The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-02-09, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-09 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

The episode title must be a reference to the fact that blue has to be the principal color in each of the outfits designed in this episode, which was part of a plug for the Macy's INC brand. No wonder the designers are using the Macy's accessory wall this season (which today featured footwear that was also part of the INC line).

The INC rep heard pitches from all 10 remaining designers and then picked five team leaders, who were responsible for executing their designs with the help of an assistant. The leaders chose the assistant, but the order was random. And so the teams (leader first) were:

Althea and Logan; Christopher and Epperson; Louise and Nicolas; Irina and Gordana; Carol Hannah and Shirin.

The teams then went to Mood, where Louise left her designs and fabric (in what Tim said was another first) but went back to get them before they left. The only designs that Tim criticized were Louise and Nicolas's. And when we came to judging, the teams ranked as follows, according the the judging panel, which included Michael Kors (welcome back!) but, once again, not Nina.

This time, the judging was right. Althea and Logan placed in the middle and belonged there. The two best were Irina and Gordana and Carol Hannah and Shirin. Irina kept trying to throw Gordana under the bus for no reason, even onstage while their looks were being praised -- she seems to be the leading competitor for the title of "Top Female Dog", but she also was declared the winner of the competition.

Louise and Nicolas and Christopher and Epperson were on the bottom. Louise's dresses were destroyed by the ruffles she insisted would be the highlights of the pieces, but Christopher's piece was the worst of all -- Michael dubbed it the "disco pumpkin", and that said it all, because it billowed like a pumpkin while looking like disco wear. Heidi, trying in vain to be equally clever, trashed Epperson's shirtdress as a "shower curtain nightie", but the only thing wrong with it was the choice of fabric (which had nothing in common with the fabric in the other piece). The "one or more" for booting added a little suspense, but Nicolas had immunity, so he couldn't go, and Epperson'd piece didn't deserve Heidi's snide trashing, so he was spared. That left Louise and a surprisingly crying Christopher, who had said that he expected that he and Epperson were the "dream team" and would dominate. Louise, whom a certain viewer (me) said during episode 6 was "clearly outclassed", was sent home. All I can say is, "At last!" Perhaps due to the return of Michael, Christopher, whose piece was the worst piece of the night but who had been good prior to this challenge, was spared.

The clips from next week included shots of Shirin, Logan, Nicolas, Epperson and Christopher on the runway, so expect that they will be 5 of the 6 people singled out. Gordana breaks down in a call to her family, and Epperson and Nicolas are heard criticizing their looks, while Carol Hannah says that "people aren't being sent home for a lack of talent".

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... SherpaDave 10-02-09 1
   RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... mhdallas 10-02-09 2
   RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... Tahj 10-02-09 3
 RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... Sunny_Bunny 10-04-09 4
   RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... AyaK 10-04-09 5
       RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... Sunny_Bunny 10-04-09 6
           RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... mtb002 10-05-09 7
               RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... Sunny_Bunny 10-05-09 8
 RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the... dajaki 10-05-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-09, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
If they'd sent Christopher home this week, after having sent Ra'mon home last week, that might've been it for me. They've pretty clearly been the cream of the crop of this group so far this season.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-02-09, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
I agree. I adored Ra'mon (I can't help it - I thought he was really cute!), and now I think the same thing about Christopher. He may have had a bad night last night, but he's shown plenty of promise before so I think the judges called it right.

I don't have much use for Logan, though, and really can't see why everyone thinks he's so hot. Not a great fashion designer, either.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-02-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
They made my boy cry! I so wanted to comfort him.

I was thinking the same thing. If they sent Christopher home I would have stopped watching in protest. I would have spewed venom at every judge, producer and website I could have.

He deserves to stay on prior accomplishments alone. He won once and should have won twice more IMO. That probably made him a little too cocky and he thought he could do know wrong. Last night was a wake up call.

It's a Tribe!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-09, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
I agree with you and everyone else. Thank goodness Kors was there to save Christopher's behind this week.

Poor Heidi. The Heidi Show just doesn't go well for her when Kors or Nina are there as the two of them are far better with the insult-within-a-quip than she is. I agree with her bib assessment on the collar of the disco pumpkin - although my first thought was that all the model needed was clown shoes and a red nose to go with the clown collar. LOL

Did any of you see Models Who Arn't Heidi afterwords? I will NEVER look at pumpkin pie in quite the same way after this.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-09, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
I can't take Models Who Aren't as Fabulous as Heidi, so I didn't watch. What happened with pumpkin pie?

10-04-09, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
LMAO, Ayak... this weeks ep was just weird.

The girls had to attend a class with runway coach extraordinaire, Michael Maddox. Sounds good right? Guess again. This guy was annoying as all heck, being rather RussHell-like in his delusions of grandeur. Proclaiming from the get go that these women were not people worthy of having their names remembered, he told them that he would simply call ALL of them "Pumpkin Pie."

Now, most of the models that aren't as fabulous as Heidi took this rather bizarre declaration on the chin. But an Israeli model took it as a personal insult and copped an attitude. (In her defense, I would have copped one as well. How hard can it be to learn 12 names? I can do it with 30 students in five different periods, ya know?)

Anyway, Maddox decided to teach all of the pies a half turn. But rather than show them how to do it, he called out each model to show HIM what they thought he was yammering on about. Of course, every. single. pumpkin. pie. was wrong. So he'd say "come here pumpkin pie" then say "WRONG pumpkin pie!" So in the space of about 3 minutes he must have said pumpkin pie 2000 times. LOL, and looked like an idiot doing it.

When he got to the model with an attitude, however, she balked and said "why should I do this when you know I don't know what you want me to do." Well, Kibbutz Pumpkin Pie got a lot of flak from MADdox for not genuflecting in worshipful wonder at his professional expertise and years of experience.

I couldn't help but think that if that's the type of carp I would have to put up with to be a model that's not as fabulous as Heidi, then Heidi can have it. LOL

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
My favorite quote,"I obviously didn't attend the Derek Zoolander school of modelling." She's not dumb, I'll give her that.

10-05-09, 10:19 AM (EST)
8. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
lol MTB, she's smart and has a sense of identity - wonder how long she will last in the business with those traits.

I can just see the principal at the school where I teach if suddenly I started using the MADdox teaching method.

1. 150 students known collectively as "kiddie-poo" making sure that each and every time I used it, the students would HEAR "dumbazz."

2. Asking them every morning what they THINK the key terms mean, and then yelling "Wrong, Kiddie-poo!" 150 students X 2 Kiddie-poos each = 300 (and that's just during the Q&As at the beginning of class!)

3. After making sure that the students felt as alienated as humanly possible, I proceed to try and teach them History, and send anyone who questions my methods and years of experience and expertise to the VP's office for discipline.

Yeah. I'm sure the principal would stand behind me on this one. lol

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-05-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR6, Episode 7: "The Sky Is the Limit""
I thought the worst garment of the night was Louise's light blue dress with the shower scrunchies down the front and the dangly black bow on the back. It really looked like a school project with cheap material sewn on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •