The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-02-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
Unfortunately, it appears Jonathan Murray has no interest in continuing to produce a show about ordinary women and has taken the low road

THE BAD GIRLS CLUB is scheduled to start in Dec 06 and by the looks of it J.M. is expecting a huge success as 22 episodes (a record) have been ordered.

"With all the reality shows that we have produced, there has been a never-ending fascination with the "bad girls" in each cast," said Jonathan Murray of Bunim-Murray Productions. "Since the audience loves them and loves to hate them, we thought it would be perfect to devote an entire series to them, to see how they interact with each other and if it's really possible for them to change their ways." (Jonathan Murray)

"In order to gain entrance to the "club" - located in Los Angeles - the group must first (literally) pledge to help themselves, and each other, change their "evil" ways. The cast of THE BAD GIRLS CLUB will be a diverse group of women; including some familiar faces, whose inability to "play nice with others" has held them back both personally and professionally."

http://www.realitytvwebsite.com/news053106d.html

Unless another production company picks up Starting Over I think the fans who want to see it continue are fighting a losing battle. Sadly, this new docu-soap will be shown on Oxygen, the network Oprah co-founded for 'intelligent' women.

The only good thing I can say about this is, at least, Bunim-Murray is being honest about what this show is really about. Hopefully, we won't be seeing any appearances by the the 'bad girls' of Starting Over which, to me, would be the ultimate insult second only to adding so-called life coaches like Rhonda or Iyanla to the cast.

But I do think Starting Over will indeed still exist if that's any consolation to the fans, just not in the format they originally bought in to.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? phlinky 06-02-06 1
   RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? Shazbot 06-02-06 2
       RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? tac_2 06-02-06 4
   RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? SeasonedRefinement 06-02-06 3
       RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? tac_2 06-02-06 5
           RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? Toushay 06-02-06 6
               RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? creepyoldwoman 06-02-06 7
                   RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? Toushay 06-02-06 9
 RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? Labyrinth 06-02-06 8
   RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? dopeydwarf 06-03-06 10
 RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? 26mitogo 06-03-06 11
 RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? bookwomanblue 06-04-06 12
 RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'? eire_heart74 06-04-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-02-06, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
This is probably why MTV's Super Sweet 16 or My Sweet 16 is so popular...people love to see this type of garbage on TV.

As with every Real World, there was always 1 or 2 in the cast that caused contoversy. They cast that show that way.

Maybe Antonia was a little too tame for Real World which is why she wound up on SO. She was almost like a fish out of water there.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-02-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
Well unfortunately, this seems to be what television has become about. It's a junkfest. This new show is proof beyond a doubt as to why Starting Over became so ridiculous this season.

06-02-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
It was when I read "familiar faces" that gave me a chill.

But after thinking about it for a minute I concluded that the bad girls of SO probably won't be hip enough for this new show.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-02-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
This sounds like a reworked version of Starting Over. I wonder who those "familiar faces" will be. Any guesses?

There's no doubt that B/M picked up on a trend. The women we couldn't stand on SO were the ones who incited the longest and most frequent threads. Sinae, Jennifer B., Amy, Vanessa - those types of girls didn't attract much post-show attention on the board. They did serve a purpose though - they were buffers between the doses of hostility and drama.

I don't know if I could handle a show filled with these women. But then again, what drove me crazy about them on SO was that they loved to pick on women who weren't nearly as aggressive as they were. So, maybe on an even playing field, it was be one big party of payback.

I'm sure they'll be message boards to discuss the new show...maybe even this one.

06-02-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
5. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
" This sounds like a reworked version of Starting Over. I wonder who those "familiar faces" will be. Any guesses?"

I'm sure Christie and Allison are campaigning to become castmembers as we speak. Jodi, too. Maybe they'll bring her on as 'mentor'.

It appears to me that all the petitions, letters and calls have only encouraged Murray to capitalize on what he thinks we watched SO for in the first place.

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
Isn't there already "Girls Behaving Badly?"

It doesn't make sense. He lost his audience with people like South Beach Lisa and Christie Does LA. It won't fly. Besides, the only viewers will be misguided men who think they will see bad girls.

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-02-06, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
ugh. Well, i think most guys/men will tune out once they see it's supposed to be an emotional show with women trying to change their nasty ways. So, unless there's a lot of cat fights involving mud or pillow fights involving wardrobe malfunctions and all of that boob stuff guys are into , this won't work well with them.

It sounds ike they are getting all of the bad girls , like Omarosa types and putting them all together. I think they are forgetting is that you need balancers. you need the nice people and you need the peacekeepers. You may need to actually have some concern about the characters. This show sounds like it will appeal to the people who root for the shark in Jaws.

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
Can you imagine the cat fights? Omarosa and Allison fighting over who stole who's thunder...

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
ROFLMAO!!!

So Murray is revamping the garbarge and hyping it to a CABLE network? He has fallen low....

Cable shows are pathetic for the most part. This show will have even a lower audience then SO did on a bad day.

"Familiar faces" -- my guess: Christina the Pole Ho will be the first in line. I don't see how "bad girls" would make me watch the show --- I turned off Allisham pretty quickly and had no interest in Tess.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-03-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"

It's gonna be Deborah and TessIMO. This whole idea kinda sounds like SO with a new name to me, and yes, I think our interest and complaints to BM yielded this monster.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-03-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
THE BAD GIRLS CLUB:

GREAT! ... just one more freak show to add to an already huge line-up of TV freak shows. Do that many people really sit on their couches and watch nut-jobs acting like fools for the camera? Or is it the same audience watching ALL this mess?

At least this explains what was going on this year on SO ... practice, expiriment, trial, etc. Is that why SO put the dilusional ego-maniacs, whinners, selfish, bullies (Allison, Jill, Lisa1, Cassie, Christina, Christie, Kelley, etc) in front of the SO audience? ... and let them run with their "bad girl" gossiping, passive/aggressive back-stabbing, control, entitlement behaviors? Did they need to see what would happen & how a new similar series would go over? I guess they needed to see just how big these women's heads could get then watch them go after anyone they feared might overshadow them. Then they graduates the freaks from the nut-house, allowing them to think they are not only healed but that the world adores them & they have reached superstar status just by behaving like fools on national television. Maybe SO also wanted to watch the self-distruction of the afore mentioned goof-balls once they were released into reality after their over-sized egos were further inflated in the SOH. Well, at least we got to watch the results as well ... they are doing a VERY good job of that right now!

I for one won't be watching. I don't, as a rule, like any reality shows ... for the very reason that there aren't usually real people in real situations acting real. I personally don't enjoy the worst of society exaggerating bad behavior, thinking it's entertaining. I also feel it gives young people, who watch it most, the impression that the behavior is desireable in the "real world" and their "normal" boring existance is the exception rather than the norm. You already see too many trying desperately to emulate Paris Hilton, thinking her life would be the ultimate in happiness. And we see many adults who were sucked into the "loving compassion" of Christie & company ... many who may be striving to "heal" their own friends &/or families in the same way SO "healed" Christie --- you know, filled with a grandiose amount of false pride, utter selfishness, and belief in their own dilusions.

But, at least they've chosen a more appropriate name. What irked me most with SO this year was the way they honestly wanted us to believe all the HGs were ordinary women striving to better themselves ... then saying they really did change, are better off, & are on their way to "a wonderful life" ... NOT!!!

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-04-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
Mary-Ellis Bunim must be spinning in her grave. This past season on Starting Over was not at all what she envisioned. Once she was gone, they truly went with the lowest common denominator. Now, they're going to make a whole show of it. How sad.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: "Bad Girls" SO 'replacement'?"
I rather he be honest that continue that freaking farce that SO became. SO purely became the Real World for middle aged women.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •