The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-08, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
And then, there were 7.

Reminder - there will be spoiler information in this post. If you haven't watched this episode yet, and don't want to know the outcome, quit reading. Well, don't quit reading altogether, just quit reading this thread. Don't want anyone to think I'm advocating illiteracy. (I hope I spelled that right. )

OK, that should be enough filler.

In case it's not, we open with a recap of last week. Which, if you missed, you could have tuned in an hour earlier and caught one of the "encore" episodes. So, we all know that Kit got the boot last week, and really shouldn't have been the one to go.

Heidi comes out to greet the designers, wearing a top that had a nose and lips on it. At first glance, when I didn't see the lips, I thought, OMG, she's wearing a shirt with a cow snout on it.

Christian decides to stay with his model, so no swapping this time. Tim is waiting in the lobby to take them on a field trip. Someone asked if they would be meeting anyone fabulous, but Tim let them know that "we're all fabulous", so they don't need any guests. They end up on a pier on the East River, where Caroline Calvin, SR VP of Design for Levi's, let's them know what their challenge is. Behind garage door #1, there are over 500 pairs of Levi 501's, and bolts of white cotton. They are to design an iconic denim look, using the jeans and cotton. When Tim says go, they will have 3 minutes to run to the jeans and stuff as many as they can into the laundry bag provided to each of them. (Obviously, this is ploy to put Chris at a disadvantage. As a fat person, I can tell you, running is murder. )

Some of the snippets of conversation -
Rami - since he's not from the US, his outlook is more fashion forward and edgy.
Christian - smarter than Chris, because Christian knows you should not wet denim to get the dirt off of it.
Chris - someone should give Christian a bottle and put him to bed.
Chris & Christian - people you like go home, and people who shouldn't be here still are - looking at Ricky.
Tim (in reference to Sweet P's garment) - it's looking like happy hands at home granny circle. This causes Sweet P to change directions.

They had until midnight that day, and then one hour or so the next morning. The glue guns come out. Finally, it's time for the runway, and Jillian's still trying to finish up.

Christian feels he should win, because he made two pieces, and if he sees another tube dress, he's just going to die. Anyone got a tube dress?

Heidi announces that immunity will not be given to the winner of this challenge or of any of the remaining challenges.

Chris' outfit is first:

Chris says "really happy with it"

Ricky:

Ricky says "I enjoy it"

Sweet P:

Sweet P says "I love my final look... looked polished"

Victorya:

Victorya says "relatively happy with way" model looked.

Rami:

Rami says "so nice, in my opinion"

Christian:

Christian says "pretty fierce, pretty amazing what I did"

Jillian:

Jillian says "I almost kind of liked it"

The judges liked the pieces by Ricky, Christian, Sweet P, and Rami.
Which means that the bottom three are Jillian, Chris, and Victorya.

Results:
Rami, you're in, you may leave the runway.
Congratulations to Ricky! And Caroline Calvin lets him know that Levi's wants to sell a limited edition of his dress on Levi.com.
Sweet P, good job, you may leave the runway.
Christian, you're in.
Chris, you're in.

Jillian, your outfit was unflattering and unfocused and left the judges confused.
Victorya, it was a dull outfit and left the judges uninspired.
Jillian, you're in, Victorya, you're out.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... tvgeek401 01-24-08 1
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... tvgeek401 01-24-08 2
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... arkiegrl 01-24-08 3
       RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... mindy23 01-24-08 4
           RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... aquariaqueen 01-24-08 8
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... geg6 01-24-08 5
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... WVtoIN 01-24-08 6
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... FishWoman 01-24-08 9
       RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... geg6 01-24-08 11
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... Fishercat 01-25-08 19
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... aquariaqueen 01-24-08 7
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... pinksparkleguitar 01-24-08 10
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... topmodelchick 01-24-08 12
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... Sunny_Bunny 01-24-08 13
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... TxMom2011 01-24-08 14
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... tribephyl 01-24-08 15
   RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... aquariaqueen 01-24-08 16
 Best Quote / Best Coat Tenorsaxy 01-24-08 17
   RE: Best Quote / Best Coat NewFan 01-25-08 18
       RE: Best Quote / Best Coat Sunny_Bunny 01-25-08 20
       RE: Best Quote / Best Coat ssinmd 01-26-08 21
           Tim's Blog on BravoTV.com WVtoIN 01-26-08 22
           RE: Best Quote / Best Coat Tenorsaxy 01-26-08 23
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... anotherkim 01-26-08 24
 RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get ... melly 01-27-08 25
 Christian's Design....Iconic? In w... aquariaqueen 01-27-08 26
   RE: Christian's Design....Iconic? ... geg6 01-28-08 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-24-08, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
We don't have Bravo here on campus, so I don't get to watch the show until I go home to my parents' house every weekend, so I don't know the details, but based off the pictures, I was surprised that Victorya went home. Her outfit was one of my favorites.

I don't see denim trenches very often, and I've seen Ricky's outfit on lots of unattractive teenagers. It was the least creative for me. I do have to give him props on choosing dark denim. It's a much better overall look than lighter denim to me.
Lighter denim just gives me a backflash to the 80s and 90s. The newer trends for mature looks are leaning towards darker colors of denim.

I like the color of Chris's outfit and the curves on the side. It gives the model a nice shape.
Sweet P's is my least favorite based entirely on the colors of denim. I like the patterns, but the color makes it look like an 8th grade sewing project.
Rami's was my favorite. I loved the neckline and overall look of the dress.
Christians was just weird and not very appealing at all. It was the first look of his that I've disliked.
Jillian's had potential. I like the ideas she had, but not the execution or the colors (bleh).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
Also want to mirror Christian's statement about the overdone tube dress. You'd think that by this point in the show, we'd have some more creative results than those of Chris, Sweet P, and Ricky.

Why are Sweet P and Ricky still on this show?

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
On Victorya's design, they didn't feel like she had been innovative enough. In addition to all the jeans they had to grab from, there were also jackets, and the judges said it looked like she really didn't do that much to change anything - that it looked like a skirt had just been sewed onto a jacket.

On Christian's, I have to say it looked better coming down the runway than it does in the picture I posted.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""

It was MY understanding that Victorya DID take a jacket that had already existed and sewed a skirt on it-is that not right??

I think that was the thing that totally hung her-she just didn't come off as enjoying this competition, she had NO inventiveness, no innovation, and, geez, look at the finished product-YUCK!

Anyway, if that's the case-what was she thinking??

Even so, she and Jillian had both just made jackets in their previous competition, as many of the other seamstresses had mentioned, so what was up with that? Did they just decide to stick with what they were familiar with, and hope the judges wouldn't notice?

I think it's sad that one mistake would send such a good designer home, but if she DID take an already made jacket and add a skirt to it, she defiitely deserved to lose-any of them could have done that! Heck, I think even I could have done something that dumb! In any case, the competition is getting really tough, and I think we're going to be even more surprised at the results as things start winding down. I do have to agree-Ricky did a great job last night, but why was he still there in the first place, over Kit and a few others?? I just don't know!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
She took a made jacket, put a collar and a skirt on it....not too original. And like I stated on my post, this picture looks so much nicer than on the runway.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
I am not a big fan of denim for the most part, so I wasn't very thrilled with this episode.

That said...

For the most part, the judges got it right. My only real disagreement with them was the winner. Ricky's dress was certainly the best thing he's come up with, but I adored Sweet P's dress (and would have hated it if she'd decided to keep it long). I think Ricky should have gotten second.

No doubt but that Victorya should have been aufed. That thing looked exactly like what the judges said. She took a jean jacket, added a couple of things to it, and sewed a fugly skirt to it. No imagination and no real skill involved.

It hurts me to say this because I really can't stand the little creep, but I also liked Christian's outfit a lot. Other than Sweet P's, it's the only one of the outfits I could imagine wearing. The jeans were totally fierce.

"A single zealot may commence persecutor, and better men be his victims."-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

WVtoIN 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WVtoIN Click to send private message to WVtoIN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
I liked Sweet P's dress, too. But, I also don't like Ricky. Haven't since 2nd or 3rd episode.

The only thing I didn't like about Christian's was the shoulders. He almost always has the puffed up shoulder.

I didn't like Victorya's at all. I thought Chris's and Rami's looked really nice.

It would have been interesting to see what Kit would've come up with.

IMO!

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
When Christian's outfit came down the runway - I was thinking you (geg) would look amazing in those jeans and your red stilettos.

I thought Christian should have won, with Rami in second. I loved the detailing Rami did with the zippers.

makin' plates for 8 1/3 to 12

01-24-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
*blushes*

Thanks, FW!!!!!!

Geg's moment of vanity #1,347,592: I thought I'd look amazing in them, too!

"A single zealot may commence persecutor, and better men be his victims."-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-25-08, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
You are very unlikely to hear this from me again on Project Runway...but I completely agree with Geg. I thought Ricky's dress bordered on trashy, but that border is good for him and it was a good 2nd place dress. Sweet P deserved first.

01-24-08, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
I finally agreed with the judge's choices this week.

Totally shocked they would get rid of Victorya, I really thought they were wanting her in final 3. Her dress looks better in this picture than it did on the show.

Chris....nothing to get worked up about...just okay.

Ricky...kinda cool and neatly done.

Sweet P pulled it off again. I was scared of the wedding dress idea. Glad she took Tim's advice.

Rami...a little bit "out there" but is definitely marketable.

Christian...did a nice job, but so hard for me to be too complimentary.

Jillian...whatever....

I loved a lot of the snarky comments on this episode. They are starting to implode, aren't they?

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-24-08, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
I was surprised that so many designers chose to do a dress...everybody but Christian!?! I guess when you start with jackets and jeans a dress seems innovative.

I liked Chris', even with the weird side curve piece, but it looked great on his model.

Christian's was fierce. I really thought he might win again. I am liking his pieces more and more.

Sweet P's was ho-hum for me. It was a nice dress, but when compared to other stuff that came down the runway, it paled in comparison.

Ramis's was cool, but he did try to drape with denim, in the neckline. And when Tim went crazy over his zippers I was confused because Jeffery from last season sent a dress down the runway with zipper trim, and they all made a big deal out of it. So Rami wasn't the first.

Ricky's - fine. It was very lingerie-esque, and I'm just not sure it was iconic. Whatever. I just want him out!

Jillian's wasn't awful, but a poor choice after the fantastic coat they sent down last week. Wasn't very flattering.

Victorya's- Oh-so-awful-where-do-I-start? It was a bad choice to not match the color exactly on the skirt. It was a bad choice to use an already made jasket. It was an unflattering waist-line, a bad cut on the skirt, and overall just ugly. It was right for her to get auf'd.

'At some point people will realize that fair trade isn't
one option among many, it's a responsibility to other
humans.' --EFTA

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-24-08, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
I think the judges got the loser right, the winner I would have gone with Christian, the bottom on those jeans was the business, it did have a weird thing going on at the knee, but those jeans were fierce...

so I wonder if Ricky can eek his way to fashion week?? I like Sweet P's dress a lot better than his, it was really a cute little thing

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
I liked Ricky's dress, but I have to say I liked 'Pea's more! That dress would look flattering on most women, because of the pattern she used for the dark/light Denim. I'm disappointed that she didn't win last night.

I don't like Christopher, but I did like his outfit. It looked so much better walking down the runway then it does in that picture.

As for my least favorites, I have to agree with the judges. Vic's coat-dress lacks any kind of fun and inspiration -- it looks tired. Jillian's dress is such a mix of different ideas that it just looks odd. The judges were right to send Vic out though, because Jillian's designs are much more consistent.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-24-08, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
http://www.levisstore.com/home/index.jsp

Ricky's dress has already sold out. I'm not sure how to post the link, hope it works.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-08, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
GAH! I give up!

The third person in my mid-season "Bryant Park Final 4" has been Auf'd and it's looking more and more like they are making decisions based on "character" and not on design talent.
Of course, this is solely my opinion.

Grrr...for Ricky stepping up his talent quotient this week.
Grrr... for Rami stepping outside of his comfort zone this week.
Grrr...for Victorya who somehow let it show that she's uninspired by denim.
Grrr...to Jillian for always working without some sort of organization skill.
Grrr...to the judges for not giving the top prize to Christian this week.
Grrr...to the producers for allowing Chris and Ricky anywhere near the finale. There are season 1 losers/contestants who were better than the bulk of finalists for this season.

Rami, Chris, SweetP and Ricky seem to be where the drama is, so they are now my NEW BryantPark Final 4.
Jillian and Christian obviously show too much promise/talent to be considered for any further prizes with this show.
</sarcasm>

(Actually, I'm hoping that now that I've claimed them as my final 4, they'll start disappearing from the show.)

Finally, is there a way to have Kit, Kevin, Victorya and Jillian participate in a mini design-off? That. Would be exciting to me.

(PS: How about we just get this show over with and go ahead and start TopChef 4 now?)

01-24-08, 07:49 PM (EST)
16. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
Can't wait for Top Chef...wouldn't mind some Shear Design either.

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-24-08, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Best Quote / Best Coat"
Best quote of the night came from Chris as they were arriving at the warehouse. Something about "Are we here to design cement galoshes?" Anyone have this recorded?

The best coat was last week, and I think that that look's co-creators got so intoxicated with themselves and it, that they couldn't move forward to create something new this week. Their long denim coats sucked. As did the vast majority of the others this week.

I love my jeans. Apparently none of these designers feel the same way.

My next song is for Agman.

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-25-08, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Best Quote / Best Coat"
I loved that coat (Jillian/Victorya) so much, that I forgot it didn't win. I was SURE Jillian was going home because Victorya had immunity as last week's team leader. Boy was I relieved...

And no one here has pointed out that Chrisian's jean legs were actually jean jacket arms. I thought that was totally cool and innovative. But it also made for a weird shoulder seam at the knee!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-08, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Best Quote / Best Coat"
Actually I like that knee seam because it almost looks like she's wearing denim boots!

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-26-08, 05:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Best Quote / Best Coat"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-08 AT 05:11 AM (EST)

I hated Christian's "denim suit". Denim jacket with jeans? Um, no. I also don't see those ridiculously long, ridiculously tight jeans being flattering on anyone under 6 feet tall and over 100 pounds. No way could that model sit down in those, either. The whole thing just looked silly, like his "haircut".

WVtoIN 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-26-08, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WVtoIN Click to send private message to WVtoIN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Tim's Blog on BravoTV.com"
I was reading Tim's blog and he agreed that Christian should have won. His exact word was "Fierce!" He also agreed that Victorya was the right person to be auf'd.

Some of the comments made by viewers think that Ricky won because the guest judge was from Levi's and that because he used the rivets as a "button fly" on the top that it was more marketable.

As in one of the above posts, the item has already sold out.

I guess if the guest judge likes something, the other judges go with it whether it is well-made or not and whether it is "iconic" enough or not.

My two cents!

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-26-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Best Quote / Best Coat"
Gah! Christian's hair makes me crazy too. I wish someone would pat the silly little boy on the head and knock it down a bit.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-08, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
Iconic translates to timeless, IMO, and of the deisgns on the runway, Ricky's was the only one that I could imagine being worn ten years ago or today or ten years from now.

Christian's jeans were fierce, yes, but that jacket was totally NOT iconic...way too much business in the sleeves and to avante garde. I'm also loathe to give props to a denim suit, no matter how fierce it is. I hate denim jackets with denim bottoms. Hate it.

Chris's dress was boring to me...and that unfinished ravel looked like something I would pull off the rack at Goodwill. There was no REASON for it--it looked lazy.

Rami's was hot, too, but again, I think it was too avante garde. That outfit simply isn't going to be a staple, iconic piece a la the trench or the little black dress.

Sweet Pea's was gorgeous, but it didn't look like a Levi's product and that was the whole point of the challenge. It didn't even look denim--if you're featuring 501's, then make it LOOK like a 501 product.

The jackets--yuck on both. WTF Jillian was thinking is just beyond me--the light wash was a terrible choice, IMO. Victoryia's was something that anyone could made--and made better if they'd had a better choice of denim. The colors were just enough off that they looked weird. And to use a pre-made jacket was a total cop-out, IMO.

Which leads me to Ricky--yeah, it's a tube dress, but it's a gorgeously fitted tube dress made out of denim, which ain't easy to do. It also LOOKED like a Levi product, which was the challenge. That dress could be dressed up or down, worn with a jacket, worn with boots or heels, sandals, etc. It was versatile, which is what Levi's is all about. My gripe is the length, but only because no woman my age should be wearing a dress that short. Sucks to be old, lol.

I thought they got it spot on--Ricky, Sweet Pea 1-2, Jillian, Victoryia bottom two.

Kimmah Says
--lives in Levi's lately

melly 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-27-08, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail melly Click to send private message to melly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: PR 4, Ep 9 "Even Designers Get the Blues""
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-08 AT 09:39 PM (EST)

I loved the jeans that Christian did, but I didn't think the jacket was anything too spectacular. The jeans were absolutely "fierce," however, and deserved to win. I also loved Rami's dress, and I'm not usually impressed with him...I think his work comes across tOo snotty (more than sophisticated. I just don't like it - or him), even if I think it would have looked terrible on me .

Thank god Sweet P listened to Tim. That dress would have been a train wreck if she had left it long; instead, it was gorgeous.

Ricky's dress was okay. My biggest issue with it was one of the things Michael Kors loved...I HATE Amy Winehouse. Not necessarily her music, although I have a hard time listening to her because of what a train wreck she is. His presentation just reminded me first of a train wreck, before I could even look at the dress. The dress itself was okay after I got past the Amy Winehouse thing.

ETC: a to to a too. Ack!

01-27-08, 10:21 AM (EST)
26. "Christian's Design....Iconic? In what size?"
501 jeans are sold in many many sizes. Maybe too many sizes, but the greatest thing about this particular cut was that they probably were the most comfortable of all of the lines for me.
The greatest day was when they got soft enough to rapidly get in and out of the button fly! Then it was just heaven. I don't know, have they re-worked them to be any different?

With Christian's design, could you have seen that realistically in 3 or 5 sizes larger, and still look flattering? He even mentioned that it was hard to put on over her feet!

01-28-08, 11:54 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Christian's Design....Iconic? In what size?"
I guarantee you that I am at least 3 sizes larger than that model.

But those jeans would look fierce on me, too. It's a matter of overall body proportions, IMHO.

I want those jeans!!!!!

"With all the talk about how to stimulate it, you'd think that the economy is a giant clitoris." - Barbara Ehrenreich

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •