The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 7 - Episode 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-15-10, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 7 - Episode 1"
Well, that was a whole lot of fugly walking down the runway.

The designs were bad enough, but I don't want to encounter most of those models in a dark alley either.

The eliminated design looked like something that already hangs in Crystal-with-a-Q's closet.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 arkiegrl 01-15-10 1
   RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 ARnutz 01-15-10 3
 RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 Tahj 01-15-10 2
 RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 ARnutz 01-15-10 4
   RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 AyaK 01-15-10 5
       RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 ARnutz 01-15-10 6
 RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 Belle Book 01-16-10 7
 RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 DrKegel 01-16-10 8
   RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 AyaK 01-17-10 9
       RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 DrKegel 01-18-10 10
 RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 jbug 01-19-10 11
   RE: Season 7 - Episode 1 jbug 01-19-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-10, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
I don't understand the purpose of the excess material placed on the side of Anthony's design. Would someone really *want* that on a dress?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-10, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
As one of the judge's said (Michael?)... that is for keeping your wine bottles!

'cause if you're wearing that out in public, ya must be drunk.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-15-10, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-10 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

I disagree. I liked most of them surprisingly enough. I especially loved the winning design, Emilio's. He rocked it.

My favorite character so far is Anthony from Atlanta.

We already have a weeper. Janeane. Crying at the start of her first interview and all through the episode. Great.

It's a Tribe!

01-15-10, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
What about that dance that the one model was told to do?

Anyway, I am so glad they are back in NYC!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-10, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
Well, I'm with HD here. I thought this group would be better than the last group, but through one challenge, it looks like they're just trying to be quirky.

I thought Jesus' chocolate bar/crocodile look was the worst, and I guess Nicole Richey's support saved him ... but probably not for long. Christiane was apparently trying to imitate the Bible's coat of many colors and doesn't have much to complain about, though. Anthony was flamboyant but lousy and earned his bottom 3 spot. Even most of the "safe" looks were lousy. Frankly, there wasn't much that I would call even a loud single, let alone a home run. The fact that Ping's Muslim scarf combo ended up in the top 3 doesn't say anything good, but we'll see how it goes.

01-15-10, 07:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
...they're just trying to be quirky

I thought I heard them say something to the effect that this was the most over the top, creatively, bunch as a whole they've had on the show.

Of course, I may not have heard right... or maybe I saw it on the website.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-16-10, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
I liked Maya's look the best though Emilio's was a good choice for the win.

Ping seems to be the "quirky" designer that usually turns up on the show. Her taking a risk is probably what got her in the Top 3 -- that and the fact that we all saw her point of view. And the first challenge is all about showing innovation and a real point of view. She won't win but she had a good showing among all the "quirky" designers I've seen in the first episodes.

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-16-10, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"

Have to disagree. Thought this is the strongest bunch of designs for a first episode that I've seen.

Loved the croc brown outfit, but then I'm a sucker for Las Vegas retro lounge lizard stuff. Actually am a fan of Matrix and thought the dress sort of hard that Vegas/Lounge lizard/Trinity thing going on. Thought it fit the model quite well also. Of course, you have to be a size 0 to wear it, but I could picture someone in Austin Power's ... like Elizabeth Hurley ... putting that on and sashaying around.

Don't know anyone's name on the first episode except for Ping. Oh, and Janeane. Didn't like retro boy's "young" outfit. I do think it might sell, but big deal. Liked the first design down, the black and white and a few others. Oh, and Emilio ... the one that won ... was it Emilio? Loved! his dress. Very cute and well-sewn. Janeane's second outfit was very wearable and well-done.

I always disagree with those judges. Especially Heidi. She has godawful taste! The stylist she has now seems to do a better job putting her together - not that it matters because she's beautiful. Beautiful women can wear anything and nobody cares! Oh, except for the Papa paparazzi. Think she should just comment and say Auf Wiedershen, but no more.

Anyway, the girl that went home (Christiane?) I thought should have gone home. The back of the dress where the draping went into the seam was horrible. (why? why oh why????) And it was horribly sewn. You could seen on TV that it didn't fit and was puckery.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-10, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-10 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

Yes, Christiane obviously could not construct a dress. It's interesting that we saw one contestant scrap her entire outfit because of puckery material, whereas Christiane didn't appear to pay any attention to the puckering ... or to the half-finished hem.

We've seen more emphasis on sewing skill since Season 4, when Christian did all of his construction work so perfectly.

And we'll see about the skills, but this was an easy first challenge: construct an outfit that plays to your greatest skill as a designer. I guess this was to counter the perception that a hard challenge coupled with beginner's nerves might cause a good designer to be sent home early. Now the judges have a clear idea who deserves a chance and who sucks.

The outfits should have been great. They weren't ... although Emilio's showed great construction skills and was a deserving winner.

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-18-10, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
We've seen more emphasis on sewing skill since Season 4, when Christian did all of his construction work so perfectly.
unquote

Oh, Christian was fabulous! I keep waiting to buy a pair of his slacks because he knows how to sew pants for women that fit! But as I recall, he was spotty in the beginning ... no? I seem to remember halfway through the season, he really started to shine!

And we'll see about the skills, but this was an easy first challenge: construct an outfit that plays to your greatest skill as a designer. I guess this was to counter the perception that a hard challenge coupled with beginner's nerves might cause a good designer to be sent home early.
unquote

This is all true. I think the first challenges in other seasons were to use materials purchased from grocery stores! Austin's corn husk dress was so gorgeous though! And then there's always that plastic trash bag look!!!

I like a lot of the contestants more than most of you seem to so it'll be fun to see how it works out. I think maybe they were determined to get a higher skill set level because of last season. Did anyone seriously think anyone even came close to Irina? They could have shut down the program midway! And the way they dragged out the final fashion show critiquing - as if anyone else stood a chance to win!

It was ridiculous. The other two collections should have just been scrapped and used for quilting material.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-10, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
Explain this to me.
Why was this not commented on?
Looks like Amy made only 1/2 of the bra and left the other side exposed.

You can see it with a magnifying glass (seriously!) and tell me!

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-7-episode-1#id=1

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-10, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 7 - Episode 1"
PS - I'd love it if each week someone would post the pics. I can but I don't know how to re-size/reduce them.

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •