The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-10-09, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode within this thread.
The thread will contain spoiler information, concerning who won and who was auf'd immediately after the show's airing. So, if you don't want to know prior to seeing it for yourself, do not continue reading.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Challenge arkiegrl 09-10-09 1
 The Runway - Comments and Results arkiegrl 09-10-09 2
   RE: The Runway - Comments and Resul... kidflash212 09-10-09 4
 RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants kidflash212 09-10-09 3
   RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants mindy23 09-11-09 5
       RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants mhdallas 09-11-09 10
   RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants jbug 09-11-09 7
 The designs arkiegrl 09-11-09 6
   RE: The designs arkiegrl 09-11-09 8
   RE: The designs Sunny_Bunny 09-11-09 9
 RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants dajaki 09-11-09 11
   RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants AyaK 09-11-09 12
       RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants Belle Book 09-11-09 13
       RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants kidflash212 09-11-09 14
       LOL moonbaby 09-12-09 15
           RE: LOL awdean 09-12-09 16
 RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants BlueIris 09-15-09 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-10-09, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Challenge"
After a recap (you could have just caught one of the many "encore" airings), and conversation in the apartments for the morning after, we're off to find out what the new challenge is.

Heidi lets the designers know that Tim is waiting in the workroom with 13 women who know exactly what they want. The designers' challenge is to make all of these women very, very happy.
Surprise! Tim is in the workroom with the models! The models are going to an industry event that ...(sorry, I zoned out, and all I heard after that was blah, blah, blah). Anyway, 30 minutes to meet with the client/model, $100 budget, 30 minutes to shop, one day challenge, only have until midnight to work.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-10-09, 11:12 PM (EST)
2. "The Runway - Comments and Results"
Judges are Marc Bouwer, designer (where has Michael gone?), filling in for Nina Garcia is Zoe Glassner, editor of marie claire magazine, guest judge Jennifer Rade, stylist.

After the models have walked the runway, the following designers are called: Louise, Irina, Christopher, Nicolas, Gordana, Shirin, & Ra'mon - all have scored high enough to move on to the next challenge.

Judges comments to designers:
Carol Hannah - beautifully executed; really sophisticated, not stuffy
Logan - No. Cheap, tacky prom, but one judge did like the jeans and shoes Logan was wearing.
Epperson - love the dress; incredible job.
Johnny - the purse is the most interesting thing about outfit; bridesmaid.
Qristyl - does not look youthful - aged the model 10 - 15 years.
Althea - very chic; both Zoe and Jennifer would buy it right now.

Judges didn't like Qristyl's dress - made a simple dress look cheap; Logan - *pbbt*; Johnny - safe, boring, anyone could wear that dress, so who cares?
Liked Althea - breath of fresh air; Carol Hannah - fabulous job, looked classy, moved beautifully; Epperson - sexy (even though Heidi felt the model needed help up top).

Epperson is in.
Althea is the winner and has immunity.
Carol Hannah is in.
Johnny is in.
Qristyl, your dress is boring and looks cheap. Logan, your model would stand out for all the wrong reasons.
Logan is in, so Qristyl is out.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-10-09, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Runway - Comments and Results"
I think the move to LA is going to limit Michael's appearances.

09-10-09, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
I'm glad Logan survived - Last week I said Crystal with a Q was the weakest link. Nothing Q did in her three weeks showed that she had anything but the most basic dressmaking talent. During her exit, she said she knew she was a great designer. It made me sort of sad for her. She reminded of people I've met in my life that were convinced they would be a great musician, actor, singer, etc. when it was obvious to everyone else that it would never happen.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
I don't know about the judges this year, or maybe I'm the one who is off. But I have disagreed with their picks on almost every episode, except the first. I really thought that Carol Hannah should have won that challenge last night!

What she designed was classic, chic, and something that most women would look gorgeous in. Like last week with that green 'bomb' that they chose, I just didn't think that Althea's design was all that great. So what that she designed 3 pieces. Many of them have done that before on other shows and it's been tragic. Her model's top looked like it was going to fall out of the blouse, and I felt the skirt was poorly executed. There wasn't really any unique design to set it off, like Epperson's or Carol's. I suppose a person can throw 3 pieces together, but when you do a lot of hand work in a garment, that's what makes it a one of a kind (haute), right?? Just MY humble opinion.

Yes, Qristal's time was up. I can see now why she and Epperson didn't get along. He is so far advanced that he is eccentric in his esthetics. She's more the LBD type, and I just don't see her going too far. Maybe if she finds a designer to take her under their wing and mentor? I dunno.

In any case, the designers DO seem better this year, but I'm not getting the judging so much. And this whole model thing-well, I watch the first few minutes and realize how young and silly they really are. Vanity is such a sad reality these days.

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-11-09, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
Actually, I liked Epperson's dress the best, although Ra'mon's would've been great if it wasn't for that stupid bow. What Carol Hannah designed was okay, but I personally thought it looked a little out of sync, even though I get the whole hard/soft concept. She's a good designer, though, and should go far.

These designers are, for the most part, really talented. Yes, Qrystal should've left last night - but it very easily could've been Logan as well. I mean, what was that dress about? I don't see him going too far in this thing.

Oh well - at least I have something to watch now that BB has gone completely down the drain!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-09, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
Sort of like some of the singers on AI and the dancers on SYTYCD auditions. do not mention sex in this thread.... cause his mother knows he can dance....

Agman 2009

09-11-09, 10:05 AM (EST)
6. "The designs"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-09 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

Qristyl Nicolas
Irina Gordana
Shirin Logan
Christopher Epperson
Johnny Althea
Louise Ra'mon
Carol Hannah

09-11-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The designs"
My thoughts:
Qristyl's dress was very plain, totally agree with the judges.
Nicolas - I thought it had a bad fit - seems like the bodice gaps away from the body too far on one side.
Irina - I'm not crazy about that fabric, and I think the belt with the bow is ugly.
Gordana - I love the basket weave she did down the front. Considering the look of her model, I think she should have used a different color of fabric. It just blends too much with her model's coloring, and so the model doesn't stand out, IMO.
Shirin - I liked the back of the dress (should have posted a pic of that).
Logan - that skirt is funky (and not in a good way). Something about way the top is made, I'm reminded of a giraffe when I look at Koji.
Christopher - He said "salad" to Tim, but I'm thinking lettuce wrap.
Epperson - I like this dress very much.
Johnny - I don't think bridesmaid like the judges did, but there's not anything super special about it.
Althea - Meh. It doesn't do anything for me.
Louise - Not a fan of the ruff around the neck, but I love all the pleating she did.
Ra'mon - a present? for me? You shouldn't have. Take that bow off. Ugh.
Carol Hannah - I LOVED this dress. Love the skirt especially. After looking at the pic, I think the bodice needs a little work - it makes the model look like she has a saggy boob on the one side.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-09, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The designs"
I think this challenge brought forth something that separated the designers not only in creative talent, but in something that is just as important if they are going to proceed in this profession - listening skills.

For both the models and their designers who ended up in the bottom tier, their listening stopped at the word party. The bottom designers either didn't pay attention, or did not understand that the BIG word here was INDUSTRY party. Basically, that means the garment has to be short, form fitting, look expensive and scream "casting couch accessible."
If it looks like anyone could buy it off the rack for a wedding, prom, or company party, expect to be in the bottom at the end of the runway presentation.

Epperson's dress hit all of the criteria to win - and his model knew it and it showed.

Q's dress missed the mark on all of the criteria - and it showed. A classy, interesting-but-simple black dress could have knocked it out of the ball park - but hers looked like it could have been bought at K-Mart straight from the Elsalvadorian sweat-house that created it. Kiss. Of. Death.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-11-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
I'm agreeing with Mindy - Carol Hannah should have won. Althea's look was fine, but it was familiar. And the jiggly top wasn't appealing (probably because I'm a straight woman - I'm sure my DH would have loved it).

Q was ready to go. She isn't a great designer.

I really like the model that was auf'd. I'm glad she booked at job at the industry party (even if it was for icky Ed Hardy) when no one else did.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-09, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
It looks like we all pretty much agree that Carol Hannah and Epperson's outfits were the two outstanding looks for this challenge. I was stunned and a little disgusted that Althea was voted the winner, and I couldn't help but think that had there been a competent judging panel (e.g., Micharl, Nina and/or someone who wasn't a joke as the third judge), she would not have been the winner ... and probably would not even have placed in the top 3.

Qristyl has been the worst designer right along. I don't know how she got picked for the show. Mitchell, at least, was a competent designer (if lazy and a poor craftsman), but Qristyl has not shown any talent so far. Logan's not very good either; this outfit was hard to believe.

Of the others, I thought Gordana's would have been the third in the top three, despite the fact that the color was too light for the model. Well-made. Louise's outfit could have been very good, but I hate those overdone ruffles. I liked Irina's fabric, but not the construction. Christopher's model looked like a mate for the Jolly Green Giant. Ra'mon could just as easily have been in the bottom three, because I hated that bow, but then again, he did have immunity. Nicolas had a good idea, but the construction was weak -- it could have been very nice. And Shirin's dress was the reverse -- it wasn't so well-designed but it was well-made.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-09, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
Mom & I actually liked Althea's design and were pleased that it won! However, if Michael and Nina had been there, Epperson's design or Carol Hannah's might well have won. I think the reason why Althea won was because they appreciated the fact that she did three pieces in a short amount of time -- and the outfit wasn't terrible. That's not easy to do.

Belle Book

09-11-09, 09:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
Ayak -

You've said many of the things I was thinking - Crystal with a Q should never have been chosen for this show. Even her own outfits looked like they came from Kmart.

Gordana's dress was nice - just the worst color choice she could have made. Nicholas' just didn't fit the model correctly and flapped where it should have been tight but could have been a winner. Certainly a big improvement over that lace stripper/prostitute abomination from last week.

This was the first outfit of Christopher's that I didn't like - she looked like a mutant vegetable.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-09, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "LOL"
Jolly Green Giant! Wahahah! Too true. I agree with much that you posted.

I thought Epperson had it all sewn up.

awdean 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-12-09, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail awdean Click to send private message to awdean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: LOL"
Can't say I disagree with the judges - seemed pretty obvious. It's funny, but you never see something you think is great that winds up being the loser, even to an untrained eye, like mine. And they do a good job of explaining what they do and don't like about the clothes, which isn't that easy. And they almost always agree with each other - no one loves a dress that the others hate.

Customer created personalized greetings from great sports and entertainment stars, including CariDee English. A totally original gift idea. Great Friends Greetings.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-15-09, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: PR6, Ep 4, What a Woman Wants"
What this woman wants is the Project Runway she loved to return.

Why relocate to LA if you can't have Nina and Michael judge the challenges?

Why haven't there been any wonderfully ridiculous garbage/car parts/candy/grocery store challenges? (I hear ep. 5 includes newspaper)

Can they please stop with the pretty dresses already?

I suspect season 6 will continue to be boring; I feel bad for the designers that got stuck in this mess. I hope season 7 turned out better.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •