The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-07, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
Spoiler information at the bottom of the thread....

That was some serious ugly going down the runway tonight. The producers really threw a challenge at the designers this time. They were to design an outfit for....

Tiki Barber, football great (OK, I zoned out as far as the position he had and what team he played for - I think he was a running back for the Giants?) and currently doing something on The Today Show. (Now I remember why I don't write summaries. I have the attention span of a gnat.)

Designing Men's wear. It's not for everyone. Or at least sewing men's wear isn't. As the following pics prove. Some of these clothes look like what we turned out in 9th grade HomeEc.

Carmen

sent this down the runway:

Nice scarf. Oh, wait! That's supposed to represent the shirt. Well. Moving right along...

Chris:

I liked this one.

Christian:

WTF?

Elisa:

I liked this. Spitgirl did good, IMO. But the model looks creepy.

Jack:

There's just something about the pants that looks off.

Jillian:

Not liking the shirt.

Kevin:

*channels the old lady inside me*
Tuck your shirt in, young man!
{/end channeling}

Kit:

Rami:

The jacket reminds me of a delivery guy.

Ricky:

Ricky ran out of time, and used lots of safety pins on his garment. Tiki said it looked like his 5 yr old child made this.

Steven:

I don't care for the scarf, but other than that, I like this outfit.

Sweet P:

I laugh, but I know that my HomeEc sewing didn't look much better.

Victorya:

So, after the runway, the top and bottom 6 were: Kevin, Jack, Kit, Ricky, Carmen, and Sweet P.

Kevin is in, Jack wins, Kit is in. Sweet P is in (looked like she was hurrying off the stage before they could change their minds). Ricky is in, Carmen is out.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 geg6 11-29-07 1
 RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 aquariaqueen 11-29-07 2
 RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 Sunny_Bunny 11-29-07 3
 RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 FishWoman 11-29-07 4
   RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 arkiegrl 11-29-07 5
       RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 geg6 11-29-07 6
           RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 FishWoman 11-29-07 12
   RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 geg6 11-29-07 7
       RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 Snidget 11-29-07 8
 RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 EMTBGRL 11-29-07 9
   RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 NewFan 11-29-07 10
       RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 FishWoman 11-29-07 13
   RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 topmodelchick 11-29-07 11
       RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 EMTBGRL 11-29-07 14
           RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 mistyrose52 11-30-07 15
           RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 topmodelchick 11-30-07 16
 RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07 SilverStar 12-05-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-07, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
OMH, what a train wreck! I was ROFLMAOing all over the place. Poor Tiki! Not much in the way of choices in this bunch.

Some truly and serious ugly going on. I just don't understand the major malfunctions for some of these people. Yes, men's wear has some high standards for tailoring, but what is so hard about slacks and a shirt?

Carmen - I don't care if she'd had another 3 days, that outfit was hideous. I agree with the whole Members Only comments about the jacket. And couldn't she have run up a quick shirt based on a t-shirt style just to have something? I can't sew much at all, but I probably could have managed that in a half hour or so. Not that it would have helped, but...

Chris - This was a pretty nice looking outfit. I thought it looked sleek and modern. Very nice.

Christian - Ack! That was some serious ugly there. I have no idea what the hell he was trying to do with that. The jacket looked like something Mr. McFeeley wore paired with a Star Trek shirt and pants that didn't fit. Nothing seems to go together at all. I can't imagine anyone wearing that.

Elisa - Spit Girl, LOL! But I gotta hand it to her. Not bad. She chose a very smart design in that it was very simple, casual, and (with the exception of the vest) unstructured. A little casual, IMHO, for Tiki's Today Show gig, but pretty damn good.

Jack - He seemed to one of the few who understood that getting it fairly right in the allotted time was more important than anything else. I liked it but would have loved it with the vest he originally planned. I like the stripe on stripe. I wear similar stuff and love how they can work. I'm not exactly on board with him winning, but I can understand why.

Jillian - I, too, am not liking the shirt. But! She made 4 pieces! And they don't look totally like carp! I'm sorry, but that impresses me. Especially considering what her competitors managed.

Kevin - This was my personal favorite. I really think he should have won. This outfit had a real point of view, was complete, and looked good on the runway. I wear my shirts untucked a lot exactly like that. And I'm a real old lady unlike you, dear Arkie, you young whippersnapper. IMHO, Kevin was robbed.

Kit - I loved this one, too. She made excellent choices with fabric and it just looks very pulled together to me. Any man would look good in that and I'll bet it's very comfortable with the fleece jacket. Casually elegant.

Rami - This guy can drape and tailor. No doubt about his skills there. However, the taste level on this is questionable. This looks like the UPS or FedEx guy. As well made as the jacket is, it's just fugly.

Ricky - Tried to do waaaaaaaaay too much with too little thought about making it look unique. He'd have been much better off with Jack's strategy of scaling back once it was clear there was no way to finish. He might have been able to save this.

Steven - I'm with you on the cravat thingy. This is a nice classic outfit. Not very original, but well-made with a sleek silhouette.

Sweet Pea - LOL! Another train wreck! She did do a good job on the slacks. That model's butt looked yummy in them. But the shirt!!!!!!! What the hell happened there????? That was the craziest looking collar I've ever seen! And the sleeves! Three-quarter length on a dress shirt? I don't think that was the original idea. Did she measure anyting at all on the shirt? The relief on her face when she made it through was priceless!

Victorya - The jacket was nice. There was something really weird going on with the rise on the pants. Perhaps she thought her model had more of a package than he really did!

Looks like a team challenge again next week. And lots of fighting. Love me some PR catfights!

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-29-07, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
Carmen: Oh man......draping the fabric was probably the best looking part!!!

Chris: Nice job...liking your style, I see you in the top 5, but not top 3, hopefully you'll surprise me and make it.

Christian: When are you going to wow me? Getting tired of the (eclectic) stuff. You're awfully cocky, and not showing me too much.

Elisa: "I liked this. Spitgirl did good, IMO. But the model looks creepy." I wholeheartedly agree!

Jack: I have a problem with stripes and and pinstripes, maybe it were broken up with a vest or sweater.

Jillian: it was okay, and I'll just assume there were not other shoes to choose from.

Kevin: I agree, "tuck your shirt in". I would have liked it better if it were tucked in and neat. Tiki dressed very classily, not disheveled.

Kit: Not remarkable.

Rami: New UPS uniform, maybe. Remember the "Update the Postal Service" challenge?

Ricky: It was going to be "ho-hum" even if he finished it. But certainly not the worst.

Steven: Until you posted the picture, I didn't know "what" was around his neck!!!!

Sweet P: Just be glad you weren't voted off the island this week. I would have sent him out with only the slacks and tie....

Victorya: It was okay, not real wild with the collar, it almost seemed like you made a mistake and had it inside out, but not too bad overall.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
I really liked the challenge last night. It wasn't because it produced 13 great fashion statements, (because wow, it produced 6 train wrecks) but because it was a humbling experience for 13 people who most likely thought their biggest challenge would be what sort of dress could they make out of trash, fruit, veggie, or plant. Anytime the producers of RTV toss in something unexpected that truly does trip the cast is IMO a good thing.

Menswear needs to be addressed more, as these days men are just as interested in looking good as the women. (exibit A: Ra's 8 boxes en route here that are devoted mostly to clothing.)

The biggest problems I saw were time management, and the hardest thing to sew well: (IMO) real collars.

Comments (from top to bottom)

1. Carmen. Ugly jacket, bad pants, stupid hat and shoes. This is bad, but I still think SweetPea was the one that should have gone.

2. Chris: Nice, safe monochromatic look.

3. Christian: Ill fitting jacket and pants. The poor hot model looks like he slept in that outfit, and didn't have very sweet dreams.

4. Elisa: Nice outfit. Boy, was I glad to not watch her spit on it, grind it into something "organic" or any of the other things she tends to do.

5. Jack: I see why he won. The stripes on both the shirt and trouser gives anyone a lean look, and the bias cuts on the shirt make it look ever so interesting and well made. Like Arkie, there is something not quite right about it, and I think it is because the shirt needed to be a bit more tailored, and the pants did as well. The guy looks a tad rectangular.

6. Jillian: Yep. Its a suit. You couldn't hem the danged thing so his pants don't pool around the shoe?

7. Kevin: Takes a cue from current womens fashion, wherein one lets the shirt hang below whatever is on top of it. Good idea for women, bad idea for men. He doesn't look put together and frankly, I don't like the lavender shirt.

8. Kit: I liked this. I like it better than the design that won.

9. Rami: My father is 85 and has that exact. same. outfit.

10. Ricky: Yep. It's a suit. A very poorly made, shabby suit.

11. Steven: Oh lord, dump the scarf, it looks horrible and does NOT disguise the poorly made collar.

12. Sweetpea: She obviously doesn't design much with collars, or is not all that comfortable making collar patterns (which I think may have been the real problem.) But good grief, she appears to have issues with sleeves as well! I remember the first time I made pajamas in home ec, the top kind of looked that bad. LOL. But she's not a first time sewer, and this was so bad that she should have been the one to go home.

13. Victoria: Nice suit but the jacket reminds me a bit of those horrible 50 style dinner jackets. LOL

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-29-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
I, too, was LMAO at some of what went down the runway, and agree that Carmen was absolutely the right choice to go. But I did like the lining on her jacket.

Chris - was alright. Just a little boring to me.

Christian - the model is officially my new t.v. boyfriend! What a cutie pie. Oh, the clothes! I really like the jacket and felt the slacks were well designed, but yeah, when I saw the shirt? Star Trek was the first thing that popped into my head as well. How can someone only 21 get the 80's every time?

Elisa - she's kind of insane, but she did a good job. I call b.s. on her "I don't touch other guys" line. Wasn't she the one being carried by Kevin and then piggy-backing on Jack? Maybe I am mixing her up with Jillian. But if not? Just fit the clothes on your model - you don't need to grab his thingie to dress him.

Jack - fantastic job. I see why he won (even though Kevin should have). I would also have liked to see the vest.

Jillian - that is an awfully wide collar young lady. But you did excellent work. I liked the whole outfit.

Kevin - I did like Jack's pants better than yours, but over all, liked your ensemble better. Heidi obviously didn't. She seemed surprised that Tiki said he would wear it tomorrow with a different shirt. I thought the colors rocked, and the outfit was hella sharp. You wuz robbed!

Kit - the jacket looked a little crooked to me. I just thought the whole thing was a little boring.

Rami - another one where the construction was good, but the outfit was boring. Maybe if the jacket had been a different colour?

Ricki - please do better on the next challenge. Your dress last week was gorgeous, and I would wear it. I have nothing to say about your boring, ill-fitting suit this week.

Steven - great look. But most guys are not going to wear the ascot!

Sweet P - you thought you were going home. Was that shirt a mess, or what? The pants were cool though!

Vyctoria - the jacket reminded me of a waiter.

makin' plates for 8 1/3 to 12

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-07, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
Wasn't she the one being carried by Kevin and then piggy-backing on Jack? Maybe I am mixing her up with Jillian. But if not?

Wasn't that Christian?

11-29-07, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
*nods*

Yup, it's Christian. Although why anyone would cart around his obnoxious azz is beyond me.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

11-29-07, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
Alright then, i take back my accusations of false modesty! I just saw someone tiny with dark hair.

- frozen fishsticks by Arkie Girl

11-29-07, 03:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
>Christian -
>when I saw the shirt?
>Star Trek was the first
>thing that popped into my
>head as well.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I was yelling at the TV, "Make it so, Number One!"

How can
>someone only 21 get the
>80's every time?

I know!!!!!!! WTF? He wasn't even sentient yet, for cod's sake!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-07, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
After he was born his parents couldn't afford to buy clothes ever again?

His hormones kicked in when VH-1 started playing I Love The Eighties?

Wasn't there a mercifully brief 80's retro revival, his hormones might have kick in around that time and warped him as well.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-07, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
I thought the top were Kevin and Kit. Tiki liked them both.

Kit used fleece for the jacket, which looked nice, but maybe too "dressed down?" There wasn't a lot of color beyond safe neutrals.

Kevin definitely heard Tiki say, "I'm not afraid to wear color, even pinks or pastels" when he explained the challenge, which other contestants seemed to lose in translation to their outfits. Tiki could have decided whether or not he wanted to tuck in the shirt of Kevin's creation. Honestly? I think it would have looked fine either way.

Therefore, I would have given Kevin the win (and felt that way when I saw it come down the runway.)

Jack would have improved tremendously with a vest or jacket to break up all the stripes. But finished and well made was superior to the complete disasters that left that studio!

Admittedly, Tiki looked nice on The Today Show with the winning outfit, but he looked unfinished to me imho.

Carmen was ABSOLUTELY the right person to be sent home! She didn't know what she was doing from the beginning, and didn't finish, either. When Tim told her to shift, she never recovered. If I were Carmen? I would have simply sat it out and cheered on the other contestants. I wouldn't have embarrassed myself and my model that way.

Ricky and SweetP should absolutely NOT consider still being on the show a victory of any kind!

And, geg? I'm with you! I thought "Earl Grey. Hot!" LOL!
It's interesting to see how many people on PR think "Star Trek" is a good show to model something "new." I'm waiting to see Kaylie's Ball Gown from Serenity! (Wanna take bets as to the show or the season?)

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-29-07, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
Turns out Kevin's hetero--who knew?

11-29-07, 06:26 PM (EST)
13. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
Ha! He has only told us Every. Freakin. Episode.

I get it. You are a straight, male, fashion designer. It isn't *completely* unheard of.

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-29-07, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-07 AT 06:06 PM (EST)

I think that Kevin should have won. Tiki did say he wears color and boy, he does wear it well and that lavendar would have looked great on him!

I'm not sure about Carmen getting the boot though - I mean it was a toss up for me between her and Hat Guy, but the hat guy's outfit was really, really bad with the safetypins and such shining up the runway.......

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
I'm not sure about Carmen getting
>the boot though - I
>mean it was a toss
>up for me between her
>and Hat Guy, but the
>hat guy's outfit was really,
>really bad with the safetypins
>and such shining up the
>runway.......

Yeah, it was bad. At the same time? Carmen tried to pass off a baby blue scarf as a shirt. Isn't that worse than safety pins and boring? Was there anything about Carmen's outfit that you liked?(I'm curious)

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-30-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
As Heidi put it so well, "I guess they all think they're better than they really are!". Says it all, doesn't it??

They were hit with something-totally blindsided, if you will-that they never in a million would have thought they'd have to do! Design, not just for a man, but for a JOCK! WOWEEE, Kermit, that is one heck of a challenge!

I remember my mom used to make shirts for my brother, and oh, lordeee, were they hideous! The sleeves were puffy, and the collars were closer to something that would be on MY dresses! Jerry Seinfield would have died before he would have shown up on TV with one of those things! AND they were flannel, with cowboy print!!! Can you imagine??? My poor brother-the town's Fonzie, trying to be nice and NOT wear those things!!! LOL!!!

No wonder he's been in therapy for the last 20 years....

Anyway, I'm not sure why they decided on Carmen, except that out of the last 3-Sweet P, hat guy, and her, she made the most ridiculous choices?? But hanging a tie over an un-finished collar-how much worse can THAT get?? And I agree, Sweet P was actually running for her life when they told her she was good to go! Too funny! Poor hat guy-the tears! Will he ever recover?? Let's just hope next week's competition will redeem those two and we can all move on and see the goodness and the best that is yet to come! Or something like that....

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-07, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
I kinda liked Carmen's jacket - it was just tooo short, but her pants were bad, and it was bad that she tried to throw some fabric on the man to make a shirt, she should have left him shirtless - the hat guy just is sooo working every nerve I have - I just would have like to have seen him gone

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-07, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: PR4, Ep 3, 11/28/07"
I don't have much to add to what all of you have said, except that I didn't like Elisa's outfit at all. He looked like a wood elf or something. All he needs are some pointy shoes and he could get a job working with Santa at a mall.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •