The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 6, Episode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-09, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 6, Episode 2"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode within this thread.
The thread will contain spoiler information, concerning who won and who was auf'd immediately after the show's airing. So, if you don't want to know prior to seeing it for yourself, do not continue reading.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR 6, Episode 2 kidflash212 08-27-09 1
   RE: PR 6, Episode 2 frodis 08-27-09 2
       RE: PR 6, Episode 2 mindy23 08-27-09 3
 The Challenge arkiegrl 08-27-09 4
 The Runway arkiegrl 08-27-09 5
   RE: The Runway jbug 08-28-09 6
   The Designs arkiegrl 08-28-09 9
       RE: The Designs arkiegrl 08-28-09 10
       RE: The Designs NewFan 08-28-09 12
           RE: The Designs arkiegrl 08-28-09 14
               RE: The Designs jbug 08-28-09 15
   RE: The Runway NewFan 08-28-09 13
 RE: PR 6, Episode 2 dajaki 08-28-09 7
   RE: PR 6, Episode 2 JessicaRN 08-28-09 8
   RE: PR 6, Episode 2 NewFan 08-28-09 11
 RE: PR 6, Episode 2 Sunny_Bunny 08-29-09 16
 Mitchell moonbaby 08-30-09 17
 RE: PR 6, Episode 2 Tahj 08-31-09 18
   Yep moonbaby 08-31-09 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-27-09, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
I'm confused. It's on now?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-27-09, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
I think arkie is just setting up the thread so people have someplace to go to discuss once it does air.

The only thing I look forward to more than Project Runway itself is arkie's weekly photo recap thread.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-27-09, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
And we're waiting, and waiting, and waiting....tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. Oh yeah, I live on the west, so I have a little more time.

Guess I could go fix up some supper. Catch ya later.

08-27-09, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The Challenge"
After a recap (hey, you could have just tuned in a little earlier, and watched the encore of last week's episode), we find out the new challenge.

Create a look for an actual celebrity.
Supermodel. TV/Film star.
And pregnant.

Create a chic pregnancy look for Rebecca Romijn for any type of event - designer's choice.

Christopher has immunity since he won last week.

$100 budget, and two days to work.

08-27-09, 11:06 PM (EST)
5. "The Runway"
Tonight's judges are Monique Lhuiller (sp?), designer, filling in for Michael Kors, Nina Garcia, and special guest Rebecca Romijn.

After all designs were shown, and the designers are back on the runway, Heidi calls the following names: Louise, Mitchell, Althea, Malvin, Shirin, Ra'mon. If your name was not called, your designs scored high enough to continue on to next week.

Judges comments about designs they did not like:
Ra'mon - too busy, sloppy construction, "here is the baby", bowling ball bag.
Malvin - the black was beautiful, but the sling is disturbing. Bizarre.
Mitchell - like the idea, but shorts are too short, shirt too tight. She is a mess, a pregnant mess.

Comments for designs they did like:
Louise - looks like lingerie. Rebecca would wear on date with her husband.
Althea - love the color, but would put more room in the cups. Elegant.
Shirin - love the drape, you should get into maternity business. Waistline was beautiful. Most wearable.

Louise is in.
The winner is Shirin, who has immunity for next week.
Althea is in.
Ra'mon is in.
Malvin is out.
Mitchell is told he just squeaked by.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-09, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Runway"
that was so wrong!
Why would they keep Mitchell again? 2 weeks in a row he has really messed up.
Malvin was robbed of a 2nd chance.
I actually didn't think the top of his design looked that bad (cept for the feathers). And the pants looked well fitted.
Much better than what Mitchell made.

Agman 2009

08-28-09, 01:21 PM (EST)
9. "The Designs"
Althea Carol Hannah Christopher Epperson
Gordana Irina Johnny Logan Louise Malvin
Mitchell Nicolas Qristyl Ra'mon Shirin

08-28-09, 01:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Designs"
I thought the jacket Epperson made looked horrible on the runway. It just didn't fall right for me. Plus, just my opinion, but when I was pregnant, I think a one-piece jumpsuit would have been horrible! Frequent trips to the bathroom, trying to shrug that down, and pull back up within the confines of a bathroom stall?? UGH!

You can't really tell from the pic I posted because it's too small, but I think Irina's dress needed just a tad more length in the front. As the model walked, the material flipped around too much, and came very close to over-exposure.

There were a few designs that didn't wow me or were overly repulsive. Mitchell's shorts were hideous. Maybe if someone who knew what they were doing was the person to do the sewing, they wouldn't look so bad.

I loved Shirin's dress. The draping was gorgeous!

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-28-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Designs"
Too bad the pics are so tiny, but there are just too many at this stage to show. Any way to have them enlarged upon clicking?

08-28-09, 02:54 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Designs"
No, but you can click here to go to Lifetime's website, and see the pictures in larger detail. You will be able to view from the side and back, and they have the option to zoom in for more detail.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-09, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Designs"
Those pics & the zoom really brought out the detail!
Made Mitchell's look even worse close up.

08-28-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Runway"
Shirin definitely deserved the win. That gathered detail was so interesting and beautiful. And to add a super cute coat with that lining was more than extra credit. Superb work!

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-28-09, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
I'm surprised that Mitchell was spared again. Though Malvin's was somewhat awful, at least he had an artistic concept that should have saved him. Mitchell's look was very sloppy and not even a cute sandal could have saved it.

I loved all of the women's dresses and agree with Shirin's win due to the skill she showed at draping.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
I loved the detail in that draping and the coat was really sophisticated also.

Heidi and Rebecca seemed to have a disagreement about what was suitable attire to wear on a date with their husbands!

I wonder if it was planned not to have Michael Kors be one of the judges. Although he is in touch with his feminine side, he has never been pregnant.

08-28-09, 02:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
I agree on Mitchell. This week showed that he seems to be out of his league. Why didn't he get it that if two women could fit into the shorts before the stretchy panel went in--well there was going to be enough material around the legs for 2 people. The shorts alone were ridiculous, but nothing else he created this week worked either. If he doesn't create a Top 3 outfit next week, I say give him the boot!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-09, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
I really, really loved the winners dress and coat. I would have worn that dress and Irina's in a heartbeat when I was pregnant!

I can't for the life of me figure out why Epperson would have created a jumpsuit. It was ugly for one, but it is totally wrong for pregnancy! I can't imaging having to shimmy out of that thing every time I had to use the restroom - which is a REAL concern when you are preggers.

I hated Malvins sling/feather combo. I really, really wouldn't want people coming up to me wanting to see the baby while pregnant. LOL

Mitchell. What a mess. He totally comes off as someone that isn't in the same league as the rest of the designers. Why did they even put him on this show?!

My biggest gripe about this episode was the models. Why put a bunch of anorexic twigs in belly bags and have them trot around in high heels? Part of the reason many of these clothes didn't look right was because of the fake preggie bellies that were the size of someone two hours away from delivery. Why not use real preggies as the models? Then the fake bellies would have been a reasonable size, and would not have looked so odd sticking out like an abscess on a twig!

If you want to read a good snark on this episode, try here

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-09, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Mitchell"
is next! He must be! Really, I don't see him sticking around, I get the impression that he can't sew.

LMAO, though, at his bowling bag comment. Hilarious and too true!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-31-09, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: PR 6, Episode 2"
Right now Christopher Straub is my favorite. It doesn't hurt that he's perfectly adorable and hugely cute, but he is quite talented as well.

I'm disappointed that there were no judges' comments on his pregnancy outfit because I think it rocked! I actually think he could have won again and I would love to know what the judges thought of it. here

I liked the model episode this time. I don't like all the model drama but I like hearing what the models say about the designers and I thought it was hysterical when Fatma gave Mitchell that dirty look. All the models don't like Mitchell and don't want to work with him.

It's a Tribe!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-09, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Yep"
from what we've seen so far, he is a major contender! And if the opening sequence is a spoiler, he appears after Heidi says something about the winner.

Hmmm...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •