The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Save the show!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lady Cleo 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-25-06, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lady%20Cleo Click to send private message to Lady%20Cleo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Save the show!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 06:21 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 06:20 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-31-06 AT 05:03 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-30-06 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 05:07 AM (EST)

If you want to save the Starting Over show, call 818-777-0244 between 8:00 and 5:00 PST. The votes are being collected and counted during those hours via an automated system. If enough people do it, we could save the show!

UPDATE: Christie's site mentions "saving the show" ('http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=44879455&blogID=124365003&MyToken=d0c86914-cbb0-4492-b88a-7eaf3f55b985 )

It says that we should call the production company at 818-756-5100 and/or thhe direct programming number for NBC at 818-840-6046.

Also, don't forget - you can sign the online petition at 'http://new.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?DC0531

ANOTHER UPDATE: There is a press release being prepared at: '#####.com which talks about the devoted fans wanting to keep the show on the air. The release is on the message board, but you have to be a member to see it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Save the show! dopeydwarf 05-25-06 1
   RE: Save the show! DedeV 05-25-06 2
       RE: Save the show! turquiosedove 05-25-06 3
   RE: Save the show! cynicalgirl 05-28-06 17
       RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-28-06 18
 RE: Save the show! cynicalgirl 05-26-06 4
   RE: Save the show! cynicalgirl 05-26-06 5
       RE: Save the show! BlueCollar Blonde 05-26-06 6
           RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-26-06 9
 RE: Save the show! tmj212 05-26-06 7
   RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-26-06 8
       RE: Save the show! tmj212 05-30-06 21
 RE: Save the show! maryellennaco 05-26-06 10
   RE: Save the show! SeasonedRefinement 05-26-06 11
       RE: Save the show! Jennier1237 05-27-06 12
           RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-27-06 13
               RE: Save the show! Jennier1237 05-27-06 14
                   RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-27-06 15
                       RE: Save the show! Jennier1237 05-27-06 16
                           RE: Save the show! beautyboyknockout 05-28-06 19
       RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-29-06 20
 RE: Save the show! bentherdunthat 05-30-06 22
   RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-30-06 23
 RE: Save the show! StylinGirl 05-30-06 24
   RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 05-31-06 25
       RE: Save the show! Local NBC info alaholly 05-31-06 26
           RE: Save the show! Local NBC info Lady Cleo 05-31-06 27
           RE: Save the show! Local NBC info Lady Cleo 06-01-06 28
               RE: Save the show! Jennier1237 06-02-06 29
               RE: Save the show! Local NBC info Snidget 06-02-06 30
 RE: Save the show! Sahara 06-02-06 31
   RE: Save the show! Lady Cleo 06-07-06 33
 ATTENTION! Call 1(818)777-0244! petmama 06-02-06 32
   RE: Please call every chance you ge... Jennier1237 06-07-06 34
 RE: Renewal Announcement???? BlingBlong 06-08-06 35
   RE: Renewal Announcement???? Lady Cleo 06-08-06 36
       RE: Renewal Announcement BlingBlong 06-08-06 37
           RE: Renewal Announcement Lady Cleo 06-09-06 38
               RE: Renewal Announcement BlingBlong 06-09-06 39
                   RE: Renewal Announcement Lady Cleo 06-09-06 40
                       Bad news Denver's SO affilitate. JessicaRN 06-09-06 41
                           S O trikelady 06-09-06 42
                           RE: Bad news Denver's SO affilitate... Lady Cleo 06-09-06 43
                               RE: Bad news Denver's SO affilitate... creepyoldwoman 06-10-06 44
                                   RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans Jennier1237 06-12-06 45
                                       RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans Lady Cleo 06-14-06 46
                                           RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans Jennier1237 06-14-06 47
                                               RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans Lady Cleo 06-15-06 48
                                                   RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans talker67 06-15-06 49
                                                       RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans Lady Cleo 06-15-06 50
                                                           RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans Jennier1237 06-16-06 51
                                                               RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans alaholly 06-16-06 52
                                                       RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans Lady Cleo 06-26-06 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Save the show!"
>If you want to save the
>Starting Over show, call 818-777-0244
>between 8:00 and 5:00 PST.
> The votes are being
>collected and counted.

If even people do it, we
>could save the show!

Alas!!!! I cannot call, because I am ODD !!

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Save the show!"
too funny...I had to reread the original post 3 times to get it...what can I say? I am a Junior High teacher with 2 days of school left...can you say "I need a break"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

turquiosedove 100 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turquiosedove Click to send private message to turquiosedove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Save the show!"
Sorry but this ship has sank. Its over, done, finito, adios, stick a fork in me, so long, ba bye!

cynicalgirl 27 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cynicalgirl Click to send private message to cynicalgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Save the show!"
Why bother? Rhonda and her co-horts played with us over the TV season. They played with the houseguests, and all for ratings and money.

Why would you want to bring this mess back?

At first, I was like you, and wanted to fight for SO. But then I read more about what went on in real life, and I realize it was a sham.

Vote for real life. Find a local therapist. Don't for TV therapists.

05-28-06, 05:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lady%20Cleo Click to send private message to Lady%20Cleo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Save the show!"
What do you mean? What did you read?

05-26-06, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cynicalgirl Click to send private message to cynicalgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Save the show!"
I agree with the other posters (and non-posters): This show is a goner, and good riddance.

Rhonda will find another way to make money. And God help her, she'll probably still have Andy Paige as her stylist.

The good point is, we'll still have MUCH to make fun of!

05-26-06, 02:14 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Save the show!"
And if they really wanted to save the show, there would be a way for us to sign an internet petition, instead of asking us to annoy some temp.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Save the show!"
>And if they really wanted to
>save the show, there would
>be a way for us
>to sign an internet petition,
>instead of asking us to
>annoy some temp.

There was an internet petition that went around for at least 4 months.

05-26-06, 06:34 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Save the show!"
Really?! How did you access the petition?

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Save the show!"
I dialed the number last night and it went to somebody's voicemail. It didn't sound like it was some official line to call about SO. I did leave a message though. I hope that the poor guy actually DOES have something to do with the show, beacuse his mailbox is going to stay full....

05-26-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Save the show!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

I just dialed it (again) and it said "You've reached the Starting Over viewer line. All calls will be documented and logged. Please leave a message after the tone..."

This phone number came from the site: #####

Keep calling!! I've been voting regularly and once got a message that said the mailbox was full! That's a good sign.

I'm not sure what happened with your call - it's possible it reverts to an individual's phone mail after hours?

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Save the show!"
Maybe, it was after hours when I called.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-26-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Save the show!"
SO is history, imho... Whether or not it comes on for a Season four, it's gone down that road too far and can't come back, no matter WHO they put on and WHAT kind of credentials they may have. So sorry but there's no way.

CYA, wouldn't want to be ya
Smellya, shouldn't have to tell ya

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Save the show!"
I don't know if I could handle another season of SO in its present format. Honestly, I don't think the show would be clinging to life if they had not allowed their HG's to use the show as a personal audition for stardom. Nevertheless, I would love to see it reformatted and returned to earth.

Anyway, you guys are inspiring in your attempts to save something that means something to you. I did call the number listed to see what they said. I wasn't sure if I had called the right number because SO was never mentioned on the recording. So, I made three subsequent calls before I was connected to a machine. The recording said, "Your call is being answered by Audex. You've reached the voicemail of Josh ______. The mailbox you are trying to reach is full. If you want to connect to the covering extension, press *0." When I did that I heard, "The extension you are trying to reach is busy". On the fourth time, I got through -- but still no mention of SO on the recording.

Keep trying guys. Once a show is officially cancelled, it is almost impossible to bring it back. SO hasn't been officially cancelled, so, you have nothing to lose except the cost of the call (was it toll free?) FYI, there have been a few successful fan efforts launched when a show is cancelled. Everyone knows about Family Guy, cancelled in 2002 and brought back in 2005. Cagney & Lacey was also brought back after being cancelled in the 80's because of fan support. Homicide: Life on the Street and Third Watch also survived because of fan support. Firefly, a sci-fi series, was cancelled after showing only 11 of the original 14 epidsodes. A grass roots effort prompted the writer/producer to approach Universal Studios, and a film based on the series, Serenity, was made. I'm not sure why, but Seventh Heaven just aired the series finale. Now viewers are told that it is coming back for one more season.

So, do what you can if the show means that much to you. Good luck!

Jennier1237 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-27-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jennier1237 Click to send private message to Jennier1237 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Save the show!"
It is too late to call the 1-818-777-0244 too save
Starting Over? I really hope not. To me watching
Starting Over is the highlight of my day. I know I
need a life. By the way HUGE Rhonda fan.

05-27-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Save the show!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-06 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

No it's not too late! Please call. We need as many calls as we can get if we want to keep it from going off the air. I just wish I had known sooner about the possible cancellation. You can also find the petition at
'http://new.petitiononline.com/DC0531/petition.html

05-27-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jennier1237 Click to send private message to Jennier1237 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Save the show!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-06 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

I signed the petition 5-26. Can you sign the
petition and also call in? I also wish
I would have known sooner. I did know that
there were rumors going around about possible
concellation but I thouhght that it was just a
rumor, you know how rumors are you do not know
whether to belive them or not.

05-27-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Save the show!"
Yes - you can do both. It's the only way to get heard!

05-27-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Save the show!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-06 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

I just dialed the number and the mailbox was
full but it said something about a coverage
extension: you press *0 and it takes
you to another person but that person's line
was busy. So it sounds like good news!

So I am going to keep tryig!

beautyboyknockout 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-28-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beautyboyknockout Click to send private message to beautyboyknockout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Save the show!"

R.I.P

SO

05-29-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Save the show!"
Thank you for all your inspirational words, SeasonedRefinement! That is very kind of you to encourage others that way!

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-30-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Save the show!"
I just called. I don't believe the show will ever be back with it's original integrity, but I have had a heck of a lot of entertainment this season with all the conflama. I could watch another season like this-especially if they bring on more guests like Lisa1, Allisham and Antonia. I never laughed so hard in all my life.

05-30-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Save the show!"
Thanks for calling the number and feel free to sign the online petition! It's been growing by leaps and bounds that last few days. 'http://new.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?DC0531

StylinGirl 15 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-06, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StylinGirl Click to send private message to StylinGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Save the show!"
The sad truth is that we do not matter to the world of TV execs. We are women- strike one. We are over the age of 20 (yes- even over 40!)- strike two, and we are a daytime audience- strike three- We're out! Here's the real problem: We think. (NOT gonna have that problem with the Megan Malolly audience! Geez what a steaming load of crap that will be!)

So tell me- has anyone here ever been polled by the High and Mighty Nielson Ratings Gods? Honestly in all of my 40 years I've only met ONE family that had the magic Nielson box- and they were total nerds.

Yes- we can accomplish anything- but it may take some serious $$ to buy our own network! (Oprah started the Oxygen network- where is she now? Maybe Oprah can save the show! That might be the shot in the arm some of you want!)

I think I'm grateful for the past three years and now I can get on with living my life. Thank you, SO!

05-31-06, 05:09 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Save the show!"
Well, maybe it's because we are women and we are over 40 and we do watch daytime programs that we SHOULD fight to be heard for a change. Maybe they've ignored us because we don't fight for what we want? We're a powerful demographic - we're older and we've got more money (buying power) than the 20 year olds. So c'mon, help us fight for the show!

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-31-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Save the show! Local NBC info"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-06 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

On a whim this morning I e-mailed my local NBC station to ask why we were being shown infomercials during the Starting Over time slot when the program guide still lists Starting Over at that time. I got this response:

"As you probably know, "Starting Over" is no longer in production.
We are working on airing reruns in July and August.
In September the program "Dr. Keith Ablow" will fill the time slot."

Who's Dr. Keith Ablow??? And I guess this means no new SO...

ETA: If you google the above Dr. his BIO says that he is "a psychiatrist, writer, and television personality". Primarily a forensic psychiatrist. He's been on Oprah, the Today Show etc. Another counseling show? A new Dr. Phil? A new friend of Oprah?

05-31-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Save the show! Local NBC info"
Thanks for the info!

It is my understanding that a final decision hasn't been made yet on whether to keep Starting Over or not...so there's always hope!

06-01-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Save the show! Local NBC info"
Well hopefully another station will carry Starting Over if it gets renewed. NBC apparently has decided to bail on something good. And I don't know who Kieth Ablow is, but he certainly has some big shoes to fill in that time slot!

06-02-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Save the show! "
I just called the 1-818-777-0244 and 1-818-756-5100
and left a message at both numbers.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Save the show! Local NBC info"
NBC is the syndicator, so it doesn't show on all the NBC stations. Each station decides if they want to pick it up. I think it is on an ABC station here.

I'm not sure another syndication company would pick it up or not if NBC can't sell it to enough stations.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-02-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Save the show!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-06 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

This is a message from the administrator of another forum I belong to. I have copied it here:

Ladies I received a email from a Editor The Show May Have a chance!

Yes I am saying the show may have a chance!

2 things we need to do:

1. Call this number and leave a message about what Starting Over means to you.
818-777-0244

2. Sign the petition! Sign it and I will fax it and mail hard copies out tonight everywhere.
(The link to the petition can be found on the Starting Over Links thread.)

WCW started this petition in February when word first came out about possible cancellation.

Really I didnt get on this phone calling bandwagon cause I was told it was over, now the same people are indeed informing me that NO its not over!

Call and Sign Ladies!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AF 2006

06-07-06, 05:54 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Save the show!"
This is the kind of enthusiasm needed to save the show! Thanks for the support, Sahara!

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "ATTENTION! Call 1(818)777-0244!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-06 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

Their voicemailbox is no longer full. I called about 5:45 pm EST and left a message. And, said I wanted SO to continue for at least another season.

06-07-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Please call every chance you get"
I do not know if it is appropriate to call more
than once.

I called 6-07 at 1:00 p.m. Central and at
2:30p.m. and the mailbox was no longer full.

so, if you can please call and leave a message
everytime the mailbox is not full.

We have to fight if we want Starting Over to
stay on the air!

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Renewal Announcement????"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-06 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

June 8 2006 KDPX note says they are renewing SO. That station is in Beaverton OR, channel 49. Is B-M still producing this show???

"Good news for Starting Over fans!

KPDX has renewed Starting Over for next season. The show will continue to air on UPN 49 weekdays at 1pm and also at 2am.

KPDX.com has received hundreds of emails from loyal Starting Over viewers begging and pleading that the show continue airing next season on UPN 49!

If there are any changes in scheduling, you can find out right here!"

EDIT TO AD try this link: http://www.kpdx.com/Global/category.asp?C=50628&nav=H6BNLiEi

06-08-06, 07:06 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Renewal Announcement????"
When I typed in that site, it just says that "Domain is for Sale"; however, I was able to find a site with the same name through google. 'http://www.kpdx.com/Global/category.asp?C=54816&nav=menu223_1.

I don't see anything about Starting Over there? Can you copy the actual URL into a message so I can see it too?

06-08-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Renewal Announcement"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-06 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

Sorry, I was trying not to post a link. I just put it into that post and also in the links thread on this board.

06-09-06, 05:52 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Renewal Announcement"
I did find that announcement through your post on the links thread. Unfortunately, I do think that may be old news because it shows Rana and Rhonda as the life coaches and that was back in Season 1. I think the page is just set up to show "today's date" every day, regardless of how old the news is. Good detective work, though! Hopefully there will be that same news for a Season 4 if the fans can save the show!! Keep looking!

06-09-06, 07:34 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Renewal Announcement"
Thanks Lady Cleo....you are exactly right on this! I just looked at that page again and today everything is the same, but the date is today June 9 2006! So that page has been hangin' out in 'net space for a couple years...that is very funny. Wonder if it is available to aliens in outerspace...hey...that would mean aliens could read all about Starting Over too, and...oh gosh...we are saved! They would never come down here after reading about all the crap on SO!

06-09-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Renewal Announcement"
LOL! Or...maybe the aliens could threaten to take over the world UNLESS they renew Starting Over. If that doesn't work, we could at least get those space creatures to sign the petition and make a few phone calls on the show's behalf!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Bad news Denver's SO affilitate."
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-06 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

I got a response from the programming department at my local affiliate that airs SO in Denver (it's a UPN affilitate) and they said that they just heard that the production has stopped on SO and the shows will be aired in re-runs through early September, but no new shows will be produced. But perhaps your efforts to save SO will take some by surprise. Stranger things have happened. Hope so.

trikelady 82 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trikelady Click to send private message to trikelady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "S O"
I signed the petition months ago! I will make an attempt to call the phone numbers listed above. I was not impressed with this last season and think they can do better but I do learn from the show an even sometimes enjoy it. I do hope SO is kept on the air because I know it is helping a few or more people. Thx. SO
trike

06-09-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Bad news Denver's SO affilitate."
Yikes! That IS bad news. BAD NEWS! Well if it's one thing the show taught is to never give up...what's the saying? "It ain't over until it's over". Like you say, stranger things have happened. Thanks for the support!

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Bad news Denver's SO affilitate."
I read this on another board. I really don't know which one. It could have been anywhere but someone said that she went to a workshop or something and Rhonda was speaking. Rhonda said there is a 10% chance the show will return. Rhonda also said that she has a number of prospects in the future and there is discussion about doing a radio show with Dr. Stan, which i believe has been mentioned here somewhere.

I can't believe that tv execs would actually want to listen to us anyway. I mean most of us are the shoppers in our households. We are the ones who make all of the choices about what brands our families buy. So why listen to us? Yes, please go listen to the 20 year old college student who steals sweet n low and toilet paper from the local diner. I am sure she will set out in a jiffy to her local Ethan Allen and refurbish her dorm or apartment.

Perhaps the tv execs want us to watch another mind numbing talk show, to just sit back and shut up and buy the sponsers products or the "celebrity" du jours book. I mean my brain always turns off during that stuff, so I guess I am more prone to brainwashing into buying crapola from ADs that may hit me during the alpha stage. When that happens, I turn the tube off anyway. SO made me think about dumping the junk from my life.

Perhaps an empowerment show like SO was too dangerous because we were learning and getting our lives back on track.

Yes, I want to go back to the Matrix and believe that by buying Mary Kate and Ashley Olsons's skin foundation, my skin will look like I am 20 again. Please don't you dare show me again, women that I can actually relate too. I might get 'smaht". let me just continue to feel worthless because I am not 23 and a size 2. I think it's all about control.

06-12-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
I just called B/M and asked if Starting Over
had been canceled? and she replied Yes.
I also asked if there was anything we could do
to save the show. she replied no. My heart
just sank. I told her that I also learned a lot
from the show. I forgot to ask if SO will ever
return?

We fought a good fight! But sad to say lost!

06-14-06, 05:28 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
That is VERY bad news...what number did you dial to reach Bunim-Murray?

06-14-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
I dialed 1-818-756-5100 for B/M

06-15-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
Thanks! I think I'll call them myself and see how high up I can get. Hopefully there's an ear in there somewhere!

talker67 12 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail talker67 Click to send private message to talker67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-06 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

when I called this number the girl that answered the phone said that she could not answer me but she took my name and phone number so someone could call me back. We will see. Maybe if enough people call this number it may help. You actually talk to someone here it is not a voice mail, we know they are hearing us. Worth a shot.

06-15-06, 07:37 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
That's great! Let us know if someone calls you back.

06-16-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
I'm confussed! I got curious and started
thinking "I wonder if B/M received the online
petition. So I called again and the laday
who answered said that NBC was the one
who decided what aired. So now I don't know
if Starting Over has been canceled or not.

Long story short she gave me the number to
NBC: 1-818-840-4444. I called but the users
mailbox was full.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
My local NBC station (in CA) said Starting Over was cancelled and NBC has already replaced it with something else for fall. Sorry.

06-26-06, 06:07 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Bad news Starting Over Fans"
Every little bit helps when you're taking on something THIS big! Your support is appreciated!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •