The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences 24 Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-07, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
Wayne plays poker, after receiving lessons from Daniel Negreanu. He wins, but Jack and Doyle wager poorly and Jack has to recover the funds that they lost.

Or something like that.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AyaK 04-10-07 1
   RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... emydi 04-10-07 2
       RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AyaK 04-10-07 3
           RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... emydi 04-10-07 4
   RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... sittem 04-10-07 5
       RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AyaK 04-10-07 6
           RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... CantStandToLook 04-11-07 7
               RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AyaK 04-13-07 17
           RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... J Slice 04-11-07 8
   RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... PagongRatEater 04-12-07 9
       RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AyaK 04-13-07 16
   RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... curveball 04-12-07 11
       RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AyaK 04-13-07 14
 RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... trigirl 04-12-07 10
   RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AugustGirl 04-12-07 12
       RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... trigirl 04-13-07 13
           RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... AyaK 04-13-07 15
 RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thr... Loree 04-13-07 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-10-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-07 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

So Jack takes out Fayed and recovers the nukes -- and the rest of the season (7 more episodes) drops the Arab terrorism angle and focuses on the brewing Russia-China war.

Is anyone else more than a little bored by the plot recycling?

And guess who has allied himself with the Chinese? Hint: he was behind the plot to give Jack to the Chinese at the end of last season. Surprised? I thought not.

P.S. For anyone still mystified by the original post: Negreanu (a poker expert with his own column in the NY Times) has often talked about the importance of bluffing when it isn't expected, which is what Wayne did. Jack and Doyle tried to use the intelligence gained by Wayne to bluff Fayed but failed, and Jack had to recover (and, this time, kill) Fayed and the nukes.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
If it hadn't for me already...Audrey calling within 30 seconds of Jack killing Fayed...24 has definitely jumped the shark. I don't think I will even watch the rest of hte day..I never liked Audrey and this story is blah...Heroes is back on the 23rd hurray!

04-10-07, 02:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
I never liked Audrey and this story is blah

She isn't going to be around long.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
yeah, I know, that's part of the problem...sleeping with Jack is a death wish

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-10-07, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
Just finished watching a minute ago...

...and we should care about Audrey? I don't think so.

Daddy is a bit peaved with Jack?

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

04-10-07, 07:58 PM (EST)
6. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-07 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

We're supposed to believe that Jack is willing to kill himself to get Audrey freed. We'll see that next episode.

And she is freed. But ... damamged, so that she can't tell about what the Chinese did to her.

<disbelief>As if you can kidnap the daughter of the former Secretary of Defense with impunity.</disbelief>

Daddy had two sons who didn't live up to his expectations: one who was bright but didn't want to go into the family business; one who wasn't but did. So he took action to keep the family business going, by creating more family.

<disbelief>And Marilyn never told anyone about it. Not even Jack, whom she'd known since high school and who hated his dad. Yeah, sure.</disbelief>

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
That must be spoiler info cause I dont think I've read any of that between the lines in the commercials. They've definitely taken leave of their senses this season. Daddy's got another little boy and was willing to kill him to protect his business to give to who? SO many things that just make no sense or are completely stupid this season.

The Audrey storyline is sure to kill what viewership is left this season.

04-13-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
17. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
>That must be spoiler info 'cause I don't think I've read
>any of that between the lines in the commercials.

It is, sorry. Full credit: none of the spoiler info is mine; it all comes from Czar, Kuja and wayne on the 24 Insiders board, which is the top 24-focused board out there.

>They've definitely taken leave of their
>senses this season. Daddy's got another little boy and was
>willing to kill him to protect his business to give
>to who?

Right. In season 1, the writers thought they'd be cancelled after the first 12 greenlit episodes, so they didn't write a second half of the season until they had to -- which is how we had the bizarre outcome that Nina was the CTU mole.

In some ways, this season feels as slapdash as the second half of season 1.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
If your implication is Re: Spawn2, then I saw that coming from the beginning.

So, who's worse, EeeevilDad Bauer, or EeeevilPoppa Locke?

Hooray for the O'Brians!

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
I must say I'm a little disappointed the season so abruptly wrapped up. This is my first season so plot recycling doesn't bother me but totally new characters in the last 20 minutes of a movie, do. It just seems random carp thrown in to finish out the day. If the season ended right now I would be completely happy with my first 24 experience, though.

"It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.” Patrick Henry

04-13-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
16. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
>I must say I'm a little disappointed the season so abruptly
>wrapped up. This is my first season so plot recycling doesn't
>bother me but totally new characters in the
>last 20 minutes of a movie, do. It just
>seems random carp thrown in to finish out the day.

FYI, Cheng and Audrey aren't new characters. Cheng was in season 4 and 5 plus the first episode of season 6, and Audrey was Jack's fiance in season 4 before he killed her ex-husband -- then Audrey was surprised in season 5 to find out that Jack wasn't dead (they'd faked Jack's death at the end of season 4 to prevent Logan from handing him over to the Chinese then, as part of the plot that season involved Jack invading a Chinese embassy, the same way he invaded a Russian embassy this year).

And this season is far from wrapped up. We're about to move to a Russia-China war, at least if Jack doesn't stop it first. Of course, thanks to Daniels, Jack also helps trigger it (as you'll see)....

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-12-07, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
Ayak,

can someone send the drink girl over to Jack and Wayne's table? Jack's gone "all-in" so many times, he probably needs to get a drink of water once in a while.

It's been 17 hours and the closest we are to a beverage is the red bull Milo walked away from. Shouldn't someone from CTU order in a pizza since they're going to be there all night?

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Jack never says, "Hang on, I need to go take a p!ss..."

-cb

04-13-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
14. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
If I went through a day like this just after returning from torture in China, I'd probably be in the bathroom with digestive trouble for at least half an hour.... Jack must have a cast-iron sphincter.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-12-07, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
Ya know, this was the first episode in hours that I have enjoyed. It moved along at a brisk pace. Didn't have a wimpy President. Ended up with lots of bad guys dead. Yes, it was a good old 24 episode.

I don't mind the switch mid-season to the Audrey-Chinese plot. I was sooooo tired of Fayed and the nukes. Bring on some international intrigue!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
Loved when Doyle showed up at the warehouse, surveyed the damage, took a look at all the dead bodies, and said "whoa, Jack". I think Doyle just figured out Jack is King Badass.

Anywho, I agree with Trigirl. I was pretty shocked that the Russian/Mideast nuclear threat ended, but am ready to fight those sneaky damn Chinese. Am I happy to see Audrey? Hmmm, not really, but it could be worse. It could be Kim.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-07, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
it could be worse. It could be Kim.

Bwaaaahaaaa!

04-13-07, 10:43 AM (EST)
15. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
Here's hoping that Kim is gone for good.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-07, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 24 S6 E17 (10-11 PM) -- 4/9 thread "
I liked this week's episode. I am still enjoying this season. Although I don't care if Audrey comes back.

Season 3 is the only season I quit watching. But I have been happy with the show ever since.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •