The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR5, Ep 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-08, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR5, Ep 4"
"Rings of Glory"

I failed to take very many notes this week - I chose to watch So You Think You Can Dance instead of switching over to Bravo at 8:00, because I expected PR to be on again at 10:00. Imagine my dismay when I tune to see Date My Ex instead, and realized I would have to stay up later than planned to get this done. There. That should be plenty of filler, and I will just remind everyone that if you don't want to know who was auf'd, don't continue to read this post.

Recap from last week.
Bring out the models.
Kenley will stay with her model.
Go downstairs - Tim waiting to take you on field trip.

Go to the Armory Track and Field Training Center - see someone skating.

It's Apolo Ohno!

The challenge is to design an outfit that would be suitable for the U.S. Olympic team to wear in the opening ceremony of the summer games.

30 minutes in the Track and Field museum to get ideas and sketch, then off to Mood with $150 budget. While at the fabric store, Keith took the fabric Terri had already laid on the table as her choice. Stella chooses to use a black material, as she is going for something futuristic, as the Olympians are gladiators.

Drama and gossip as always. Kenley's laugh is imitated by almost every designer, and Tim is saying "holla at cha boy" again.

On to run way, with our special guest judge

First down the runway:

The following names are called: Suede, Kelli, Leanne, Stella, Keith, Blayne and Kenley. They have all qualified to move on to the next challenge and may leave the runway.

Joe is in. Korto is the winner. Terri is in. Jerell is in. Jennifer is out, so Daniel is in.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 arkiegrl 08-07-08 1
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 Sunny_Bunny 08-07-08 2
   RE: PR5, Ep 4 dajaki 08-07-08 7
       RE: PR5, Ep 4 Sunny_Bunny 08-07-08 11
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 moonbaby 08-07-08 3
   RE: PR5, Ep 4 mindy23 08-07-08 4
 PR5, Ep 4 - GWDKFBLHG Report nailbone 08-07-08 5
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 dajaki 08-07-08 6
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 Fishercat 08-07-08 8
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 toddE 08-07-08 9
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 aquariaqueen 08-07-08 10
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 jbug 08-07-08 12
 RE: PR5, Ep 4 Silvergirl1 08-11-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
My thoughts:
Korto - really liked this, and agree with the judges' decision.
Suede - that skirt reminds me of an old-style cheerleader's skirt.
Kelli - Umm, no.
Joe - really liked this, and agree with Micheal that the length of the skort is not quite right.
Leanne - I didn't care for the poofyness of the bottom of the top, and I also don't care for the neck.
Daniel - Why would you think this would be a good look for the occasion you're designing for?
Jerell - the hat, the tie... too much.
Stella - first, I don't care for the gap/opening over the belly button. Second, WTH is up with those shoes? Are they the only pair that will fit her model? Isn't that the same pair Stella's model wore for the first challenge?
Keith - It's kind of cute to me.
Terri - I thought the strapless top seemed to have an odd fit, at least on this model.
Jennifer - Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer... WTH were you thinking? Maybe if you're designing for the Senior Olympics? And for a different country, whose colors are gold and blue?
Blayne - this doesn't work for me.
Kenley - this is cute, but it doesn't work for me as far as the assignment goes.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
I'm staying up to watch the show, but based on the challange and the pics that are up, here are my thoughts. Only three designers seem to have designed a garment remotely suitable for the opening ceremonies.

1. Korto; it's different, but definitely do-able.

2. Leanne; I don't really think a cowl neck screams Summer, and the shorts fit a bit weird, but if they were reworked, then it would be spot on.

3. Joe; I liked this as well, although the bottom hem needs to be the same length all around.

4. Terri; Close, but something didn't quite fit with the OC. It would, however, be great on a cruise with an Olympic theme.

5. Keith; this outfit would be great for the daughter of the mother wearing Terri's outfit on that themed cruise.

6. Kellie; this outfit would have been perfect for the stewardess serving the Olympic Team drinks in the late 1940s - early 1950s.

7. Suede: Hey cool, you designed the majorette costume for the homecoming parade when the team from #4 returned home.

8. Danial and Kenley designed the outfits for the cocktail party with the press, right?

9. Stella and Blayne designed the outfits for Soccer Moms attending Olympic event parties. And wowsers, dump those horrible shoes!!

10. Jennifer; WTH? Were you not listening at ALL to the challenge?! Do you not know the colors of the United States?

11. Jerrell; Ok, maybe this outfit would work if it was the Retro-Hoochie Olympics and the event was "bad fit, bad fabrics, overdone, fugly hat" OR "Create the tackiest Evita Peron costume EVER."

The judges were right, although I may have gotten rid of Jerrell simply because of really, really, bad taste.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-07-08, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
Jerrell; Ok, maybe this outfit would work if it was the Retro-Hoochie Olympics and the event was "bad fit, bad fabrics, overdone, fugly hat" OR "Create the tackiest Evita Peron costume EVER."

LOL! Cue the music! "Don't cry for me Pasadena! The truth is I didn't train much. All through the big games, my coach's persistence, I kept my party on; medals kept their distance."

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You? Gave me the best laugh I have had all day!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
First off, how cute is Apolo? Love him!

The three who got the idea:

1-Joe. Looks like he's actually seen an opening cermony. I wanted him to win this one.
2-Korto. Nice modern look.
3-Terri. I really like this but the neck frill? Very shagadelic, baby.

The rest:
4-Leanne. Not bad, but not great either. Anyone for tennis?
5-Blayne. Let's get physical, physical. Give that model a side pony!
6-Stella. Superman villain costume. Ugh, that belly button cutout.
7-Suede. Olive Oyl does the long jump?
8-Kelli. Isn't that something Lily Tomlin would wear as Ernestine?
9-Keith. Can't stand the bloomers. Ugly look but at least you got the colors right.

Daniel, Jennifer, Kenley, and especially Jerell: What the heck?

Note to Jerell: Please let your first hat be your last.

Thanks for posting these, arkie!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
Apolo Ono=cutest olympian EVER!!!! And WHY didn't they mention his DWTS win, too??? HUH?? Answer me that!!

OK, off my box now. After saying that, DARN, I was so hoping that our Olympians were going to be represented in that amazing dudad that Jerrel came up with! Lucy gone wild! And boy, did she have some 'spaining to do!

Over all, I think the judges were pretty on the mark, but Stella? Come on! If that girl doesn't get out of the 'latha' box soon, I'm going to destroy my TV right in front of my husband and both of my dogs! I just CAN'T STAND THAT WOMAN!! Where did they find her, anyway? Joan Jett?? I think not....

Korto deserved to win, considering the challenge was a bit over every one's heads. Daniel-think for yourself and you may just go a bit further in this game! What is THAT relationship about, anyway??

More than the designings, I just can't believe the PEOPLE that are on this show this season. Last season was such a NICE, CALM season. Yes, Christian could be annoying, but we gave him credit for being a child. This year?? ICK! I think they all had to take a 'worst personality test' to be on there. I almost don't feel bad for Tim anymore.

OK, that's it for me. The highlight of it all was seeing my cutie Apolo again! I'll take him anywhere, anytime! I'm just amazed at how many of those designers had NO idea who he was! SHAME SHAME, DOUBLE SHAME! Citizens Arrest, and YOU GO, JOE!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "PR5, Ep 4 - GWDKFBLHG Report"
From a strictly "hot girl" sense, the best were Joe, Leanne and Keith for showing lots of leg. And I especially like the shorts from Leanne's outfit.

I liked Daniels, too, because it was a cute dress and a gorgeous model. And so NOT purple.

I agreed with the judges on the top and bottom 3s, but I kinda liked Terri's better, except for the poofy scarf thing.

And while Jerrell should be beaten with a stick for that ridiculous outfit, I did think it was time for Jennifer to go. the stuff she designs is fine for 50-yo women, but not what they're going for.

I also think Stella's not going to last much longer if she doesn't get over that "everything MUST BE BLACK" thing.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
After an absence of a couple of weeks (traveling), I'm delighted to add my opinions:
Korto had a very good design up top (athletes should show off their guns), but I think the pants would have to be tailored to every single athlete. That's a lot of nipping, tucking, hemming, etc.
Suede made a cute dress, but the skirt had way too much volume. Agree with comment about cheerleading skirt.
Kelli created a dress with flattering shape to the skirt, but the top was too country (as in "I drive with my baby on my lap because I'm country").
Joe made a great jacket (I also loved the blue/red zipper), but I thought the skirt of the skort was more like an apron.
Leanne made an outfit that was flattering overall, but what's up with the blue bust framing?
Daniel creates one of the things that make you go "Hmmmm?" The bust is flat and athletes need to accentuate whatever well placed body fat they have. Maybe he should have borrowed Leanne's bust frames.
Jerell designed with humor in mind. It was cute, but it wasn't Olympic.
Stella clad athletes who will rip the gold medal from your hands and beat you with it. I actually loved this look. It says "Don't f*** with me. I'm from the U.S.A." Take that, China.
Keith didn't use the controversial Terri fabric, but did attach a little balloon skirt that doesn't quite have the Olympic punch. The top was great though.
Terri made my favorite design. I loved the separates, the flattering fit, and the right mix of pattern and stripes. What did the blouse look like? I wanted to see it sans jacket.
Jennifer didn't understand the purpose of design. Or she did and she just wanted to be surreal. Or she thought Holly Golightly and Salvador Dali were going to light the flame at the Olympic games. Or she just likes little sweaters and skirts. Or something.
Blayne created a suit that was more appropriate for the winter games. I liked the sleek piping and wish Emily had used it last week so that she would still be in the competition.
Kenley lacked a red element to her design. It was flattering, but it conveyed less "powerful athlete" and more "sexy stew".

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-07-08, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
Korto: I really liked the outfit and I thought it should have won. The only one who really seemed to embrace and succeed at the challenge to where the pants could be altered enough for varied body size and you hope the top could be given sleeves as well, if needed.

Suede: I thought it was extremely cute, and although it's a little too girly for the games, he was definitely on the right track. I like the guy, his third person amuses me and I like his style

Kelli: A tough week for her. That was very close to being too old and I just didn't like it. Something is offputting, sort of like a female sailor's uniform more than anything else.

Joe: Cute, sleek, got the general idea. Has some flaws and he's a bitchy little man, but he deserved the Top 3 slot with Korto and someone else.

Leanne: I like it better the more I see it. Someone actually got the concept of shorts for an environment like China in the summer, and the top is cute without being too flashy. It's athletic looking without being too sporty. The collar annoyed me, it didn't fit that well, but at the very least it got the other colors in without forcing it.

Daniel: Hideous. I didn't see the purple that everyone on the show was talking about, I'm taking it as blue and red...but it just looked bad. The dress totally doesn't fit the situation at hand, there was no white, and the shinyness of the blue is offputting. He's lucky he wasn't auf'ed as he definitely deserved it.

Jerrell: Ugh. I mean, I like what he did with the color combinations, but as someone on TWOP put it, Strawberry Shortcake goes to the Games isn't fitting for this. And the HAT? WTF?

Stella: Almost worked for me in a biker/leatha sort of way...but the open navel turns it from badass to trashy. I actually love the risk of going black with the RY&B, but it crossed a line. Plus, a little too similar to the trashbag challenge on the top.

Keith: Hideous and another bubble skirt. He only slid because the other three were worse, or so I hope. It just looked really bad and he hasn't designed anything I've liked yet.

Terri: I've heard rave reviews and I sort of get it. The pants work and the jacket works, and that alone is enough to keep her in. However, from there, it seems a lot more French than American to me. The scarf is very frou-frou looking and the tube top was ill-fitted from what I saw (covered up by the scarf, a strategic move, her boobs were smooshed) and the colors evoke more French than American pride. Without the jacket which scrams America to me for some reason, I would have had trouble telling.

Jennifer: The general rule of Olympic uniforms is to get the flag colors in there. Daniel's inappropros dress got two in there (bolero or no), Jerrell's hideous outfit got all three. I don't see any in that picture, but on the show the skirt part was gold and white. I like the gold imagery and wish more successfully used it, but one of three colors and a really misguided attempt to boot. Thirty years too old for most of the athletes and a deserving boot.

Blayne: Way too figure skater esque for me (despite the fact that it's not a figure skater outfit, maybe more floaty gymnast), but it was cute...although with THAT much white, any athletes besides probably distance runners and gymnasts would probably be unhappy. Solid middle of the pack.

Kenley: I don't get her design aesthetic. She would have been in the middle group tonight, immunity or not, but there are several flaws to me. Two colors that could mean a multitude of different countries besides the U.S. (Red and Blue, of those tones, seem to indicate U.S. to me more than the white and blue of Kenley), the super-high waist that will not be overly flattering on bigger athletes, plus I think it's ugly

1. Korto
2. Joe
3. Leanne
4. Terri
5. Suede
6. Stella
7. Blayne
8. Kenley
9. Kelli
10. Jerrel (without the hat, it's just ugly, rather than super ugly)
11. Keith
12. Jennifer
13. Daniel*

*Jennifer was still the right choice to go as Daniel has actually made a good dress, and really it's a toss-up from 10 to 13.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
Korto's win suprised me. It wasn't as big and flowy as usual, but still middle of the pack for me.

Suede's dress appealed to me, though Suede certainly does not.

Joe's extra-long skort cost him the win he deserved.

Jerrell really should be gone because that was incredibly, unbelievably fugly. Really one of the all time worst outfits on this show.

Stella's outfit appealed to me, too, but the sci-fi shoulders/sleeves ruined it a bit. She is doing the right thing sticking with her aesthetic. If she can keep doing what she is doing, maintaining her biker look while still doing what the challenge asks, she may last until 6th place or so.

Terri--well we didn't like the way the top smooshed the model's tiny boobs, and the neck thing was ugly, but this still deserved to be in the top 3 for sure.

Jennifer's surreal vision of herself finally cost her, as she made a completely irrelevant outfit. A zillion times nicer looking than Jerrell's outfit, though.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-07-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
Korto-Loved this deserved top 3 in my book.

Suede-skirt was cute, but didn't like the top.

Kelli-ummmm, sorry, not right for the theme.

Joe-Loved this, loved that it had USA on it, not sure I liked the front skirt longer than the short. Top 3.

Leanne-kinda cute, it would do.

Daniel-com'n, what were you thinking? Way too tailored....and obnoxious.

Jerell-all I could think was Little Bo Peep, so I died when they said "Mary had a little lamb".

Stella-it all can't be leatha.

Keith-cute top/terrible skirt.

Terri-all was fine if you would have gotten rid of that hideous "thing" hanging from her neck.
QUESTION: was that a strapless shirt and we can see skin? IF so, the top needed to be re-worked, I don't like the skin peeking out.

Jennifer-cute dress, FOR SOMETHING ELSE!!!! Too meek, not powerful. The sweater could have been a little linen jacket in red and the skirt in white and navy. Seriously, black and yellow? What country were you representing?

Blayne-pfft. Documention needs to be done on you and the effects for daily tanning....Good gosh.

Kenley-your skirt looked purple on my tv. Where was any red? And seriously, if you use such a strong plaid, match the plaid's lines at the seams, that back view was pathetic!!!!

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"
How did I miss this last night?
Arkie, you at the TOP for posting tbese - you go girl!

Loved all ya'lls comments. maybe I'll catch a re-run.

Anyway from the pics, I like
Korto - right what they asked for
Joe - loved it even with the odd length
Terri - all except the ruffle - what's with that?
Blayne - trys to picture this with red & blue piping instead of
the pink & aqua

Stella is weird. Jerell is weird.

Tho Jennifer had no idea what they wanted, it does at least appear that her model was wearing flats - or semi-flats (can't see what shoes Korto's model is wearing)
So, guess I need to watch opening ceremonies and see if the women athletes actually wear these kind of high heels? I can't imagine, but.....

Snidget put me on the cover!

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-08, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR5, Ep 4"

I actually liked Joe's outfit best, but his short length not matching the skirt in front probably cost him first place. I think Korto's design is okay, but nothing special.

I don't think Jennifer really understood the challenge. I would wear that outfit, but I'm 56. Also Henley's design did not look like something worn for the Olympics.

Really ugly - Jerrell, Keith, Daniel, and Kelli.

I think Suede's look would have been better with a little jacket or something. Leanne, Terri, and Blayne were just okay.

Stella seems to be designing for a biker chick every single time.

Surfkitten summer sigshop 2008

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •