The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-08-08, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-08 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

If you don't want to know who the final three are, don't read any further, please.

I'm not going to do much recapping on this episode, as it's mostly the home visits with Tim.

Heidi sends the final four off to work on their lines for Bryant Park with one last challenge. They are to make a wedding dress that is inspired by their collections.

When they come back to New York, Kenley apologizes for her behavior to the others. Back at the studio/workroom, Tim lets them know that they have yet one more last challenge. They are to make a bridesmaid's dress to complement the wedding dress they've made.

The day of the runway show, Kenley's pissed because she thought she was the only one making a short bridesmaid's dress, and both Korto and Leanne had shortened their dresses.

First down the runway are Jerell's creations (the pictures on Bravo's site this week are not really great - sorry):

Kenley:

Korto:

Leanne:

Judges comments:
Jerell - Michael liked the wedding dress from the empire waist down, but all the embellishments were a little garish. The bridesmaid dress was "mumsy".
Kenley - the wedding dress was a dead ringer for a Alexander McQueen piece (Kenley protested that there was not another silhouette out there like her piece). Other than that, it was beautifully done. The bridesmaids dress was the "cutest damn dress."
Korto - Heidi would not want to be the bride and wear that dress. Micheal said the bride's dress was overworked and the bridesmaid's dress was underworked. Nina felt the bridesmaid's dress had no relevance to the bride's dress.
Leanne - bride's dress - so chic, beautifully crafted. Bridesmaid's dress was modern, but dreamy.

Leanne and Kenley will both be going on to Bryant Park.

Korto will also be going on, so Jerell is out. Jerell takes a parting shot at Michael Kors' designs in his good-bye confessional.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I arkiegrl 10-08-08 1
 RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I mattben 10-08-08 2
   RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I kbrockm 10-09-08 4
   RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I Fishercat 10-09-08 8
       RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I nailbone 10-09-08 12
           RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I Fishercat 10-12-08 18
       RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I labiscuit 10-13-08 19
   RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I BOYmeetsREALITY 10-10-08 14
 RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I Silvergirl1 10-09-08 3
 RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I Sunny_Bunny 10-09-08 5
   RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I mindy23 10-09-08 6
       RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I Misty Twisty 10-09-08 7
           RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I mindy23 10-09-08 9
 RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I toddE 10-09-08 10
   RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I ginger 10-09-08 11
       RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I Fishercat 10-11-08 17
 RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I tvgeek401 10-09-08 13
 RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I aquariaqueen 10-10-08 15
 Making a mistake right now moonbaby 10-11-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-08, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
My thoughts...
A co-worker and I had been talking about this, and thought that it wasn't fair that Jerell, who had been named the winner last week, would be up for elimination. But after seeing his wedding dress, especially the back of it, which you can't really see from the picture I posted, I feel his elimination was justified. But I wouldn't have minded Korto being auf'd for her dress, either.
As much as I dislike Kenley based on her personality, and really haven't cared for a lot of her work, I did like the wedding dress. I thought for a bridesmaid's dress, that her second look was really too short. But that's just me.

I really liked Leanne's bridal gown - thought it was gorgeous! As far as the bridesmaid's dress, I'm not completely sold on the bodice, but I loved the skirt on it, and the color.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-08-08, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Took a peek at the Bravo site w/ Emerald. It's not on for us yet on the west coast. Thanks, arkiegrl for the quick pic postings. I'll give a fuller review later.

First blush -- just from the website pics and a couple of video clips watched w/ Emerald:

Leanne wins hands down. Clean, elegant. I'll meet that garden nymph bridesmaid later. heheheh.

Kenly was on some sort of anti-social drug (per usual). What, are these gumdrop dresses? Wife of Big-Bird and her girlfriend Purple Hershey Kiss?

Korto's looks like a worm from Dune. And the bridesmaid's is cute and nice, but not appropriate for a bridesmaid. Certainly shows up the bulbous bride.

Jerrell was on drugs. What heck was that overdone crap? Again!? The Irish have a saying - "May God plant a flower on your head." Jerrell smoked a few too many of it's petals.

I'm too sexy for my hat.

kbrockm 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-08, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kbrockm Click to send private message to kbrockm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-08 AT 00:20 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-09-08 AT 00:20 AM (EST)

I agree. I've never been a big fan of Jerell, but he underdid himself tonight! A bride wearing that dress would need a very large church with an extra-wide aisle to get that thing down it. He deserved his elimination based on this week's efforts, but it WAS unfair that this decision wasn't made last week as it was supposed to.

Korto's wedding dress just wasn't very cohesive, and the bridesmaid should NEVER wear the same color (or just about) as the bride! That's a wedding no-no!

Kenley's wasn't bad (too many feathers!), but it just wasn't up to the standards I'd expect from the final four.

I DID like Leanne's, especially the bridesmaid dress. I didn't care for the 2-tiered look of the wedding dress. But I like the wave-inspired details on both.

--The Reality TV Fan
http://realitytvfan.blogspot.com

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-09-08, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Leanne wins hands down. Clean, elegant. I'll meet that garden nymph bridesmaid later. heheheh.

That would be Karalyn, Leanne's old model. I echo your sentiments on that. Heh.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Me too!! HOT HOT HOTTT!!!

10-12-08, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Not only smoking hot, but an infectious personality with very loose lips about the show

http://kwestblogsrunway.blogspot.com/

Some of the better inside reading I've done on the show.

labiscuit 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-13-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail labiscuit Click to send private message to labiscuit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
I totally agree. She was by far the best.

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-08, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"

>What, are these gumdrop dresses?
> Wife of Big-Bird and
>her girlfriend Purple Hershey Kiss?
>
>
>Korto's looks like a worm from
>Dune.

This made my day a lot brighter!
Thanks for the laugh!

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"

I saw the judges laughing when they watched Jerrell's bridal gown come down the runway, and for good reason. That headdress was simply awful. It did look like a flower pot on her head. The gown was over done, and the tulle was a ghastly color.

I like the color and fabric in the bridesmaid dress. It was not as overworked as the bridal gown.

Kenley's was actually pretty good. Both of the models did a good job showing off those dresses. I think I like Kenley's and Leanne's about the same, so a tie for first place from me.

Korto should have used another color for the bridesmaid dress. That color does not even say bride to me, either. Her bride looked fat. She's lucky they kept her, and kicked off Jerrell.

Leanne - The bridal gown was good. I liked her petals. Both of her dresses were good, and the models wore them well. I think Leanne might take this thing this season, but it could also go to Kenley.

I've been Glowed!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Just finished watching tonight, and tre cool that the producers made the challenge a wedding dress. Most designers include a wedding dress as their show stopper for their collections.

Jerell: Woah, what a train wreck! I agree with Nina that the color selection just looked dirty. I agree with Kors that there was just too much going on. And why didn't anyone bring up the mess in the back? It looked like some weird growth on her back.

Basic Rule: you should wear the dress, it shouldn't swallow you up like some tulle covered Godzilla. I didn't like the bridesmaid dress either. The choice of fabric on both looked wrinkled. And WTH was going on with the Daisy Head Maisy flowerpot?!

Korto: I've said this before - when your anorexic model looks FAT, your dress is doomed. DOOMED. Wrong color, wrong design, wrong for a wedding. Same for the bridesmaid dress -- don't wear the same color as the bride. I'd question my friendship with the bride on this dress anyway. It looked like an afterthought dress bought at Macy's on the way to the ceremony.

Kenley: I don't like her. I don't like her voice, I don't like her attitude, and I don't like her facial expressions during the judging. I did however like her dress. From the pictures I thought "Big Bird" but I liked the dress when I saw it on the runway. I liked the bridesmaid dress too, although I thought it was a bit short.

The two dresses were cohesive. They were also young and fun. I'd want to go to that wedding.

Leanne: Ok, so I may be a bit of an old fuddy duddy, but I liked Leanne's design best, because it LOOKED to me like a wedding dress. I liked the detailing, and the pockets were a great idea! The bridesmaid dress obviously was designed to go with the gown. Like Kenley, her design was young and fun and traditional without hitting you over the head with it.

Are veils passe now? I mean real veils rather than flower pots?

Is there anytime at all when Kenley isn't screaming that she's the victim of some right pleat conspiracy? Is she ALWAYS the victim of someone tossing darts?

I blame the OT punny thread. I've become PunnyBunny lol

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Jerell had an attitude that knocked him out of Bryant Park. Plain and Simple. No, Bridesmaids are NOT supposed to look ugly!! Nothing you do on PR is supposed to look ugly, or you get eliminated! Geez, have you learned nothing from your former friends, Mr. Potato Head, The Tim Bobble Head, and the Suede Dinosaur that you play with when you're so lonely?? THEY ARE GONE, DUDE! Well, not Tim, but you know what I mean. For making UGLY garments. I'm so disappointed. I saw those other designs he was working on-they were beautiful! Tim gave him advice, and he turned into Kenley overnight, and felt he didn't need Tim's advice. So? Bye-bye, Jerell. C-ya on 'How Do I Look' maybe.

Ok, so Kenley says she's sorry so she can live in peace with the rest of them. Still can't stand that voice or attitude or constant defending her choice of EVERYthing! And oh my good grief! Don't even let your garmet step into the shadow of hers! It's a government conspiracy, I swear! Prozac, anyone??
Didn't care for the gown, I suppose some wacky bride out there would LOVE to wear it, shed it all over the church and cause a huge allergy attack, and so be it. It was well made, and different-I haven't seen A. McQueen's yet. The bridesmaid dress was cute, but a tad too short. What if your bridesmaid is only 5'2" like me? When she bends over, her whole bum will hang out!
Sadly, she'll be showing at BP, and we have to suck it up and go with the flow, in hopes that her collection is so hideous that NO one would ever consider wearing it, unless they were to be in an "Alice in Wonderland" production.

Korto: brains went out the window on this one. Awful! Don't know about that girl. Was it too much of trying to push the culture thing? But then the bridesmaid dress was all over the place...will she redeem herself at B.P.??

Leanne's was, IMHO, hands down, the most elegant, amazing bridal gown ever! Vera Wang will be calling soon, Honey! Absolutely adorable! And the bridesmaid dress-no question about it. You could tell they were meant to be at the same function, in the same wedding! I hope she wraps this thing up and takes her dreams to the top. She so deserves this for just hanging in there and being who she is, and being true to herself.

Added note: anyone see these 4 on Regis and Kelly? I wondered why Jerell kept saying that all that mattered was that their designs were shown on TV, and that they all got great exposure from the show! NOW I KNOW!! LOL. AND...as a side bar: Leanne was REALLY quiet. Don't know what that was about.

Misty Twisty 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-09-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Misty%20Twisty Click to send private message to Misty%20Twisty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
I'm sorry but this season has been a joke. Kenley in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM should have made it as far as she has. She should have been booted during the hip hop challenge but was kept b/c she provided RATINGS. I watch PR for the fashions and designs not to see some whiny ars brat who has poor taste kept around for ratings.
I hope the show gets drastically changed when it moves over to Lifetime b/c if it's another season like this one I'm not wasting anymore of my Wednesday nights watching it.

On the bright side I really like Leanne's collection and hope she wins.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
>I'm sorry but this season has
>been a joke. Kenley in
>NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM
>should have made it as
>far as she has. She
>should have been booted during
>the hip hop challenge but
>was kept b/c she provided
>RATINGS. I watch PR for
>the fashions and designs not
>to see some whiny ars
>brat who has poor taste
>kept around for ratings.
>I hope the show gets drastically
>changed when it moves over
>to Lifetime b/c if it's
>another season like this one
>I'm not wasting anymore of
>my Wednesday nights watching it.
>
>
>On the bright side I really
>like Leanne's collection and hope
>she wins.

Could NOT have said it better!!! Here here!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
I wondered if Jerrell's time would be up, because he has done some horrible work in the past (as well as some really good stuff).

Personally, I would get rid of Korto. I don't like her style, the African stuff doesn't appeal to me. I am a bit afraid that she will win, which would make me sad.

And don't worry, Kenley haters, she'll get what's coming to her in the big finale.

Leeanne has to win. She's really good.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-08, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-08 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

I'm torn because I'd rather see the best designers than the nicest, so I have to say, I'd rather see Kenley's show than Jerrell's and I didn't mind her going to The Tent. On the other hand, that dress SO RIPPED OFF ALEXANDER McQUEEN.

And Korto's dress was just fugly. Fugly fugly fugly. I've never liked her stuff that much anyway and I loathed what she came up with.

Judy Noodles for the win!

10-11-08, 07:51 PM (EST)
17. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
I am a full on Judy Noodles supporter.

*waves cut-out shape*

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-09-08, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
I was disappointed that Kenley's dress was so great. And it did look like McQueen's, but it wasn't a 'dead ringer'. It was actually my favorite of the dresses.
I was hoping she would fail so I'd get to see the designers I do like at the finale.

Leanne was beautiful as usual. I'm not surprised she is in the final three.

I actually liked Jerell's dress aside from the flowerpot headpiece. It was certainly better than Korto's. I've also liked Jerell's work throughout the season better than Korto's, but oh, well.

Korto just blew it for me. The dress was unflattering and unattractive.

I was disappointed to see her go on.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-10-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR 5, Episode 13, Finale Part I"
Wow.....a show I didn't expect.

LeAnne's was my favorite....and she's been "meh" for me pretty much the whole season. I loved the bridesmaid's dress. I had a hard time accepting that skirt on the wedding gown.

Kenley makes it to second place because of Korto and Jerrell.
Hers were done very nicely, but in many other years, she wouldn't have rated this high from me. I wouldn't wear her wedding gown, but it was done nicely and tastefully, if you like that sort of thing. Her bridesmaid dress was ok, acceptable, but nothing more superior than what I have seen before in a bridal shop.

Korto....I am just shaking my head. I don't know what to say.

Jerrell....awful...and not too far from Korto.

I have been a Korto appreciator since the beginning, but seeing what she had working at home, I must say I am disappointed. Maybe it will be different on the runway

LeAnne's collection looks quirky, will probably look ok, but wouldn't be anything I would purchase.

We'll see about Kenley.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-08, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Making a mistake right now"
by saying the win goes to Leanne

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •