The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR5, ep 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-08, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR5, ep 3"
"Bright Lights, Big City"

There is spoiler information in here, so if you don't want to know who got auf'd, don't read any further.

We open with a recap to remind us that shiny, tight and short is the quickest way to look cheap.

Heidi comes out to introduce the next challenge, but first, it's time for the winner of the last challenge to decide whether to keep their model or switch. Suede, last week's winner says "Suede loves Polina, he could never change, so Suede's going to keep Polina."
Well, since they've all worked so hard, Tim is going to meet them at the apartments and take them out for a night out on the town. (Gee, don't these people ever watch these shows before going on them? Why did they honestly believe they were going out for fun?)

'Tim-licious' (seriously, if it's not Suede talking in 3rd person, it's Blayne adding -licious to everything) comes to the door, and lets them know it's raining, so this is going to be fun. Apparently, none of the designers packed a raincoat because when they came out, they all were all wearing those cheap vinyl ponchos - half in red, the other half in tan. I'm assuming that they didn't bring those rubber boots with them, either. Taa-daa! Here's our destination - a double-decker city tour bus. The challenge is to create an outfit for a night out on the town inspired by New York at night.

The bus will be making 4 stops, and a group will have to get off at each stop. They are provided with cameras, and have one hour to take pics for their inspiration.
First stop is Columbus Circle, and Suede, Daniel, Leanne and Jennifer get off.
Next, Stella, Kenley, Blayne and Keith get off at Times Square.
Korto, Joe and Kelli get off at the NY public library, and the remaining three (Terri, Jerrel and Emily) get off at Greenwich Village. Stella doesn't know how to operate the camera. After the hour is up, the designers make their way back home, where we find that Jerrel wears a facial mask to bed at night and Blayne wears short red shorts.

The next morning, once they are in the workroom, they have 30 minutes to choose one photo, and then they will go to Mood to buy their fabrics - $100 budget. The winner of this challenge will have immunity.

We have more 3rd person speak by Suede. Blayne demonstrates that he is somewhat strange as he stares intently with bug eyes at Kenley and tells her he is going to eat her. When Tim comes in to check on their progress, Blayne gives Tim a new catch-phrase (that Blayne and the others have to explain to Tim) -- "holla at cha boy". Watching that took me back to being a teenager, when your parents try to be cool when talking to your friends, and it's just awkward for everyone involved.

The morning of the show, Keith is informed that his model had to drop out of the competition, and they will be bringing back the losing model from last week.

To remind you of who's who:
Keith Terri Jerell Jennifer Daniel Joe Suede
Kenley Kelli Leanne Stella Blayne Emily Korto

Now, on to the runway, with guest judge Sandra Bernhard.

Heidi calls the following names: Keith, Kenley, Emily, Terri, Jennifer, and Leanne. The names not called have qualified for the next round and can leave the runway.
Judges comments:
Keith - Nina: doesn't look polished. Michael: toilet paper caught in windstorm.
Emily - Nina: Carmen Miranda moment. Michael: placement of ruffles insane.
Leanne - Heidi: immeccable.
Jennifer - Heidi: matronly. Nina: it's ok, on boring side.
Kenley - Sandra: have to be that tall and that thin to wear that dress. Michael: 80's power ##### dress, but updated.
Terri - Sandra: fierce, sexy and in control. Michael: she's a girl you want to know.

Terri is in.
Now for the winner - Congratulations, Kenley. (Seriously? I thought Leanne should have won this one.)
Leanne - in.
Keith - in.
Emily - look was distracting and a cliche. Jennifer - you say you're a surrealist, but dress presented was boring.
Jennifer - in.
Emily - auf'd.

Emily's comments: Hell NO this was not the losing dress for that challenge.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR5, ep 3 Fishercat 07-31-08 1
   RE: PR5, ep 3 arkiegrl 07-31-08 2
       RE: PR5, ep 3 mindy23 07-31-08 3
           Big Ick to Suede moonbaby 07-31-08 5
 RE: PR5, ep 3 Snidget 07-31-08 4
   RE: PR5, ep 3 Snidget 08-04-08 16
 RE: PR5, ep 3 jbug 07-31-08 6
 RE: PR5, ep 3 FishWoman 07-31-08 7
 RE: PR5, ep 3 frodis 07-31-08 8
 RE: PR5, ep 3 nailbone 07-31-08 9
   RE: PR5, ep 3 jbug 07-31-08 13
 RE: PR5, ep 3 pinksparkleguitar 07-31-08 10
 Official GWDKFBLHG update nailbone 07-31-08 11
 RE: PR5, ep 3 aquariaqueen 07-31-08 12
   RE: PR5, ep 3 nailbone 07-31-08 14
 RE: PR5, ep 3 bubbastan 08-04-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-31-08, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-08 AT 02:24 AM (EST)

I'll post my dress-by-dress thoughts later, but I need to say this now.

Remember when Santino was making fun of Michael Kors and mimicked him by saying "It looks like a baboon's ##### exploded on her backside"? That was Kenley's entire dress to me, complete with the baboon #####!

A horrible decision by the judges that robbed Leanne of a victory she deserved. God, Kenley grates.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
I agree. I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a dress that makes one side of your butt look twice as big as the other.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-31-08, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
Of the ones chosen to stay in the top, Kenley, IMHO, should NOT have been the winner. I was shocked, too, after Sarah B's comment about having one side of your butt bigger than the other. What was THAT about?? Are they trying to keep Leanne so humble she's always on the edge??

Personally, I felt that Joe's dress showed more style and more of the personna of the picture that he chose than anyone's, but what do I know? I feel they just see so many at this point, they get jumbled up on who is who and pass on some really good designers. Jerrall is another one who seems to be pretty creative at this point, but is getting no nods in either direction. Oh well-a few more eliminations and they may start standing out more.

Is it just me, or does this season have some of the WEIRDEST people ever??? I mean Christian was young, and cute, and I could deal with his mannerisms, but some of these other people...just ick!

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Big Ick to Suede"
We've all seen that Seinfeld episode, and one episode of it was enough. I want to see him auf'd for the simple fact I am tired of hearing him say his own name.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
First Impressions from the photos, sometimes they look different on the runway

Keith. I pull one of those things off to take a number, right?
Blayne. His Model got attacked by a ruffle spewing monster.
Joe. Good nothing special
Emily, Blayne's ruffle spewing monster attacked her model too, but they really don't go with the tight dress as well as they did with the flowy one Blayne did.
Leanne. Good, but I could buy that in any department store. Doesn't look very innovative.
Jennifer. Why do I want a dress to make my rib cage and hips look big while I hide a bloated belly?
Jerell. I like this, but feel like I've seen it 100 times before.
Kelli. I like it, but it looks like she was possessed by Stella.
Daniel. I usually like asymmetrical, but the skirt and the side bow make her look fat.
Kenley. Is making someone look deformed on one side of the body a new style. If so, I can't wait for this trend to end.
Suede. Is he trying to get a job making clothes for a discount department store?
Stella. The closures are pretty cool, but otherwise a bit boring.
Korto. The only thing interesting is the neck line.
Terri. Really don't like the neckline with the extra long sleeves, overall it is just too 1970's for me.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
After seeing the episode I will say the picture doesn't do Leanne's dress justice.

I'd love to wear something like that.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
My top:
Joe - he got overlooked this time. The dress represented his photo; and it was young and fun and sexy. Not sure the tull over the butt was needed tho.

Terri - except for the sleeves; those should have ended in points over her hands.

Leanna - classy looking. I'd wear that (well, I would have years ago).

Suede - cool and crisp looking. Not so much for night out wear tho.

Bottom:
Jennifer - yuk! Yuk! should have been Out

Daniel - how did he sneak that by the judges?

Kelli - if it had not had the ruffle or whatever that is in the middle. The top was interesting, the skirt simple; but the middle didn't go with the rest of it. Also Kelli's model didn't help the outfit any (just look up there - that's pitiful).

A comment on Emily: Timi tried to tell her and she wouldn't listen. She was too stubborn to listen to advice.

Stella? gets on my nerves. She does nothing but complain; and must be used to having someone at her beck & call 24/7. I'm surprised she can zip her own britches without help.

Kenly? I wouldn't be caught dead it that! And I am tall (& used to be that skinny).

Snidget put me on the cover!

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-31-08, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
Keith - I liked this dress. I thougt it was very "spring" Garden Party looking. Not so much New York at night, but not bottom three. Why did your model have to drop out?

Blayne - Hated your ruffles, but they flowed better as part of the dress than Emily sticking them on top of the dress. And what was with the bug-eyed "I'm going to eat you"? Freak.

Joe - Cute dress. The back of the skirt seemed like there was a weird tulle overlay gone wrong? You could have cleaned that up.

Emily - Up next - the Miami Sound Machine! I know you were probably a baby in the 80s, but your dress looked dated and ugly.

Leanne - Absolutely adorable. I think the only reason Kenley won is because of her use of color.

Jennifer - I sort of wish you were auf'ed so I can quit mixing up you and Leanne. That dress was not night on the town, it wasn't surrealistic, it was just baggy and ill-fitting.

Jerrell - Awesome! I would wear that to a formal event - but not an "evening on the town."

Kelli - Also very cool - more rocker to me then Stella's outfit. I would never personally wear that dress, but if I saw someone wearing it, I'd be jealous they had on such a cool outfit!

Daniel - You or Korto should have replaced Keith in the bottom three. I have nothing good to say about your shiny toga.

Kenley - Super cute! Yeah, it sort of bulges out the one hip, but you can tell it is the dress, not the person.

Suede - Fishwoman hates Suede and his affectations. Plus, your dress is boring. At least it fits your model.

Stella - We get it. You are a rocker. Now make something both "rock" and "original." The pants are fairly cool, but the vest just looks cheap. And I've seen that outfit 100 times before.

Korto - A jumpsuit? Really? I didn't really mind last week's fins, but the jumpsuit is even less flattering.

Terri - I'm not as in love as the judges, but you had a cool idea and execution.

Hair by Tribephyl

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-31-08, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
My first question is, what was Stella wearing? I know, I know, we're not supposed to critique what the designers themselves wear, even though we've seen some doozys (Angela, anyone?) but, Stella, honey, the leather thong over the horizontal wide-striped leggings was so, so wrong. Scary wrong. It made me shudder. Horizontal wide-striped leggings should ONLY be worn by the Olsen twins, and even that needs to be taken under advisement. Yeesh.

I agree with Fishwoman that I wanted Jennifer to be auf'ed just so I can stop mixing her up with Leanne. Conversation between me and Mr. Fro:
Me: The mousey one is in trouble
Him: Which one?
Me: Well, not the one that made the cute dress. The other one.
Him: Yeah, she's in trouble.

Leanne: I would wear that dress. Maybe the fact that it is so wearable is why she didn't win, but had I been judging, she'd have gotten my vote.

Terri: You would have gotten my 2nd vote - I wouldn't wear that but I think it's pretty cute.

Kenley - I didn't like it. Didn't like it at all. Normally I can spin the judges decision into something I understand, but when they announced Kenley as the winner I just looked at Mr. Fro and made a frowny face.

Joe is our under-the-radar straight guy who consistently does well, but who will probably make one tragic mistake somewhere down the line and get unceremoniously auf'ed. His dress this week? Sure, I liked it.

Keith: We got so much face time and life story with him that I thought he was a goner. That said, his dress wasn't really that bad.

Emily: Hell yes. That thing was awful. It looked like a toucan blew up on her. Or threw up on her. One or the other.

Everyone else: Meh, meh, meh, meh, eew, okay, eew, meh.

Surfkitten summer sig shop 2008

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
I'll be back with my GWDKFBLHG update later, but I have to agree with Arkie that Leanne should have won over Kenley.

And Jennifer should have lost.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
Jennifer? Did you say Jennifer should have lost?

Oh, that Jennifer......whew..... I thought someone was going to have to take come check on you......

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-08, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
I am done with both Suede and Blayne. Get off my screen!

Leanne should have won. And whoever it was in the show that called Henley's fabric 'Key Largo Hotel Chairs' was spot on.

My two cents for right now.

Tribe rocked me!

07-31-08, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Official GWDKFBLHG update"

Leanne - yummy!
Emily. Hot, but better without the foof.
Joe - not too shabby
Suede - reminds me of a hot girl from high school

That's it for the good.

Now for the bad:

Jennifer - maternity wear
Kelli - WTF?!?!?
Korto - ZZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-31-08, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
Ack, I am just too lazy to comment on them all.

Keith-seriously, I could staple scraps on a basic dress.

Blayne-looked like she was ready for the Gay Pride Ball.

Joe-fantastic interpretation of your photo.

Emily-eh

Leanne-very classy, and I don't say this much, but I would wear that!!!!

Jennifer-you should be glad I didn't have the last word---you would have been auf'd!

Jerrel, Kelly, Daniel---whatever.

Kenley-like her stuff usually, this wasn't any better than Korto's fins from last week!

Suede-glad you had immunity---workmanship wasn't so good in this picture.

Stella-whatever....thought you were so great in leather, expected more after all your comments. Not ugly, just unimpressive.

Korto-cute and safe

Terri-I didn't get it, but not ugly.

Sick of Blayne, Suede and Charlie (wait, he's on Shear Genius) lol.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

07-31-08, 04:36 PM (EST)
14. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
Sick of Blayne, Suede and Charlie (wait, he's on Shear Genius) lol.

LOL!!! Bingo!

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-08, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR5, ep 3"
Overall, I thought that this week's efforts showed a big improvement over what we saw from the designers last week. I guess that there is hope for this season after all.

My top three would have been Leanne, Joe, and Terri, with the win going to Leanne. I thought all three of these looks hit the stated goals of the challenge, while still being both innovative and wearable for a night out on the town.

I would have placed Kenley, Kelli, and Keith in tier 2. They were all interesting and inspired IMHO. There's no way that Keith belonged in the bottom three.

My tier three would have been Daniel and Jerrell. Nice, but not terribly new or creative.

At tier four, barely safe, I would have placed Stella, Korto, and Suede. I liked the neckline of Korto's jumpsuit, but nothing else. Stella didn't create anything that you couldn't see backstage on any groupie of any head-banger band. Suede's was way too Rinestone Cowgirl looking for me.

At the bottom tier I would have placed Blayne, Emily, and Jennifer. Blayne and Emily were both equally Carmen Miranda-esque, and Blayne should have been in the bottom three. Jennifer's was just not fresh or young looking. Jennifer should have been auf'ed.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •