The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 5, ep 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-08, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 5, ep 7"
"Fashion That Drives You"

Reminder that if you don't want to know who was auf'd, skip this thread, as it contains spoiler information.

We have the recap of last week's episode, followed by the winning designer being given the option of changing models or not. Joe elects to stay with his model.

The designers are told to go to the rooftop of 142 West 31st, and that is all the direction they are given. They discover that this is the address for a parking garage. Once they arrive at the top, they find several Saturn Vu Hybrid cars, Tim
Gunn, and Chris Webb, lead color designer for Saturn. We are given some information about the cars, to which I didn't pay attention. The challenge is to "recycle" the cars into an outfit of their choosing.

The cars are fully stocked with raw materials that are used to make the cars. Lots of floor mats, seatbelts, car seat covers, mufflers, headlights, etc. They have a bag and a rolling cart, and have 4 minutes to fill them. Stella thinks rushing around is stupid, and she's not rushing.

Tonight's winner will have immunity.

I don't have a lot of the banter from the work room or quips from confessional time, because either my cable or TV keeps cutting out on the volume with this show, and only this show. Either that, or there is way more swearing that what I think is going on. One question - did Blayne say to Tim "love your face" or refer to Tim as "loverface"? I wasn't sure. Suede seems to have dropped the 3rd person speak, but has now decided that "whack-a-doodle" is a good word to use to describe everything.

On to the runway...
Judges are Michael Kors, filling in for Nina Garcia is Laura Bennett, finalist from Season 3, and special guest judge, celebrity stylist and star of her own new show on Bravo, Rachel Zoe.

Jerrel:

Keith:

Terri:

Kenley:

Leanne:

Suede:

Korto:

Blayne:

Joe:

Stella:

Pardon me for one moment while I *gag* because of the fugly, FUGLY shoes Stella has once again had her model wear. Is that the only pair of shoes that will fit this model? Is that the problem? I HATE those shoes!

OK, back to the show...

Terri, Suede, Joe and Kenley are called to step forward, and their scores have qualified them as the middle of the pack. Leave the runway.

Judges comments:
Blayne: the fit is off. Michael is never a fan of carwash skirt. Heidi says broken mirrors mean 7 years of no sex.

Leanne: fabulous, interesting but chic (arkie is confused - is chic never interesting? is interesting not supposed to be chic?), blown away, you could take that dress straight to Paris, flawless.

Jerrel: quite amazing, very exciting, sexy, hot, chic, wearable.

Korto: so chic (I think the judges need a new word), elegant, restrained drama, beautifully thought out

Stella: top and skirt didn't go together, random, just didn't fit together

Keith: no concept (Keith replies that Laura should have seen his previous work.) Rachel questions the gap in the back. Not Keith's fault, the model sat down to get her makeup done.

Jerrel - in.
Winner - Leanne
Korto - in.
Blayne - in.
Stella - in.
Keith - auf'd.

Keith is most upset that he's leaving over a dress that really didn't represent him.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 First, and foremost aquariaqueen 08-28-08 1
 Korto moonbaby 08-28-08 2
   RE: Korto aquariaqueen 08-28-08 3
   RE: Korto Sunny_Bunny 08-30-08 15
 RE: PR 5, ep 7 jbug 08-28-08 4
   RE: PR 5, ep 7 mindy23 08-28-08 5
 GWDKFBLHG update nailbone 08-29-08 6
 RE: PR 5, ep 7 Silvergirl1 08-29-08 7
   RE: PR 5, ep 7 aquariaqueen 08-29-08 8
       RE: PR 5, ep 7 Silvergirl1 08-30-08 11
           RE: PR 5, ep 7 aquariaqueen 08-30-08 13
   RE: PR 5, ep 7 nailbone 08-29-08 9
       RE: PR 5, ep 7 arkiegrl 08-29-08 10
       RE: PR 5, ep 7 Silvergirl1 08-30-08 12
 RE: PR 5, ep 7 dajaki 08-30-08 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-28-08, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "First, and foremost"
...thanks for always putting up a great post especially with all the pics. I appreciate ALL your effort.

Now to the show. I thought it was going to be NASCAR themed by the title. I kinda liked this one.

Again, the pics look much better than the runway show.

Jerrell-very creative looking. Again he didn't disappoint.

Keith-looks better in the pic, that's for sure. Boooooooring.
Keith, you let a bad episode ruin it for yourself. You didn't get past it, and it showed.

Terri-you took this task to heart, you gave us something pretty cool. I score it like Jerrell's.

Kenley-that was a beautiful outfit, who would have thought that was constructed from car parts???? You get an "8".

Leanne-not my cup of tea, but it was great. Not disappointed you won, but a little surprised.

Suede-sure looked like Keith made that one! What was the silver stuff originally?

Korto-that looked lovely. Kinda wanted her to win.

Blayne-that had so much potential. I agree, the length was too long, maybe shorter in the front and flowing longer towards the back would have been better, I loved the waistline, but the chest area you couldn't get the right form. I liked the style, execution lacked.

Joe-ehhhhhh, I score a point under Terri and Jerrell for this one.

Stella-I thought this was going to be your day to shine....I think I am willing to let you out of this competition. You don't have a spark left in you. Even your "I love you" on the phone wasn't convincing.

Top-Kenley, Korto
Middle-Jerrell, Terri, Leanne
Eh-Suede, Blayne, Joe
Pitiful-Keith and Stella

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Korto"
did an amazing job-I thought she was going to win! Joe disappointed me this week. That outfit was blek.

Keith? Ugh. Haven't cared for his stuff much. I think the right person is gone. Part of his confessional was that he deserved to win this more than anyone else. Oh really, Swatch Boy? He was really mouthy during the judging, too. That never goes over big with me. Handle the criticism, say thank you and move on. Which is pretty much what Michael Kors said to him.

The clock is ticking for Blayne. And Stella? Find another way to do closures on your garments, please-the lacing up thing is getting old.

08-28-08, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Korto"
Handle the
>criticism, say thank you and
>move on. Which is pretty
>much what Michael Kors said
>to him.

Even when they ripped Stella a new one, she sheepishly said "thank you" which sounded painful.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-08, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Korto"
The only contestant I ever saw get away with snapping at the judges was Santino, and even he backed off once they started snapping back with retorts that pretty much said "keep it up, and we will auf you."

Kieth was a sniveling, whiney, baby this week, but really he has behaved that way in the project room for much longer.

Rami-2 shredboy is gone. Thank you Judges.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-08 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

I wish the judges would critique each outfit. I'd like to have heard Suede explain what his was made of.

I thought Stella should have been out. Tho there was nothing exciting about Keith's, Stella's was so messy looking.

I have a solution for the top of Blayne's dress. Allow the belts that come up from the side to cross over tot he opposite shoulder. Then those in the middle could be cut to form a V where the others crossed. I think that would have taken out the bulge by the arms.

Thanks for posting all the pics again Arkie.

by Agman

E to change no to so

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-28-08, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"
I actually thought most of the contestants did a fairly good job. As you, JBUG, I felt that Blayne could have salvaged that dress, but I felt it needed to have been made into a halter on top, more form-fitting, with those belts going over the neck line, instead of just hanging out there, along with the extra baggage that model had on top! Otherwise, it really was a pretty good concoction, for him. The broken glass was even a decent attempt at 'couture', but that neckline just threw everything off.

Stella's attitude is so annoying, I think she should just leave. She never wants to get up, never wants to get into the competition, just doesn't have a winning spirit. I think she feels she should have this money handed to her because she is a punk-rock stylist and in that way is somehow entitled. She's just disturbed and disturbing-to me, anyway!

I am glad Leanne won-she deserved it, and I think it may boost her confidence to a point that she will just soar and we'll see a lot more talent from this one.

The others did well in deconstruction and reconstruction. Of course, most of those outfits, your 'normal' person wouldn't be caught dead in! Laura Bennet would have LOVED Daniel!!HA. He could have made a cocktail dress out of a muffler or something and the two of them could have swooned over it...Did NOT get Joe's dress; I was a little disappointed that he may have faltered a bit because he had immunity. Oh well.

In the end, it was time for Kevin to leave. I'm not sure what the deal with Utah is, but hey-can you just MOVE?? I know that Mormons do not approve of your lifestyle, that's why there are 49 other states, and a ba-zillion other countries for you to row your little boat to, bud. Chow!

Anyway, next week will be interesting, intimidating, and probably not much fun. Can't wait until Stella meets up with a REAL class act fashionista!!!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-08, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "GWDKFBLHG update"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-08 AT 08:45 AM (EST)

Well, there were definitely some hot girls this week, so here's your Guy Who Doesn't Know Fashion But Likes Hot Girls (GWDKFBLHG) update:

Jerrell - HOT HOT HOT design, hot girl...but the weird makeup and hair, and the slightly uneven boots were a bit off-putting.

Keith - boring. See ya.

Terri - nice. Loved the netting.

Kenley - meh.

Leanne- YES!! Definitely the winner! HOT girl, HOT dress!! But do NOT like the shoes.

Suede - not bad.

Korto - didn't like that at all. big, bulky, NOT sexy. Make something without big sleeves for a change.

Blayne - HOT girl. Make a dress that fits, and shorten it up a bunch. It had SUCH potential.

Joe - dress was meh, shoes are ugly.

Stella - another with a hot girl in a dress with unrealized potential and ugly shoes.

Oh, and they brought back the wrong model for Kenley. I thought the other model (worked with Daniel in the Olympic challenge, I think) that got booted was WAY cute! I hated to see her go.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-08, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"

Thanks, Arkie, for posting this.

Jerrell is a good stylist. I don't particularly like this outfit, but it works on the model.

Keith - poor gay man from Utah. It sounded like he can't get out of the state unless he won this thing. I don't get it. I also don't get the chip on his shoulder. So you didn't cut swatches this time. I knew something was going south when he complained about his model's skirt ripping when she sat down for makeup. Goodbye - hope you can find work.

Terri is a force to be reckoned with. Her styles always look well constructed. I like this outfit.

Kenley - this outfit looks like a lampshade from the 40's. I think the girl is stuck in that era. I think she will go eventually, but there are others who are worse than Kenley.

Leann - nice work, and she deserved to win.

Suede - not bad. I'm not sure where the silver came from on a car. I have to go look at that part of the episode again.

Korto - This coat reminds me of the yellow tablecloth coatdress she made at the beginning. It seems to be a favorite shape for her. I like it, and I can see she was disappointed she did not win.

Blayne - could have done more with the bodice and shortened the skirt. Looks like Keith's style.

Joe - just okay. I'm looking forward to better stuff from Joe in the future. He could win this thing.

Stella - too bad it looked so hodpodge. The skirt is cute, but doesn't match the top.

I was surprised to see Keith cry, but I don't think he understands good fashion design as much as he thinks he does. I think he should be doing something else with his talents.

Surfkitten summer sigshop 2008

08-29-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
8. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"
>Korto - This coat reminds me
>of the yellow tablecloth coatdress
>she made at the beginning.
> It seems to be
>a favorite shape for her.
> I like it, and
>I can see she was
>disappointed she did not win.

My husband watched this episode with me and said "why does Korto look so sad?" This was way before the judging. And it's true, she never looks jovial. She doesn't look b!tchy or anything but never quite happy. Do you think her past has something to do with it? Is she that focussed?

What do you think???

08-30-08, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"

She does tend to look pensive a great deal of the time, but maybe that's just her personality.

I just noticed that when they announced Leanne the winner, Korto seemed even more sad than usual. I know I would be, if I thought I'd hit a home run with the outfit, and it didn't pan out as a win. The judges comments to Korto were all so positive that maybe she thought she had it in the bag.

Do you know something about her past? Was she abused or something?

08-30-08, 09:28 AM (EST)
13. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"
Don't hold me to facts, but I think something was mentioned on one of the first episodes that her family "escaped" Africa when she was a child. I don't remember details.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-08, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-08 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

I'm not sure where the silver came from on a car

Weren't there some of those sunshade deals in there? Seems like he grabbed some of those and sliced them up.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"
Yes, I think so.

08-30-08, 01:15 AM (EST)
12. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"

Thank you NB. That makes sense now.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-30-08, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR 5, ep 7"
Innovation Redux - now I'm looking at my cars, a Chevy Astro, DH's dumpy why-isn't-it-moldering-in-the-desert 1985 Toyota pickup, and an Infiniti QX4 and wondering how I can outfit myself for the coming catastrophic winter (prediction from the Almanac, either Poor Richard's or Farmers). Of course, I'm in Phoenix, so how catastrophic can it be?

Jerrell- His Mad Max look was great. I really liked how he used the metal parts for accents and construction.
Keith- Ugh! The outfit was hideous and his whining just made me want to slap him. Don't get me started on the whole Entitlement Issue so many people have today. Grrrr. I also echo the others here who are encouraging Keith to move. You are an unattached man (I'm assuming, but if you're not, take your partner with you) in your 20s - get out of SLC and go where you feel a sense of belonging. Your family will understand.
Terri- Very sexy pants, great top with more macrame effect and I love her model. She just works any look.
Kenley- I actually used to have a dress very like this (black skirt though). Of course, that was 20 years ago. It's okay and we definitely get Kenley's POV.
Leanne- Oooo, that's hot. Smokin' hot. I loved the detail at the neckline and think she was smart to stuff her model's panties to maintain the hip shape. She was also smart in her styling with the result that the shape of the hair echoes the shape of the bodice.
Suede- I don't like the skirt, but I think it was cool to use floor mats on the top. Wack-a-doodle, but cool.
Korto- She made what I would have made, only she made it much, much better. This is a shape that Korto likes, and I'm wondering if her Bryant Park collection would entirely consist of dresses and coats with this same silhouette.
Blayne- I liked his idea, but the execution was pretty awful. Less skirt and tighter bodice please.
Joe- In the words of my 7 year old "She's a skater girl cheerleader."
Stella- I liked the skirt, but the top was awful. It just hung on the model and didn't compliment the skirt at all.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •