The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-09, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-09 AT 08:54 AM (EST)

Well, we finally got to see the much-hyped "biggest lie in Project Runway history." It was a pretty big one, too, but it was just plain stupid. How could Johnny tell it with a straight face?

And this judging panel? My goodness, what a bunch of losers. It's clearly much harder to make good picks than Michael Kors and Nina Garcia make it seem. Heidi seems to have no sense at all, but we've never seen that until this season -- probably due to a combination of Michael, Nina and the editors. Tommy Hilfiger may have been a big star once upon a time, but it's easy to see why his design "empire" was reduced to a fiefdom and then to a molehill.

The only things I really agreed with the judges on were that Christopher's design was one of the best and Johnny and Nicolas were the two worst, with Johnny leaving. Since they got the boot right, it was OK. But these judges were brain-dead. PLEASE chenge the shooting schedule or location so that we don't keep getting these losers.

And you can put Eva Longoria Parker in that loser category as well. Go drink your Heineken, Eva, and leave fashion alone. You clearly don't understand it. Comparing Eva to Victoria Beckham as a judge is like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo.

Shirin's dress was extremely derivative, and I fully expected her to join the bottom three. On the high end, I loved Carol Hannah Whitfield's look (with the classic full skirt) and Epperson's Asian influences; I liked the work on Althea's dress, but I was very surprised that Irina's idiosyncratic trench coat was considered by the "JUDGING PANEL" (I use the term loosely) to be the best.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headli... mindy23 09-18-09 1
 RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headli... jbug 09-18-09 2
 RE: Johnny's lie mtb002 09-18-09 3
 RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headli... frodis 09-18-09 4
   RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headli... AyaK 09-18-09 5
       RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headli... mindy23 09-19-09 6
       RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headli... Snidget 09-19-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-18-09, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
For some reason, my DVR didn't get this one, so I'll have to pick it up tonight. From the sounds of it, I've got a good one coming up!!

And I totally agree with you about these loser judges this year! They should move over to HGTV!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
I'm not liking Nicholas - bad attitude; and his dress was horrible!
But Johnny deserved to go.
I wish we knew if the judges watch any of the film footage - or if they really judge just from what they see on the runway.

I thought Christopher should have won.

Fashion Headliners is a good title, but I was thinking I'd come into see
Stop the Presses!

Agman 2009

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-18-09, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Johnny's lie"
I really hope that wild story wasn't indicative of bigger problems for him, specifically his addiction. He needs some counseling and fast. I would hate to think that the stress of the competition could push him that far.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-09, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
Johnny should have stuck with his original "birds pooping on a statue" concept. He probably would have gotten the Vincent "it sucks but it's weird enough to stay" decision.

If Johnny was going to really spin that lie to whomever would listen, what he needed to do was to go and actually steam his dress and ruin it on purpose. Then people would just think he's stupid, as opposed to thinking he's stupid AND a liar. He did seem to have some practice at making lie-excuses and actually seemed to believe it himself by the time he was repeating it for the judges.

Johnny, what part of "you're being filmed for a TV show" did you not realize included "if you lie, we'll know?"

I did laugh when he started working the crossword. How many words do you think he made up just to fit the squares?

Nicolas is a dip.

I have to hand it to Tim Gunn for gently derailing Gordana's idea of the "time to change" political statement. Well done, Tim.

I loved Christopher's feather dress. He didn't make a paper dress, he made a great dress and happened to use paper to do it.

Shirin's dress reminded me of those fortune teller fold up paper box thingies that we made in grade school to determine whether we'd marry Eric Estrada or live in a toilet. (I hope someone knows what I'm talking about here, hard to describe but I think I could still make one if I tried hard enough.)

Did we even see what Logan made? I recall him making some comments about Johnny but I don't remember what his dress looked like.

I liked Irina's trench coat with the 1960's poodle-fur-esque collar and cuffs.

Louise sure likes to make a lot of foo-foo up in the neck area, doesn't she?

I agree with AyaK that the judges have been questionable this season.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
What we'll never know is whether Johnny's original concept with the birds would have been seen as weird but creative or have given us another "VMAs meets the Nobel Peace Prize" moment, with a concept so far outside the box that it missed entirely.

What we do know is that by scrapping the concept, he put himself in a tremendous hole, and he didn't have any real ideas left.

Of course, the best strategy would have been to alter the original dress to respond to Tim's comments, not just pitch it, and keep the bird fasteners (which were already made). It does lead one to wonder how stable Johnny is.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-19-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
How stable was Johnny? Not! Lying and basically cheating, and earlier in the season, crying that he couldn't do this, sleeping while others were working. THAT is how (un) stable he was/is! Do they NOT do background checks on these people? I mean, yes, he deserved a chance, but how long had he been out of rehab?

I can see him watching last night's show, after he left and Tim making those comments about his hideous outfit, running to Circle K and grabbing a six pack. IF he hasn't already. I have to say, in all the seasons of PR that I have watched, which would be 2nd through now, he stands out as the most unstable. Even the craziest designers were just kooky, not rehab-ready, or just out. Sad, really, that he was put in a position like that. I hope he gets the help he needs!!

And, I agree-Christopher should have won, hands down! What he did with that paper was way above the scrunching factor that Irina did on hers. Heck, she had tape on the back that was visible to the judges for crying out loud! Whatever...see my above comments about the judges. I won't repeat it again.

At least we're finally at a point where we can recognize the contestants, get to see and know their talents, personalities, and weaknesses. Now, we can start making logical choices on who really has the talent to withstand this competition...

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR6, Episode 5: "Fashion Headliners""
He does seem to be only semi-recovered from the addiction. I don't know if I'd go as far as unstable (he does seem to be pretty functional) but a lot of people will break the physical part of the addiction and not really do the work to fully heal the emotional side of it.

My guess is he may be more like a dry drunk than someone fully dedicated to recovery. To me that is worrisome because a lot of times that is when people have the big relapses.

I do wonder if they were able to have a good talking to his sponsor or therapist. Although they could have underestimated the stress of the competition and thought he'd be OK. I also hope he went to someone afterward because the way the lie incident looked to me it could be a signal that he is not quite as recovered as he and other people might have thought he was.

I've dealt with the dry drunk situation. They can seem OK until major stress hits, if he's lucky he's just doing the behavioral acting out and will catch it before there is a full relapse.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •