The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Beebop123 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-03-06, 04:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Beebop123 Click to send private message to Beebop123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
I attended Rhonda's Body Image Bootcamp in Austin, Texas, which was based on her book, "Get Over Your Body and On With Your Life.' My experience at bootcamp was truly a $3000.00 nightmare. Why, why, why did I do this to myself!!! I feel like such an a$$! I should have consulted you guys before wasting a week of my life with this woman. Rhonda is not the person she portrays on Starting Over.

I have to tell you that I am sooo over Rhonda Britten. I never in a million years thought that I would ever have thought that, nor have it as a confirmed belief. She is very, very arrogant and prideful...very full of herself.

Here is part of an email that a fellow bootcamper sent me regarding her bootcamp experience: "As for the Body Bootcamp -- I am totally unimpressed, actually. It was certainly overpriced. I don't mind saying that I don't feel like there was any life-changing work going on at all. And honestly I didn't appreciate Rhonda's demeanor/behavior and really don't feel she had any expertise in what she was saying at all - no more than the rest of us just from our everyday lives. We spent way too much time hearing about her boyfriend or things in her life and not near enough time processing our own stuff. The few processes that we did could have been done in less than a day if we'd actually just done them."

I have learned that no one has the secret to unlocking your life, only you can do that for yourself. If you are thinking of doing any of her workshops, DON'T DO IT!!! You will waste your time and your money.

I understand that there are many who say how wonderful she is when they meet her in person, but those people haven't spent a week with Rhonda and weren't exposed to the side of her that we were exposed to at bootcamp. The experience didn't offer any long lasting tools or life changing knowledge. She's thinking of doing this bootcamp again. If you consider going, DON'T, DON'T, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... JustBNMe 07-03-06 1
   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... alaholly 07-03-06 2
       RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... petmama 07-19-06 8
 RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... turquiosedove 07-03-06 3
 RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... maryellennaco 07-03-06 4
   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... Shazbot 07-04-06 6
       RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... MichaelB 07-19-06 7
           RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... sharnina 07-19-06 9
               RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... MichaelB 07-19-06 10
                   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... dopeydwarf 07-19-06 11
                   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... buttercup2 07-20-06 14
               RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... Anne18 07-20-06 12
                   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... MichaelB 07-20-06 13
                       RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... EMTBGRL 07-29-06 15
                           RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... alaholly 07-30-06 16
                               RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... EMTBGRL 07-30-06 17
                                   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... wallyhoohoo 08-18-06 18
                                       RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... EMTBGRL 08-19-06 19
                                           RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... MichaelB 08-20-06 20
                                               RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... LuvF1 08-22-06 21
                                                   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... petmama 08-22-06 22
   RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... scooter136 08-22-06 23
       RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... sharnina 08-23-06 24
           RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disap... Hooters 08-23-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-03-06, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Did she give you any homework to do each day to help you discover things about yourself and/or to help you? What did she talk about for a week? What side was exposed that was upsetting and made you feel so vehemently that she is arrogant and prideful? Some others who went posted on other MB that they liked it very much. I am not disputing what you say at all just curious about what you experienced.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-03-06, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Sorry you had to find out about Rhonda the hard way.

The way she behaved on TV made her seem exactly like the way you experienced her...very arrogant and full of herself. She acted like she had all the answers when she really had very little training or experience other than her own sad life. I would imagine that she would spend a lot of time talking about herself because that's all she has. She did not do well with anyone who had serious issues. If their problems couldn't be solved with a ridiculous exercise or silly Andy Paige makeover, they were out of luck and went home probably worse off than when they arrived. She never seemed warm or sincere and often showed what appeared to be a bit of a mean streak. She's the kind of person I would steer clear of in real life. She needs a good therapist herself.

Can you get your money back?

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Last year, I read, on the offial SOMB, that a poster went to one of Rhonda's appearances where she copped a really obnoxious, dismissive attitude toward a member of the audience.

turquiosedove 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-03-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail turquiosedove Click to send private message to turquiosedove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"

Wow Beebop, sorry you lost all that money. I would write a letter of disappointment to Rhonda and her staff and list everything you disliked, also tell the Better Business Bureau. Did you pay by credit/debit card? I would dispute that right away. You should also blog this fiasco and let others know about this experiece.
Her marketing degree speaks volumes, just go to her website, blech...

Sig by Sharnina!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-03-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
I'm sorry you had to experience that AND spend the big $$$ to do it!! Maybe you CAN get your money back or at least a refund of some of it?? BOTH Rhonda & Iguana were in Texas this week. Man, they need to leave us alone already!! Iguana was at the EXPERIENCE thingamajig in Houston over this past weekend. Giving spiritual advice, no less. I don't think she was charging $3 grand for the sage advice, though. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-04-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Wow Beebop, thanks for your post. It would be very interesting to hear more details. I guess where there's smoke (SO behaviour) there's fire. It's too bad that you had to learn that way, but we're all human.

What you describe sounds a lot like the way she was at Lisa's dinner party, where the viewer got to see her interact with people socially, and not connected (except for Lisa) to the SO house. She came off as the full-of-herself never-shut-up-guest we never want to be around... and was VERY comfortable being that way.

What - did the tragedy in her life give her permission to tell herself she's the greatest thing since sliced bread? All kinds of people deal with tragedy, and don't resort to this type of self-centeredness. And really, what on earth is her great, secret message... really, what is it?

I think too that manipulation plays a huge role in her repetoire. Perhaps she has charisma... and the fact that this kind of stuff works and gets people to pay good money, and spend their time is disturbing. Many could cut out therapy if they'd just pick up a good novel. I am not discounting someone who really benefits from therapy. But it doesn't appear that many who would engage in this are suffering in that way. So what is this age we live in, without substance, where people want to believe in this stuff and a clever Rhonda Britten can step in and cultivate it?

I know I've seen a video clip of her somewhere shaking hands with the audience at one of these gatherings. She does sparkle. I was drawn to that myself, but the more I think about it that failed-actress background is appropriate... she does seem to want to be up on stage in front of a large crowd. If she wants to help people... there are lots of ways to do it, without all the fame and fortune.

MichaelB 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-19-06, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MichaelB Click to send private message to MichaelB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
This whole Life Coach thing is the aluminum siding of this decade.
It's the old Swami routine. If she started this back in the fifties she would be wearing a turbin and ending every sentence with a "cha-ching' on her finger cymbols. What she's a genius at is marketing herself. You don't need to shell out all this money, just use common sense in your daily life:

Don't eat until your britches explode.
Don't marry a drunk or anyone who has EVER been in prison.
Get a job and keep it so you can pay your bills.
You can't be happy all the time. That's why these books and seminars don't work.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-19-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
This? has to be the single best post I have ever seen on this site. You could make millions! with that advice.

Nah - it's too easy.

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

07-19-06, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MichaelB Click to send private message to MichaelB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
I forgot one.

DO NOT buy your new boyfriend a brand new truck so he can go look for work.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-19-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"

and this one--works in business as well as love

If they leave once,they'll leave again.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

buttercup2 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-20-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buttercup2 Click to send private message to buttercup2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Here's mine:

Whatever you order off of TV is never as cool as it seemed in the commercial.

Anne18 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-20-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Anne18 Click to send private message to Anne18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Sharnina,

I agree! Michael's advice is excellent - and free!! LOL

Thank you for posting that Michael!

Anne

07-20-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
You're welcome!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-29-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Here's mine:

If he's always too busy for you? He's not interested.

If he says he's divorced? Ask WHEN he separated and got divorced. If it was last month? he's not ready to be dating, yet. It doesn't matter how awful he SAYS the woman was, if you didn't know her, you don't know what's true and what isn't. He's not looking for a relationship, he's looking for a good time. That good time is YOU. If it's been more than two years? that's different.

Someone badmouthing their ex also speaks volumes about them. after all, they saw something in this person once enough to date, marry them. Someday? It could be YOU they are badmouthing, when things are going badly, or don't work out.

Actions, not words, defines someone's character.

People really DON'T change. Never, never go down the aisle thinking, "This marriage will be perfect when--" if you don't LOVE everything about the person, including what annoys you about them, DON'T marry them. What you used to think was slightly annoying will be GRATING quickly into the marriage.

don't continue the relationship, either.

Find a partner that likes to do what you like to do in your spare time. Find someone that you could talk to for the rest of your life comfortably. Find someone that has the same sense of humor as you. And, if you can picture sitting next to your partner, in your rocking chair, and unable to do anything but talk to each other, or sit their together, would you be happy? If the answer is "yes" you are a good match. If no? keep looking or get more interested in what he or she does in their spare time!

Cats are easier to maintain than a relationship with a person.

People usually are honest about who they are, and what they want on a first date. Believe them. Know thyself. Don't ignore your "deal breakers." 7/10 isn't good enough.

If you really don't want to see someone for a second date, end the night with, "Thank you for this evening." Don't exchange numbers or lead them on to believe you will be calling back!

The best way to approach a first date? have a second date planned with someone else!

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Apparently the word is out that Rhonda is doing this again in October. It would be nice if there was a way to warn potential clients aboout how the last workshop worked out.

07-30-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Maybe potential clients will log on here? One can hope---otherwise, it's probably not possible to warn people hell bent on going in advance. It's too bad---

wallyhoohoo 33 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-06, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wallyhoohoo Click to send private message to wallyhoohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
i am making an uneducated guess that rhonda's bootcamp doesnt have any sessions on grooming. the woman has the goofiest hairdos on earth. does anyone know where i can send my hairdresser to give rhonda tips about washing and styling her hair?

i know this sounds stupid, but hey, rhonda isnt einstein and while our appearance isnt supposed to matter, i wouldnt hire her to walk my dog if she cant take care of herself. it is one thing to have a rough life and another thing to think looking like hell is ok. if you had job openings, and rhonda interviewed, would you hire her?

08-19-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
if you had job
>openings, and rhonda interviewed, would
>you hire her?

Ummmmm....Not just "No" Flat out "No!"

Can you IMAGINE her telling patients to "trust the process if they want to live??!!" No thanks! Being an EMT has enough pressure without having to deal with psychos in the back of the bus/ambulance. (Yes, Rhonda.)

Besides, I can't see Rhonda "cow towing" enough to be able to wear Bates boots and a uniform, can you?

In fact, I can't imagine Rhonda being hired ANYWHERE I've ever worked! (Maybe it's why she's a self-proclaimed "life coach?" Just a thought.)

08-20-06, 09:42 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
I hope she saved her money. I think this lifecoach baloney is going the way of Christina's leg warmers.

LuvF1 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LuvF1 Click to send private message to LuvF1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
After season 1 one of the people that was in the house (Remember the girl that got booted that was learning how to drive?) She had said that she was glad to get off the show cause Rhonda was extremely bossy and overbearing!!

I can see her being that way...I mean who in their right mind would dress a grown woman in a baby outfit and make her go out in public. That alone would make a person need therapy!!!!!

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Putting someone like Lisa in a baby dress never would've occurred to me. I would've immediately begun putting Lisa on track to becoming an independent adult. Going out and spending the day at jobs in such places as shops and cafes would've been Lisa's first assignments. Besides, I don't thing she ever got the point of wearing that baby dress. She seemed to enjoy it too much. If I were Rhonda, when Lisa began throwing her "I want my cookieeeee!!!!" tantrum, I would've realized the assignment wasn't working. And, told Lisa to take off that stupid baby dress and put her own clothes back on.

scooter136 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scooter136 Click to send private message to scooter136 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
can someone tell me the addy for Rhonda's web sight I would really like to read it

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-23-06, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
There is a whole thread dedicated to links for SO houseguests and LifeCoaches, but -

www.fearlessliving.org

A Tribe Original
God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

Hooters 31 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-06, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hooters Click to send private message to Hooters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rhonda's Boot Camp - Huge Disappointment!!!"
Ms Rhonda needs to get a real job & quit f'ing with the lives of real people. She should be subjected to the things she's put the houseguest through the past 3 years. She couldn't & wouldn't take it.....but then again, she just might. She'd have been on TV & let's face it, that's what it's all about for this nut case!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •