The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-15-07, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
I'm totally suprised! I know that I'VE been waiting a very long time to get this show back on the air, and I couldn't wait to see this! And it really DID deliver!

OK, so it wasn't that exciting-it was just the same old, same old, with different faces, but still......we're starting over, and getting to know the contestants, and their personal styles, quirks, etc.

I for one, did like Rami's outfit, but wonder what he'll do when he gets thrown out of his element. Since I can't remember the other contestant's names so well, it would be pointless to go over too much here, but just wondering-where are the rest of you who have waited so long??? DID YA FORGET TO WATCH????

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... FishWoman 11-15-07 1
 RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... Snidget 11-15-07 2
 RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... aquariaqueen 11-15-07 3
 RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... geg6 11-15-07 4
   RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... Sunny_Bunny 11-15-07 9
 RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... SilverStar 11-15-07 5
   RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... aquariaqueen 11-15-07 6
   RE: fabric pooing lynkfri13 11-16-07 10
       RE: fabric pooing Sunny_Bunny 11-16-07 11
           RE: fabric pooing geg6 11-16-07 12
               RE: fabric pooing Sunny_Bunny 11-16-07 13
                   RE: fabric pooing geg6 11-16-07 14
                       RE: fabric pooing Sunny_Bunny 11-16-07 15
 RE: WHAT?? No comments about last n... PhoenixMons 11-15-07 7
 I am glad that he won but... moonbaby 11-15-07 8
 The dresses arkiegrl 11-20-07 16
   RE: Thank you lynkfri13 11-23-07 17
   RE: The dresses NanaWolf 11-25-07 18
   RE: The dresses aquariaqueen 11-25-07 19
 Episode One - Finally in Canada trigirl 01-08-08 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-15-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-07 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

Good morning, MistyRose!

I watched last night - I am happy this show is back on the air.

Initial impressions - all the contestants seemed nice enough. I jotted down names, but am unsure I have them all correct.

For the challenge, I thought the following looked good - Chris March, Kevin, Jilliam, Victorya, Rami, Jack, and Stephen.

I thought these were okay - not great, but not horrid - Sweet pea, Simone, Ricky, Marion, and Elisa

I didn't know what to make of Carmen's and Kit's designs, and I thought Christian's was ugly (apparently the judges disagreed).

With luck, the show will stick to the design challenges and minimize the interpersonal drama this year.

- frozen fishsticks by Arkie Girl
Edited to delete a half-dozen sigpics!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
I start way too many episode threads as it is...

It's on the DVR, I really only watch shows I segcap live.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-15-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
I had this show written down on the calendar!!

I think Simone was the one to be voted off. Felt sorry for heavy guy who couldn't run like the others, but his dress was stunning! And believable!

A few whackos in the bunch, but I love the flair it brings.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
*comes into thread with her hands over her eyes*

I'm soooooooo pissed! I've waited months for this, drove like a fury trying to get home from a financial aid presentation at a local high school, and what happens?

The cable signal goes on the fritz for the last 20 minutes of the show. And only Bravo was affected. WTF????

So I'll have to catch up this weekend's re-broadcast. And I'll be back to comment, don't you worry.

Since I refuse to read any other posts for fear I'll see too much and spoil it, I don't know if anyone has said this yet. But Artiste! girl needs to go. Immediately. I hate her and her pretensions.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
Oh come now Geg. We have a female Santino! LOL

Loved Heidi's comment: "It looked like the dress was pooing fabric." lmao!!!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
I was really hoping that Elisa would be the one sent home. The model couldn't even WALK in her dress, which might be ok if the dress was something spectacular, but it wasn't, IMO. I didn't think Simone's was all that bad, and I definitely thought it was better than Elisa's.

I loved Rami's dress. He deserved the win.

11-15-07, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
I understand what you're saying...but Elise's dress was beautiful and done well in the front, she just had some CRAZY crazy idea to do with the back.

Simone's was poorly done and not well fitted. Heck, she had to sew the girl into it since she ran out of time.

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-16-07, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: fabric pooing"
Absolutely. That dress had fabric diarrhea (with raw edges and awful seams on the train.
AND a professional walker (model) could not walk 10 steps in it?

WHY do they keep designs that are useless to any living woman?

why keep in a dress no one could ever wear in any situation no matter how edgy or artsy or whatever?

That dress was fabric diarrhea!

Simone's dress wasn't good, but a human could actually WEAR it!

11-16-07, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: fabric pooing"
Hi lynkfri13, nice to see you.

As I said before, the dress was (as Kors put it) a train wreck. But they are not going to get rid of her right away because she's this seasons Santino/Angela -- you know, the one who is way, way "out there" who will provide either 1) the eclectic artiste ego (Santino) or 2) The designer with a lame signature that she wants to convey no matter what they are told to design (Angela) or both, which is the vibe I got from this one.

She (like Angela) will sqeek through week after week just for the "feather ruffling" factor.

11-16-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: fabric pooing"
Can't say I disagree with you re: Elyse. She's the nutjob this season, I guess. My problem is that I only see her as more of an Angela, the one I never figured out what the hell she was doing there in the first place.

Say what you will about Santino (and he was definitely a nutjob!), but he had real talent to back up the mighty ego. Heaven knows, I'd have worn almost anything he and Daniel showed at Bryant Park (and absolutely nothing that Chloe ever showed, not just at Bryant Park but through the whole season--worst winner ever!). And he had a great sense of humor to go along with that massive ego.

This Elyse? I just don't see any sort of real talent yet and probably won't. I'll never get past the stupid, idiotic hippie, artiste! persona that just makes me want to throw up.

And next time I discuss her, I won't be pulling punches like I am now! LOL!

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

11-16-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: fabric pooing"
Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved Santino and his final collection was really good. He definitely had talent that backed up his ego, and I have to admit that were I to know him in RL, I'd most likely call him one of my favorite friends - I love having people around me with unusual/unique/artistic personalities.

LOL, I knew Elise was going to be different when she tossed that silk on the ground to give it "organic" features of grass stains. Then, when it came time to articulate her "vision" all she could do was use words out of an old Batman episode. LOL

11-16-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
14. "RE: fabric pooing"
*rolls eyes*

Yeah, I know I've always found grass stains to be mighty attractive. /snark

And did you see any of the previews for next week? Apparently she decides saliva is even more attractive than grass stains.

I know I'll be throwing things at my TV.

11-16-07, 05:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: fabric pooing"
Nina: So Elise, what were you thinking when you came up with this design?

Elise: Well, first I wanted the front to go dowwwwwwn, and I wanted it vibrant! And then I looked at the back and thought pah! Zah! pow!

Nina when the camera turned off: Oh yeah, that explained it perfectly. *rolls eyes*

I know I'll be throwing things at my TV.

A few years ago, I got Ra and the boys a goodie bag for game day. One of the things included in the bag were dart guns with suction cups that they could shoot at the ref's when they made bad calls.

You and I are going to "borrow" those guns for this new season.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-15-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WHAT?? No comments about last night's show??"
Well, I was anxiously awaiting the new season and was a bit let down after last night's runway showdown. THe vast majority didn't 'wow' me at all. I kind of wish they'd have stayed with the usual first episode weird item challenge as a result. Given that they had so much great fabric and absolutely NO limitations, I thought they were, as a group, unimpressive. I think last season's crew would have whipped up much more interesting and more stunning garments. I did like the idea of letting them loose in the first episode for the fans' and judges' sake (getting to know the designer's style right away without the hindrance of having to make clothing out of garbage or produce, lol), but I was disappointed after the end result.

I loved the winning dress by Rami (both the color and fabric choices were perfect) and also liked Chris March's piece. I liked Christian's as well..not sold on the black trim on the front but it was very well-made and stylish. Kit's design was nice and I loved the main fabric she used but I didn't like the red paired with it. I also liked the b/w dress with teal trim (forget who made it). For the most part though, I was underwhelmed. Hopefully next week will be better! Perhaps I'm just biased because I loved last season so much...

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I am glad that he won but..."
based on what we've seen of his shop could he be Rami One Note?

Quite the large ego on the cocky little guy with the gumby hairdo. He did the plaid jacket/black boa and skirt thing. Meh.

That dress with the train, LOL, it looked like some fabric monster was clinging on to the back of an otherwise decent looking garment.

The babydoll dress from the lingerie maker was cute and incredibly wearable for ya know, a regular person. Dangerous line to cross on this show. The judges don't go for that.

Trying to think if anything else stood out for me. Can't say. Oh, I did find the overuse of "Make it work" a little annoying. That can stop.

Make it smirk.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-07, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "The dresses"
Just in case I'm not the only one who has a hard time remembering who some of the designers are, and what they sent down the runway.

Carmen:

Chris:

Christian:

Elisa:

Jack:

Jillian:

Kevin:

Kit:

Marion:

Rami:

Ricky:

Simone:

Steven:

Sweet P:

Victorya:

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-23-07, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Thank you"
Thanks for the pics! they really help in remembering the designs, especially in the first few weeks, when there are so many designers!

(I know you can see dresses at Bravo site, but it's nice to have them handy here)

NanaWolf 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-25-07, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NanaWolf Click to send private message to NanaWolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The dresses"
Thank you arkiegrl!

As a dialup user, I find the Bravo site really tough to navigate. Having the line up here is awesome!!!

11-25-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: The dresses"
Thank you for all the pics, I just loved Chris'. I would buy and wear that, well, if I ever got to go some place nice.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-08-08, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Episode One - Finally in Canada"
Loved Chris', Jack's and even Elisa's...minus the pooh.

Didn't love the idea of giving the designers free reign on the very first task.

I am so excited that the show is back!!!!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •