The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

chloecosette 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chloecosette Click to send private message to chloecosette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christian"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-06 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

What was that mantra that was given to Nambi after her BOR? Something akin to "In you God is well pleased"? If you're a Christian, does this sound familiar???? "And a voice from heaven said, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.'" Matt 3:17(NIV) Can a pagen priestess (IV) take this phrase originally said by the Father to the Son and just apply it to someone? Maybe it depends on whose "God she's referring to. Comments? (ps, I see that I spelled her name wrong. Sorry. It should be Niambi.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christia... Sues 05-08-06 1
   RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christia... sharnina 05-08-06 4
 RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christia... JustBNMe 05-08-06 2
 RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christia... sharnina 05-08-06 3
 RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christia... MizJazmine 05-08-06 5
 Sorry, folks Cygnus X1 05-08-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-08-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christian"
I thought she said 'well placed' but I could be wrong...

I took it as her telling Niambi that even if her parents didn't tell her she was good enough...she is because she is one of God's children and God is in us all....therefor we are all good.....

It allows her to aspire higher.....regardless of religious affiliation...

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christian"
"I took it as her telling Niambi that even if her parents didn't tell her she was good enough...she is because she is one of God's children and God is in us all....therefor we are all good....."

I guess your statement also depends on your religious affiliaton. Christians don't believe that God is in us all - He enters our hearts and lives within us when we confess our sin and ask Him in.

And Christians believe just the opposite about the idea that we are all good. The bible clearly states in Romans 3:22-24 that "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christian"
I also took it as IV telling her that God loved her no matter what and that He found her acceptable and lovable and was pleased she is doing her best even though she isn't perfect and never has been perfect. She sure did seem to say it alot though.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-06, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christian"
I don't know that it was meant so much to be a mantra but it did kind of turn into that. She had started by relating to Niambi that someone had changed her life by telling her, "You are the daughter in whom God is well pleased."

You are right that every scripture in the Bible that uses these words only does so in reference to Jesus.

A pagan priestess can take any phrase she wants from the Bible and use it in any manner she wishes. Doesn't mean that it means anything to God. Bible reading Christians know that the enemy can quote Scripture. It was done to Eve in the garden and he tried to use Scripture to tempt Jesus - and Jesus answered him with Scripture. The quote given to Iyanla is taken out of context and she could have been given the same the same type of encouragement without borrowing Scripture.

There are many Scriptures found throughout the Bible where God shows His a approval for His children. King David is described as "a man after God's own heart." And King David was a very flawed man with misdeeds throughout his life. I guess my point is that there are many ways to encourage without misusing Scripture.

Iyanla borrows from whatever religion she needs to in order support her viewpoint of the day. And oddly enough, she doesn't really have to back up what she does with all the mumbo-jumbo as most of what she says (when you sort through the mumbo-jumbo) is just plain old common sense. She often refers to God as if she were a Christian but anyone can go to her website and see that she practices something very different from Christianity.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nambi's Mantra - Pagen/Christian"
I agree and AMEN Shanina's post ...My first thought when Iyanla said that was, whose "god" are you talking about? Because the God of the Bible is not well pleased with fornication.

While yes we are all God's creation, we are not all His children according to His Word. So I thought that particular misconstruing and misapplication of the Word of God was very misleading.

It was kinda creepy to me when the women got around Niambi and started kinda chanting it. I was like ohhhh boy....

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Sorry, folks"
But I gotta stop this before it heads down this path any further. This is not a forum for theological discussion. Try the Off Topic Forum, if you like.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •