The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
The new season started in early September. Today is April 3rd (Lisa1's graduation extravaganza) and all I can think is...why oh why am I still watching Lisa1, Jessica, and Jill on new episodes of Starting Over??? Not to mention being forced to see Allison & Christina in "flashback" on my TV screen???

Seriously, did NO ONE attend any of the casting calls?? Can't SO find anyone to appear on this show? Is Jessica going to attend every graduation till the very end of the season, even those of women she does not know?

Whatever happened to these women being featured for 8 weeks instead of 8 months?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... L_11 04-03-06 1
 RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... eire_heart74 04-03-06 2
 RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... lovemydogdude 04-03-06 3
   RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... SOWayz 04-04-06 4
       RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... tac_2 04-04-06 5
           RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... Zoey 04-04-06 6
           RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... Lanna42 04-04-06 7
 RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pl... Redbud 05-05-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

L_11 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L_11 Click to send private message to L_11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
>Seriously, did NO ONE attend any
>of the casting calls??
>Can't SO find anyone to
>appear on this show?

My beef, in conjunction to your point, is this other business of bringing HGs back from 17 seasons ago because their issues are still *unresolved*.

Honestly, I think they're running out of women.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-03-06, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
Ditto for you there! You know Jessica will come to all of them. She certainly has nothing else to do at night it seems.

Regarding seeing castmates from past seasons. I just wish it was for a good positive catch up. Like with Bethany came to see Allison and she looked and sounded great. That put a smile on my face to see her doing so well. With the way it seems right now, it's like SO doesn't work for the long term.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
SOH is going DOWN and this season and it's HG's are a sure sign. I too am so sick of the original 6 (except TJ lol) and believe that all their delving into the past HG bs is just to buy them time this season and perhaps bring more success stories out of their personal failures or those in need of a tune up.

Any new HG at this point IMO is unethical as they would not have enough time to adequately deal with their hearts!? (especially the complicated issues they've taken on this season)..but I'm betting they'll do it anyways. Somehow I doubt they've been short on applicants for the show..wonder WTF they've been thinking???

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-06, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 05:16 AM (EST)

I thought it was interesting that in Monday's episode, one of the houseguests voiced her hope that it would be someone new, not another retread that stays one week. The problem with retreads is that they don't come in "even-handed", they immediately assume a higher position of superiority, and impede the normal cohesion of the group.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

My frustration with SO hasn't been so much the return of former housemates but that they either didn't accomplish much to begin with or left with no real tools to fulfill their goals.

I wouldn't have minded the entire season being the original six women working on genuine and realistic goals with life coaches who sincerely wanted to see them succeed. (Excluding Christina because she had a small child). The show would have been far more believable to me if there had been carefully selected women there for the duration of the whole season because true and lasting change takes a lot more time than just a few months.

As it is now, the SO door is swinging open and shut for the wrong reasons. Cassie's and Lisa's return and subsequent rewards for doing nothing but supposedly entertaining us really brought home the fact SO isn't based on reality at all.

If I could predict who would be coming back next it would be Jill. IMO, she was the most used for ratings, yet made the least progress as far as laying the foundation for a secure and realistic future. They'd better hurry, though..SO is just about ready to get canned.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

Before today, when Bethany arrived, I was thinking that they wanted a more temporary guest to close the season (Kim's mother, Cassie, Lisa1) but now I don't know what they are thinking.

Excluding breaks though, it is supposed to last until September, isn't it?

ETA: I think, like any other form of self-improvement, it's important to show "tune-ups". I don't think anyone leaves the SO house or other therapy or self-help programs without some re-tuning needed. We are not perfect. We need guidance.

Like someone who is overweight or has an addiction, I think we all need refresher courses in how to stay on track. I don't think this is discouraging to the SO house but is encouraging to people with realistic goals, who understand their faults but are willing to continue working on them.

You all know that old saying "Life is a journey, not a destination".

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

Agreed!! Of all the seasons of this show and I have watched from the beginning this group and the one preceding it were in my estimation the LEAST likeable.Not only have I found myself NOT rooting for them to succeed as I WAS in previous seasons but I have actually hoped some would fail.Because they just didn't seem committed to working at it or they were just plain unlikeable as in Kelly's case.I understand the need to bring in conflicting personalities or difficult ones for the entertainment value but it really has compromised the integrity of the original premise of the show which was I think to provide a supportive,immersive therapy environment for women to face their problems.I know they have to have a few fruitcakes like Lisa.Who was nice to look at and would probably be amusing as a casual friend.But to actually take her SERIOUSLY was to much to ask.Then there were the HG ala Allison,Karen,Jill,Cassie who needed a long stint in REHAB and some DECADES of MEGA THERAPY not the frou,frou environment of the SO house.Flamenco lessons,face casting and diving into a pool of scum may work on someone with relatively superficial problems but it's not going to undo a lifetime of horrible life choices. NEXT............

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Get some *NEW* HOUSEGUESTS, pleeeeeease!"
I'm rejuvenating this old thread because this irritates me no end. My biggets complaint with SOH is that they keep recycling the same old guests!!!!! SOH: We don't care!! Why keep bringing back old guests? They have had their turn, had their moment in the sun, had their 15 mins of fame!! Give new people a chance! If we want to see these oldies, we'll watch the reruns in the middle of the night. Honestly, stop throwing retreads at us! Let some fresh faces in!!! Are you listening!!
And while you're at it, dump that stupid Andy Page. She's a waste. You're out in Hollywood for pete's sake, there must a zillion talented stylists!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •