The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

fivewk 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivewk Click to send private message to fivewk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
I love this show and all the women. It may not always make sense but its one hour of the day that I really enjoy watching tv.

Ali may have been crazy whiney but I liked her

Lisa 1 had her problems but I liked her

TJ was longwinded but I liked her.

Sommer's second time around but I like her.

Antonia loud and a little opinionated but I liked her

Niambi not very open but I started to like her.

The show could be off at times but I liked it.

All the women have problems and some I related too and other not so much, I will miss the show for the summer and I hope it returns.

Lets hear it for those that LOVE starting over and want to see it stay

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS brianswife 05-24-06 1
 RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS maryellennaco 05-24-06 2
 RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...n... Redbud 05-24-06 3
   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...n... beckettrep 05-29-06 7
   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...n... dasboot 05-31-06 16
       RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...n... turquiosedove 05-31-06 17
 RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS NewFan 05-24-06 4
   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS Shazbot 05-24-06 5
   WARNING - NewFan Bebo 05-24-06 6
   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS beckettrep 05-29-06 8
       RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS meemee2000 05-30-06 9
           RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS momof4inVA 05-31-06 10
               RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS meemee2000 05-31-06 11
                   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS momof4inVA 05-31-06 12
               RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS mysticwolf 05-31-06 14
                   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS momof4inVA 05-31-06 15
           WARNING - meemee2000 mysticwolf 05-31-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brianswife 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brianswife Click to send private message to brianswife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
I also enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see the past participants they all looked beautiful and at peace. No matter what the criticism you may have for the show I believe most of thses women's lives have changed for the better.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
Actually, I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY to see this show GO! I'd get up and do the HAPPY DANCE to get on the message boards and see what everyone had to say regarding the latest episode. Plus, I LOVED watching this mess just to get a big old belly laugh from whichever one of the DAW's was whining and saying silly things.
I'm hoping all these folks who made my day go by faster here on the message boards live HAPPILY ever after!!

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...no"
Interestingly enough, the longer I watched a HG progress on the show, the more I began to dislike them! Seems the more they "got it" the more arrogant, selfish and narcisstic they became. I'm sure the LC would say it's me, and not them, to which I would respond....B.S.! The one exception was Jessica, I couldn't stand her from the get go.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-29-06, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...no"
Redbud and Maryellen, you both have hit the nail on the head!

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-31-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...no"
I think one of the things I found more distasteful near the end of this years fiasco season was the idea of the 'sisterhood,' the idea that all the SO women are any different or better than the rest of the people in the world because they have a statue. That idea just reeks (sp?) of elitism and manipulation. Everyday hundreds, if not thousands, of people start over some way in their personal lives; they just don't do it or have to do it in front of the bright lights and cameras, nor do they do it by navel-gazing 24 hours a day for weeks on end. These women aren't anymore special than anyone else cuz we've all been through the same school (life). The sisterhood seems to be a way into manipulating the masses into selling their products. They want us to believe that have obtained something in that house that no one else can in other ways. And it isn't true. I'm guessing that my time could be better spent than watching a few misfits performing for the cameras. I'm guesssing my time would be better spent getting off my butt and dealing with my own issues. Last week I learned I have breast cancer so I will have to cut back or eliminate lots of negativity which means that if the show returns I will have to decide whether to watch because I'm guessing that if I can find little positive to say about those wenches, I shouldn't watch at all. Also glad the season is over. The truth is to be found in our own lives and not in the over-edited lives of others. New paragraph? No! So yeh, I'm starting over. Can Allison be my survivor role-model? I don't think so. Although I have been shopping alot lately. No pheasant tops though. (OK, I'm splurging : using two squares of toilet tissue instead of one ) Should I shout to my surgeon and the universe : I want to liiiiiiiiiiiiiive? Start drinking wine and eating slabs of bacon and brownies for breakfast? Have had to look really hard to see the positives in her stay...found a few. And guess time will enlighten me on a few more. That's the news. Surgery next week, wish me luck, if you can. Thank you's in advance to the well wishers.

turquiosedove 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-31-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turquiosedove Click to send private message to turquiosedove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS..Um...no"
((((((((hugs)))))))) You will be in my prayers. Take care of yourself!

I too sensed elitism spewing this season(eyeroll), that's one of the reasons its not returning, jmho

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
I will really miss the show. It has been very emotional and inspirational at times. Plus I have learned a lot!
- Be truthful with others
- Be honest with yourself
- Try to see people's problems from their perspective
- Do what's best for yourself without worrying how others will react to it

I'm not going to miss this board however. I come on here to catch up if I miss all or part of an episode, but I'm astonished at the negativity brewing here. I can't believe some of these people are even watching the same show. How can you come away from this show and just bash the people who are struggling to improve themselves? Sure, some of them have annoying habits or negative personalities (or even looking for a bit of the spotlight in this latest season), but they're trying to better themselves.

I hope I'm not admonished for my giving my opinion. I'm not responding to any one poster--just the negativity of the majority of them.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-24-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

I'm surprised, but the houseguests that came off the best to me were Sommer and Lisa2. Out of everyone, I think those two really got it somewhere.

Sommer is actually the reason I stopped watching SO in the second season. I just couldn't stand her and her deceit. It was so obvious, and I thought the show was a joke and turned it off. I never did see her get kicked out. But she really seems to have been humbled somewhere. And she did something that many of the houseguests never did - worked and got her weight off. And I think that's made a huge difference to her. Rhonda picked the wrong one to do the 5km... Sommer should've done it.

Lisa2 really seemed to take all her issues very seriously, and resolve them. I almost stopped watching again, because of her... she walked around like a cardboard cutout. That woman has a lot of love in her. I ended up really liking her.

I guess both were ripe to get it.

Oh, and Kim. I'm really happy to see her feeling so much, after bravely facing her past. And everyone seems to adore her, and I'm glad cause she deserves good vibes. I am encouraged the most by Kim.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "WARNING - NewFan"
Bashing posters - one or as a group - is not permitted here.

If you don't like this forum, or the fact that we allow bashing, then don't post here. It's that simple. But if you decide to post here, you will adhere to our guidelines. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to post here any longer.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-29-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
>I will really miss the show.
>It has been very emotional
>and inspirational at times. Plus
>I have learned a lot!
>
>- Be truthful with others
>- Be honest with yourself
>- Try to see people's problems
>from their perspective
>- Do what's best for yourself
>without worrying how others will
>react to it
>
>I'm not going to miss this
>board however. I come on
>here to catch up if
>I miss all or part
>of an episode, but I'm
>astonished at the negativity brewing
>here. I can't believe some
>of these people are even
>watching the same show. How
>can you come away from
>this show and just bash
>the people who are struggling
>to improve themselves? Sure, some
>of them have annoying habits
>or negative personalities (or even
>looking for a bit of
>the spotlight in this latest
>season), but they're trying to
>better themselves.
>
>I hope I'm not admonished for
>my giving my opinion. I'm
>not responding to any one
>poster--just the negativity of the
>majority of them.
>

hmmmmmmmmmmm...."struggling to improve themselves", I think NOT. These women, unfortunately, were on the show to promote themselves, to make, what they thought, would be a NAME for themselves, selfishly in order to make money off of E-bay (cashing in on their so-called 'stardom') and perhaps to be noticed by yet another reality show (and Lord knows there's enough of them out there). Antonia, admittedly, wasn't even trying out for SO - she was applying for the Real World and the powers-that-be 'decided' she'd be just perfect for SO......that says a lot, to me at least, and just reinforces my own suspicions that their (housemates) motives were less than honorable when applying to get on this show. The struggling women ended after Season 1 - from that point on it was all about garnering 15 minutes of fame and seeing how much money it would produce.

meemee2000 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-30-06, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail meemee2000 Click to send private message to meemee2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
I'm really so sick of people getting accused of bashing other posters when they are really only stating an opinion. Per Webster's dictionary - bash means to attack. Just giving an opposing opinion doesn't automatically mean you are attacking.

Why is it everytime someone says "I don't like the negativity on this board" they are accused of bashing and invited to stop coming. I think that makes as much sense as someone complaining about a law in our country and then as a result being told to go find another country to live in! Such intolerance! What happened to free speech?! It's okay for people to say Rhonda is a Nazi but a person can't say - I don't like negativity??????

I find it very interesting that a board for a woman's show has folks so anal about keeping poster's mouths shut. Isn't Starting Over a show about empowering women?! To give them a voice? To teach them to have independent thoughts? I've gone to different reality tv boards and this is the worst in its intolerance.

I'm sure I'll be uninvited to the board since I - gasp - actually gave an opposing opinion. But I just couldn't take it anymore! Stop the madness people!

FREE SPEECH! FREE SPEECH! FREE SPEECH!

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-06, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
I have alerted the mods about your post and I am sure they will explain the difference between giving an opinion and what they consider bashing. Anyone should be allowed to disagree, but not to bash other posters for their own opinions.The people who choose to go on starting over are opening themselves up for critisism(sp). Those of us who did not go on a national TV show and just made comments about them are not in the public forum. JMHO

meemee2000 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-31-06, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail meemee2000 Click to send private message to meemee2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
Momo, my post was not directed to any one person; however, yours is. I feel your post is bashing/attacking me. I have alerted the Mods about your post as well.

05-31-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
meemee,
I'm sure the mods can figure this whole thing out.I didn't bash you but tried to correct you and that was wrong. I hope you will accept my sincere regrets. I am not in a position to either critizise(sp) or condone another poster.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-06, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
Your alert was just fine. You should have let it go at that, please.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

05-31-06, 00:52 AM (EST)
15. "RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY POSTS"
Mysticwolf,
I won't do that again. I realize that you or one of the other mods would have taken care of this. I regret trying to explain the board. It is not my job.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "WARNING - meemee2000"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-06 AT 02:26 AM (EST)

If you bothered to read the guidelines or any of the moderator messages, you would understand. As a matter of fact, I posted a message - that is also in the moderator SO FAQ thread posted by Cyg, that explained the difference very clearly.

BUT, since you evidently can't be bothered to read more than post, let me recap.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - pro, or con, of the show, or of the show participants. They signed up to, and are paid forto, accept viewer judgements. Feel free to express your opinion. Just leave the "you" phrases and judgements of other posters opinions out of it. Judging other posters for how they judge the houseguests or show is still judging. At that point you are guilty of the very same thing. Except, YOU are now judging people who didn't go on television to get paid for inviting it.

We do not allow judging of other posters - individually, or collectively. Period. That's how we avoid flame wars and keep this cite a civil site.

As far as free speech goes? Tough. This isn't your site. This isn't a democracy. You don't pay for the servers, the software, or the server space to keep it up. Webby does. And, anything earned goes back into the site to keep it a nice place for all of us to play. And, those of us that moderate it? We're all volunteers. We don't get paid. We take our own time, out of our own lives, to enforce his rules because we like them. You don't like his rules? Feel free to leave - or we can help you with that if you have a problem with self-control. You won't be missed if you can't follow the rules. If you can't find a "free speech" site that you like, start a blog, or check the links thread. I'm sure there's a link there for how to start, and fund, a site of your own.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary
Edit: grammar - see strikeout

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •