The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Life Coach for Life? Ha!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-01-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Life Coach for Life? Ha!"
Where are the Life Coaches now that Starting Over has ended? Wasn't that the big, dramatic conclusion to every graduation? Lots of hugging and crying and promises to be there to support the women for life?

Well now that the women have left the SO house they could REALLY use some help. Very few seem to be managing well at all. Most of the women with weight issues are carrying more weight then ever. How about some encouragement to stick with weight loss goals from the LC's? And all the eBay scams? Wouldn't a REAL Life Coach counsel her client about dreaming up fake "personal" charities and advise against selling misrepresented items? Where is the "honor"?

What about real follow up help. Things like college and career counseling or even basics like how to GET a job...interviewing skills etc. Some even need help finding a place to live. Where are their coaches?

It seems like once the women left the house they were told to lose the Coach's phone number unless they were needed to show up on TV for an event that needed more bodies.

"Good luck ladies...don't call me, I'll call you."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha! talker67 06-01-06 1
 RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha! JustBNMe 06-01-06 2
 RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha! petmama 06-01-06 3
   RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha! alaholly 06-05-06 4
       RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha! techstyle 06-05-06 5
           RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha! staceeturner 06-06-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

talker67 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-01-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail talker67 Click to send private message to talker67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha!"
Actually I think they do keep in touch with them. I cannot be 100% certain that they do but I remember reading on Bethany's site(season 2)that she still talks to Rhonda and if she has gone more than a month without calling Rhonda then Rhonda calls her. Niambi also stated that Iyanla hasn't left her either. So maybe they do keep in touch.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-01-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha!"
With so many of the HG I felt they weren't there for anything other than tv exposure. So I do not think they are utilizing the LC's as they could or should. The LC's can't make people change nor can they make the HG contact them. I know Rhonda has said she has contacted some of the HG and they didn't call her back. I do believe that Rhonda is there for the HG she coached because of things she has said on member calls. I don't know about Iyanla. The HG are adults and they need to speak up if they need something so the responsibility isn't all on the LC's or Dr. Stan. Heck some of them didn't want the help when they were in the SOH why would they want it now

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha!"

>
>What about real follow up help.
> Things like college and
>career counseling or even basics
>like how to GET a
>job...interviewing skills etc. Some
>even need help finding a
>place to live. Where
>are their coaches?
>
I think this kind of help should've been given to the HG's while they were still IN the SOH. Real steps and goals that could've helped them once they'd left the SOH. Instead of crap like Christina's "Become a Woman of Honor" and Josie's "Embrace New Life". They both needed to learn job skills. And, interviewing skills. Especially how to dress for an interview. None of Christina's tube tops. Or, Josie's boobs falling out. Being on time is another skill Christina needed to learn.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha!"
Well now Christina is selling "Homemade Lip Gloss" on line. (In addition to her hats and so called purses etc.) This seems like something a little girl would decide to do. "Hey Mom I wanna be a cowgirl or an airline pilot or a fashion designer or a cosmetics company."

These SO "ladies" really need SOMEONE to say "Are you kidding? Be realistic here. You can't support yourself on the sale of a few tubes of lip gloss" (even if they did sell). Where are the life long Life Coaches? Aren't they embarrassed to see their proteges selling their souls on line? Doesn't that reflect badly on the "sound" advice they were given on Starting Over? If these SO women don't have parents or friends who will tell them the truth (like "knock it off and get a real job"), shouldn't their Coaches jump in?

This doesn't reflect very well on future graduates of Fearless Living Coaching. The bottom line seems to be: Don't worry about or plan for the future, just sell junk on eBay.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-05-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-06 AT 05:03 PM (EST)

I agree, what's next--homemade medicine? I fully believe in making art as therapy, but not this. Even junk as art, but not this. This is junk as junk. ( except for Jodi, I like her Jewelry) O.K., I even like the pup capes if truth be told. Send money, I was on SO -----is not heart warming. Life Coach Needed!!!!!!

staceeturner 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-06-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail staceeturner Click to send private message to staceeturner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Life Coach for Life? Ha!"
There is definately a need for some aftercare needed to just be left without a plan of some sort just gets these women into there own plans ie, making lip gloss and such. >

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •