The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A place to post positive threads"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

fivewk 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivewk Click to send private message to fivewk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A place to post positive threads"
I watch the show and I come to the boards to see what is being said about the days show. Most time I don't even take the time to read them. Because they are all so negative. Seems like no one is happy with the show and you would rather put it down. I myself hope they do not cancel the show.

So as my positive thread I thought it was great to see Christie grudate and for them all to run the 5k and to see all the old graduates. I often wonder what has happened to them and what they are doing this was a good end to update us on that progress.

Lets see if this thread generates as many positive posts as the negative ones and who will be the first to post something negative to this.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A place to post positive thread... PositiveSOfan 05-24-06 1
 RE: A place to post positive thread... BlueCollar Blonde 05-24-06 2
 RE: A place to post positive thread... smokeysmom 05-24-06 3
 RE: A place to post positive thread... DivineWine 05-24-06 4
   RE: A place to post positive thread... dopeydwarf 05-24-06 7
 RE: A place to post positive thread... maya_d 05-24-06 5
 Locking Bebo 05-24-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PositiveSOfan 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PositiveSOfan Click to send private message to PositiveSOfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A place to post positive threads"
Hello, I agree with you, half of the time I am so sad of the horrible nicknames given to the life coaches and the houseguests. Most of the time I dont even read the posts based on such negativity.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A place to post positive threads"
I've been a fan of SO from the first episode of the first season. While I may not be happy with the direction SO took in Season 3 and I wasn't a fan of a few of the HGs, I am very thankful to have had this show in my life over these past 3 years.

I have seen many of my own personal issues played out and worked through on SO. Living vicariously through some of these women who graciously put their personal demons on the table for all to see has honestly saved my life in many ways and I'm not embarressed to share that with all of you.

I don't want the show to be cancelled either. I've called the production company, NBC, and signed the online petition that was going around a couple of months ago.

In closing, let me just say thank you to SO and all (yes all) of the SO Ladies.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A place to post positive threads"
I also have learned alot from watching all the seasons of SO, and found many things I could relate to. Even better has been the postive and thoughtful messages I've found on this board. It takes a bit of digging, but you'll find that many of the regular posters put the LC's to shame with their thoughtful, caring comments. (A poster with the sig "seasoned refinement" comes to mind).

I think what this board has been is a forum for most posters to "bash" the commercial / sripting of this show (insincerity, rushed grad's etc.) while still supporting the women -- with their glitches, no less! There are some "haters" but most of it feels like discussion / food for thought/ processing.

I will miss SO and it has been a postive force for me.

DivineWine 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-24-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivineWine Click to send private message to DivineWine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A place to post positive threads"
I too am saddened by so many negative comments, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions. I try to read all the posts, but if they get to be really negative, I just stop & go on to a new topic. I have learned so much from SO, I can't believe it, but I find a bit of myself in every single woman that's been there (is that weird, or what???). I haven't disliked any of them, except for maybe when they would first come into the house, but, of course that was when they were at their worst. I admire each & every one of the women that graduated from SO, I would love to go to a "seminar" & be able to listen to any (or all) of them talk about their time at SO, or how they've changed, etc. I truly am sad that the show will probably not be on next year..I sometimes wonder if it's due partly because of all the negative posts on this site & how all the women were made fun of & put down? Just a thought. Nice talking to you.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A place to post positive threads"
We have come here to complain and well as compliment. some of the behaviors have been upsetting or downright inane.

I don't admire all the houseguests and most of the other SO message boards aren't allowing criticisms of the HG and LCs.
I could give several examples, but you can see them everywhere here. If you were frustrated by a HG, this was about the only place to say it. Most of the other boards require you to walk on eggshells.

I don't walk on eggshells when I'm mad.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

maya_d 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maya_d Click to send private message to maya_d Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A place to post positive threads"
thank you so much for saying something that a lot of us didn't say! I am a huge SO fan and have been since season 2- unfortunatley didn't discover it until then. The show has helped me in sooo many ways. Just like one of the other replies, i have noticed myself in some of the women. I thank Rhonda, Iyanla, and Dr. Stan for a positive impact on a lot of womens lives and for personally helping me to start over in certain areas of my life. I give each of the house guest credit to come on national tv and air their personal problems and struggles only to be ridiculed, made fun of, and called horrible & disgusting names. I am just disappointed that this board didn't reflect the positiveness which was reflected on the show.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Locking"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

We encourage both positive and negative comments on these forums - as long as they are made within our guidelines. Criticizing other posters for their comments is not permitted here.

ETA: There is a thread on page 1 about today's show that shows the right way to encourage positive posts - by making positive comments about the show without insulting other posters.

I'd also like to thank all of the posters who alerted the moderators about this thread instead of posting comments within it.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •