The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-09, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-09 AT 11:03 PM (EST)

Reminder: if you don't want to know who won and who was auf'd, don't read this thread, especially post #4.
Please discuss the first episode of the new season in this thread. I will be back later to add pics of the designs, assuming that Lifetime will have them on the website.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The models arkiegrl 08-20-09 1
 The designers arkiegrl 08-20-09 2
 The Challenge arkiegrl 08-20-09 3
 The Runway arkiegrl 08-20-09 4
   The Designs arkiegrl 08-21-09 6
 RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 jbug 08-21-09 5
   RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 mindy23 08-21-09 7
       RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 AyaK 08-21-09 11
 RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 BlueIris 08-21-09 8
 RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 dajaki 08-21-09 9
   RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 JessicaRN 08-21-09 10
       RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 AyaK 08-21-09 12
           RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 Sunny_Bunny 08-21-09 15
   RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 AyaK 08-21-09 13
       RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 jbug 08-24-09 19
           RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 BlueIris 08-24-09 20
               RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 Sunny_Bunny 08-24-09 21
 RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 kidflash212 08-21-09 14
 RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 Belle Book 08-22-09 16
   RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 kidflash212 08-22-09 17
       RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1 Belle Book 08-23-09 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-20-09, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The models"
Celine Ebony Emarie Erica

Erika Fatma Kalyn Katie

Kojii Lisa Matar Tanisha

Tara Valerie Vanessa Yosuzi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-20-09, 09:00 PM (EST)
2. "The designers"
Althea Harper Ari Fish Carol Hannah Whitfield

Christopher Straub Epperson Gordana Gehlhausen

Irina Shabayeva Johnny Sakalis Logan Neitzel

Louise Black Malvin Vien Mitchell Hall

Nicolas Putvinski Qristyl Frazier Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman

Shirin Askari

08-20-09, 10:25 PM (EST)
3. "The Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-09 AT 10:53 PM (EST)

Design a Red Carpet look - designer's point of view and innovation.

$200 budget, 30 minutes to sketch, 30 minutes to shop. Models preselected for this assignment.

Ari doesn't sketch.

Johnny, recovering meth addict, having a meltdown. Tim talks to him, Johnny comes back into the workroom and announces that Tim Gunn is a god.

Mitchell's model does not have the measurements he was given - 5 inches bigger, he says.

08-20-09, 11:02 PM (EST)
4. "The Runway"
Heidi introduces the judges, Michael, Nina, and the special guest judge, Lindsay Lohan.

After scoring, Shirin, Epperson, Gordana, Carol Hannah, Logan, Althea, Nicolas, Irina, Malvin, and Louise all scored high enough to qualify for the next round.

Judges comments about designs they liked:
Ra'mon-Lawrence - it was beautiful, but safe.
Johnny - would be better in black instead of the red he chose.
Christopher - edgy, pretty. Heidi would wear it.

Judges comments about the designs they didn't like:
Qristyl - the back was nicely done, but the front was a nightmare.
Ari - was she serious?
Mitchell - sheer nightgown, not wearable.

Johnny is in.
Christopher is the winner.
Ra'mon-Lawrence is in.
Qristyl is in.
Mitchell is in, so Ari is auf'd.

08-21-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
6. "The Designs"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-09 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

Althea Gordana Malvin Mitchell Louise Christopher
Ra'mon-Lawrence Shirin Epperson Irina Ari Johnny
Carol Hannah Qristyl Logan Nicolas

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
Did these designers seem a bit more talented than before?
Good show.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-21-09, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
With the exception of Ari, who, IMHO, was a total kook, the designers this year, DO seem to have more talent and savvy then before.

Right now, there are SO many of them, I can't even begin to keep track. But I think the season will weed out quickly.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-09, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
I think the overall talent level among the designers has gone up as the seasons have gone on. Can anyone imagine Wendy Pepper making the final 3 on any season but the first or second? Or a Chloe Dau coming close to winning a future show (not, mind you, that she should have won season 2)? Even a space cadet like Sweet P is way beyond Chloe.

We learned from sleepy Chris March just how much you can get done in half the time (because you need nap time) if you're really good.

As for season 6, I felt sorry for Mitchell, even if his original design wasn't all that great. He learned a lesson about models' call sheets last night that I'll bet he never forgets. I told my daughter before the walk that he'd finish next to last as a warning, to make him (and the others) realize that even a very good excuse is still an excuse. And that's how it turned out.

The right person left. 'Nuff said about Ari.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
I’m so happy season 6 has finally started.

Congratulations to Christopher. I'll miss Ari; she looked like a lot of fun.

I couldn’t believe Mitchell’s claim that his model’s measurements were 5 inches larger everywhere than was written on the card. His dress didn’t fit from the neck down, how small did he think her neck was going to be? Yikes, 1 ½ days smocking? I didn’t see that much finished when he was taping it to his model. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have more time/fit issues in the near future.

Lindsay Lohan surprised me; she had a point of view and was able to articulate it.

The model show afterward was short and sweet. I’m sure there will be lots of drama to come.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-21-09, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
Yea! I'm so glad PR is back (though I wish it was still in NY).

I liked Christopher's dress, though I would like a closer look at Epperson's and Irina's.

Ari was nutty, but I kind of thought that would save her. I'm sure she would have eventually produced some fabulous ensemble for the sexy director of a children's art camp (remember from previous season?).

Mitchell is whiny. I think all the designers should expect a fudge factor in the model's measurements. Make things a couple of inches too wide or long. You can always hem and take in, but making a garment bigger is very difficult.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-21-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
I was sorry to see Ari go, just because she was an interesting character. She should have stuck around for a few weeks at least.

I also thought that when the designers were discussing their backgrounds, many were pretty connected. There are no longer the stay at home moms who design for their kids.

On the Model show afterward's the model was really going on about how Mitchell was trying to have her take the fall for his design and unfortunately for her, she was the one to leave. This show is an interesting addition because I've always wondered how the models feel walking down the runway in some of the ghastly and ill fitting designs.

It is good to see Heidi, Tim and even Michael and Nina. Makes me realize what a bad knock-off Bravo's The Fashion Show was.

08-21-09, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
I thought that the models show afterward was atrocious. They were unfortunately every bit as vapid as I thought they would be. It won't last.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-09, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
I have to agree with Ayak on this one. After 10 minutes of "The Models" I turned to another program. Watching a bunch of anorexic twigs whine about stupid stuff just wasn't what I wanted to watch.

I wonder what they show us when the designers are creating fashions for "real" people? Will we have to listen to the twigs diss the "real" people? LOL

08-21-09, 05:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
>Mitchell is whiny. I think all the designers should expect
>a fudge factor in the model's measurements. Make things
>a couple of inches too wide or long.

Had it been a couple of inches, he would be gone. It was five inches. There just isn't any way to compensate for that much.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
But when they were standing on the runway, he claimed to the judges that it was 6 inches.
That made me wonder how much of an exaggeration his original 5 inch comment was.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-09, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-09 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

I re-watched Mitchell's judging; on the runway he said she was 6-8 inches larger.

I still find his claim unbelievable.

etf: clarity

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-09, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
Mitchell strikes me as the type who is going to try and blame something or someone every. single. week. when he doesn't deliver the goods, sews badly, makes bad design decisions, or anything else that will bring out the criticism of the judges or Tim.

Hopefully, they won't keep him on the show very long. And hopefully he will never send out a model half naked except for her NECK ever again. LOL

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-21-09, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-09 AT 06:50 PM (EST)

Some quick notes:

I lack any knowledge of fashion and usually wonder why the judges like certain dresses when I think the dress is hideous(like many of Korto's designs). Last night I actually agreed with them - Christopher's dress was my favorite, too.

Didn't see what was so great about Ramon's dress (the apostrophe seems so pretentious, I just don't want to use it), it was just average to me.

Does Louise remind anyone else of the lead singer from Swing Out Sister?

Ari's dress was a mess, I think she deserved to go. Don't see any talent there.

Crystal with a Q and Mitchell will both be out early - my best guess.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-09, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
I thought Mitchell might go because I thought they'd reward Ari for taking a risk, even if was a lot like that "mad scientist's" designs in Season 3 (I think his name was Vince, but I'm not sure). I guess since the talent level is higher maybe Ari's "way in outer space" design didn't have a chance.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-09, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
Hey Belle - haven't seen you see the AR lvoe list!

As for Ari - I'd agree she took a risk but nothing about the risk she took suggested to me that she could improve. The dress seemed amateur compared to all the others. It was a sack with no shape. At least Mitchell might have some potential but he strikes me as a person that doesn't work well under a tight deadline.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-09, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Project Runway, Season 6, ep 1"
I agree -- I don't think Mitchell works well under a tight deadline or is flexible enough to adjust his design well enough when a problem occurs with little time to spare.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •