The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
When Iyanla was writing something on her clip board I could see it was a script laying out Who asks what. I mean come on I knew it was scripted but why did they show it? Did anyone catch what she was writing? I saw her write "what is ....."
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... Zoey 05-04-06 1
 RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... eire_heart74 05-04-06 2
   RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... shawnar 05-05-06 3
       RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... Zoey 05-05-06 4
 RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... Zephyr 05-05-06 5
 RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... rachel2 05-08-06 6
   RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... Jadens Mommy 05-08-06 7
   WARNING - rachel2 Cygnus X1 05-08-06 8
       RE: WARNING - rachel2 shawnar 05-08-06 9
           RE: WARNING - rachel2 rachel2 05-08-06 11
       RE: WARNING - rachel2 rachel2 05-08-06 12
           Enough Cygnus X1 05-08-06 13
 RE: Did anyone else notice the scr... JustBNMe 05-08-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
Iyanla wrote: "What is the lie?"

I think she was just taking personal notes of what she wanted to ask Niambi. Nothing wrong with that, I don't think.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
Yeah I just thought they had them there to just remind them what they wanted to ask them.

05-05-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
Thank you that makes sense. I understand what you are saying about basically taking notes so that nothing is fogotten. But I saw in typed print: IY Says: What are you doing right? RB: What are you doing wrong? this is just an example it may not be the exact wording because I cleaned out my dvr last night.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
Well, we know that they ask specific questions at BOR. I think they have them written down (my guess is) so that they can write down the HGs answers and further assess them.

I think this is pretty standard with anything where you would have to assess a person (a students report card, an emplyee's raise review, a psychologist's regular assessment of a patient, etc...).

It's not as though there was a constant flow of dialog between the LC's and HG written on that paper.

I don't think it was a script, just an assessment sheet. However, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they sometimes do retakes of certain shots or dialog to get it to look better. I think that's just how "reality" tv works. I think that TLC (The Learning Channel - which, coincidentally aired "SO" for a short period of time) is right in advertizing their reality shows as "Life Unscripted" rather than "reality". It may not be scripted but it's not all real, either.

Zephyr 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zephyr Click to send private message to Zephyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
>When Iyanla was writing something on
>her clip board I could
>see it was a
>script laying out Who asks
>what. I mean come on

I don't understand what you're upset about. What is bad about this?

rachel2 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rachel2 Click to send private message to rachel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
>When Iyanla was writing something on
>her clip board I could
>see it was a
>script laying out Who asks
>what. I mean come on
>I knew it was scripted
>but why did they show
>it? Did anyone catch what
>she was writing? I saw
>her write "what is ....."
>
I don't think it is scripted at all. I think as they listen to the person being reviewed, they (Rhonda AND Iyanla) are writing their next question or thought down, which is directly related to what the person is sharing. Follow-up questions, or exploratory questions. Iyanla likes to dig deep, get to the core. She is a very well trained and talented listener, she hears beyond the words that are spoken.

I think the clipboards are just necessary tools for scoring the person being reviewed and to write down follow-up or relevant questions in RESPONSE to what is being shared by the reviewee.

Stop fault-finding and looking for hidden agendas. Do you think they should go in to BOR cold, without anything to write down pertinent information, questions, new insights, or scores? Why is so many posters on this board are so picky and suspicious when it relates to the life coaches, especially Iyanla? She is successful as a life coach and will continue to be. She is a talented, gifted, deeply insightful person and seems quite invested in getting to the root of each problem and flushing it out, so that these ladies can live their lives more successful and genuinely. Why so many questions about the LC's techniques and interventions, they are obviously there to help the ladies not hinder them.

rachel2

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
I, too, find way too many negative comments made about the guests and coaches in this forum. There is a reason why the guests needed the House in the first place. But, hey, everyone has the right to post any comments; positive and negative ones. Freedom of speech, right?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "WARNING - rachel2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-06 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

You are free to praise the LCs all you like, but you MAY NOT criticize fellow posters for criticizing them. Reality show participants are fair game. Your fellow posters are not.

And to you and JadensMommy: we neither encourage nor discourage criticism or praise of anyone on SO. If you're looking for a place that is only supportive of these folks, take a look at the Links Compilation Thread in this forum for some other boards with different guidelines. But if you want to be here, you'll have to abide by our guidelines (linked atop each page) and read our FAQ list in the IH forum.

05-08-06, 04:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: WARNING - rachel2"
The whole point of me bringing this up was not to attack the life coaches(who I happen to actualy like). It was more about the show trying to pass this off as reality tv.
I have no problem with Iyanla writing notes and thinking of question she wants to ask. I know in the past I have always felt the life coaches are a sometimes a little to harsh at the Board of Review. And I have always wondered if that was by their choice or because it makes good tv. Once I saw that script(or what I believe to be a script) I am starting to believe that sometimes they may not have a choice the producers might have it all laid out for them before they enter the board of review.
I guess I just wonder how much freedom the life coaches really have on the selection process, assignments, disipline if needed, and Board Of Review.

05-08-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachel2 Click to send private message to rachel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WARNING - rachel2"
>The whole point of me bringing
>this up was not to
>attack the life coaches(who I
>happen to actualy like). It
>was more about the show
>trying to pass this off
>as reality tv.
> I
>have no problem with Iyanla
>writing notes and thinking of
>question she wants to ask.
>I know in the past
>I have always felt the
>life coaches are a sometimes
>a little to harsh at
>the Board of Review. And
>I have always wondered if
>that was by their choice
>or because it makes good
>tv. Once I saw that
>script(or what I believe to
>be a script) I am
>starting to believe that sometimes
>they may not have a
>choice the producers might have
>it all laid out for
>them before they enter the
>board of review.
> I guess I just wonder
>how much freedom the life
>coaches really have on the
>selection process, assignments, disipline if
>needed, and Board Of Review.
>

I received a warning, not sure why. I didn't think I was abrasive in my initial response to this thread. But in any case, I think that the life coaches have plenty of freedom in this SO process, so far as assignments, tasks, and BOR methods of confronting the HG on their issues. It seems quite genuine. I don't think RB and Iyanla or Dr. Stan would be willing to participate if it was regulated too much by the show's producers. I am sure, however, that assignments that they have in mind for the HG's are discussed with the production team first to see if it is not over the top or unsafe for the houseguests to participate in. To this degree, production must have some input. But I think the actual assignments and tasks are created or put on the table by the life coaches and reviewed by the production team. That's my take on it.

rachel2

05-08-06, 07:03 PM (EST)
12. "RE: WARNING - rachel2"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-08-06
>AT 11:30 AM (EST)

>
>You are free to praise the
>LCs all you like, but
>you MAY NOT criticize fellow
>posters for criticizing them.
>Reality show participants are fair
>game. Your fellow posters
>are not.
>
>And to you and JadensMommy: we
>neither encourage nor discourage criticism
>or praise of anyone on
>SO. If you're looking
>for a place that is
>only supportive of these folks,
>take a look at the
>Links Compilation Thread in this
>forum for some other boards
>with different guidelines. But
>if you want to be
>here, you'll have to abide
>by our guidelines (linked atop
>each page) and read our
>FAQ list in the IH
>forum.

Moderator, I heed your warning, but I did not attack or criticize anyone, I simply ask why they were suspicious of the LG actions or the actions of the production team. So I am surprise at the warning (never had one before). I will thus relegate my responses to just my impressions to the topic matter and leave it at that.

rachel2

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-06, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Enough"
Stop fault-finding and looking for hidden agendas. Do you think they should go in to BOR cold, without anything to write down pertinent information, questions, new insights, or scores? Why is so many posters on this board are so picky and suspicious when it relates to the life coaches, especially Iyanla?

That? Is bashing other posters.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-08-06, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did anyone else notice the script at BOR?"
What I saw IMO was not a "script" but rather guidelines for which LC asked which question. Such as IV asking what do you need to work on and then RB asking what are you doing well etc. I don't see that as a script I see that as more of an outline so both LC's don't interrupt each other. To me scripted is what the whole court trial was with Jill when they actually seemed to be reading it word for word becuase when they forgot what they were to say they looked at the paper, read it nad then moved on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •