The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IV at group"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IV at group"
Did anyone notice that IV, for the very first time, was silent during Bethany's story? This was probably very difficult for her to hear, as well as for all of us. However, she was unusually stoic and it came across as a little cold. Even though you could see the pain in her eyes.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't even hear her ask one question.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IV at group SOinEden 04-04-06 1
   RE: IV at group zonkerpup 04-06-06 11
 RE: IV at group dasboot 04-04-06 2
   RE: IV at group phlinky 04-04-06 3
       RE: IV at group Cleverone 04-05-06 4
           RE: IV at group JessicaRN 04-05-06 5
 RE: IV at group eire_heart74 04-05-06 6
   RE: IV at group desertdame 04-06-06 10
       RE: IV at group justmyopinion 04-12-06 18
 RE: IV at group Bachlott 04-05-06 7
   RE: IV at group Sweeti 04-05-06 9
 RE: IV at group kawyar 04-05-06 8
 RE: IV at group daisy4360 04-06-06 12
   RE: IV at group TruGoodness 04-07-06 13
   RE: IV at group mapleleaf 04-07-06 14
       RE: IV at group Ptmsf 04-07-06 15
           RE: IV at group tac_2 04-08-06 16
 RE: IV at group lovemydogdude 04-08-06 17
   RE: IV at group GoodnightLittleBear 04-12-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SOinEden 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOinEden Click to send private message to SOinEden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: IV at group"
I'm sure Bethany's story was especially hard for IV because she also lost her daughter to cancer a few years ago. Her daughter was in her early 30's but it was her child.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zonkerpup 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zonkerpup Click to send private message to zonkerpup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: IV at group"
IV's quiet because she is STILL going through her own grief process with her daughter. I can understand her being able to treat someone with cancer, but not someone who's own grief at the loss of a daughter is so raw and new. IV's own situation is not that old. It will take years before she is in that space safely. At this point much of IV's therapy would be about herself instead of her client. I've said other places, that I've lost a child. It takes years and you cannot hurry the process. And the reality is that you will never be the same again. It is a growth period/process that most of us would chose not to go through; and we're drug through it kicking and screaming.
Peace, Kathy

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: IV at group"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Why was she silent? Bethany replaced Jill and should be coached by Her Magnificence, Iyanla. The 'in your face' drama queen asking badgering almost each houseguest she coaches with "what are you going to do" has been silenced. {gasp} Iguana should be coaching Bethany and she should have been asking more questions of her. Iguana was silent through the whole storytelling and that is very, very, very unusual for her not to have something to say. Perhaps she didn't feel the need to be a clown because the drama of what Bethany had to share was enough in itself.

Apparently, Iguana was passed over for the job of LCing Bethany. Rhonda says she is Bethany's LC, which means she, Rhonda, is lifecoaching 4 houseguests now and Her Magnificence, Iyanla, is lifecoaching 2. Something isn't right. Bethany should have gone to Her Magnifigence.

SO is desperate. Looks like this is their last hoorah and they are trying to redeem themselves for all of the crap/crud they've put on the airways over the past 3 years and made it seem like the show was legit. I don't agree that there isn't good stuff there, it's just too bad it has to be dug for through all of the nonsense : fake drama, misleading promos, editing, hairdos, outfits, makeup, fake nails, halfffff-truths, false eyelashes, jewelry, art, fancy houses, gossiping and backbiting, cat fights, and fame hungry houseguests.

The ship is going down and they are trying to say : See, we weren't so bad. If Rhonda Britten thinks she is going to help this woman with a few whacky exercises, she is delusional. I don't want to watch this. But it's part of life, so I guess I will.

I think the LC's are preparing us for the end of the show and what better way then teaching us how to grieve a loss?

I can only see a final reunion show of all SO members who wish to attend after all of the current ladies have graduated. The final goodbye. Which is ok because nothing lasts forever and from the minute we are born we are experiencing necessary and not so necessary losses. To live well is to grieve well. Bring it on!!!! Grieve and move on.

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: IV at group"
I think that since IV lost a daughter, she would be too emotional to handle Bethany. Probably Rhonda is the best LC to deal with this since IV's daughter passed just a few years ago.

I was surprised at her lack of "coaching" or goading the new HG to tell her story truthfully. I don't think she needed to. However, if you look at her eyes, it told the whole story. IV could have said something and it was edited out.

I think Bethany was to replace Lisa who was Rhonda's "patient."

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-05-06, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: IV at group"
>I think that since IV lost
>a daughter, she would be
>too emotional to handle Bethany.
>Probably Rhonda is the best
>LC to deal with this
>since IV's daughter passed just
>a few years ago.
>
>I was surprised at her lack
>of "coaching" or goading the
>new HG to tell her
>story truthfully. I don't think
>she needed to. However, if
>you look at her eyes,
>it told the whole story.
>IV could have said something
>and it was edited out.
>
>
>I think Bethany was to replace
>Lisa who was Rhonda's "patient."
>

I agree with you Iyanla's loss was fairly recent and it would be unlikely that she'd be the best choice for a young grieving mother who's own grief is so fresh...I think it was a wise choice to let Rhonda guide Bethany thru this process and the odds are a little off because Rhonda is coaching 4 women and Iyanla 2...but, she'll need all her "stamina" for boot camp with Jodi and Lisa2...both still very rooted in their past behaviors and not eager to move forward.

There wasn't much to "goad" out of this woman's story because it's a "real story" of "real tragedy"...not at all like the BS the others are there for...the problem with the show has been the caliber of the HG's..not the LC's...most of the women this season have been "very shallow and superficial" ....lacking in "real problems"...a few scattered amid the crowd.

There's a time and place for everything and the LC's are wise ones and their behavior was admirabe.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-06, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: IV at group"
Bethany's story is so raw and so heartbreaking and for some reason I flashed onto Lisa 1 dry heaving in the bowl when she told her story. Kind of puts this year of SO into perspective.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-06, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: IV at group"
I didn't hear her say a peep! But like the other posters, I agree that losing a child like she did whatever age might be still hard for her to talk about.

I did notice 4 for Rhonda and 2 for IV. What's with that? IV seems to be fading into the background more and more.

desertdame 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desertdame Click to send private message to desertdame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: IV at group"
I thought IV seemed more bored than anything....pursing her lips and acting like she did not want to be there. I think that as an LC one should put personal experiences on the back burner and tune in to the needs of the client. I kept trying to read her face for any sign of empathy or compassion......none. Most of the time she is hard on the newbies, so I was actually relieved that she was silent with Bethany's intro into the house.

justmyopinion 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justmyopinion Click to send private message to justmyopinion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: IV at group"
>I thought IV seemed more bored
>than anything....pursing her lips and
>acting like she did not
>want to be there. I
>think that as an LC
>one should put personal experiences
>on the back burner and
>tune in to the needs
>of the client.

That's usually not possible to do. The likelihood that IV would be able to really help anyone else with the loss of a child before she herself has come to grips with it is slim. It would be the ethical and kind thing to do to not take it on. You need some good clinical distance to be able to help someone through their pain and it didn't look to me like IV had that kind of distance. She didn't look like she wanted to be there and it may well be because it was triggering her own issues and pain to hear Bethany's story. I say bravo for not letting ego get in the way of someone else's healing and stepping down.

Bachlott 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-05-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bachlott Click to send private message to Bachlott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: IV at group"
I think Iyanla remained quiet because she has lost a daugher herself. For once, she can identify with someone else's feelings. Shout it out to the universe. She is human after all. Iyanla probably didn't want to be her life coach because it would remind her too much of her own issues. Just a thought.

Sweeti 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweeti Click to send private message to Sweeti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: IV at group"
i can see the point about IV and her daughter, but she lost her child to cancer and still was able to be Alisons LC.
i think IV is doing more speaches and what not , things not SO related. probably knew/knows the show is toasted.

kawyar 58 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kawyar Click to send private message to kawyar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: IV at group"
I noticed Iyanla's quiet too, but Bethany's story is truly heart-breaking. I noticed that Kim was quite deeply affected too, and I was quite touched by that.

However, Iyanla sorta made up for her silent dignity later on after group by, well, basically, grinding Kelly's body into her own during what appeared to be either a very intense body hug or some lovemaking. WTF?! It bordered on the obscene, IMO.

daisy4360 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daisy4360 Click to send private message to daisy4360 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: IV at group"
I noticed this too. I do recall hearing IV make a couple of comments, but not anything more than that. My thought on why she was so quiet was because of her having lost her own daughter. I guess that is probably why Rhonda is coaching Bethany instead of IV.

I am thinking they will probably be graduating one of Rhonda's other clients and give the newbie to IV.

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: IV at group"
I don't know how Rhonda and Iyanla can stand it sometimes. It must be so hard to be triggered by all the issues of the houseguests all the time.

http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

mapleleaf 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mapleleaf Click to send private message to mapleleaf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: IV at group"
It was refreshing that Iyanla was quiet, and that Rhonda was kind and compassionate. The LC's are usually challenging and sarcastic when new houseguests are telling their story. I suppose they do it in the name of breaking down the person's shield or protective barrier, or whatever lies they think the person is telling themselves...but IMO it is not very welcoming. I thought to myself that they better be compassionate with Bethany.

Ptmsf 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ptmsf Click to send private message to Ptmsf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: IV at group"
Hi, I am new here, just joined a week or so ago and have been lurking to get a idea of how you all do this. : )
My take on IV being quiet is I don't think either IV or Rhonda are sure Bethany is going to stay there, so why open up the fresh wounds even more and then have her decide she doesn't want to stay? I think if Bethany stays you will see both Rhonda and IV dig at her like they do the other women. Right now Bethany is so undecided as to should she stay or go, no one wants to approach her and cause more damage. Also this is a situation that Bethany didn't choose to put herself in unlike the other women who created their own drama, so for that I think they are giving Bethany more respect and gentle time before the hard work begins. Hope I get a chance to get to know you guys. I love this board so far, so much insight. : )

Ptmsf

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-08-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: IV at group"
Actually, I thought Iyanla's silent act was just that -- an act.
IOW, just another form of her drama. Too bad really, her continual need for center stage even got in the way of Bethany's story. Silence can be a real attention getter and Iyanla knew it.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-08-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: IV at group"
Iyanla's hardly even been on the show lately,..they even show her commenting in her very own confessional which I'm sure they had to track her down to do the interview. She's obviously busy with God knows what..probably because she knows the show is almost over. She's graduating Lisa now and I would bet if a new HG came in Rhonda would probably get her too??? Wouldn't surprise me anyways. I realize IV's loss..but don't believe it's why she didn't take Bethany on..have a feeling it's cuz she's never there anymore! As far as her silence during Bethany's story well it's a MIRACLE IMO!!!

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-12-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: IV at group"
It could be that the producer's didn't want her to have another HG with a cancer story in the same season because then it would appear that she is the cancer LC (no offense intended to any cancer survivor). It would look more like survivor support rather than an LC/HG relationship. Nothing wrong with survivor support but I think the producers are wanting to keep up that professional LC charade.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •