

I do think AGT's starting to beat this whole Susan Boyle thing to death; even TV Guide chastised Piers and Sharon for being too rough on the chicken catcher who sang a perfect Garth Brooks tune, as if they were trying too hard to create America's answer to Susan Boyle (which he kind of was...who the hell knew what a chicken catcher was before that?)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •