The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Stormchaser 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-10-06, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormchaser Click to send private message to Stormchaser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Their breast-fest nearly stole Lisa's thunder today. Who is better at using her chest for the greater good? IV or Toadie? (Beginning timeframe = Toadie's arrival in the SO house.)
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-10-06 1
 RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... JustBNMe 04-10-06 2
   RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... horsewhisperer 04-10-06 3
       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-10-06 4
       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... TruGoodness 04-10-06 5
           RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-10-06 6
               RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... Stormchaser 04-10-06 7
       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... EMTBGRL 04-11-06 8
           RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-11-06 9
               RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... Stormchaser 04-11-06 10
                   RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... EMTBGRL 04-11-06 12
                       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... Stormchaser 04-12-06 16
       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... petmama 04-11-06 11
           RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-11-06 13
               RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... EMTBGRL 04-11-06 14
                   RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... GoodnightLittleBear 04-12-06 15
                       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... NicNac 04-12-06 17
                           RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... MariJ 04-12-06 18
                               RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... EMTBGRL 04-12-06 19
                                   RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-12-06 20
                                       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... working4aliving 04-13-06 21
                                           RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... Twinkles 04-14-06 22
                                               RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-14-06 23
                                       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... shell921 04-14-06 24
                                           RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... allenjo 04-14-06 25
                                               Breast-fest Part II: The new girls VelvetElegance 04-20-06 26
                                                   RE: Breast-fest Part II: The new gi... alaholly 04-21-06 27
                                                   RE: Breast-fest Part II: The new gi... sharnina 04-21-06 28
 Breast-fest II sharnina 04-21-06 29
   RE: Breast-fest II SeasonedRefinement 04-21-06 30
       RE: Breast-fest II alaholly 04-21-06 31
           RE: Breast-fest II SeasonedRefinement 04-21-06 32
 RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... Stormchaser 04-22-06 33
   RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... SeasonedRefinement 04-22-06 34
       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... Stormchaser 04-22-06 35
           RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... alaholly 04-22-06 36
               RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... ChristinaJB 04-22-06 37
               RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... VelvetElegance 04-22-06 38
                   RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... Stormchaser 04-23-06 39
                       RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... BeeBe 04-24-06 40
 RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... JustBNMe 04-24-06 41
   RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. J... pinksparkleguitar 04-24-06 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-06, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
I started a thread on here a while ago on a similar subject. Drawing the women into her ample bosom is one of Iyanla's signature moves. (others include: calling someone a liar, referring to their parents as momma or daddy, being confrontational in her tone, and using ridiculous tasks to illustrate the "life" or "death" seriousness of thier choices to name a few. I mean if we go all the way back to last season, she has done it to almost every woman she has come in contact with.

Allison..check
Vanessa..check
Rachael..check..check..she loved to mother Rachael in this way.

sidebar::ever notice how Iyanla tends to be assigned to the ppl who have the parenting issues in their background ie Rachael, Jennifer? I wonder if this is intentional

Renee
Towanda

And those are just from season two. We can skip ahead to the couples bootcamp to:
Lou
Simon and his wife (I forget her name)
and other but their names aren't as fresh

This season, she's done it to pretty much anyone. I was taking bets with some of my online friends to see how she was going to manage her signature move with Jill given her size. She easily found a work around for this when they were together in the garden. Remember that one? She sort of had Jill lean in her lap while they both sat on the ground. I could go on and on about this one. Iyanla seems so contrived in this way. You know it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Sometimes she has to break you down first a la Jodi to get you feeling weak and vulnerable..at that moment you are ripe for her bosom..It's kind of funny when you think about it, because it's not at all spontaneous.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-10-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
I'm waiting for one or both of them to try nursing a HG next. LOL. OMG my eyes! My eyes! What a sick visual! On a serious note I don't find either one of them to be very healing when they hug people.

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-06, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Personally, it skeeves me out:p

04-10-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
OMG!!! I just about hit the floor thinking about Iyanla upping the game by actually trying to nurse the women...!! If it weren't so plausible (Ms. Iyanla does love to mother), it would almost be scary!! Iyanla would win against Jodi hands down any day!

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-06, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Me too. I understand it as theraphy when you go through something totally traumatic and you are feeling like a child but most times yuck.

TruGoodness
http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

04-10-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Lest we keep in mind that Iyanla isn't licensed an any brand of therapy so on her best day, her bosom-mugging is to the benefit of no one accept Ms Iyana. I propose we rename the show Starting Over: Mothering After 50 to Women Over 30
The archetype of Iyanla as the wise old mother cannot be ignored.

04-10-06, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormchaser Click to send private message to Stormchaser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-06 AT 11:35 PM (EST)

>>The archetype of Iyanla as the wise old mother cannot be ignored.<<

Yep, when Iyanla beholds her reflection, the "wise old woman" looms large! Unfortunately, her "clients" need more than silly gimmicks and staged & sappy suffocation. Iyanya: when she's motherin', she's smotherin'! (ooooo now that was sappy!)

Editited b/c i forgot to mention two things:
1. Since I clearly have too much time on my hands, I may start an informal IV/Jodi hug tally....
2. LOL at JustBNme's nursing fear - the awful thought also crossed my mind earlier this week when Christie's head rested upon the fair bosom of Toadie. I will go no further with these thoughts, here or elsewhere!!!! LOL

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-11-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
>Personally, it skeeves me out:p
>

Horsewhisperer, I'm right there with ya!

I find this offensively inappropriate. It reminds me of when I went to a divorce counselor, and at the end of the session, (after my husband left the room) I was crying because I knew my marriage was over, and the counselor came over and hugged me. He didn't ASK me if that was OK. He just did it. It felt creepy and wrong, and he didn't do more than HUG me! He just held on a little longer, and a little tighter than normal. Yeah. Like Iyanla. LET GO, IYANLA! Or, geez Louise ASK first! "Do you mind if I hug onto you and cling there like kudzo?" Why not give these women a chance to say "No?" Anybody else think that the disrespect for "personal space" is WAYyy over the top?

04-11-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
What's worse than that, Ms. Iyanla (I love calling her that) didn't ask Jodi if she wanted a hug, she TOLD her. Remember when they were standing there and Iyanla instructed her on how to accept her mighty bosom..I just about fell outta my chair..I was like WTF!! Did she just tell that grown woman not to hug her back but to allow her to be embraced? That was way over the line to me as well. OK, so we know Jodi has control issues and all that but it reminds me of when I take my dog to the park and I watch all the dogs. Some dogs are more dominant than others. The more submissive dogs literally have to stand there while the more dominant dogs mount them as a show of dominance. I'm sorry if this analogy seems a little crass to some but given Jodi's issues and Iyanla's motherin'mission, it's hard it ignore. Iyanla was basically saying, stand there and let me dominate you and don't say anything, don't have a reaction, just take it. Fall into my mighty bosom and submit! What kinda crazy crap is Iyanla trying to play out with these women?!?

And another thing, who remembers Jennifer from last season? Iyanla straight up accosted her during Group one day. Jennifer was supposed to be walking towards Iyanla for something, I forget what, next thing you know, Iyanla was swooping her up like a mother bird gathering up her young. Now, she had supposedly had just met this girl Jennifer. Not to be satisfied with this, she upped her classic move by actually cradling Jennifer in her lap and rocking her while stroking her hair..Correct me if I am wrong, but was Jennifer not a grown woman? Iyanla is out of control!

04-11-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
VelvetElegance, I could not agree MORE! All of what you said, I've noticed,too. And because Ms. Iyanla (LOL) is so aggressively dominant, she sets the TONE: you must submit to my hugs and stroking. If not, you must face the fact that you don't really want to get well. Plus, resisting these proves there is "SOMEHIN' WRONG... SOMETHIN' AIN"T ADDIN' UP!" Now the stage is set for the arrival of another aggressively dominant person (TOADIE) and the fellow HG's are so used to accosting smothers, that they submit. Hugging is fine, but there are social conventions about who, why, when & how one hugs. From these message boards - it's interesting to see how many deem IV and Jodi to be way out-of-line.....

04-11-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Hugging is fine,
>but there are social conventions
>about who, why, when &
>how one hugs.

I believe one of the social conventions regarding "hugging" is that it should not be tolerated by a person of authority to another individual, especially not without EXPLICIT permission for the individual who is NOT the authority. Iyanla would qualify as "an authority figure" in the SOH. That puts her automatically in a position of dominance,BEYOND any of the other HG's, including Jodi. (Jodi should ask, too, because that's the polite thing to do.) IMHO, without the simple question, "May I hug you?" or "Would you find it helpful to receive a hug?" Iyanla is crossing conventional wisdom about forcing herself physically on another person, since she is in a position of authority. Any clergy person, counselor, cop, etc. KNOWS not to cross this boundary without permission! Any GOOD one, anyway. It should be no different for Iyanla.

From
>these message boards - it's
>interesting to see how many
>deem IV and Jodi to
>be way out-of-line.....

I agree!

Jodi is also out of line, but is not in a dominant position in the SOH, or one of authority like Iyanla, and should make it easier for the other HG's to say, "Jodi, get OFF me!" without fear of repercussions. As someone pointed out, what would happen if someone didn't WANT Iyanla's hug? Iyanla makes DECISIONS regarding someone's progress, stay and graduation in the SOH. Therefore, Iyanla shouldn't touch them, because that becomes part of the forced evaluation.

04-12-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Exactly! Iyanla's aggressive dominance sets the tone. SHE is the authority-figure and you'd better submit OR ELSE the puppet-master will impede your progress. She may even send you packing. She is condescending, inane, shrill & disrespectful. In summation: all the things Dr. Stan is not.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
>Personally, it skeeves me out:p
>
Iyania's hugs don't bother me. She, at least, doesn't kiss the HG's almost on their mouth, like Jodi does. And, she doesn't grope them like Jodi and Christie do, either. Nor, doe she get into bed with them like Christie does with Kim and Jodi. That's what skeeves me out.

04-11-06, 09:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
I'd have to say that I am really impressed with the level of discourse on this message board particularly in this area. Ms Iyanla's propensity to mother the women and to draw them into her bosom as well as her aggressive dominance brings to mind another element: Many of these women have issues with their mothers, in addition to understanding appropriate intimacy and how to be close with people. One has to wonder how effective it is for Ms Iyanla to demand on the spot embraces.

Iyanla: Jodi, I command you to come into my embrace this instant. Resist me not! I invite you to feel my power

I know Dr. Stan is officially the only "professional" in the house, but I much prefer his hands off approach. He told the women last season that he will gladly hug them, they only have to ask. I respect that because it leaves the power with the women, and isn't that supposed to be what this show is all about anyway...empowering women? Iyanla's ego seems to get in the way of the womens' progress at times.

As nutty as Rhonda is sometimes, no one can question her motives (altho she does go overboard sometimes with the art crap).

04-11-06, 11:20 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
>I know Dr. Stan is officially
>the only "professional" in the
>house, but I much prefer
>his hands off approach. He
>told the women last season
>that he will gladly hug
>them, they only have to
>ask. I respect that because
>it leaves the power with
>the women, and isn't that
>supposed to be what this
>show is all about anyway...empowering
>women?

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is an EXCELLENT example of how it is obvious that Dr. Stan is the only licensed professional in the SOH.

Iyanla's ego seems to
>get in the way of
>the womens' progress at times.

She's the ego-queen.
>
>As nutty as Rhonda is sometimes,
>no one can question her
>motives (altho she does go
>overboard sometimes with the art
>crap).

Ummmmmm....I sometimes question her motives. She has a smug mug too often for comfort. I also am not partial to her often boob revealing clothing. I do like the fact she doesn't act as if she would prefer to breast feed the HG's!

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-06 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

I can halfway understand Iyanla wanting to take someone into her bosom <*shiver* that just sounds creepy> when they are crying or ask for a hug but she wants to breasthug them at inappropriate moments. I think those hugs are more for Iyanla's benefit than the HG's. She seems to enjoy it more than they do.

NicNac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NicNac Click to send private message to NicNac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
This thread got me thinking (again) about how inappropriate Iyanla is at times and actually has the nerve to call it "healing therapy". Some of her assignments for the HGs seem just bizarre and if you think of them happening anywhere but Starting Over, they almost seem criminal. Like her throwing big old balls and yelling at Lisa while she was in the swimming pool - now tell me, can you imagine Dr. Stan doing that to someone? I realized that some of Iyanlas antics don't even phase me anymore because I have gotten so used to her idiotic ways. Yikes, I've been brainwashed!!

MariJ 157 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MariJ Click to send private message to MariJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
One of the things I can't stand about the SO coaches is if they assign something to someone, they expect the HGs to blindly follow their instructions. I've always heard that, for instance, traditional counseling involves BOTH parties and that the counselors are supposed to GUIDE and NOT TELL their clients what to do in life. I understand that this isn't counseling, but in a way I would think has the same kind of elements.

I find IVs exercises especially humilitating and sometimes cruel. If I ever had a counselor that would be so abusive, I'd drop that 'professional' like a hot potato. It's almost as if they are encouraged at the SOH to be brainwashed and not have any of their own original thoughts. Afterall, the coaches are the "EXPERTS". NOT! And if they disagree, they are either punished or told that they are resistant to growing and changing.

04-12-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
>I've always heard
>that, for instance, traditional counseling
>involves BOTH parties and that
>the counselors are supposed to
>GUIDE and NOT TELL their
>clients what to do in
>life. I understand that
>this isn't counseling, but in
>a way I would think
>has the same kind of
>elements.

BRAVO! You hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head! Sign of "bad counselor?" He or she gives a client "advice." Bad, bad, bad...!!
>
>I find IVs exercises especially humilitating
>and sometimes cruel.

ME TOO!

If
>I ever had a counselor
>that would be so abusive,
>I'd drop that 'professional' like
>a hot potato.

GOOD! So, if you ever need a counselor, you know who NOT to hire! Goody! the SOH is teaching you something useful!

It's
>almost as if they are
>encouraged at the SOH to
>be brainwashed and not have
>any of their own original
>thoughts.

They are, and as you say below: "Resistant to the process." I am starting to see the LC's as being similiar to the Borg race from Star Trek, who go around taking over other individuals to turn them into Borg. What do they say when they board their ships? "Resistance is futile! Assimilate or die!" (A whole new way of looking at "You are FIGHTING for your LIFE!" eh?)

Afterall, the coaches
>are the "EXPERTS". NOT!

Right. Not! I think I've seen their degrees in the 50 cent bubble gum machine that sits in front of WalMart. (Dr. Stan excepted, of course.)

And if they disagree,
>they are either punished or
>told that they are resistant
>to growing and changing.

Or, threatened with removal. Or, given a more humiliating exercise. Or, down-graded at a BOR, Or, perpetually gossipped about, Or, ? name your own, here.

04-12-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Not to stray from the original message of the thread but lets keep in mind no one is trying to pass of what Rhonda and Iyanla do as "counseling". Even as broad a term as "counseling is, they would be subject to malpractice if they so much as implied what they did in the SOH was conseling. Even Dr. Stan doesn't say what he does on the show is counseling. His official title is "Consulting Psychologist", and I suspect it is to give needed gravitas to the show.

Rhonda sort of reminds me of that crazy aunt who hides a flask in her bra an sneaks sips at the family dinner when she thinks no one is looking. She's pleasant and funny enough, but no one really takes her seriously. In that way, she's relatively harmless. Iyanla on the other hand is aggresive and dominant, at best, and borderline ego maniacle, at worst. She's the most dangerous. In the proper context she's harmless. When she's writing books or her monthly colum for various women's mags, I think she can be very useful, but when she is using women with potentially serious psychological problems a la kim (who can forget that fiasco where she had kim rolling around on the ground kicking and screaming.) to play out her own unresolved issues, I think that crosses the line.

Also, I think you guys are right about the weak-mindedness of some of the HGs but I think that is by design. They need women to come into the house who can be easily guided. The women who have come into the house who are not as easily guided didn't last long: Tess..Kimberlyn..Sommer..Deborah to name a few.. but that's another thread altogether. Suffice it to say, Iyanla wouldn't be nearly as effective if someone more independent showed up in the house. I know if it were me and she tried to suffocate me with her DD's, I wouldn't have it for a minute!!

working4aliving 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail working4aliving Click to send private message to working4aliving Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Also, I think you guys are right about the weak-mindedness of some of the HGs but I think that is by design. They need women to come into the house who can be easily guided.

I agree with you to a point. The women do have problems and that does make them vulnerable however, many are also successful business women, wives and homemakers. These things require a modicum of common sense and social grace as well as the ability to know when someone has crossed the line. Personally, if I had never seen the show before and become a guest and Ms. Iyanla made the attempt, I would protest (and probably be kicked out of the house for it). You have to wonder if these women park their self-respect at the door when they walk into the house! Why has not one of them said, "wait a minute! Back off!"?

As for Dr. Stan.... that's a completely different issue. I'd take one of his hugs anytime!

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-14-06, 05:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Hey, did you guys catch Iyanla talking to Jodi about her need to nurse her wounds? Everytime she talked about nursing and healing, Iyanla gestured her hand toward her chest then down to her abdomen. I was laughing thinking about the comments in this thread! I know it's silly but for a moment breasts were in the picture and nursing was in the conversation with those 2! It was a hoot.

04-14-06, 05:34 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
I know exactly what you are talking about. The irony in that moment was definately palpable. What is Iyanla's obsession with breasts and maternity??

shell921 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-14-06, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shell921 Click to send private message to shell921 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
oh i disagree--i think a big maternal hug from iguana
with her double D's would be terrfiff!

allenjo 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-14-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail allenjo Click to send private message to allenjo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Maybe Iguana wanted to put Jodi on her lap and nurse her like she did to Christina one time... But we all know that Jodi is a BIG girl and I don't know if Iguana can give a big maternal hug to Jodi when Jodi is already addictied to hugging people unconditionally. Those two women's hug must be smothering and so passionate!!!

04-20-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
26. "Breast-fest Part II: The new girls"
Looks like I have to add my new thoughts to this old post. *Shout out to Mystic*

I thought I would refresh the original theme of this thread given the new girls in the house with. Next week, Iyanla will have three new women to envelop in her *grace*..

Anybody care to make any guesses on how long it will take Ms Iyanla to perform her signature bosom move on any of the new women? My guess is, she will try to put the move on Antonia first since Antonia seems to be so independent and strong-willed. She probably looks at breaking Antonia down as a challenge. I give it a week tops.. Niambi wil be bringing up the rear. Whoever the returning HG is, and I pray it's Deborah, she'll probably be last..I could be wrong tho. Niambi is showing some cracks in her armor.

What do you guys think? Of the new women, who will Iyanla smother-mother first?

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Breast-fest Part II: The new girls"
I think she'll smother Niambi first. Antonia is going to give her a run for her money. She may not be able to catch her for a while. And Antonia may just be feisty enough to say No to some of Iyanla's requests.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-21-06, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Breast-fest Part II: The new girls"
My vote is for Niambi. She seems the most vulnerable at the moment. But I think also think Antonia is more than thrilled that Iyanla is her coach and would not refuse a boobie hug from her idol.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-21-06, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Breast-fest II"
Oo, oo, oo.... I just had an ICKY thought!!!

What if Jodi beats Iyanla to BOTH OF THEM!!!!
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!
Runs screaming from the room.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-06, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Breast-fest II"
Velvet Elegance,

I just read this whole thread. You are to be commended for your decorum in overseeing the continuing saga of Miss Iyanla's udders. OK, I apologize, I've been dying to use that word when referring to Iyanla's maternal mammaries. LOL

Iyanla apparently believes that within her bosom lies a place of primal peace and happiness; it's her delivery system of serenity and nurturing. She means no harm. When she gets too aggressive, the HG's should say, "NO" firmly, and then back away slowly.

Seriously, I'm not really fond of all the symbolic "nursing" that Iyanla and the HG's engage in (not to mention the tears and fluids that have been deposited on her sweaters and blouses), but then again, I bottle fed my two babies (La Leche League be damned!).

For now, I'm going to just watch to make sure that her nurturing is in spirit only, but the first day she discreetly lifts her blouse, well, you can bet that NBC is going to get a very strongly worded letter from yours truly!

04-21-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Breast-fest II"
Very interesting thread. There is a big difference between a hug and what Iyanla does. Most people, especially if they are not in an intimate relationship, just hug...a quick embrace, arms only, and not a full body press. Iyanla does this head lock wrestling move and shoves the persons head directly into her chest. (Or magnificent udders, lol SR) She doesn't wait for permission or even size up whether or not the person appears receptive. I bet there have been some VERY awkward moments around Iyanla's so called hugs that have been edited out.

04-21-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Breast-fest II"
We have a winner!

The question was posed: which new HG will be the first to experience Iyanla's nurturing? Miss Niambi is the winner!

Velvet Elegance wrote: "...Niambi will be bringing up the rear".

I bet you didn't know how prophetic those words would be, VE. Iyanla did a smooth move today - she went from the typical bosom smother right into the cheek-to-cheek "fanny fuse"!

"I have your back, baby, I have your back!"

I, for one, am hoping she goes back to the bosom smother. The fanny fuse was.....worse.

04-22-06, 01:14 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Yep, Niambi was treated to the greatest, most mystical moment yet with the Queen Bosom-Healer. (Jodi ranks a poor second - a mere poser) Ilanya and Niambi stood Shank to Shank, Glute to Glute. And we witnessed Niambi's spirit struggle towards the light, finally emerging (for air!) from the depths of Ilanya's "maternal mammaries." I'm so weepy, I must stop.

04-22-06, 03:08 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
"...we witnessed Niambi's spirit struggle towards the light, finally emerging (for air!) from the depths of Iyanla's 'maternal mammaries'."

ROTFLMAO!

And you're right Stormchaser. Iyanla is the standard...Jodi is a poser!

04-22-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Seasoned Refinement, I loved your term, "maternal mammaries"! I realize that in my zeal, I appropriated it without attribution. It's perfect! LOL

04-22-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Again...why the mortifying full body press, front to front OR back to back? I could handle a supportive hug but these are NOT hugs. Shudder. Note to Iyanla: Ever thought about just saying "I got your back" without a graphic tush push demo?

ChristinaJB 158 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChristinaJB Click to send private message to ChristinaJB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
I am sorry, but can we have some new material and exercises???
I have seen the 'I've got your back' exercise with Kim from season 2 right before her visit with her sister. It was meaningful then, it looks like a rerun now. These props are getting old.
Next, they will drag out the 3 ring'd baby pool, fill it with crap and goo and have Antonia mash around in it cuz of the mess of her credit she's made (A-la Lisa 2 this season). Sommer is coming back, so they'll have to build yet another phoney wall (Bethany last year, Jennifer last year) for her to write all of her issues regarding what walls she put up. And then we'll drag in Antonia's dad like they did Rachel's.
What did I miss? Anyone? Oh, and they each get a face brusing boobie hug from IV. There. That's the rest of the season...wink~

04-22-06, 11:41 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
You guys are cracking me up..You know, if these shows weren't filmed months ago, you would think Iyanla was actually reading these boards. LOL. It was slick how she eased an unsuspecting Niambi into her bosom. Poor Niambi never even saw it coming. Then she tried to update her signature move with the whole "I have your back" silliness. Yea Niambi was, as they call it in Vegas, the dark horse.. There was a part of me that suspected she might be the first to crack tho. At first, I wasn't sure if it qualified as a full-on nursing...but then I had to play it back and yea, it definately qualifies. She didn't annouce that she was about to welcome Niambi into her *grace* the way she did Jodi a couple weeks ago, but she definately put it on her..She even added the head stroking.

04-23-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Wonder if Iyanla's dinners (bosoms) leak at the appearance of a new HG? We must pay closer attention...

BeeBe 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-24-06, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeeBe Click to send private message to BeeBe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Didn't they try using belly dancing for the women a season or two ago, and then some kind of Latin dancing for Lisa 2? And now for Niambi they are enriching her experience with the Tushie Tango.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-24-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Can you imagine how much Toadie and Iguana are going to hug and smoosh each other when Toadie leaves? OMG I have to skip eating that day for sure. And the ocean of tears Taodie will shed....

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Bosoms-of-Healing: Iyanla vs. Jodi"
Ewwwwwwww.

too much bossom-al contact for me.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •