The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 6, episode 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-09, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 6, episode 3"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode within this thread.
The thread will contain spoiler information, concerning who won and who was auf'd immediately after the show's airing. So, if you don't want to know prior to seeing it for yourself, do not continue reading.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Challenge arkiegrl 09-03-09 1
   RE: The Challenge kidflash212 09-03-09 2
       RE: The Challenge arkiegrl 09-04-09 4
   The Runway arkiegrl 09-04-09 3
       RE: The Runway kidflash212 09-04-09 5
       RE: The Runway jbug 09-04-09 7
 RE: PR 6, episode 3 kidflash212 09-04-09 6
   RE: PR 6, episode 3 Tahj 09-04-09 8
       RE: PR 6, episode 3 mindy23 09-04-09 9
           RE: PR 6, episode 3 Sunny_Bunny 09-04-09 10
 The Designs arkiegrl 09-09-09 11
   RE: The Designs arkiegrl 09-09-09 12
       RE: The Designs Snidget 09-09-09 13
   RE: The Designs kidflash212 09-10-09 14
       RE: The Designs Tahj 09-10-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-03-09, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Challenge"
Time for a field trip! You can't leave California without seeing this, and second hint: Don't forget your sunscreen. Off they go, and arrive at the beach to find Tim rocking the blazer with flip-flops look.

The challenge is to create a surfwear look, and Yay! it's a team challenge. Shirin has immunity, and will be a team leader and will have first pick. Tim calls out the remaining team leaders of Logan, Nicolas, Nitchell, Althea, Qristyl, and Johnny, who will pick in that order. Shirin picks Carol Hannah, then Christopher is picked, followed by Gordana, Ra'mon (because Mitchell wants someone who can carry him in this challege), Louise, Epperson, and Irina. They have 20 minutes to confer with their teammate and with some surfer girls to get suggestions, then off to Mood to spend $50 in 15 minutes.

Ra'mon feels as if he has a giant bullseye painted on him.

Lots of dissension between team Q-E, beginning while shopping for fabrics.
Tim is back late at night with a message from Heidi and the judges. Each team must create a second look - an avant garde design that corresponds with the surfwear piece. Have tonight to come up with the design, tomorrow shopping at Mood with $200 budget.

On the 2nd day, Carol Hannah learns her model won't be available for fitting because Erika has booked a commercial. So, buh-bye, Erika; welcome back, Valerie.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-03-09, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Challenge"
Button down shirt with a tie and blazer does not work with flip flops. Not even Tim can pull that off.

09-04-09, 00:03 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Challenge"
Forgot to put /end sarcasm after saying he was rocking the look.

09-04-09, 00:02 AM (EST)
3. "The Runway"
Tonight's judges are Max Azria, Nina Garcia, and Rachel Bilson.

After all looks have been shown, Heidi calls Althea & Louise, Logan & Christopher, and Shirin & Carol Hannah to step forward. They have all received high enough scores to qualify for the next challenge.

Team QE and Nicolas/Gordana have the lowest scores, putting Johnny/Irina and Mitchell/Ra'mon in the top.

Qristal and Epperson bicker some more on the runway. Mitchell only worked on the swimsuit, which was covered by Ra'mon's dress.
Heidi doesn't know how she's supposed to judge someone who didn't actually do anything.

Ra'mon is the winner.
Irina and Johnny are both in.
Nicolas and Gordana are both in.
Epperson is in.
Mitchell, never before has a team member for the winning design been eliminated, but 3 strikes and you're out.
Qristal is in.

09-04-09, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Runway"
Glad to see Mitchell go - he's been useless from the beginning.

Crystal with a Q is now the weakest link. Mediocre at best. Even the dress she herself was wearing was ugly.

Ramon (sorry - will not include pretentious apostrophes) is difficult for me to like. Yes, he was stuck with an anchor for a partner, but his moaning and whining were too much for me. And his avant garde look in my unprofessional opinion was the worst thing on the runway tonight. It looked like he cut up an old stained yellow raincoat and wrapped it around the model.

I've seen prostitutes in outfits similar to Nicholas'

Why is Logan getting virtually no air time?

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Runway"
We can almost figure which ones are on top & which are on the bottom each week - cause the ones in the middle don't get much air time at all .

Ramon's yellow blow-out was so strange - yet the judges liked it; wonder what they would have thought of his wet suit look that he started with.....

Mitchell needed to go.
But I did wonder why they did not have the models show the bathing suits underneath - those that had them anyway.
The flowing multi-colored dress that Ramon did over the swim suit was beautiful! I loved the colors.

I'm not getting what Qristal's problem is (is her name really spelled with a Q? LOL)
Epperson did make a beautifully fitted top on the regular dress; but who knows what Q's would have looked like?
And can any one person - even a team leader - actually make another do what you say and not make changes? short of threatening with the scissors?

09-04-09, 00:48 AM (EST)
6. "RE: PR 6, episode 3"
Strange how the teams fell out -

Cute guy team - Christopher & Logan

Eastern European Team - Nicholas & Gordana

Black Team - Epperson & Crystal with a Q

Mean Girl Team - Shirin & Carol Hannah

Quirky Girl Team - Althea & Louise

Bickering Queens Team - Ramon & Mitchell

Almost seemed planned.....

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-04-09, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR 6, episode 3"
Cute guy team - Christopher & Logan

I call them the **Swoon Team** or **Fantasies Run Wild**. Uh-huh.

It's a Tribe!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-04-09, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR 6, episode 3"
I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that the teams were pre-chosen. That's what makes for good drama, isn't it?

In any case, it was way over time for Mitchell to go. That guy was definitely on something! I'm sure the cameraman just didn't want the guy going to jail, so he left that part out, but I would bet a nice $10 bill that there were a few unaccounted 'trips' to the bathroom with that guy. He was way too giddy and unresponsive, and just out of touch with the task.

Ramon did NOT deserve to win-not with THAT outfit, anyway. What the heck? I made things for my Barbie doll when I was 10 that looked better than that! I truly think it was a sympathy vote, and more of a statement to bring home the work that he did, versus the work that Mitchell did not.

All in all, it was a nutty episode, from start to finish. I'm not even sure what 'avante garde' means, but I'm guessing it means 'formal wear'?? Because most of those models came out with flowy, billowy gowns, right after the model before them came out with beach wear. It was just all too weird for me.

And, BTW, where the heck is Michael Kors these days??

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-09, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR 6, episode 3"
Avante Garde works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods. In some instances, I swear that is code for "some fugly outfit no one in their right mind would be caught dead in" but that's just me. LOL

I think Ramon's was a pity win too - and a great way to introduce a "first" on the show where the winning team had a member sent home. But I would argue that this was scripted too, as Mitchell has done nothing of value for his three weeks on the show. He was miscast on purpose for a dramatic auf - he just wasn't as talented as the rest of them.

They had to know that the "marriage" between Epperson and Qurstil wouldn't work either - she's a wimp, and he's got that "take over" personality. The bickering makes for great drama and bad design. LOL

09-09-09, 07:56 PM (EST)
11. "The Designs"
Johnny/Irina

Mitchell/Ra'mon

Shirin/Carol Hannah

Althea/Louise

Nicolas/Gordana

Logan/Christopher

09-09-09, 07:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Designs"
My first thought when the model came down the runway wearing Logan & Christopher's surfwear design was, ooh, shiny pee stains! I really don't like those pants.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-09, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Designs"
I didn't notice that on the runway, but now that you mention it, YIKES!

09-10-09, 12:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Designs"
None of these looks say beachwear to me.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-10-09, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Designs"
In Nina's video blog she said the designers were confused about what they were actually supposed to design. She said they were supposed to be inspired by the surfer/beach look and culture as well as a California vibe overall. Their confusion is reflected here I think.

It's a Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •