The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-08, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
Yes, there will be spoiler information here.

Do not read this thread if you don't want to know who was auf'd.

Christian's haircut bothers me.

So does Kit's dark roots.

Is that enough filler?

No? OK, then, tell me why do they always show Chris eating something while they wait for the judges to deliberate?

OK, that's got to be enough filler.

Based on the previews from last week, I guessed that the clients would either be the other designers, or it would be children. But I was wrong, as we find out when Heidi tells the designers that the challenge involves designing for one of the most important days of a woman's life. My first thought, which Rami expressed, was wedding dresses?? But no, the clients come out and we discover they are designing prom dresses.

After reviewing the portfolios, the girls were allowed to pick which designer they wanted. Chris wondered what the girl who picked him was thinking? (Considering it consists of photos of him in his outrageous drag costumes, it does make you wonder.) After each girl made her pick known, the designers head back to the work room, where they meet with their clients for 30 minutes. Christian's client informs him that she is also a designer. You know that's not going to be a good thing. And in one of my favorite moments, Victorya asks why her client picked her, and was told that her client had last pick, but it was ok, she really liked Victorya's portfolio. Nice save, honey.

Off to Mood, where they have a budget of $250. Chris yanks Tim's chain by saying he's making a Christmas dress, and will have a big poinsetta corsage.

The next day, the clients are back for a fitting, accompanied by their mothers. Christian's client, Maddie, is not too enthused with the dress. We see Christian having a defeatist attitude later, saying that someone's got to go, and it might as well be him. Tim gives him a pep talk, ending with "Rally!" Is this going to replace "make it work"? I hope not. I *heart* Make It Work.

Now, what you've all been waiting for... the runway pics:

Chris

Christian

Jillian

Kevin

Kit

Rami

Ricky

Sweet P

Victorya

Chris, Kit, and Jillian are called first. They are all safe, and leave the runway. The models come out, and the judges ask their questions. They comment that Rami's design is too sophisticated for the client. His response is that is his design style - it's always sophisticated. MK says it looks like a 35yo going out for dinner, and Rami says that is his typical client. The judges did not care for the color.

They also did not care for the color of Ricky's dress, nor the draping/ruching. They felt it washed out any color from the girl.

The judges said Kevin's dress looked cheap, and made his client look like 17 going on 40. (I agree, this dress did look cheaply made. I don't remember if it was the guest judge or MK who made the comment that it looked like she was going to the $29.95 prom.)

When it was Christian's turn, his first comment was about how difficult (or opinionated) Maddie was. This made the judges angry. They felt he should not put the blame for his design on the client. (I didn't like the skirt - I thought it puffed out funny in odd places.)

The judges only liked Victorya and Sweet P's dresses. They awarded the win to Victorya. (I've read Tim Gunn's blog - he disagrees with this decision. He commented that it looks more like superhero than prom. I think Sweet P should have won. To me, her dress was so much better.)

Ricky is safe. Rami had immunity from last week, so naturally he's safe. So we have Kevin and Christian, and Kevin is auf'd.

So now I'm impatiently waiting for next week.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants mistyrose52 01-10-08 1
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants Sunny_Bunny 01-10-08 2
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants aquariaqueen 01-10-08 3
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants KwietOne 01-10-08 4
   RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants topmodelchick 01-10-08 5
       RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants ginger 01-11-08 15
 Worst judging ever! geg6 01-10-08 6
   RE: Worst judging ever! KwietOne 01-10-08 7
       RE: Worst judging ever! mistyrose52 01-10-08 8
           RE: Worst judging ever! toddE 01-10-08 9
               RE: Worst judging ever! geg6 01-11-08 17
                   RE: Worst judging ever! MarleyCat 01-13-08 24
               RE: Worst judging ever! mistyrose52 01-12-08 21
   Sits next to GEG! udg 01-12-08 23
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants StarryLuna 01-10-08 10
   RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants NewFan 01-10-08 11
       RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants Sunny_Bunny 01-10-08 12
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants anotherkim 01-11-08 13
   RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants aquariaqueen 01-11-08 14
       RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants ginger 01-11-08 16
           RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants StarryLuna 01-11-08 18
               RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants geg6 01-11-08 19
           RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants aquariaqueen 01-11-08 20
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants pinksparkleguitar 01-12-08 22
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants tvgeek401 01-13-08 25
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants frodis 01-15-08 26
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants Ahtumbreez 01-16-08 27
   RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants arkiegrl 01-16-08 29
 RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants Tenorsaxy 01-16-08 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-08, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"

I didn't realize until I saw them come down the runway how awful, and I do mean AWFUL, Ricky's dress was!!
I've seen nicer dresses at the Salvation Army! Or Goodwill, if you will...(no pun intended). I guess the cameras just didn't focus on his design so much, as they did his back ground and heritage and relationship with his mom. I thought for sure he'd be auf'd. That was hideous! Ricky's certainly came in a close second, and I knew something was up when Chris kept emphasizing the whole hemming issue.
But Christian? He had an amazingly difficult teenage client-being a school nurse for years, I know how teenage girls are. Besides raising one! They get their mind set on something, and forget it! Her mother should have set her straight, but unfortunately, the mom was a big part of the problem! Christian, being the young, gay, man that he is, had no clue how to deal with a bratty wanna-be! He needed the skills of Sweet P and/or Kit to put them in their place. Kudos for his efforts, though, and I'm SO glad he's still there!! He's way to talented to be auf'd because of THAT little beyooooootch!!!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-08 AT 06:37 PM (EST)

I liked this challenge. I think more challenges should focus around designing for someone other than your typical overpaid, over-hyped anorexic twig in heels. So giving the designers a bunch of opinionated teenage girls with definite ideas about what up to this point is the most important date they have ever had was a good idea. After all, when you design for real women, you have to learn how to deal with someone other than a model who is getting paid to smile no matter what carp you send down the runway.

Having said that, I felt ever so sorry for Christian, who, while a legend in his own mind, has NO idea how to reign in a client when they essentially turn out to be as big a diva as he is! The dress sucked, the girl was a horror, and Christian was lucky that there was a designer there who had absolutely no clue about color choices for blonds (Ricky,) and another who somehow managed to make 250 dollars worth of expensive material look cheap. (kevin)

Now that I'm home from work, I'll post some other thoughts lol.

While I can see why they chose Victoria based on the youthfulness of the dress and the bold color, I still think the winner should have been Sweetpea. Her dress was beautifully made, LOOKED like a prom dress AND she had managed to do what Christian could not -- keep her client from forcing her to dress her like Hoochie Barbie.

Chris was my choice for 3rd.

Jillian's dress was nice, but it had now "wow" impact. Kit's had the wow, but didn't look like a prom dress to me.

Rami's was nice, but we have seen it before - he won with it before - it was very similar to that gray Grecian number from a few weeks ago. But, I would wear that dress, (even Ra said, "wow, that color and style would look great on you!") which pretty much shows that no teenager would touch it. LOL!!!

Sorry for the edited post, I only just got some time to add in my other comments. LOL

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-10-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-08 AT 10:18 AM (EST)

>
>
>Now, what you've all been waiting
>for... the runway pics:
>
>Chris
> Loved this dress
>
>Christian
> Photo is better than on the show
>
>Jillian
> The bodice seemed like it needed to be hiked up.
>
>Kevin
> Disappointed, but not by the hemming.
>
>Kit
> Loved the bodice, not sure about the dress length.
>
>Rami
> Beautifully done, but too old. Maybe a different color may have helped? I am not sure.
>
>Ricky
> Total wrong color, washed out that poor girl, and construction was poor.
>
>Sweet P
> Beautiful, glad she made it more conservative than the girl wanted. Should have won, in my opinion.
>
>Victorya
> First of all the hair should have been out of the way. And I just can't wrap myself around those types of hems. I would have done something like Kevin did, maybe a swing dress.

As much as I love Chris, I just wish he could get healthier, each week when they show him in his robe at the apartment, it saddens me. This week we get to see his feet and legs, he's not long for this world. I would love to see him on Biggest Loser. And I would have loved to have gone to prom with him. Oh the fun we would have......

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-10-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
Kevin's design made her look like a "$20 dolla I make you holla" hooker! I did feel bad for the model though.

Christian's design actually looks good photographically. It must have been the lack of light that made it look different. I actually liked this dress under brighter conditions!

I agree with the judges concerning Ricky's design. The color washed the girl out. LOL

I agree with Tim Gunn. I disagreed with the judge's decision. I liked Sweet P's design much better.

I believe it was Kors who made that $29.95 prom dress comment.

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-10-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
I am so irritated Kevin was sent home - Ricky's dress was awful & he's consistantly producing garbage and it always apears that he can't sew or construct anything - he constantly has those issues. I think they blew it last night.

I do feel what the poster said about Chris & how I love him so...

I think Sweet P or Chris should have won, Victoryia's dress was a little bit goofy or something, can't really articulate what about it is bugging me...

I think Kit is our under the radar girl like Michael was last season

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
Agree with all of this. I really did not care for Victorya's dress, or how it looked on the girl, who was long and leggy and modelesque compared to some of the other "clients."

I actually liked the front of Christian's dress.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Worst judging ever!"
What a trainwreck! The judging, I mean! They got everything wrong! Everything!

First of all, three dresses were wearable. Sweet P's, Victorya's, and Chris'. That's about it. The rest of them were either hideous or ill-fitting or badly made. Or all three at once.

Chris' was nice and I loved the color. It just didn't seem outstanding as a design. Victorya's was really cute, but didn't seem much like a prom dress to me. I don't know what they wear in Jersey and New York, but no one here wears a dress above the knee to prom. Way too casual.

Sweet P should have won it hands down. That gown was beautiful, glamorous, and beautifully tailored. Not an easy task with that material and based on what we've seen from Sweet P in the past. I would have loved that dress for my prom!

Yes, Kevin's dress looked cheap. But it was at least the kind of cheap you might actually wear. Unlike that hideous piece of crap that Christian turned out. And I mean the piece of crap that became even more of a piece of crap when he decided to put all his "signature" details on it. He's an idiot. He should have done what all the rest of them did, which was ignore the crazy requests of the clients and do it right and let the client ##### if she wanted to on the runway. I don't think it would have mattered if the dress was lovely anyway.

Kevin was robbed.

Christian's dress was BY FAR the ugliest one. By far!

"A single zealot may commence persecutor, and better men be his victims."-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Worst judging ever!"
Oh yah, Chris' too. His actually turned out quite well.

01-10-08, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Worst judging ever!"
I totally agree with the judging comments! I was so irritated about the things they were saying, and the WAY they were saying them! There is just something about the cockiness that is coming with Nina AND Michael this season. I don't know. I thought it was just me...

Maybe this season, they have more seasoned designers? I'm not sure-from seeing some of the stuff that came down that runway last night, and a few times ago, I sure wouldn't say so. BUT, Nina and Micheal both act like they are the say all and do all of fashion. I know they have a huge part in it, but they can be so insulting at one point, and then so kiss A$$ at another. Makes no sense. Tim knows so much more than those two put together, and they way he approaches it helps the designers a lot more, I feel.

I could NOT believe that they just skimmed over that awful thing that Kevin made. That girl looked like she had holes punched in an off-white garbage bag, and some be-dazzle put around the waist band! But they were much more focused on Ricky's red dress (did you notice what color Nina happened to be wearing??). Sure, it may have NOT been the right color for an Asian person, but that isn't what they originally said. Nina said, "I HATE that color!". Then the camera zoomed in on HER top, which was almost exact! LOL

Then some of the other comments later, thankfully, when the designers weren't there. I don't know-am I getting way too sympathetic for the designers? I know a lot is at stake, and they will be put in a great place to start, if they win. If not, they'll be the Laura Bennett's and Wendy Pepper's of the world, ie 'where are they now'. Although I HAVE seen some of the men on different shows in the recent past.

ANYway, my ramble. Mostly because last night the judges were just getting under my skin. And I DO agree, on another note, that Chris, as sweet and kind-hearted as he seems, will go the way of Chris Farley, and/or John Candy, if he doesn't switch up, or down, his lifestyle soon. God, I certainly hope not, but it seems inevitable, doesn't it?

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-10-08, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Worst judging ever!"
I think you have Kevin and Ricky mixed up.

That said, I have to say that Kevin totally deserved to get the boot. His dress was horrible in pretty much every way. Nothing nice to say about it, cheap, slutty, poorly executed...just awful.

Ok, I don't know what "rouching" is, but I thought Ricky's dress was ok, just a poor color choice. I work in a high school, and they definitely picked the right dresses as the best. I could see our girls wearing either Victorya's or Sweet P's, and I can see why the judges preferred Victorya's...it's a lot fresher. Sweet P's is pretty but also pretty typical.

I confess that I totally dig on Ricky, but he's not one of the stronger designers. He, Chris and Sweet P really have no chance to win.

Let's see, that leaves Victorya (long shot), Kit (consistently good, but never gets attention), Jillian (totally professional), Christian (diva who will go far but unlikely to win), Rami (maybe too professional, kind of dull to be the winner)as the main contenders. Seems about right.

01-11-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Worst judging ever!"
Well, it must be a geographic thing about the prom dresses. Because the only two I could imagine a girl around here wearing were Chris' and Sweet P's. Victorya's would only be considered proper for a semi-formal dance. I work at a local college, lived with a high school teacher for 18 years, and have a brother-in-law who teaches at the high school in my town. Not to mention the dozens of men and women who are my friends and have kids exactly that age. I have never seen a girl go to prom in anything other than an evening gown. Ever. It just isn't done. Now, as I mentioned above, semi-formals or homecoming dances? Victorya's dress would be fine. But for prom? She'd be laughed out of town.

"A single zealot may commence persecutor, and better men be his victims."-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-13-08, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Worst judging ever!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-08 AT 02:29 AM (EST)

I think it is a geographic thing. Here in southern CA wearing a long dress would be out of place. Noboby would wear a dress past the knees. The last time long dresses were in fashion out here was back in the early 90's.

01-12-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Worst judging ever!"
You're right-I always get those two mixed up-in name only! Sorry!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-12-08, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Sits next to GEG!"
I couldn't get over how the judges kept saying certain dresses were "too sophisticated" for prom. WTF? It's called a Prom Gown, not a Prom Little Girl's Party Dress.

I couldn't believe that they picked Victoryas dress with the glued on plastic "gems". Talk about looking cheap!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-10-08, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
While I greatly prefer Chris's design out of all of them, I can understand why the judges chose Victorya's. On shows like The Hills and My Sweet Sixteen, which teenage girls watch way too much, dresses in the style of Victorya's are incredibly popular. And short dresses are becoming much more acceptable for prom. Many of my former students come back and show me prom pictures, and most of them are opting for short dresses.

One thing that did make me giggle last night was how many of the girls couldn't walk in their high heel shoes. Hope they get more practice before the dance!

Winterized by Nutzy.

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-10-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
I loved Chris' dress also, and hope he continues to do well (on the show at least!)

Victorya's dress was very unflattering in the bust I thought. Seemed constricting and too high or something.

Christian's dress was way too high in the back. So obvious as the girls walked off the stage and were sideways to the judges. It was at least 8 inches higher in the back. Very odd, but fixable I think with the scraps that Tim showed him. It seemed like he kept working on the back--not sure why he couldn't fix that. Other than that, I thought the dress was nicely done. Pretty color, and I liked the asymmetrical floral beading on the front and the tulle underneath.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-08, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
I think Christian was hit by the Steven effect, wherein the designer is stuck with something they REALLY don't like. For Steven, it was getting stuck with miles and miles of "cheap fabric" with that wedding dress. For Christian, it was getting stuck with a 16 year old girl who didn't fall rapturously for him when they met, but instead took his pencil and designed her own dress while he looked on stunned. He just could never quite get the upper hand over his client, and simply fell apart.

Yes, Tim did try to help him, but since Christian has this little voice that continually tells him that HE is always right, the suggestions and ways to "rally" from Tim fell on deaf ears.

Christian is deaf to mentors, and clients. He needs to get a handle on that if he ever hopes to run a successful design house.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-08, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-08 AT 00:33 AM (EST)

Chris
I thought this was a gorgeous dress and very refined. I can totally this at one of our proms...in fact, I probably have. It's not particularly innovative. The back was pretty, though. That was interesting.

Christian

Ugly ass dress--he didn't allow for her booty, so the back is all jacked up looking like trash. The ONLY good thing about this dress, IMO, is the color. The length worked on her, too. I'll give him that. And that it looks promish and well-made, albeit tacky as hell. There is not one element of the style that I find attractive or interesting.

Jillian

When she was describing this, I had high hopes. Then I saw it--it did not impress me one iota. I don't like the color palette, I really HATE that hemline, and I think the bodice looks too small and makes her look as if she has weird boobs. It reminds me a lot of the little dress that the girl who got booted last year in the dress your dog challenge (Catherine??), only longer.

Kevin

Yucko. This one looks even worse in the photo. Oy. It looks cheap, I hate the gathering--it makes her stomach pouchy because it's like Empire, but at the waist, which makes no sense. The color is too violent and it looks like he whacked off the length (at a particularly unflattering point) and just let the edges roll up. I would have been torn between him and Ricky going home. Bad.

Kit

love the bodice idea, love the colors, HATE the length Hate the fact that it looks like an apron. WHO would wear a knee-length apron to prom? No one in high school.

Rami

So he likes to drape. I get it. I like the silhouette, to some extent, but that color is just vile. I also thought that the back looked very uninspired--lots of gathering over the booty. And again with the matronly length. Prom dresses are either mini or they are mid calf or they are long. They are not just-below-the-knee in chiffon like a cocktail dress.

Ricky

I thought I liked the color until I saw it ON her and then I was struck by how incredibly bland the whole thing was. Rather like she wrapped up in her bath towel. Up close, all of the detail work looked shiteous and what the hell took him 20 hours to do on that dress? I could throw that thing together in a day and STILL make the hem lie flat.

Sweet P

I thought it was pretty, too. Simple, elegant and beautifully made, but it just doesn't scream prom to me. It needs some oopmh at the top--some beading or some sparkle or SOMETHING. I've been to 10 proms in the past 12 years and I just can't see anyone wearing that style--something about it is too old. I loved the bodice--I think it's the skirt that throws it off for me--it's too full or something? Not sure. The color is divine.

Victorya

Short dresses are actually quite popular, but they need to have some punch to make them promy and this one, unlike Kevin's or Ricky's does. I actually rather hate this dress overall (but I'm old), but it is more age appropriate and festive than many of the others--just looks like prom should be on or around July 4 to me (I have an aversion to red and blue together because I feel like Uncle Sam is just around the corner). The model's hair is heinously unattractive and should have been up, up, up. It distracted most annoyingly from the neck detail. Her posture is also just shameful and she really needed silver sandals...the red just annoys me.

I think if I were voting, I would probably have picked Chris 1 and then Sweet Pea...I'd have put Jillian in for third.I would have booted Ricky, I think, but Kevin was definitely the other bottom choice, along with with Christian.

bob sig

01-11-08, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
On Sweet Pea, would a glitzy necklace have worked for you in real life? And about the full skirt, maybe a slit?

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-08, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-08 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

So check out this dress Michael Knight designed for My Supersweet 16 on MTV. Wonder if Victorya watches the show...

http://jezebel.com/343485/copy-cats

And while I'm passing links:
http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-11-08, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
I have a hard time picturing Victorya watching My Super Sweet Sixteen but stranger things have happened.

Winterized by Nutzy.

01-11-08, 04:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
Well...

If the lovely Ginger watches it, why not?

01-11-08, 11:34 PM (EST)
20. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
Great call....very similar style indeed.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-08, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
Two things bothered me about the results from this challenge.

#1 A lot of girls had their hair down, and it ended up covering a lot of the dress. Especially Victorya's. I really wanted to see the back of that one, but that slouchy girl had her hair covering it.

#2 REAL PEOPLE have to wear bras. They are not skinny models with no boobs. Several of the sillouhettes could've bee dramatically improved (Christian and Kevin's included) if the girls' girls would've been properly supported. That killed me.

Syren made it!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-13-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
I was surprised that Kevin was Auf'd this week. He was one of my final three predictions.

Yes, his dress was ugly, but Ricky's was my least favorite. I could have designed something like that after taking only a 7th grade sewing class. It looked horrible.

I haven't seen the show yet, so I don't know how the dresses move or look all around, but from the pictures, Christian's dress is actually one of my favorites. I like the weird hemline and the color.

Victorya needs to get over the flat chest obsession she seems to have. The dress is good except for the horrible fit of the bust. It looks like the girl's chest will be horribly uncomfortable for the whole night.

If this was my prom, I would have chosen Kit's dress.
Possibly Victorya's if the bust were designed better. It would really only work for a small-chested girl, though.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-15-08, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
I finally got to watch this.

I enjoyed the prom dress challenge, although it hit me that my idea of what makes a good prom dress is very 80's - poof, taffeta. That's probably why I kind of like Christian's dress. I wore something of a similar length to my prom, only mine was cantaloupe-colored and had giant poofy sleeves.

Yes, it was the 80s.

Most of what I'd like to say has already been said, but to echo a few. . .

I liked Sweet P's dress the best. I can see that dress used as a bridesmaid's dress, as well. It looked the most prom-ey to me.

I didn't like Victorya's dress, personally, but I don't hate the fact that she won. I don't like the crystals, and I have to agree with tvgeek that Victorya has to get over her oobie-smashing obsession. Dear slouchy model - stand up straight!

Rami's dress made me think of curtains. Specifically, the color made me think of curtains in a funeral home. Personally, I do not care for things that are that wildly asymmetric, but I understand that that's his design aesthetic. To me, the right side looks unfinished. I want to gather it up and use a curtain tie-back to secure it.

Dear Rami, please see Chris' dress for a good color green for a prom dress. Chris' dress could also be a bridesmaid dress. I like the bit in the front and I thought the back was also pretty.

I liked Jillian's dress. It's a nice springy color for prom and it's very delicate and pretty.

Love the color of Christian's dress.

I can appreciate Kit's dress but I don't like it. I didn't know why until Kimmah said that it looks like an apron. It does, exactly.

Ricky's dress, meh. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy, Hefty Hefty, Hefty.

I knew Kevin would be auf'ed when he decided not to hem his dress. I actually didn't think that his was so terrible - yes, it looked cheap and yes, it was unfinished but the color was good on the model and style was modern.

I agree 100% with pinky that several of these girls would have benefited from wearing good foundation garments.

Oh, and I finally figured out who Kevin reminds me of. Frylock from Aqua Teen Hunger Force:

Winter wonderland a la Arkie!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
arkie, thanks for posting this thread, especially with pics. My stupid cable company doesn't carry Bravo, can you believe it! So I enjoy this thread each week tremendously.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
It's my pleasure! No Bravo? Oh, the humanity!

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: PR 4, Ep 7 What a Girl Wants"
I liked both green dresses as my top two favs.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I loved any of them as a prom dress.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •