The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR, Episode 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-09, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR, Episode 6"
This is my first season watching Project Runway start to finish, in part because it is the first time I have had both cable and a DVR. So, I don't have all the insight into past seasons that many of you possess.

Is that enough text to hide any spoilers?

Here's some random observations:

Bye bye, R@'m*n!

Is it just me, or do others think that the judges have intentionally refused to make Christopher the winner for a second time? It just feels to me like they are trying to avoid an obvious frontrunner.

Logan: I don't get it. I know lots of gay men who think that attractive equals young and slender, regardless of any other physical attributes. I used to think of this as Twinkophilia, but now I refer to it as the Logan Syndrome. Now Logan is not ugly, but he certainly is not the hot hunk of meat that so many people on the program pretend that he is. Even if his face weren't average, I couldn't get past the wispy dishwater-blonde hair that has no discernible style (making it about as unappealing as Nicholas' stringy greasy mane framing that moon-round face). Is the Logan love simply a function of him being the only young straight guy in the cast?

Are Althea and Carol Hannah the same person? We're six episodes in and I cannot tell them apart, though I do know that one of them was the "winner" for an outfit that was so disheveled that it looked like a bunch of eight-year-olds in a Brownie troop did all the design and sewing.

I hope that Shirin just missed the bottom three if she couldn't be any more creative with "Western" than dance hall whore. I thought Epperson's design was a great concept, though it did make me nostalgic for Joss Whedon's Firefly.

Hmmm, I guess I did manage to talk about fashion a little bit there at the end. What did you think of the outfits?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR, Episode 6 frodis 09-25-09 1
 Hi, HD AyaK 09-26-09 2
 RE: PR, Episode 6 Sunny_Bunny 09-26-09 3
 RE: PR, Episode 6 kidflash212 09-26-09 4
 RE: PR, Episode 6 EmeraldBrooch 09-27-09 5
 RE: PR, Episode 6 PsychoKitty 09-27-09 6
 RE: PR, Episode 6 Tahj 09-30-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-25-09, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR, Episode 6"
I'm glad to see that Michael Kors will be back next episode. These "who?" judges are annoying me. Michael Kors would have had something memorable to say about R@'m*~'$ lizard lettuce mermaid wrapping-paper-in-humidity-meets-cat dress. Poor R@'m*~. I will miss him but I think he thought much more highly of himself than anyone else did.

I grudgingly have to defend Nicholas' ice queen dress as the best. It was. I wish I hadn't known about that goo in the model's hair, it kind of grossed me out. Then again, Nicholas' hair grosses me out. That man really needs to run into a bottle of Pert Plus at some point. I think the editors agree because they've had several shots of him primping in front of a mirror. His hair may single handedly free us from our dependence on foreign oil.

HD, I don't get the Logan love either. I don't think he's that hot and he seems perpetually confused.

Speaking of weird hair, is Althea's hair an unnaturally shade of straw-yellow? It has a very unusual texture, too.

Carol Hanna reminds me of a frog.

I thought that Eperson's dress was cool, but I was distracted by what looked like brown carpet tape wrapped around the waist. That color was wrong, or the leather (pleather?) was wrong - maybe it was too shiny. Not sure but it stood out in a bad way to me.

I liked the two assassin outfits. Very Matrix, so I'm not sure how original or inspired they were but they looked good.

Christopher's vampire bride dress was really beautiful. I loved the back. I can't believe he did all of that in one day.

Louise - blah. Gordana - it was pretty but I agree that it wasn't new or inspired, but neither was Shirin's nor the two Matrix outfits.

Why was the one judge wearing a lace tablecloth?

Is anyone still watching Models of the Runway? I have to admit that as vapid as they are I am kind of enjoying it.

Arkie Autumn Art!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Hi, HD"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-09 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

Great to see you here.

I've been a fan back from season 1. That said, this season is appreciably different because of the inconsistent judging panel and the new producers (with the network shift, Bunim/Murray replaced Magical Elves). As a result, it's harder ro get a feel for what's going on.

I agree that Epperson's outfit would have fit in nicely on Firefly (and, in a side note, I never knew you were a Firefly fan). It was my personal favorite. Christopher's dress was OK, but the "vampire bride" idea for "period piece" just SCREAMED "missed the mark" to me. Nice detailing work, though. I was stunned that the judges were so impressed by Nicolas's "total look" with the hair styling, instead of the fact that the other outfits put in the top 3 were designed and made better -- really, this may have been the worst judging panel in PR history.

The Logan love among the women is simply inspired by the fact that he's straight and single. Women who work in fashion meet very few straight and single guys. I'm not much of a judge of male attractiveness, but I can't see any other reason for all of the attention that he gets from the distaff side of the show.

I don't have any trouble recognizing Carol Hannah, but she has been in the middle of the pack consistently, and yet she's been quoted a lot. I don't know why. I thought her assassin outfit looked like Uma Thurman could have worn it in Kill Bill -- which is actually not a positive recommendation. But she's a heck of a lot better than Logan, who inexplicably missed the bottom three with another dud outfit. Clearly, Carol Hannah's crush on Logan has nothing to do with his talent, for he has very little.

Giordana reminds me somewhat of Wendy Pepper from season 1. She's a very competent craftsman, but without much vision. That said, I don't understand why she has paid two visits to the bottom 3 in the last two weeks for pieces that were just fine. Only a fool like Heidi would carp about these outfits. But Heidi is finally getting to prove, without Nina and Michael to bail her out, that she has no taste whatsoever.

Despite winning the last two challenges, Nicolas and Irina are not likely finalists -- although Irina's outfit this week may have been better than her outfit last week. But it's hard to say who the finalists are going to be. Last time, it was pretty obvious.

I had Louise at the bottom. She is completely outclassed. But Ra'Mon got cut for his bad dress this time, despite the fact that he's been pretty good up till now. Again, a by-product of the incredible switching judging panel.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-09, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR, Episode 6"
*waves to HD*

I have to agree with everyone here and say that I don't get the Logan Love either - but like the others, I think it's because he's the only straight guy in close proximity. If you watch the Models show after PR, even a couple of them were drooling so badly that he had puddles on the tips of his shoes whenever they were near him. LOL

As for the designs, I think the judges were really looking for the designers to be like Givenchy was to Audrey Hepburn - a costume designer that made everyone run to their nearest Bloomingdale's to look just as costume glam as she did in her movies. (so why didn't they just SAY that is beyond me) So the true period piece of the saloon girl and the flapper didn't really work while the Ice Queen gown could easily end up on a red carpet and not look to "costumy" doing it.

I also agree that moving this show to LA cost the designers and the viewers good judging. We may have often said "Wha?" to Kors and Nina's viewpoints, but at least they HAD valid viewpoints! One of their strengths was that they would often "save" a designer who produced a mess when he had produced winning or passing designs up to that point. (and yeah, sometimes we questioned that too lol) I hate this new "musical judges" thing, because in essence they are turning the show into Project Heidi (complete with "Models Who Aren't Heidi Of The Runway airing right after PH) -- and if you saw the horrid number she wore to the Emmys, you gotta wonder why she is considered the personification of style.

But at least this isn't the travesty that became Design Star this year.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-26-09, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR, Episode 6"
Logan is straight?!? I don't get the love either, Christopher is the one I'd like to wake up next to.

EmeraldBrooch 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-27-09, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EmeraldBrooch Click to send private message to EmeraldBrooch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR, Episode 6"
I, too, feel that Christopher should be winning some of these challenges. They always gush about his work but never pick him to win. Maybe they are waiting until he is the obvious best. Hopefully he'll be in the top three consistently, I really like how he looks at his fashion as art and has so much passion for it.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR, Episode 6"
How wonderful to find all of you over here! I have missed the boards since the end of AR and Survivor .. . and wondered if there was a PR thread! I too am a first time viewer - never got Bravo. I am loving the show and agree with just about everything all of you are saying. I felt bad for Ra'Mon, felt that particular dress was a disaster but he is usually one of the better ones, and wondered if that was because of the rotating judge situation. Now I know it is! And I agree something is off about Althea's hair and Carol Hanna does resemble an amphibian but she IS talented!

So, I just want to say I am really enjoying it. And most everyone is very creative under pressure. Gordana is getting the brunt of the blame, but I don't think her work is bad. And now the chaff is gone so probably someone we think is good will get cut each week. Good luck to Christopher! He is wonderful and not stuck up like some of the others Re Logan being the one straight young dude - wasn't Johnny straight?! What a catch!!!

See you on the boards!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-30-09, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR, Episode 6"
Both Christopher and Epperson have won before so yes, I think they are trying to give a wins to the new people.

Christopher has been my favorite from day one. I hope he wins.

I'm guessing there is more to Logan than we've been able to see up to now. I kind of get the attraction from watching his contestant videos on the website. I've really liked most of his designs.

In this challenge, Christopher's design was definitely my favorite. Epperson's was way cool also.

Strange creepy Russian boy...or Nicholas, if you prefer... won on the makeup. The judges had to come up with some reason to give him a win.

It's a Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •