The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Please Don't Post Spoilers in the Subject Lines!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

SourBelly 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-05-08, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SourBelly Click to send private message to SourBelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Please Don't Post Spoilers in the Subject Lines!!!"
Us neighbours up north here in Canada are a few weeks behind the US feed, and I don't know about everyone else, but I want to be a bit surprised for the final episodes. I happened across the board today to read through the older messages, but got a nice shock that a spoiler was posted in the subject line. Just as bad as watching Ellen over the weekend, and had the same thing happen, but this just solidified it. Thanks!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Please Don't Post Spoilers in t... mindy23 03-06-08 1
 RE: Please Don't Post Spoilers in t... Bebo 03-06-08 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-06-08, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Please Don't Post Spoilers in the Subject Lines!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-08 AT 09:24 AM (EST)

SO SORRY!!! I live on the west coast, and get all the info last, too, so I understand your frustration. Although MINE is only a few HOURS away! I promise that will NOT happen again!! I wasn't even thinking!!!
BUT, I do have to say, a few hours is much different than a FEW WEEKS! There is no way you can expect us to wait WEEKS to post something for your benefit!

For that matter, after a few DAYS, the finale, or the show's progress is already history, and can be seen on the website, or even on the blog that appears to the left of this website.

So, yes, I will try to be more careful about posting spoilers in the subject line, but I think you need to be more considerate about what is a reasonable amount of time for us to consider what has gone on. Sorry....

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-08, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Please Don't Post Spoilers in the Subject Lines!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-08 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

From our guidelines:

For those shows without a dedicated spoilers forum, we ask that you clearly indicate in the subject line of your post that the topic contains spoiler information and ensure that no spoiler content is revealed within the first 200 characters of your message body (since this text may also appear on the forum's topic listing page.)

There's already been plenty of debate on these forums whether or not broadcast should be defined as just the East Coast of the US, or whether or not information is considered a spoiler if the show has aired on one coast but not another.

The thing about subject lines? Some people forget that the subject line is supposed to be an introduction to the message, and put everything in the subject line instead of writing a message worth posting. Keeping the subject line general encourages discussion and makes it less likely that there are going to be any issues with giving away spoiler information.

And while it would be nice for everyone around the world to be surprised by the outcome of a show, you have to realize that going online when the show has already aired in one part of the world puts you at risk of getting the results early, especially when you go to a site that is discussing the show in depth.

ETA: Since this was already brought up in the following thread, I'm locking this as a duplicate.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID94/144.shtml

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •