The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"

And what about the choice of using human hair?? Did you all have that same 'gag factor' that the judges and Tim had? Personally, it didn't really bother me-they didn't even know what it was until Chris told them, after all! BUT, once they DID know, it was like he'd taken it off a dead person, or something!

I'm not sure I'd want to wear that, just not my style, and if it were to shed, you'd have hair in your food. But I'd perfer THAT over rabbit or mink-less allergenic, right?

In any case, I thought both collections were stunning, in their own way, but in the end Rami really did grow, and show very unique styles, and fashionable clothing that most women would want to be seen in.

And, while we're on the subject, what about that friend's house that Chris took Tim to? Something else, huh?? I really loved Chris and will miss him-I hope he does well. He was such a joy on this season-so happy, encouraging, sweet, and just so different than the stuffy, puffed-up designers we've seen in the past! I'm so glad that we were exposed to this man-he is one in a million in so many ways!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... aquariaqueen 02-28-08 1
 RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... bubbastan 02-28-08 2
   Christian as the winner? teacherkelly 03-01-08 7
 RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... melly 02-28-08 3
   RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... mindy23 02-28-08 4
 RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... NewFan 02-28-08 5
 RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... realitytvfan07 03-01-08 6
 RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... pinksparkleguitar 03-01-08 8
 RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was ... Tenorsaxy 03-02-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
Let's see.....

Hair on the jackets...well, mine end up that way anyway! LOL. And it's nothing for people to have hair extensions. Human hair is expensive though! It was interesting, but doubt I would have bought it.

Rami's collection at least showed some taste and other talents besides draping.

I don't believe they could have allowed Chris to make it to Bryant Park, simply because he had already been auf'd, and nobody else had a chance to comeback for any reason.

Chris' friend's place was something else!!! Anyone know a more dramatic word than eclectic? It's amazing that the walls and ceilings are crashing down under the weight.

I will always enjoy Chris, he was my favorite...and had thought he would win fan favorite at well.

The panel will soon realize that the other collections are dark as well.

Christian...does he do anything else besides jackets? Maybe because it was winter? I just remember so many lighter styles and collections in years past...possibly spring or summer then.
Those feather pants, I can't wait for Kohr's reaction to them!!

Jillian has some wonderful pieces. I couldn't get over her father's appearance. And I am married to a farmer!!!! Nice dinner with a TV guest known for his taste in clothes, and he's wearing his best cap and casual shirt. I don't know a word that was said. But I do remember a fairly nice looking boyfriend!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-08, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-08 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

I wouldn't say that I was surprised, but I was a little bummed. Based on what everyone had to say at the reunion show when asked which finalist they thought would win, it seemed fairly obvious that Chris wasn't in the running, as not one person selected him (in the past, usually all of the finalist had at least one person in his/her corner).

I loved the designs that Chris put out, I only wish that he didn't fess up to the fact that he used human hair as his accent. Once you got past the visceral "ick" factor, you had to admit that the pieces looked awesome. The judges just couldn't get past that "ick", imho. Costumey? Sure, but many folks working on couture lines employ over the top techniques that are every bit as costumey.

I liked Rami's offerings, but I just didn't think that they were as creative as what Chris showed. Rami's stuff is undeniably well made and the details were meticulous, it just doesn't capture my imagination in the same way that Chris did.

I actually teared up when Chris was auf'd, something that I didn't think that a reality tv burn-out case like me still had the capacity to do. I will really miss seeing him in the final episode.

That being said, Rami seemed a lot more humble and warm in last night's show, and he made me like him a great deal more than I had during the previous episodes.

It will be interesting to the completed lines on the runway, and to hear the judge's comments. I would be very surprised if someone other than Christian wins this thing though.

edited to fix some typos.

teacherkelly 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-01-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherkelly Click to send private message to teacherkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Christian as the winner?"
I definitely think Christian is getting the edits that the winners usually get, but I think Jillian stands a chance. She just seems so low key that she may not be giving the editors enough to work with. They may have to spend lots of time on Christian because of his over the top personality.

I think they are all talented and any would be a good choice.

But, in four years of watching the show, I have never called the winner. So we'll see, I am pulling for Rami, but I think Jillian will win.

melly 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-28-08, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melly Click to send private message to melly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
I was also surprised at how, well, nice they edited Rami to appear last night. He usually strikes me as very stuffy.

I love Jillian's designs, but what the heck was she wearing last night!?!?!? First the snowflake sweater when Tim was meeting her family, then the head-thing when she was helping Rami? Neither was particularly flattering, IMO.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
Yes, I was surprised at the Long Island visit with Jillian's family, too. But dads are dads. Mine would have worn his overall's and hat, also. He was a hard-core coal miner all his life, and you just can't take the country out of country boys, either! LOL.
But you WOULD think, for the sake of your almost famous daughter, you'd dress it up a bit. Especially in your own home. But that's ok. Tim didn't seem to mind, and the family was really warm and sweet.

Don't know of any word more dramatic than eclectic, which was the exact word that came to MY mind in that apartment, too! But seeing that Chris' family have pretty much disowned him, I'm happy that he has friends who love him, take care of him, and have his back. Whatever and however weird they are. He so deserves good people and good energy around him! I just love that man, and hope to see more of him in the coming years!

Rami made me proud-attitude and willingness to absorb all the comments, etc. His collection is amazing!

Bryant Park will be especially great this time. And one thing that has been consistant about this year is NO CAT FIGHTS, and how well they've all gotten along!! BRAVO for BRAVO TV!!

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
I wasn't surprised, but I will really miss Chris. He's been my favorite since Episode 1 when he didn't even try to run to the tent of fabrics!

I was pretty grossed out by the human hair. Not exactly sure why that is? The pieces were beautiful and the "mane" on that jacket bounced and had such shine. If he had only used horse hair or maybe a LOT less of it, I think he might have had a chance. But it was really more art than fashion with the safety pins and human hair.

And again, I love Jillian but she is SO plastic! Give a hug or a real laugh or something for gosh sakes.

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-01-08, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
I was disappointed with their choice but not surprised.

I liked Chris's collection. It was fresh, innovative, and unique. The human hair didn't bother me. I thought it was very unique and one of the most creative things I have seen on this show. You couldn't tell it was hair. Nobody would have known what it was if he hadn't have told them.

Rami's designs were ordinary. I haven't been a fan of Rami all season though. He is definitely talented but he doesn't stand out to me.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-08, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
The hair didn't make me gag, but I wasn't sure it looked quite right. I thought they were definiely going for Rami from the beginning. His clothes were nice, and so well constructed.

I loved seeing where everybody worked, where they were making their collections. Especially Christian's little place that was so well organized but so tiny!

Shar saves the day!

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-02-08, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anyone surprised that Rami was chosen over Chris??"
I was rooting for Chris. He is crazy and over the top. He has an incredible imagination which must stem from his work in costume design. To me, he embodies the spirit of fashion design. Oh, and the hair? Didn't bother me a bit.

As for Rami, yes his designs are pretty, but they're pretty boring. Until this episode, he never displayed inspiration or innovation. I would not wear his drapey designs. They are comprised of entirely too much fabric and so much going on that they would only look good on a wire hanger/model...not a curvy figure like myself.

Attired by Agman.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •