The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Any speculations on Kevin's big reveal to Tim next week??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-06-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Any speculations on Kevin's big reveal to Tim next week??"
By now, we all know he has HIV, but is under good control. At least at the beginning of the season, anyway.

I'm hoping and praying something terrible didn't happen that will make him leave the show. AND that we are not going to have another incident like last season, where he, like another contestant (geez, can't remember his name!) was caught with a pattern book! But, I really don't think so.

The clip that was shown has Tim saying that Kevin came to HIM, and we see Kevin crying, and everyone else obviously upset. Man, the drama, and the wait are too much!!

Any speculations, rumors, spoilers, or just guesses out there??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big... geg6 12-06-07 1
 RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big... aquariaqueen 12-06-07 2
   RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big... Tahj 12-06-07 5
 RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big... Tahj 12-06-07 3
   RE: Any speculations on JACK lynkfri13 12-06-07 4
       THANKS! mistyrose52 12-07-07 6
 RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big... frodis 12-12-07 7
 Potential Spoiler mysticwolf 12-13-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-07, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big reveal to Tim next week??"
I don't think he has revealed his HIV status to the other designers. I think that's what this is all about and it's being overhyped (imagine that!).

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-06-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big reveal to Tim next week??"
That would be unfortunate, if true.

Just glad he doesn't spit mark......and yes, I realize it would make transmission more than highly unlikely. But that spit marking needs to stay on clothes she is going to wear.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-06-07, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big reveal to Tim next week??"
I'd just like to clear up a misconception about HIV transmission, if that's what the spit mark comment is referring to. According to the CDC, contact with saliva has never shown to result in the transmission of HIV.

Here's more info in case anyone is interested.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/transmission.htm

Tribe rocked my sig!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big reveal to Tim next week??"
It's not Kevin. It's Jack.

Tribe rocked my sig!

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-06-07, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Any speculations on JACK"
>It's not Kevin. It's Jack.
>
>
Thank you so much. I was beginning to think I was hallucinating after reading these posts. It WAS definitely JACK (winner of menswear challenge) who was shown on previews with Tim calling the designers together.

Actually I'd rather hear someone is cheating than that Jack is sick. I hope he's fine, but it's kind of ominous that the editors have felt the need to show him telling us about his HIV status.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "THANKS!"
Thank you for helping me out-my mind just doesn't get it right some time! I KNEW the face, but where the name popped out from, I just don't know!

In any case, I think his collegues DO know his HIV status-I've heard a few of them discuss it, in nonchallant ways. So, THAT wouldn't be a big deal. But it IS the same person, right??

Anyway, I just hope there isn't any cheating, or illness, or having to go home to a dying parent! I really like this group, and would hate to see any of them have to go home before their time!!!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-07, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Any speculations on Kevin's big reveal to Tim next week??"
It makes me kind of sad that the first conclusion people jump to is that this will have to do with the fact that Jack is HIV+. I understand why; it doesn't surprise me, but it's disappointing.

He has been living with HIV for 17 years. It would be colossaly bad timing for the disease to suddenly progress just in time for it to happen to him on TV. I just don't believe that's the case.

I have no speculation except to say that I don't think it has to do with HIV. Maybe I'm just hoping to see someone on a reality show who is living with HIV where it isn't the subject of a "very special episode."

~Holiday cheer from Tribe!~

Now watch me be wrong. I'll feel stupid AND sad.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-07, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Potential Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-07 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

Read only if you truly want to know. Hidden text follows.

Newsweek has an article about it today. Evidently, in addition to being HIV+ he contracted MRSA - the highly contagious, antibiotic resitant, staph virus that we've been hearing about lately. He spent 5 days in the hospital and is fine now.

In case they haven't shown the episode yet (I assume they haven't since this thread is still speculating) I won't spoil what happens on the show after he tells them but you can find it if you look at Newsweek's site.

"Silent Night. Holy Night. All is calm..."
Thanks to Tribe.
Edit to hide text properly

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •