The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-26-07, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07"
I'm guessing everyone has been too busy with Thanksgiving to talk about episode 2.

This week was one of the "team" projects. The designers were told they would be designing for a very popular fashion icon, who would be a special guest judge. Their guesses as to who it would be ranged from Madonna to Snow White. You're designing for.....

OMG!

Sarah Jessica Parker!

The designers are told to design a two piece outfit for the everyday woman, based on SJP's "Bitten" line. The outfit is to retail for $40, so the budget is $15. Each designer will pitch his/her outfit to SJP, and she will pick 7 designs. Those 7 designers will pick from the remaining 7 designers to help them with their outfits. The winning design "may" be sold as part of SJP's line.

They were paired as follows:
Christian & Carmen, Christian's design
Elisa & Sweet P, Elisa's design
Kit & Chris, Kit's design
Marion & Steven, Marion's design
Rami & Jillian, Rami's design
Ricky & Jack, Ricky's design
Victorya & Kevin, Victorya's design

We discover that Elisa makes her cut marks by spitting on the material. Momma always did tell me I should wash new clothes before I wear them.

The runway pics:

Christian & Carmen:

Elisa & Sweet P:

Kit & Chris:

Marion & Steven:

Rami & Jillian:

Ricky & Jack:

Victorya & Kevin:

The judges rated Victorya and Elisa's as the top two, with Victorya winning the challenge and being told that her design *will* be a part of the Bitten line. Christian and Marion end up in the bottom two. Carmen is asked if she thinks that both members of the losing team should be eliminated or not. She is unable to answer the question. When Christian is asked, he said that Carmen should not be eliminated, as she did exactly what he wanted with his design. Steven, however, didn't seem to have any problem with saying that since it was Marion's design, Marion should be the one to go if they are the losing team.
After deliberations, the judges decided that only one team member would go, and Marion got auf'd.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07 aquariaqueen 11-26-07 1
   RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07 arkiegrl 11-26-07 3
 RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07 Snidget 11-26-07 2
   RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07 arkiegrl 11-26-07 4
 RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07 geg6 11-27-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-26-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07"
Again, thanks for the pictures!!

Oh my gosh, didn't you think that Marion and Stephens garment probably smelled like moth balls? And itchy as well? It almost looked like an over-dramatic portrayal of a homeless person's garment.

Victorya and Kevin's was nice, not particularly my style, but I could see SJP wearing it!

Rami and Jillian's outfit looked like more than 15 bucks, that's for sure!!! Even Kit and Chris'....

Elisa and Sweet P's was very nice as well.

And Christian....Hon, I don't know what to tell you but I am done with the over the top dramatics!!!!

And what is with the crew cut blonde guy who is always squinting???? A nervous habit, or what? Very distracting.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-26-07, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07"
Something about M & S's outfit makes me think it would smell more like a wet dog. I agree, it does look itchy. I get itchy just looking at it.

I'm with you on Christian. He just needs to get over himself already!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-07, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07"
Is it just me or did the winning dress have about 3 times the amount of fabric it needs. I know that loose can hide somethings, but it IMO makes that size 2 model look like a size 14, I'm afraid of what it would do to any normal sized woman. I could barely see how cute the vest was for the tent of a dress that was under it.

What is with the leggings? Why weren't they also told they were stuck in the 1980's. I think I had the red dress back in high school.

The only outfit I liked was Elisa's which shocked me. I actually kinda liked the style of the losing outfit, it needed to be tailored a bit differently and a better fabric but at least it had some style to it that I found at least a little bit interesting.

11-26-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
4. "RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07"
Being someone who wears the high end of plus sizes, I wouldn't wear the winning outfit because it would look like either a maternity outfit or a tent. Of course, considering my size, it would probably BE a tent.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR4, Episode 2 - 11/21/07"
I hate these team challenges. Someone always gets through who shouldn't because they have a team member who pulls their azzes out of the fire or someone looks bad who wouldn't if not for the insane person leading the team. But I do have to say, this was the one forum I was wishing I could post on over my birthday/Thanksgiving vacation.

1) Christian and Carmen - I wouldn't have worn that thing even back in 1984. Hideous. She, from what I've seen so far, has horrible taste and he's a horse's azz with an elephant-sized ego that seems completely unjustified. I haven't yet been impressed with his stuff. The plaid jacket the first week was cute but the skirt looked like a diaper. And this? This was...I don't even know what that was. A Star Trek uniform maybe?

2) Elisa and Sweet Pea - Elisa should thank her lucky stars for Sweet Pea because it would have been a disaster without her. And the spit mark? If I had been that model, I'd have refused to touch that thing unless it was cleaned. I loved the dress but, man, I hate capes. So, so 70s.

3) Kit and Chris - cute and young. I liked it but would have liked some color in it.

4) Marion and Steven - ACK! Ugliest thing I've ever seen. And it made me break out in hives just looking at that fabric. I was watching it with a man who has no fashion sense whatsoever and even he was appalled.

5) Rami and Jillian - I liked it. I can see almost any woman wearing that. Again, color would have been nice.

6) Ricky and Jack - my favorite of the bunch. Just beautiful. And simple. And flattering to almost anyone. I can't figure out for the life of me why this didn't win. So, so cute. I'd wear that in a minute.

7) Victorya and Kevin - cute, I guess. If you're about 6' and weigh about 100 pounds. And have fabulous legs. And don't mind looking like you're going to graduation ceremony. I really didn't like it at all but could see SJP wearing it (but then Samantha was the SITC character I've always felt closest to). Then I went into Steve and Barry's yesterday and saw it up close and personal. Even more hideous. I can't believe this won.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •