The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-09, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
Michael Kors stuck around for another judging session, but still no Nina, who must be a hostage somewhere in the Valley.

Challenge: take a bunch of divorcees and turn their hideous wedding dresses into something for their new lives. Ugh. The women have no taste and demand to look ridiculous. Irina and Gordana use enough dye to turn the White Mountains into the Speckled Mountains.

Nice outfits: Gordana. The panel also likes Shirin's, which her client hates -- but it does have its pleasing features and deserved second (but got third). Gordana finally wins. Carol Hannah's was OK, but it could have been from a corporate mass-production --- very safe.

Bad outfits: Christopher (awful), Epperson (tried to retain the dress; client loves it, but Heidi correctly compares it to Oktoberfest garb -- she'd be at home in Switzerland yodeling), Logan (a complete mess, though Heidi, pleased that her Oktoberfest image went over so well, tries it again -- but this is more urban punk than rural, although clueless Heidi wouldn't know the difference), Nicolas (bad, bad -- very cliched), Irina (ugly lace, which somehow was picked as one of the best, seemingly revealing that this group has little talent),

Mediocre: Althea (summer dress, so-so).

What happened to all of the talent? Right now, Wendy Pepper would look like a possible winner. Yikes! What happened to the Christians and Kottos and Leannes and Chrises and Ramis and Jillians? is it the inconsistent judging? Anyway, right now this group sucks.

Although the worst piece for the second straight week is Christopher's, with Logan and Nicolas right behind, it's Epperson that walks the plank. But who cares? Nina's back next week but Michael's gone. I think he needed to get drunk after watching this mess for two straight weeks.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable ... dajaki 10-10-09 1
 RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable ... Sunny_Bunny 10-10-09 2
   RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable ... mindy23 10-10-09 3
       RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable ... Sunny_Bunny 10-11-09 4
 RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable ... jbug 10-12-09 5
 RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable ... Tahj 10-12-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-09, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
I haven't seen the episode yet, but I have to agree with the inconsistent judging. Without the same panel week after week, no one but Heidi is really getting to know the designers' work. To get Michael and Nina on a regular basis, they have got to move this show back to NYC, the real fashion capital of the US. LA is fine, there's a lot of money and glitzy style there, but even Los Angelenos know that US fashion starts in NY.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
This week on Project Heidi -

Heidi once again can't stand the fact that Mr. Kors has far more wit and sauciness than she does, so in true Heidi fashion tries to milk her one zinger, "Oktoberfest! It looks like Oktoberfest!" more than once. When that goes south, she thinks to herself - "well, I'll have more luck with Models Who Are Not ME except that this week, the models who are not Heidi were given a break so that the models who are so removed from Heidi that they live on another planet could be treated to the total destruction of their wedding dress to symbolize the crash and burn of their first marriages. Since the Heidi clones were given a recess, they naturally took the divorcees out to get plastered ... and they taught them how to "work the runway." To this end, they were successful in that Pumpkin Pie was never mentioned, and they seemed to have fun. Poor Heidi - left out in the cold on both shows this week. LOL

As for the "fashion" this week. Well, it really wasn't fashion at all, but a chance to stymie the designers to see who would rise to the occasion and who would fold into bad origami.

First we have all the designers b!tching over having to work with everything from Acetate to yards and yards of CHEAP lace, or minimalism that equaled about 2 yards of material that was *gasp* POLYESTER and thus couldn't be dyed.

Not to mention clients with questionable taste levels in the first place. We had a cornucopia of fugly wedding dresses ranging from a lacy cupcake to a "child of nature" complete with flower garland. And all of these women had opinions of what they envisioned the new fugly would look like -

"I'm a performer! I want to look like Cher! Half Breed with lots of feathers!"

SB Translator: Go ahead. Just try and give me what I want and NOT be sent home.

"I go to a lot of industry parties because I am trying to break into the business."

SB Translator: I think I want to give acting a try, and so when I go to those B or C level parties I need something "easy" that screams "casting couch anyone?" Oh, and try and give me what I want and NOT be sent home.

“I am the original earth mother. So, you can't use anything that isn't good for Mother Earth, or would require the killing and using the hide of innocent animals. Oh, and pay no attention to the faux fur around my neck, as that might give you a way out of my demands.”

SB translator: I am gas lighting you. Just try and make me look sophisticated and fashion forward with THIS DRESS to work with. Oh, and try and give me what I want and NOT be sent home."

"What were the instructions of this challenge again? I think I misunderstood Heidi. What am I supposed to do again? Oh wait, you want your "you" to show through... I'll just make a fugly corset that even the twilight girls wouldn't wear."

SB Translator: I'm Epperson. They LOVE me! No worries.

"I want it edgy, kind of punk rock, ya know?"

SB Translator: I don't know what I want, just rip it up and put it back together somehow. (which actually worked! LOL)

“Can you tell from this dress that I like lace? Gimme lace, but don't make me look OLD!”

SB Translator: I have no taste. I didn't have it when I originally chose this dress, and I still don't have it. Just do something age appropriate that screams "Trailer Trash Barbie Mother Of The Bride." Oh, and try and give me what I want and NOT be sent home.

Basically, none of the fashion really grabbed me last night (can't you tell? lol) But seriously, out of Logan and Epperson - Epperson should have been saved. Logan just doesn't do good construction - and if you have trouble fitting an anorexic twig with no curves, how are you ever going to fit a real woman with curves? The trousers were baggy at the crotch, the blouse didn't fit her torso, and the lacy bit at the top of the blouse looked cheap and frayed. At least Epperson's dress looked as if he could have fixed it into something wearable after the show. I would have shoved Logan's outfit into the nearest dumpster on my way home from the studio.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-09, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
Something very, very bad has happened to this show this season. I can't place my finger on it, but it's just BAD!!

I'd have to say the judging would be the first thing I'd guess at; and yes, it really has become Project Heidi. All about her, and what SHE thinks is cool, fashionable, and wearable.

Also, those little Heidisms are driving me nuts! She is so far off on comedic skills-heck, even her people skills are lacking in such ways. And now they've let her loose on this show, and it's just taken a fatal nose dive.

Last night, Chris should have been kicked off that stage for that horrid metalic bubble dress. It looked like it had been made of (And even MK said something close) plastic wrap over a garbage bag. BUT, was it the crying last week that let him slide by this time? I don't know. But I swear, if Heidi had said "Octoberfest" ONE. MORE. TIME. I honestly would have blown up the TV!!!!

Is there a lack in translation some where? I dunno. Epperson's outfit wasn't all that. But it also, IMHO, was not worth going home over, in comparison to Chris and Logan! THAT is for danged sure!

Irina is getting way too cocky, but that's to be expected with the wins. Nothing can be done about that, but you can see that the judges thinks she does no wrong. And the whining from the other dark-haired one (can't remember her name right now): enough to want to make you rip off your clothes and walk around in sack cloth and ashes!

The contestants are less mature-heck Christian was WAY more mature than some of these guys and look how young he was! The ones who are good, are 'barely' good, and the ones who are not? Can we dare to say 'fashion show'????

Maybe it's time for a lonnnnng break. Because finding a new station in a new town has not done justice for this show that was once on the top 3 of my list of what to watch. Now I DVR, if I remember, FF through most of the carp, to the finish, and still balk at who was sent home and why.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-09, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
I am still baffled at Epperson being sent home. Considering that all the judges agreed that the Logan's outfit "would NEVER end up in ANY woman's closet."

So how does that translate into "you can leave the runway?"

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-09, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
Surprising.
This was the season that started out with a "wow" these are talented designers!
Are they slipping or what?

I agree the lack of consistent judges is not helping.

Something I noticed: didn't a few of the women say they had been divorced for year? one maybe 16 years? (I may have mis-heard).
I wish they had told us the year they were married & wore the dress. It would have given us insight into the original design of the dress - not that it mattered.
But? those women still fit into their wedding dresses?
Wonder how long it took production to find that many divorcees who could still wear their wedding dresses? (I couldn't - but then I don't still have it either).

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-12-09, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR6, Episode 8: "A Fashionable New Beginning" ... NOT!"
This season is definitely turning out to be a yawner.

I was so disappointed in my boy Christopher. That thing was hideous! He's lost it and he better get it back.

It's a real puzzler as to why they kept Logan over Epperson. Maybe because Epperson didn't understand the challenge and he actually TOLD them that! Dude, dig yourself a hole why don't you.

Irina's lacey thang?! That just screamed Matron of Honor at the Wedding from BO-ring--and the f__king judges LIKED it. I hope the judges gave her just enough rope to hang herself, thinking she's just so good and the that the other designers are jealous of her.

Shirin saved herself but that dress was nothing special and way too close to the original.

Good for Gordana. Her's was definitely the best. She sorely need a confidence boost.

It's a Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •