The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-08, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
Yes, there will be spoiler information.
Filler information - filler - filler - filler - filler - filler

filler - filler - filler - filler ******************

And then, there were five.

So, there's the recap from last week, which if you missed, you should have turned on your TV an hour earlier tonight.

Heidi brings out the winning and losing designer's models from last week, and Chris decides to stay with Marcia.

Their next challenge will decide which 3 go to fashion week, and 2 will be auf'd. They will be going on a final field trip, and Tim is waiting for them at 5th Avenue and 82nd Street - at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Art has always been a critical and essential inspiration for fashion, and the challenge will be to choose one work of art as the inspiration for their design. Because the Met houses over 5000 years of art, they have narrowed the available choices for the designers to 3 galleries - The Greek and Roman Sculpture Courtyard, The European Paintings Wing, and the Temple of Dendur.

Surprise, surprise! Rami choses something from the Greek & Roman sculptures, with draping. This may not be the exact sculpture of Aphrodite, but if it's not, it's the closest I could find by googling:

Christian chose this painting by Bartolome Esteban Murillo as his inspiration:

This Dutch painting served as Sweet P's inspiration:

Jillian chose a scene from the "Masters of the Argonauts". I think I got the right section of the panel.

Chris was inspired by this oil by Nattier:

They have 2 days and a budget of $300.

After their two days, which included Christian telling Jillian not to get bitchy (pot, meet kettle), it's the morning of the final runway. While the designers are getting dressed Chris comments that no one really hated anyone. Christian quickly disagreed. After they get to the workroom, Jillian is still working to finish her garment. I couldn't believe she actually steamed the dress while the model was wearing it.

The special guest judge this week is legendary designer, Roberto Cavalli.

And now for the clothes, in the order they showed on the runway, along with some of the judges comments.

Chris:

RC: "most artistic" of the group, could see him showing in Paris, maybe haute couture.
MK: little reminiscent of what he's already shown them.

Christian:

RC: loves it very much, because he can see the love put into it
MK: super, super chic

Rami:

RC: too normal
NG: want to see you do more
MK: expect more from you

Sweet P:

MK: nice, wearable, but this is "the show"
RC: should do something more special

Jillian:

NG: loved the interpretation
RC: details are fantastic, would love to have her on his staff

First, they announce the winner....
Christian!
Jillian, you're in.
Sweet P, you're out.

Chris, we know you can bring drama. Rami, work is consistent, consistently safe. Chris, you're in. Rami... you're also in.
The judges were deadlocked, so both designers get the opportunity to create a collection, but only one will get to show. When they come back for Fashion Week, they will pick their 3 strongest looks to show on the runway, and the judges will then decide who gets to compete.

And next week, it's the reunion show!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... anotherkim 02-14-08 1
   RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... ginger 02-15-08 17
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... tribephyl 02-14-08 2
   RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... mindy23 02-14-08 3
       RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... aquariaqueen 02-14-08 6
   RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... aquariaqueen 02-14-08 5
       RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... tribephyl 02-15-08 15
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... rasslinmomma 02-14-08 4
   RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... linrosin 02-14-08 7
       Spoiler alert....for final show. aquariaqueen 02-14-08 9
           RE: Spoiler alert....for final show... Fishercat 02-16-08 20
               RE: Spoiler alert....for final show... Snidget 02-16-08 21
   RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... Fishercat 02-15-08 19
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... pinksparkleguitar 02-14-08 8
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... Tahj 02-14-08 10
   RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... geg6 02-14-08 11
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... frodis 02-14-08 12
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... WVtoIN 02-14-08 13
   RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... aquariaqueen 02-14-08 14
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... Sunny_Bunny 02-15-08 16
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... StarryLuna 02-15-08 18
 RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fa... mattben 02-16-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"

Jillian's skirts are TOO short. Sheesh--nice look, too wee in length.

Christian may be one note, but his outfit was stunning (albeit unwearable in a haute couture way).

Loved Chris's gown, but agreed it was a little similar to his previous silhouettep; however, everyone up there has been rehashing looks: Jillian is Coat Girl, Rami is Drape Boy, Christian is Poufy Sleeve Dude, and Sweet Pea is House Frock Chick, so I didn't see it as quite the sin that Nina made it out to be. I loved the fact that Roberto Cavalli aka Spice Girls designer was so impressed by it. It was a gorgeous piece, IMO.

Rami----yawn. As soon as they said "Grecian" I could picture his dress in my head--the only question was 'what color'. I did love the color he chose and was at least moderately impressed with the slightly new bodice treatment. Beautiful dress, yes, but just not a showstopper or wow piece.

Sweet Pea--egads, that was an ugly dress, I though. When the judges said it was wearable, all I could think was "By whom and where?" Not quite day dress, not really evening; not really retail, not couture. Just a mess, IMO. Peacock almost DEMANDS a sweeping train of some sort, doesn't it?

I like the fact that Chris and Rami have to duke it out in a mini-playoff. Since they all had to do collections anyway, they might as well make it mean something for as many of them as possible. Now I'm going to have to go back and watch their shows and see which three pieces they would have chosen and which might have ended up final three.

I think this is Christian's to lose at this point, ftr.

Kimmah Says
--boo hiss on reunion show! I want to see the finale!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-08, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
Kim is completely, absolutely, 100% keerect.

(In other words, I agree with What Kimmy Said.)

I'd be happy to see a simple Christian versus Jillian finale. The "final three now four now five" is getting cumbersome.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
I agree with everything Kimmah says above.*

I might have been a tad more unimpressed with Rami's GreekRehash but that could have just been because I really think he copped out this week. An entire 3 rooms in a world class museum full of sources for inspiration and he moves three feet to the right and picks a draped dress on a statue. (I do have to mention that the picture of his dress above actually looks better to me than it did on the runway.)
Which is why I also see that SweetP's aufing was totally justifiable because if anyone completely missed the message of the challenge it was her. The only thing even remotely peacockish in her wearable(? Really? Women like that big red extra fabric extension flapping between their legs when they walk, acccentuating their inner thighs? Oh.) dress was the tiny blue pinfeathers that the stylist stuck in the model's hair. SweetP auf'd herself by not including any of the irridescence, flow and drama of the peacocks tail in her design. Which considering it's placement in the picture would suggest it was the focal point.

And yeah! Pooey on the reunionshow.

*Sorry, Kimmah, I do have to disagree on one thing. I'm hoping it's Jillian that wins. But I'd put Christian in second if that helps smooth things over at all.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-14-08, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"

Oh, Rami the 'one noter'!! So precidable. How dare he justify that?? At least Chris just laughs and let's you figure it out yourself! I cannot stand Rami, anymore! With his arrogance, which does nothing but ruses as a cover for his incompetance, IMHO! He can go away and never come back, as far as I am concerned!! ICK already!!

Christian has always been my favorite! I would never in a ba-zillion years want to work withing a hundred miles of that little twit, but he has style, class, and works miles around the other designers! Without so much as blinking an eyelash! AND, when it's all said and done, it's amazing stuff! Not just one, but sometimes THREE OR FOUR peices! He has to go down as one of the best in PR history, IMHO, once again.

Jillian-mostly great. Sometimes just annoyingly annoying. Hurry up and be late again. Cut off that hem any shorter and we'll just do a tunic, ok?? Yes, she deserves to be in the show, and come in SECOND, just as she has on most of the PR shows. She'll do fine out there, with her own line, even, not 'working out someone else's dream'. A really nice person, too. They all were this time!!

Sweet P-sorry, but from day ONE, I think she was over her head. But she did catch on to a few of the challenges, and stepped it up. Was it luck, talent, or luck or whatever? I just can't see her ever doing this for a living. I love, love her personality-she truly is SWEET, but a designer?? Nah.

Chris-a big, mooshy teddy bear, that is a step away from the big one if he doesn't start taking care of himself! Seriously! I see visions of John Candy and a few others and it scares the daylights out of me. But the man has talent up the wazoo, and exudes such personna, and wit, and just creativity. Love him!! Want to hug him! Want him to hug me back and tell me I'll be ok!
Want him to style me a nice dress WITHOUT a huge collar!
I think he's going to beat the he** out of ONE NOTE Rami in the play offs! At least that's what I'M hoping for!! GO CHRIS!!!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-14-08, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
Yes, she deserves to
>be in the show, and
>come in SECOND, just as
>she has on most of
>the PR shows. She'll
>do fine out there, with
>her own line, even, not
>'working out someone else's dream'.
> A really nice person,
>too. They all were this
>time!!

I totally agree with your assessment!!!!!

>Chris-a big, mooshy teddy bear, that
>is a step away from
>the big one if he
>doesn't start taking care of
>himself! Seriously! I see
>visions of John Candy and
>a few others and it
>scares the daylights out of
>me. But the man has
>talent up the wazoo, and
>exudes such personna, and wit,
>and just creativity. Love him!!
>Want to hug him! Want
>him to hug me back
>and tell me I'll be
>ok!

Please, Chris, get help. You are so unhealthy, and so wonderful a person. I nominate you to be a contestant on Celebrity Biggest Loser. Gastric Bypass or something. I am so scared for you!!!! God gave you talent, humor and love, be around to spread more of it in this world.

02-14-08, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"

>Which is why I also see
>that SweetP's aufing was totally
>justifiable because if anyone completely
>missed the message of the
>challenge it was her. The
>only thing even remotely peacockish
>in her wearable(? Really? Women
>like that big red extra
>fabric extension flapping between their
>legs when they walk, acccentuating
>their inner thighs? Oh.) dress
>was the tiny blue pinfeathers
>that the stylist stuck in
>the model's hair. SweetP auf'd
>herself by not including any
>of the irridescence, flow and
>drama of the peacocks tail
>in her design. Which considering
>it's placement in the picture
>would suggest it was the
>focal point.

Did you hear Chris say he was interested in doing the peacock....boy, I would have loved to have seen that.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-08, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
I did and actually the dress he made this week is even more peacocky than Swee's turned out to be.

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-14-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
The PR folks absolutely DARED Rami to make another draped dress. "We're taking you to the Met, we're only showing you 3 rooms to choose your inspiration from. One room is dedicated to the art of draping. Rami, if you drape, we're going to crucify you."

What else was he supposed to do? Tim told them to choose a piece that would also show who they are as a designer.

Rami: Ifyou drape - you're repetitive. If you don't drape - you're not showing who you are as a designer. Either way, you're in trouble.

linrosin 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-14-08, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail linrosin Click to send private message to linrosin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
If you go to Bravotv.com, then Project Runway, then go to collections, you can see the collections of all 5 including Sweet P. which might surprise you.

Linda

02-14-08, 02:12 PM (EST)
9. "Spoiler alert....for final show."
I did see their collections...now I wish I hadn't. I think I spoiled it for myself. I love when Tim goes to their homes and checks on them, and you see some of the things they're working on. Then I love to be surprised....oh well, I'll live with my actions.

And why do you think Sweet P got to do a runway show? Because of the Rami/Chris mini challenge? Especially since Chris had already been auf'd? Let's see what their explanation is.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-16-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Spoiler alert....for final show."
Sweet P and whoever loses the Rami-Chris mini challenge both get runway shows as decoys, since Bryant Park occurred between the F6 and F5 challenge, and they don't want spoilers.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-08, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Spoiler alert....for final show."
Yep, every year Fashion Week occurs before they have the finalists so whoever hasn't been auf'ed when Fashion Week will happen gets to do the show.

Otherwise we'd know who the last person or two auf'ed was before those episodes aired.

I assume they want a bit of editing time for the Final Fashion shows so set the schedule so they have a week or two to get it ready.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-08, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
I'm usually the last to defend repetitive designers, but I agree. Rami was completely set up here. And to be honest, if you ignore that it was (another) draped dress, it was rather stunning IMO and she looked very authentic yet she stood out. I loved Rami's dress. None of the other four hit a note with me, although I thought bashing Chris for being repetitive on the collar (even though it was different) was a little out of line. Especially when they don't call Christian on the poofy-ness or, more specifically, Jillian on the coat and high collar.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-14-08, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
I actually thought that all of them did something we have seen them do before. Chris did a fantastic dress with a side collar that was fantastically haute couture, Christian gave us a jacket with puffed sleeves and tailored skinny pants, Jillian gave us a fiercely tailored jacket over a mediocre dress, and Rami draped. Sweet Pea, well, she did a little dress that wasn't interesting but that wasn't horrible. I think Rami just got picked on because they knew he was the one who would stand up to the judges the most, and create good TV.

I hope Chris gets in the final three. I can't imagine his show being anything but very entertaining!

'At some point people will realize that fair trade isn't
one option among many, it's a responsibility to other
humans.' --EFTA

I love my Ice bouncy!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
I loved the fact that they had Roberto Cavalli as guest judge. He saved Chris and I loved Chris's dress. Dark horse, people, I'm telling ya!

Sometimes I get Jillian confused with her mannequin. She's like a wind-up doll that's wound down. That's prolly why she's always running late. Show some animation for chrissakes!

Someone form Drapers Anonymous for Rami. Please.

When I saw Christian's model walking down the runway I busted a gut. Now I laugh every time I see it. I mean, LOOK at it. It's absurd.

Sweetpea, hon, you're so pathetic. Sorry, but it's true. I never really got why you were still there in the first place.

It's a Tribe!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
>I loved the fact that they had Roberto Cavalli as guest judge. He saved Chris and I loved Chris's dress. Dark horse, people, I'm telling ya!

Totally agree. Chris was robbed. Loved, loved, loved that gown. And it was a modern interpretation of the painting. Like RC, I could totally picture that in a Paris couture show.

>Sometimes I get Jillian confused with her mannequin. She's like a wind-up doll that's wound down. That's prolly why she's always running late. Show some animation for chrissakes!

She is boring personality-wise. But I love her stuff almost every single week. I'm sorta pulling for her to win it all. And I have to say that I disagree with Kimmah about her skirt lengths. Her skirts would look fierce on me, I think. I don't have a model body, but I do have the long model legs and that length is right up my alley.

>Someone form Drapers Anonymous for Rami. Please.

Can someone please explain why they kept this guy? I was over him weeks and weeks ago. That was the most predictable and boring thing I've ever seen on this show this far into the competition. And then to try to defend it. Unbelievable and arrogant. I can't stand him.

>When I saw Christian's model walking down the runway I busted a gut. Now I laugh every time I see it. I mean, LOOK at it. It's absurd.

Couldn't agree more. That outfit was a joke. And the judges acting like, oh, you can just switch around a piece or two or take off the jacket and it's totally wearable!!! Riiiiiight. If you don't mind a bunch of puffy shirt and are you a torreador jokes at your expense.

>Sweetpea, hon, you're so pathetic. Sorry, but it's true. I
never really got why you were still there in the first place.

Well, if that's how she interprets a peacock, I must say you're right. It should have shimmered. It should have been grand. It should have stunned. That looks like something I'd wear, possibly, as a coverup on the beach. And only if I had absolutely nothing else to wear.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." John Kenneth Galbreath

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
I like that Rami and Chris are going to have a fashion-off. I'm really looking forward to seeing the two of them unrestricted, particularly Chris.

I agree with all of you who have said that they all showed us something we've already seen from them. Still, Rami doesn't seem to get the concept of being showey. His Avant Garde look was too tame, and this was too tame. While I'm tired of his draping, I don't really blame him for doing it. It's what he does, and he's in a competition. The judges were right when they said it was too safe.

Sweet P. I liked her but saw the axe coming miles away. That dress was way too dull. Not only that, it makes her model look hip-ey.

My DH asked me last night if I could pick one of the designers to design something for me who it would be. I picked Jillian. He thought I'd have picked Rami, but I have curves and that draping stuff hangs off of your most outwardly-poking part and hangs down - which would make me look dumpy. Jillian's stuff is sharply tailored and much more my style. I would request a longer skirt, though. I'm not into the cheerleader look.

An Icey Valentine!

WVtoIN 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-14-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WVtoIN Click to send private message to WVtoIN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
Did anyone notice that if you put Christian's glasses on his model, she would look just like him?

02-14-08, 06:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
That is tooooooo funny!!! Great observation.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-08, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
It was tre cool to take them to the Met to find their inspiration, but the second Tim explained what 3 rooms they were using, Ra and I both thought "Great, more draping." I rather agree with the poster above who felt Rami was a bit set up. But then, so was Christian. He loves the big, poofy sleeve and jacket stuff, so of course he would choose European Art. The difference was that Christian would be forgiven because he was Christian the eclectic, and Rami would be panned because he was Rami the draper. LOL

The only one I really didn't understand was SweetPea. I've watched the show, looked at the pictures, read all the posts -- and I STILL can not see the peacock in that dress. Auf'ing her was the right decision.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-15-08, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
I was so flipping excited when Tim explained this challenge, then kind of bummed that they were only limited to 3 rooms. I still adored the challenge though and only wish that I could show this episode to my art classes. I'm not sure the administration would go for the constant uses of "bitchy" and half naked models standing around though.

Chris is still my top choice. Funnily enough, he's been my absolute fave since the first episode when he did that awesome gown with the bow in back. I'm so happy he gets to go all out on a collection and I hope he makes it!

Winterized by Nutzy.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-16-08, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: PR 4, Episode 11, The Art of Fashion"
Instead of the penultimate episode 11, "Project Runway: The Art of Fashion," we should've called this Project Runway: The Recrap Episode with never before seen footage. The Metropolitan Museum of Art inspiration theme was better than most of the ideas they come up with for an episode. But the judges, producers, sponsors, "guest" stars change up what's important or likeable every week. Huh, kind of like the fashion world in general, which REQUIRES new or at least different to keep selling more crap. Have you read the fine print text flashed at the end of each episode? It's completely arbitrary, dependent on the producer's analysis of the focus group and ratings reports. I like watching this show with Emerald.* I'm not worried that it'll make me gay.

Jillian, my pretty, cute, meek, Jillian. She bursts out with the intricacy of her designs, especially jackets and the lines and and changes from collar to hip. I thought she did better head to toe than Christian. Her skirts are always an afterthought. I think the shortness worked this time, but she can do better down there if she wasn't so slow. Can't wait to see her fashion week stuff.

Christian gets it -- what the judges want. Overblown puffiness. Sure it was take-apart-able. He should've added a sword or stiletto on a belt, but, what the heck. I like how he wears all his creations so he can get the feel. His confident arrogant snippiness comes from the fact that he IS faster and better than the rest.

Chris did a big shoulder draped couldn't-hail-a-taxi-in-it thing. Again. It was complex and capable of going to Oscar night. Still a repeat. Hasn't he already been voted out of the tribe?

Rami's motto is "I live to drape." Gawd, enough already. He's really proven that's all he can do. If he had a sense of humor, he'd do Carol Burnett's Scarlet O'Hara dress for fashion week. It was nice, pretty, Oscar capable, the band-de-bodice was different. Solid classical work, but nothing new or special.

The judges punted on voting out Chris or Rami, just like The Donald did on not firing Piers or Ohsobada (who he's having something with, I think) off of the Apprentice this week.

Sweat-Pea. Oh, the train wreck of Sweat-Pea. She finally got mashed by the industrial machinery of the Popeye cartoons. That's a peacock inspiration? Functional, yes. "Commercial" as the judges said, yes. Likeable, no. Fancy over-the-top coutre, no. Where the hell was the peacock tail bloom?

That said, maybe we can have a strip-runway game when we watch their fashion week Bryant Park show. Emmie said she heard all four get to show their stuff, but it might still be just the 3-3 pieces show off before folks before they decide who's the third to show their whole collection. When they set up the tents there for this, it bothers me because there's no room to play chess anymore at the side tables it's so securitied-off. Well, it did, I'm in CA now, not NYC.

*TLC's What Not To Wear was pretty cool last night, too, with the Navy officer's baggy-draped wife's makeover. Do we have a forum/thread for that?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •