The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-15-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
Other sites get all of these fluffy interviews with SO grads. So, I thought perhaps if we left some questions for them like cookies on x-mass eve for old St Nick, perhaps we will get some answers. Maybe another poster could answer the question as well. May be informative, fun and well...it's another new thread, right?

So, if I could get any one of them and ask anything I want , what would it be?

SEASON 1.

1. Amy: congrats on the birth of your son. But what's up with that hair, girl? Did you ever get your own "life" going seperate from dad and hubby? Was the hair a statement on your individuality?

2. Hailey: Why did you let people take photos of you sitting on the potty? I mean, despite my name of being creepy and old, I am not that far out of my 20's. This is just crass and will eventually bite you in your a--.

3. Leah: MIA. What happened?

4. Josie: I wish you and Chole well. Did being on SO change /help your life any?

5. Rain: What are you doing now?

SEASON 2:
1. Debora: Uh....well....are you kind of nuts? Do you regret leaving the house?

2. Jennifer: How's the relationship going with your father?

Season 3:

1. Kim: Do you have any type of relationship with your mother?

2. Lisa A: So, you are divorced. Now what?

3. Antonia: Did you learn anything from the Ethan Allen assignment?

Rhonda: You changed through out the seasons. Which one did you think was the most real?

Dr.Stan: What are you going to do now?

Iyanla: Why are you now on a gory looking tv show?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If you could interview SO ladie... SeasonedRefinement 06-15-06 1
   RE: If you could interview SO ladie... sm2 06-15-06 2
 RE: If you could interview SO ladie... c_ya_so 06-15-06 3
   RE: If you could interview SO ladie... jubeaners 06-15-06 5
 RE: If you could interview SO ladie... GoodnightLittleBear 06-15-06 4
   RE: If you could interview SO ladie... creepyoldwoman 06-16-06 6
   RE: If you could interview SO ladie... sharnina 06-16-06 9
 RE: If you could interview SO ladie... Anne18 06-16-06 7
 RE: If you could interview SO ladie... eire_heart74 06-16-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-15-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
Oh, I couldn't agree more. The puff pieces are useless. Outside of Reality TV sites, I was surprised to see that any mainstream publication interviewed these women (Antonia and The Boston Glove). I guess it falls under the category of Human Interest, because they haven't really done anything noteworthy.

Anyway, after taking smokeysmom's challenge (in another thread) to try, just for fun, to navigate the hodge-podge that is Jill's website, I found a link that took me to one of those Reality TV puff pieces. I got a few paragraphs into it and realized that this was just more of the same stuff that I could read on Jill's site. But I did notice this:

Interviewer: "Jill came to the Starting Over house to escape her mother, and also wished to lose a little of the extra weight she was carrying. By the time she left, she lost weight..."

"Escape her mother"? Ouch! Sorry Lynda, but that IS the thanks you get for raising this well-fed woman, and for sinking all of your savings into her doomed fashion design business.

We all know that Jill came to the Starting Over House hoping to revive a dead career. She needed to lose quite a bit more than "a little of the extra weight she was carrying" -- she needed to lose 150 pounds. She lost weight while in the house? Well, a small amount of weight - maybe - and that's a HUGE maybe. But I didn't notice her clothing hanging off of her by the time she left the house. As for Jenny Craig? Well, who knows what happened to her counselor, Bill, and the weekly weigh-ins. They just....faded away.

I'd love to see something honest, but to find that we'll have to read opinion pieces. It's all for fun anyway, nothing they have to say, true or false, would change anybody's lives but their own.

So, if it was available somewhere, I'd love to read an interview that would directly address questions like these:

Allison: What was your real reason for coming back to the SO house a second time? I know what Iyanla said - something about all the work you had to do, but I'm not interested in the spin. I'd like to know what you were thinking when you said, through tears, "yes, please" when she asked you if you wanted to return the following season. If it was to recover from your radical surgeries, wouldn't a private environment, one without cameras, strangers, arguments, and emotional outbursts, be more conducive to healing? Wouldn't the ability to listen to music, watch a movie, or just get together with your friends and family, be much more relaxing than the unnatural atmosphere in that house? If it was for emotional healing, couldn't your surgeon give you a referral to a private counselor or a support group? Do you honestly believe that your motives were selfless - as in being an inspiration for women who were facing life threatening illnesses? Was SO the place to do that? You had the benefit of experience after participating in season two, so didn't you realize that you were running the risk of having those same women wanting to distance themselves from you because of your bad behavior on screen? Allison, it all points to one thing -- wanting to be on television again. If your real reason for returning had something to do with grabbing an opportunity that might lead to personal fame, why are you so afraid to just admit that?

Jill: Have you considered having your jaw wired shut? It could kill two birds with one stone.

And, this one is the one that troubles me, because a child is involved:

Christina: How are you planning to address your Starting Over confessions in the future? For example, when an eight year old Jackson comes home from school crying and says, "Zack said that his mom saw you on TV a long time ago. The kids are saying that you took your clothes off and danced in front of other people and that they put money in your underware. I told him that if he didn't stop lying about you, I'd punch him in the mouth! Mom, they had pictures that they said were you, but I couldn't get them away from Zack. Ashley said you were a hooker....what's that? And I'm not invited to Olivia's birthday party."

These three women are the ones who are the freshest in my memory, and they probably bothered me the most. Thanks for the idea - it's a good topic.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
I guess my questions would be:

Allison, what did/does your church think about you being on TV and the antics you pulled. Also, why is the Allison Stanley web-site gone?? How do they feel about you scamming people for money?

Lisa: what on earth made you come on the show?

Jessica: If you were trying to overcome your Mother's passing with out the media all over you, why did you pick a nationally televised show to do it?

All I can think of now.

c_ya_so 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-15-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail c_ya_so Click to send private message to c_ya_so Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-06 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

kelly: you say that you came out of the house with more compassion and forgiveness. so why can't you forgive your sister? where is the forgiveness and compassion for someone who WANTS to have a relationship with you.

christie: why can't you go to school and get a degree or a skill?
why can't you get a JOB? making cheap ugly candles is a HOBBY not a career.
what makes you think you are pretty enough to be a model?
is it your "plain jane" looks, or you overweight out of proportioned body? what?
what makes you so vain?
why are you only giving to others when it benefits you?

christina: what DID you actually GET out of the starting over house?
did you learn a SKILL beyond hustling? why can't YOU go to school to learn a skill or get a degree? otherwise what is the point of getting your GED if you don't use it to further your life skills?

ally: did you come back to SO to get famous? sympathy? or to get connected into the "entertainment" world? what?
why ONLY did you want to work with a "celebrity" based charity?
why?????????????????
why haven't you OPENED up your "site" back up to all your adoring fans?
why aren't you selling crappy trinkets on ebay?

jessica why are you such a snobby b!tch? what makes you think you are so ABOVE everyone else?
do you think your "pretty" enough to be like that? (not that gives you the right)
why are you a gossipy wench?

jill what makes you think you can be "famous"?
what makes you want to give up on the health, but move forward with trying to be famous?
why do you say you live in LA when you really live in long beach? you do know that, that is as big a difference as apples and oranges, right?
why do you lie about your age on your myspace?
why did you use 10-15 year old pictures of yourself to advertise YOU on your "sites"?
why don't you get your driving license?
why don't you focus on losing weight and getting a full time job?
why are you so LAZY?
why do you as an "overweight woman" SMOKE?
do YOU REALLY think you are going to be famous?

kim bookout what makes you think you can be a "soap star" when you have no prier acting experience? a self help reality tv show doesn't count. don't you think you are too old to even THINK THAT?

lisa1who did you know ... who were you connected to so that you could make mistake after mistake and not get kicked out?

NIAMBI ... i like you! you are the only real woman in that house. nothing more needs to be said.

jubeaners 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-15-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jubeaners Click to send private message to jubeaners Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-06 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

c_ya_so, what can I say besides.....EXCELLENT,EXCELLENT,EXCELLENT. All of those thoughts were roaming around in my head, but, I couldn't quite get them to come out. I admire all of you who write so well.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-15-06, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
Christina: How's that real estate career coming along?

Lisa1: So has your pathetic performance on SO helped you find a man yet?

Alliham: What will you do for attention now that SO is most likely going to be cancelled? Do you plan on auditioning for Survivor? You're trademark line "I wanna liiiiivvvve!" would be most fitting. Just don't pull a Richard Hatch on us and go nude. BTW you look Divine LOL

Jill: Five dollars to chat? Are you the cyber Miss Cleo?

Lisa2: Did you get to take the "swamp" home with you so you wallow in pity?

Christie: Are you still doping?

Jodi: What is the foot massages and hand holding really about?

Iyanla: Did Christina make this hat for you?

Rhonda: Do you plan on acting in anymore Puppet Master movies?

Josie: Has anyone told you that you look like Jodi and Christie's love child?

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-06, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
Ok, I liked Josie but this comment/pic had me laughing!

With the hair and expression, you are right, goodnight little bear. LOL.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-16-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
>Josie: Has anyone told you
>that you look like Jodi
>and Christie's love child?
>
>

Bwahhhaaahhaaahhhaaaa!!!!!

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

Anne18 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-16-06, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Anne18 Click to send private message to Anne18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-06 AT 06:41 AM (EST)

I would ask Sommer:

WHY did you hang around with anything and anyone connected with SO after you got kicked out of the house and sold your stuff on Ebay? Did you know you would be asked back 1 1\2 years later?

ETA: Allison, what did you mean when you told Lisa1, "That is how old my daughter is." When you entered the SO House on the second season??

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-16-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If you could interview SO ladies who and what would you ask? "
Oh to ask them anything. Hmm what would I ask?

Rain How does it feel to be the one woman on all three seasons that took what you learned and used it for your life? She was the only one that gave support in a non wannabe life coach sort of way.

Jennifer I would love to know if she visits her dad

TJ how did you live in that house and not slap someone daily?

Jill stop blaming your parents for everything in your life. Don't you make choices too?

Lisa what's the deal with the no job thing?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •