The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The season's finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The season's finale"
I actually really liked the show today. The first time in a long time I actually enjoyed watching it. Finally all the hooey and the bogus gimmicks were gone. To bad it took them so long to catch on to that.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The season's finale mrspicklepants44 05-24-06 1
   RE: The season's finale cowscomehome 05-24-06 3
 RE: The season's finale Redbud 05-24-06 2
   RE: The season's finale alaholly 05-24-06 4
       RE: The season's finale tmj212 05-25-06 22
 RE: The season's finale bentherdunthat 05-24-06 5
   RE: The season's finale crazydogg 05-24-06 6
   RE: The season's finale beckettrep 05-27-06 25
 RE: The season's finale SOfan0221 05-24-06 7
   RE: The season's finale eire_heart74 05-24-06 8
 RE: The season's finale MizJazmine 05-24-06 9
   RE: The season's finale dopeydwarf 05-24-06 10
       RE: The season's finale techstyle 05-24-06 11
   RE: The season's finale hulalu 05-24-06 14
       RE: The season's finale hulalu 05-24-06 15
 RE: The season's finale heidip 05-24-06 12
   RE: The season's finale shawnar 05-24-06 13
 RE: The season's finale robynrit 05-24-06 16
   RE: The season's finale m4gb 05-24-06 18
   RE: The season's finale beckettrep 05-29-06 26
 RE: The season's finale AmazonBlue 05-24-06 17
 RE: The season's finale snowflake2 05-24-06 19
   RE: The season's finale eire_heart74 05-25-06 20
   RE: The season's finale SOfan0221 05-27-06 23
 RE: The season's finale BlueCollar Blonde 05-25-06 21
 RE: The season's finale beckettrep 05-27-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrspicklepants44 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrspicklepants44 Click to send private message to mrspicklepants44 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The season's finale"
I think SO went downhill when it moved to LA and even further when they had that cheesy couple counciling..I am sad its cancelled, I think it helped me in a lot of ways..
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cowscomehome 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowscomehome Click to send private message to cowscomehome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The season's finale"
I am so sad. Just like everyone else, I recognized some of it was hokey, but I enjoyed it and saw a real value. I'm just crushed it's over. How sad.
Seeing Dr. Stan cry put me over the edge too. UGH.

Niambi has clinical depression. She needs some meds and a real psychotherapist to help her thru that, not the SO house. I believe that IV will stick with her and help her anyway she can.

Oh well...so sad.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The season's finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Ok, now the depression sets in. I watch SOH every single day and when I travel I TiVO it. Now what will I do with that hour? While I grew to dislike several of the HGs (Jessica, Christie and sadly, Jill), and saw the absurdity of some of the most stupid exercises ever, I always saw the value of the help they offered. I'd love to live in a house where everything is provided, no bills, and all the therapy you can absorb, and where everyone is tasked with "supporting" you at every turn. I probably would have got kicked out. I'd be calling Christie on her fake BS everyday, and Allison too.

The last episode was predictably a "how wonderful SOH was" session. I was deeply disgusted by the ending with Niambi. They just threw her out the door because they spent ridiculous amounts of time with the likes of Antonia and big Lisa, and let those retreads from previous seasons back. Niambi could have had that time and attention.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-24-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The season's finale"
Wow. That was a three hanky finale. Though we all knew it would be a big hand holding reunion show, I actually was touched by some of the final comments. (I even had an Iyanla style single tear down the cheek moment. Okay so I am a closet sap, lol.)

I do think some of the Housemates did learn about themselves and their relationships with others despite many of the silly made-for-TV exercises. I know all of us on this board found at least something of value in this show (even if it was just entertainment many times) or we wouldn't have hung in there until the end.

Though the show did deteriorate over time, it's original intent was a good one. I hope there may be a similar (and even better) show in our future.

I have really enjoyed posting on this board and reading the insightful and entertaining posts of the many talented people here.

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The season's finale"
I really hated the show after they moved to LA, but reading your post is making me realize that I will miss the show and the online communities that dished on it. OK. Now I'm officially sad.

Losing the boards feels like I'm losing a friend. You know the kind of person that really gets you and you can only talk to her about the things you are thinking or feeling? sniff, sniff...

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The season's finale"
I agree..good finale. Starting over was something really terrific and powerful at one time-it's just a shame that they strayed so badly this season.
I also noticed that the final episode was cut more like a series finale, rather than a season finale. I wish B&M would give it one more chance and get back to the honesty they had in the first season and a half.

crazydogg 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazydogg Click to send private message to crazydogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The season's finale"
I havn't watched it yet, but even though I also thought it was getting really ridiculous, I too tape it every day (living in the dark ages) and I will miss it. It did offer some value and positive things things for me. But, this past year especially, it was all about the ratings. Too bad, because when it was good, it was really good. But I guess that's TV for you. I will miss Dr. Stan. i do like him. And even though IV can be...tedious, She is still a powerful woman, who for the most part, I liked. Rhonda on the other hand I am completly over. She and Andy can skip off into the sunset with thier matching WHITE hose and other fashion disasters. It was fun while it lasted. I'm sure I will cry my eyes out when I watch.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-27-06, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The season's finale"
>I agree..good finale. Starting over was
>something really terrific and powerful
>at one time-it's just a
>shame that they strayed so
>badly this season.
>I also noticed that the final
>episode was cut more like
>a series finale, rather than
>a season finale. I wish
>B&M would give it one
>more chance and get back
>to the honesty they had
>in the first season and
>a half.

I think B&M realize there's no going back. I don't think they really gave thought that they'd be producing a bunch of media whores and scam artists and once they finally realized that they couldn't really trust a person's 'true' motives for even coming onto the show I think they just went for the drama and soap-operaish (is that a word LOL) production. The first season was real because the women probably hadn't given thought to what could result afterwards as a result of their being TV but after the first season the writing was on the wall and from that point on many women were just manufacturing problems in order to get their shot at their 15 minutes of fame and years of residual fortune. I just don't think there's any going back now that it seems all reality show participants do indeed have ulterior motives.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The season's finale"
It was great to see some of the former houseguests such as Candy, Maureen and Megg.

It was not so great to again see Allison, Lynel, Cassie and Lisa1.

I would have loved to have seen Sinae again, and I am glad not to have seen Josie.

Once Christie got done blubbering, I enjoyed the rest of it and found some very toching moments....the greatest of which was Dr Stan and Sommer's speech.

05-24-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The season's finale"
...the greatest of which was
>Dr Stan and Sommer's speech.

I agree. Dr Stan made me misty! He's just such a loving and honest person. He really must be amazing therapist. Did you see how Kim was just bawling when he was talking. You know he changed her life the most.

It really looked like they were wrapping it all up. I really don't think it will be back at all in major markets. That actress Megan something or other from Will and Grace is getting her own talk show and I have a feeling it's going to be in the SO timeslot for NY and Philly by were I live. Not to mention Rosie will be back on TV with the View. There's almost to much competion for SO.

IF only they had listened to their fans!!!!

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The season's finale"
For me the finale was what it was...

CANDY!!! She was my favorite in season 2. It was really good to see her as well as Meg. Nyanza...HAHAHAHA...what can I say? I'm happy for her...YOU GO GIRL! For a minute there I thought Maureen was gonna duck behind something during the 5k and have a cigarette LOL, but it was good to see her too. I think Iyanla and Rhonda shoulda walked the entire 5k like everybody else, and not had their butts in a go-cart! Lisa1 cracked me up because in her voice over she was saying something about being with everyone, but she was running alone...HAHAHAHA...mmmkay.... While Kim's introduction run made her look like a pro, Kelly looked like a spazz coming down that little incline...sorry but she did.

What was up with Cassie from season 1? That girl looked like she was under house arrest or something...very "closed". I'm glad they didn't let Audrey sing. Niambi and Antonia hug had me in tears. I was glad that they basically told Andy to sit down. Although I do think all the women that Andy did those horrendous makeovers on should have showed up and beat her azz.

I saw there were a lot of women that weren't there. I would have liked to have seen Erika, Karen, Rain, and the one who was trying to be an auctioneer...she had a learning disability. I can't remember her name.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The season's finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

I cried too, and realized maybe, in all of the cr@p, there was something unique and good in this.
Everyone was more authentic today.
I have certainly become more assertive since this show started.

I also was moved by the song and the footage at the end. I am keeping it for review from time to time.

edited to remove the word real and add "authentic."

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The season's finale"
Am I the only one who wanted to see what Dr. Stans wife looks like? With all the tears (in my house) today it would have been nice to say "oh, thats what she looks like-the lucky girl.

hulalu 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hulalu Click to send private message to hulalu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The season's finale"
I've enjoyed all of your comments on this and last year's message board.
Thank all of you, and I'll miss your humor and your spelling!!

I was so fed up with the big, blond Kim, but I wonder why she didn't show up and show off in this finale?!

I agree with the writer who suggested maybe something similar and better will come along to help us.

The lesson that it home hardest for me was "Responsibility first. Then independence."

Peace.

hulalu 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hulalu Click to send private message to hulalu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The season's finale"
Oops! Wouldn't an English teacher predict this!

Not "it" but "hit"!

And I guessed about "finale."

heidip 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heidip Click to send private message to heidip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The season's finale"
Does anyone know the name of the song that was played at the end of the show and who the singer is? I really loved it.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The season's finale"
I loved the show today! Dr. Stan had me in tears. I do think that this show has gone down hill and there was a few people I couldn't stand a few I could careless about and a few that I LOVED but I was actually glad to see them all!

I guess the thing I got out of todays show is that I can see changes in everyone. Some more than others but still I see changes and thats what they came to the house to do.Whether it be a college education or just loving themselves more than they did before they started. I think the house did offer them something.I would of liked to see some of them grow more but a little change is better than no change. I can see the changes in myself since I first started watching and I am grateful for that.I am very sad that's its over.

robynrit 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-24-06, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robynrit Click to send private message to robynrit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The season's finale"
I enjoyed it. I felt a little better about Niambi's situation. Not great, but better than I did yesterday.
I cried Dr. Stan can always bring me to tears. The love Kim has for him is so sweet.
It was good to see a lot of the women. Cassie1 did not look well. I wonder what was up with her. Good ole Mo And Candy! She looks great. I was hoping to see Lori.
All in all, it was a good show.
I'm surely going to miss it.

m4gb 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail m4gb Click to send private message to m4gb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The season's finale"
One day 3 years ago i had the day off and was channel surfing and came upon the scene when all the girls were having the discussion about how to split the grocery money... and Andy got in the middle. From that day, i have watched every episode and have learned such a great deal. I, too, like all of you will miss the show and i'll miss all your great comments. You guys made me laugh so hard sometimes....THANKS...

I would have loved to have seen Christine, Lori, and Karen from Season 1.

I have amassed 3 tapes for each season. So, when i miss SO, i just have to pop one in!!

Good Bye everyone and make sure to put what we've learned to practice!!

05-29-06, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The season's finale"
It would have been nice to hear a little more of an update about Candy - did she ever marry etc?? She may be one of the remaining few who hasn't gravitated to ebay to peddle their junk. As for Kim, Towanda, Denise and the others who didn't show up - well it really IS curious because it seems they all were there for the wrong reasons and just wanted to promote themselves on tv (well Denise wasn't too bad). I personally didn't miss any of them.

AmazonBlue 39 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazonBlue Click to send private message to AmazonBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The season's finale"
This group of ladies from this season - really kind of took the wind out of my sails. I saw alot of whining and not really getting it, instead getting off the hook (remember Kelly's BOR)
Christy's so called assignment, she was wigging out the whole time. I would love an opportunity to create something where all the resources were at my fingertips. Wait till she gets in the real world, people get busy and she has to do everything herself. I dont see her 5K as ANY GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT at all. The house provided the road map along with her housemates doing the work.

Additionally, Poor Poor Niambi. That was incredibly calus. Iyanla gives her the flavor of the month - "youre clinically depressed" cant help you here. Bulls.... Im ashamed of the show, coaches. How about then Dr. Stan? He should have at least, given her diagnosis taken her under his wing.

Lastly, I dont see any of the ladies from prior seasons with "weight" issues having handled it. What a waste of time and money - starting over needs to screen their potential clients. Sommer is the only one who I really see a difference, but hey, her deal is being center stage anyway... Ok , Im done.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The season's finale"
I wonder how it was decided which former HG's would be attend and which wouldn't...was it SO's choice, or their own?

Missing HG's:
Lori
Christine1/Christine2
Towanda
Kim Bookout
Jennifer
Karen1/Karen2
Brenda
Theresa
Rain
Josie
Sinae
Bethany
Rachael
PJ
Amy
Layne
Vanessa Atler
Hannah
Susan

05-25-06, 07:06 AM (EST)
20. "RE: The season's finale"
I have a feeling it was their own choice not to come. Some of them may have not been able to leave their jobs or obligations to do so.

And I think it's been said before that some of them did not like the way they were shown on tv. So I can see why they just wanted to move on and forget about it.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-06, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The season's finale"
Got to remember that Kim Bookout is a life coach or still studying to be a life coach. She gets paid now to spout her fashion sense or nonsense and can't be bothered by the little people.

And Towanda has a little one as well as a felony charge hanging over her head (I am taking an assumption here as I have never found or heard that her case has been settled)

What about Karen from last years series final who was sent to rehab. Never another word about her.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The season's finale"
In the end all I know is I will miss this show more than I could ever express in words. Yes, I was very put off by the direction the show took this year and I was less than pleased when the "true colors" of some of the HGs were revealed, but no matter I still loved this show.

05-27-06, 09:08 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The season's finale"
>I actually really liked the show
>today. The first time
>in a long time I
>actually enjoyed watching it.
>Finally all the hooey and
>the bogus gimmicks were gone.
> To bad it
>took them so long to
>catch on to that.

For the most part I enjoyed watching the show and in a lot of ways will miss it but the truth be told I'm kinda glad it's ended because of what it turns out at the end - a bunch of money grubbers on ebay looking to bilk naive people who are star-struck. In that sense I'm glad it's not coming back - there are enough SO ebayers out there taking advantage of some people and I'd hate to see even more season after season. SO is finally doing women a real service by staying off the air - it's production of ebay sluts will come to an abrupt end and hopefully eventually so will the so-called stardom of past SO graduates. The madness on ebay has just got to come to an end somehow so thank you, SO, for not coming back and sparing some people from squandering their hard-earned money on JUNK. Now I know the buyers need to take responsibility for their own part in this madness, but alas, some are just so star-struck they can't see the light.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •