The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

NicNac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-06, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NicNac Click to send private message to NicNac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
As much as I criticize the houseguests and Life Coaches, I know if Starting Over doesn't return next season, I will miss it tremendously!! Through all of the crazy assignments and immature room-mate fights, I still manage to learn quite a bit from this show. Seeing the different personalities on SO has helped me understand myself more and also some of the people in my life. I guess behind every face, there is a story and sometimes it takes a little more patience to deal with certain people than with others.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... eire_heart74 04-02-06 1
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... jonimoni 04-02-06 2
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... creepyoldwoman 04-02-06 3
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... SOfan0221 04-02-06 4
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... ljt 04-02-06 5
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... bookwomanblue 04-02-06 6
       RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... EMTBGRL 04-03-06 7
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... lovemydogdude 04-03-06 8
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... AmazonBlue 04-03-06 9
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... SOWayz 04-04-06 10
   A number of stations Cygnus X1 04-04-06 12
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... kawyar 04-04-06 11
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... MsSammy 04-04-06 13
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... tac_2 04-04-06 14
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... jonimoni 04-04-06 16
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... 26mitogo 04-04-06 15
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... shawnar 04-04-06 17
       RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... origsofan 04-04-06 18
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... Cleverone 04-05-06 19
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... SeasonedRefinement 04-05-06 20
       RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... Shazbot 04-05-06 21
           RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... sharnina 04-05-06 22
               RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... Cygnus X1 04-05-06 23
                   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... mhb0125 04-06-06 24
                       RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... Cygnus X1 04-06-06 26
                           RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... wzmartin 04-06-06 28
 RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... MizJazmine 04-06-06 25
   RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Awa... Shazbot 04-06-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
OH of course I will miss it because I find it to be very entertaining tv! I'm not a traditional soap opera fan and I love "reality tv". (whatever reality it is!)

It's like watching Nanny 911 when you're a mom. You can watch it and know, hey I';m not so bad! I usually turn it off feeling alot better about myself. Cause at least I don't have those problems and I'm not airing them all on tv!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jonimoni 136 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jonimoni Click to send private message to jonimoni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I have been complaining and moaning non-stop since the entire Sommer thing last year, a red letter A on your first day, good grief! Then this year vomit cry Lisa gets a D and as punishment goes to her own little house and all the other things she got away with??? I know it makes me sound crazy, but I WILL miss it, even as I wish that it would return to the show it was in the first season and not go away....

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
YES. A big resounding YES! I would/will miss it if it goes away. I started watching it the first season when I was stuck living in a small apt and wanted to get a house. Well, they kept concentrating on "living outside your comfort zone" and Rhonda said one of my favorite quotes "she's making excuses and living in them" This totally made me focus and now I have my house and moved a great distance since then.

I think it puts issues that affect women out in the open. They break them down to find the original source and then they work with them and show us how much new ways of thinking can help. So, I have learned so much from it.

I don't watch soap operas or other reality tv shows. So, this one has to be pretty special in order to get me and it is.

I think they should do whatever they can to keep it on.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-02-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
as much as betoch, p!$$ and moan about some of the houseguests and some of the depraved assignments they are forced to do I would still suffer withdraw if it were to leave.

ljt 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-02-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ljt Click to send private message to ljt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I definitely will miss it. It's a nice difference among the soap operas and talk shows that are on all day long. I give these women so much credit for getting on TV and airing their dirty laundry. I'd love to go to a place like that, but would never have the guts to do it and be on TV like that.

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-02-06, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I will definitely miss it. I've watched every show my station has broadcast since the very first one. (They pre-empted the two weeks during the Olympics this past winter.) I'm with the woman who posted above: as much as I wish it would return to the show it was during the first season, I will still miss this show even with the changes. I'm really hoping that it will be saved.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-03-06, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Dunno. I suppose it would depend what I replaced it with..
probably going outside even more than I do now...
I DEFINITELY will miss it less now that Lisa1 graduated (gag me!)

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-06, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Heck Yeah! What else will I have to b!tch about lol.

AmazonBlue 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-03-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazonBlue Click to send private message to AmazonBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I am with you! I keep a journal and take notes when I hear great stuff from Iyanla and Rhonda, during group sessions and one on one. Really, its free therapy. If you dont hear stuff that in some way pertains to your own behavior or someone you know and give you insight, you are just one of those who never sees their part in situations. I think this is one of the most progressive shows on TV and one of the most beneficial on mainstream TV.

Has anyone heard about it being cancelled??

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 05:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I love this show, it's the only daytime show I watch. It is interesting, and I love to complain about it. I think that with better casting and a defined structure that is adhered to, it could be a better show. I will miss it desperatly.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "A number of stations"
have said that it will not be back next year. BMP will neither confirm nor deny, but the show's ratings have been down.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the final season.

Better than I deserve.

kawyar 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kawyar Click to send private message to kawyar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Yanno, as much as I like coming here and reading the posts on a near-daily basis, the show has gone downhill for me really badly. I used to admire Iyanla, and now she seems totally whacked out to me with her assignments. I don't know what's happened to her this season, but I'm finding that there's nothing that her charges can do that will please her. When Allison stood up for herself (what a laughable charade that was) she was rewarded by hugs. When Jill stood up for herself ("I ain't carrying that baggage no more."), IV got her knickers in a knot. She's been totally arrogant with Lisa2 and Jodi. Mind you they prolly make it easy for her, but still, they're not developing healthy theraputic relationships with their LC -- more like a surrogate mom.

Nah, if they can this show, I won't miss it. I can only watch it from 7-8 am, and since it's a repeat from the previous day's show, I'm always catching up to what is being discussed on this board.

Reality-therapy, I've had enough of it.

MsSammy 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-04-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsSammy Click to send private message to MsSammy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Nope. I think the show has "jumped the shark" this season. Too much drama, hysterics, lame assignments from the life coaches, whining...

The only thing that is good about the show is Dr. Stan. He's a straight-talker. I actually learn something from him when he interacts with the women.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I won't miss the show. In fact, if there was a petition that supported it's cancellation, I'd sign it.

Reasons for that are too many to list but mainly it's because I simply don't believe what I'm seeing and I'm tired of feeling insulted after watching.

But I will definitely miss this SO forum. I think, in large part, it's what kept me (and who knows how many others) connected to SO.
imo, if not for the forums (which, remember, Iyanla bashed) the show would have probably been cancelled long ago.
SO underestimated us, ladies, and if gets dumped then I think we should proud.

jonimoni 136 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonimoni Click to send private message to jonimoni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Ya know, with all the bitchin and moaning I have been doing for the last season, the drum and poem solo was the singular "jump the shark" moment for me!!! Good grief, and my hubby looked at me with the "you actually watch this stuff" look on his face and I was embarassed to say yes.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Will I miss SO if it goes away?? Which SO ... the old SO or the new SO??? IMO, they are not one and the same. I DO miss the old SO. I've been missing it all season. As far as I'm concerned, they can take the new SO and throw it immediately in the can. I have it scheduled to record each day on the DVR and occasionally scan through it to see if there is some actual insight, help, therapy, compassion, personal responsibility, support, and all the rest that innitially made SO the amazing, original, helpful show it began as. THAT's what I miss.

During the OldSO, watching angry, hurtful, or irresponsible behavior of some of the women wasn't the irritating, blood-pressure rising, agony it has now become. "Bad" behavior of old was shown ... yet you could be comforted knowing it was being shown BECAUSE it would be delt with, if not in the immediate episode, within the next day or two. Now, "bad" behavior is being shown strickly for the "rubber-neck" curiosity value. And that's why the blood pressure gauge climbs anytime I attempt to really WATCH and actual concentration on this years show. It's like watching a spoiled rotten brat completely controlling a group of adults and the adults being clueless of the irritating behavior and even more clueless of any actual solution. Or like the school bully with the bully dad who controls the school board, continually getting away with horrible, hateful behavior and still getting all the awards never earned nor deserved.

I'll be the first to admit, I want to see the bullies have to answer for their behavior and have to learn another way, apologize, atone ... whatever. I wanted to see Allison called on her selfish, whining, attention-seeking behavior, made to see how it doesn't serve her, and I would have loved watching her learn to be truely giving and compassionate, not the fake self-serving compassion she loved to TELL everyone she had. I would have stayed glued without blinking if I could have watched GagLisa being shown in a session with the LCs her fake, rediculous, worse-acting-on-the-planet crying and puking and being called on it each and every time she tried to get something from it. I would have liked to see Jill have to answer for her entitlement issues more than just at the first of her marathon stay and not given even more reasons to increase this harmful attitude. I would love to watch as Kelly is made to see her hateful, obsessed, lazy attitude and ... again, called on it each time. And not because I want to see the women "whipped" just because their behavior is obnoxious but because none of these women will be able to have the happy, successful, fulfilling lives they truly want without someday being what I know they deep inside wish they could be ... the confident, successful woman we all want to be. We all have varying degrees of a lot of irritating or self-limiting behaviors. Watching as these women learn of theirs, understand them, then learn what to do to limit or eliminate them is what made SO the unique program it started as. Was it good to send Allison or any of the others home with a fake graduation seemingly worse off than the day they entered the house? Is Allison getting the positive life-affirming attention she desperately tried to get? No, Allison is one of the biggest jokes of SO. Is this what she came on the program for? I'll admit, I saw more than enough evidence of Allison's whinny, self-serving behavior during her 1st season to not care for her at all but there are others who came to the SOH that I didn't like at the beginning but grew to support and pull for as they learned and grew during their time on SO. I would have loved to have gotten behind and pulled for Allison also but SO never gave me the chance. Now, my memory of her will always be one of dislike ... one that would only be humiliation for her. Do I blame Allison? I don't know. Yes, she came on a reality show, maybe wanting fame or a new career or some other self-serving gain. That was Allison. But I don't think she fully deserved what she got. I'll always believe those who came on the show the 1st couple of seasons honestly came for help in "starting over" for any number of reasons ... and in the mix, they may have also wanted the attention. Allison has problems, as do many of those we see. But now it seems what I see is more of SO exploiting these problems, putting the women in situations to exadurate their problems, then editing them to laughable proportions. Yes, that is what reality TV is all about. But when SO started I thought maybe thay could actually be a bit different. They seemed to start that way ... and my worst fears were realized ... that they would morph themselves into the exact replica of the hundreds of other reality shows scattered all over the TV schedule.

I've gotten a lot out of SO, especially at the beginning. It came at a time for me when my own life was barely liveable. I was fighting for my life, physically. My body was a prison, making my own bedroom a prison cell. I needed whatever I could find that was positive and affirming. SO was a drop in a huge bucket of void I was trying to survive. My own siblings and parents had abandoned me during this life-threatening illness when I had spent my entire adult life giving and being supportive to them all. I couldn't understand their behavior. It was devistating. My only child, one of the strongest positive forces in my life, had just moved 500 miles away out of state to college. I'd never sat still a day in my life and just before the illness I was running marathons, playing competitive tennis and beach volley ball, riding bikes and hiking at every chance, finally hubby & I had the resources to travel nationally and internationally, and I'd quit one career & was back in school for a new masters degree and a new career. I was living the life I'd dreamed and worked many years to attain. In a matter of weeks I was fighting for my life and completely bed-ridden. I was struggling.

Though my health is finally improving and it looks like I MIGHT be able to SOMEDAY run just a teeny tiny bit (please God - it's my mental, physical, & emotional salvation!) I got used to the daily affirmation and reminder to continue to strive to be the best me I can be. I hope to resume one class this fall so hope I have less and less time to fill ... but I will still miss OldSO.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-06, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Yes I will miss it!But I do wish it was the old SO.

origsofan 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-04-06, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail origsofan Click to send private message to origsofan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I sure will. I've watched SO since the first show. I live in Texas and it's aired at 4 am so I have to tape it. I hope it stays on. I'd like to see some of the old characters especially Josie come back.

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-05-06, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Yes!!!! I'll truly miss the show no matter how crazy the antics get, I believe this show has "merit" ... it offers women in crisis an avenue to transition thru life. There has never been a show like this and it beats the heck out of any soap opera...I don't watch them...had given up on daytime TV years ago..wasted time.

I was hooked on the show from the very first season...I was newly retired and had loads of time...and I discovered SO and the rest is "history". Inspite of some problems this season, the show was still very enlightening. There is a lesson for everyone....it helps those of us in the viewing audience, if nothing more than finding out that we can be compassionate and understanding people...that we won't like everybody and it's okay... we learn to be who we really are...we learn acceptance and respect for boundaries and we learn to agree to disagree....and the saddest thing I learned was that our local station isn't going to carry it next season and I've made my voice known...my only hope is that some network will listen to our pleas and keep this meritorious show on the air....now, I'll get off my soap box and go to bed. Peace!

Yes....I'm going to miss SO.....

"I walk in my own shoes..."

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Well said, 26mitogo. Which SO are we talking about?

Without this board and the people who regularly and thoughtfully post, I would have lost interest in this scripted piece of fluff by November. Even the posters with whom I disagree are a welcomed piece of the fabric of this board, and I truly enjoy hearing their perspectives. There is so much wisdom, experience, and perspective here. Starting Over is the subject matter that brings us all together. So yes, I'll miss that because I'll miss all of you.

As far as the actual program is concerned, I've decided that the show may be doing more harm than good to the women who have sold their privacy and stories in exchange for help. A lot of them have left the house being told that they've met their goals and have "truly started over". The graduations have become huge fanfares that are, for the most part, devoid of any real meaning besides, "you're leaving...tonight". Look at Lisa1. She couldn't follow the course when the cameras were monitoring her. Are we now supposed to believe that giving her less accountability and freedom at home was the missing piece to her puzzle? Allison felt so ill-prepared and sickened by the thought of leaving that she faked a hyperventilation scene. Jill, who's original goal was to "lose weight and gain control" did very little of either, but you wouldn't know that by watching her graduation. What about Cassie, Josie, and Christina? Where are they now, and do their golden statuettes mean a thing?

Besides that, the producers have let far too many women come through that front door under false pretenses. These women have tried and failed to disguise their real motives, but the truth is that SO was never supposed to be a "Star Search" for any of them.

To everything there is a season. I guess the seasons are changing.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
"My own siblings and parents had abandoned me during this life-threatening illness when I had spent my entire adult life giving and being supportive to them all. I couldn't understand their behavior. It was devistating." - Yuck 26mitogo, that's awful. And yet I know what that feels like, without the illness. Hopefully you can put yourself into a bigger picture with newfound friends maybe, because some people can just let you down, often especially those that should know better, unfortunately.

Seasoned Refinement, I agree that even the posters you disagree with are a welcome piece of the fabric of this board. There is much to be learned from different perspectives.

And too SR, whether the SO women were receiving more harm than good... I often wondered whether the stuff that's gone into my head from watching the show has done me less good than I'd like. Sometimes I've gotten the message that all can be fixed, and... well, it can't.

I hope they do cancel SO because I think they've given enough advice... and I really want to graduate!!!! Besides it's the only way I'll get rid of my obsessive behavior of watching the show and reading these boards.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Shazbot writes; I hope they do cancel SO because I think they've given enough advice... and I really want to graduate!!!! Besides it's the only way I'll get rid of my obsessive behavior of watching the show and reading these boards.

I couldn't agree more! As addicted as I am I will be happy to have my life back. I will miss the boards because they will eventually fade away when SO is gone but there is always the off-topic forum.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

04-05-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Yep, we've always got room for a few more on OT.

And we've got plenty of other shows to yammer about, in the blue column to the left. If yours isn't listed, there's always the Other Shows forum.

Better than I deserve.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-06, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
I have to say I would miss SO if it was cancelled. I'm pissed right now because Rollergirls was cancelled. I've signed the petition but I don't know how much good it will do.

I have this question, though, Cygnus stated that it was the last season, is it just a hunch or insider insight? They still have all of the casting info on the website...

04-06-06, 07:43 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06 AT 07:46 AM (EST)

As I think I mentioned elsewhere, we tried to get a straight answer out of BMP, but they wouldn't give one to our board owner. Their PR person said she'd get back to him. He's still waiting. That's code for "We know, and we know you know, but we're not confirming what you know."

The evidence is that numerous stations that carry SO have told members of this board that SO will not be back after this season, and apparently it's because NBC/Universal doesn't want to distribute it anymore. Doesn't sound good, if you ask me.

I check Broadcasting and Cable every so often to see if they have any news on it.

ETA: Don't go by what's on the show site. Remember, BMP fired its webstaff last year, and NBC/U maintains it -- barely -- in caretaker status.

Better than I deserve.

wzmartin 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wzmartin Click to send private message to wzmartin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
>I check Broadcasting and Cable every
>so often to see if
>they have any news on
>it.

Looks like today was the day...
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_3939.asp

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-06, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Well...hmmmm...I actually came to a decision about SO I think back in December. I decided that this was my last season watching this show whether it continues or not. Even tho' I've been watching this show from the first season, I never forgot Kimberlyn and how viciously IMO she was treated by SO. It was right in that moment that I knew SO was not what it claimed to be. It was not "Lifetime" or "Oxygen" so to speak. There have been some "nuggets" but to me they have become few and far between.

The show was initially addictive for me. It comes on twice in my area and I used to tape it. With season 2 I started fading but with this season I dunno...it's like B.B. King sang "The Thrill Is Gone". I don't always like the aftermath of how the show makes me feel sometimes. Almost like I've eaten something that's churning in my stomach. I don't feel "bad" after watching Survivor or The Amazing Race. But there have been times when I've said to myself this show is toxic and it's not good for me, but I started it so I'll finish it. I also tried to give the show the benefit of the doubt, that maybe it would really "bloom", but that's just not been the case IMO. To me the show has like a terminal illness and it ain't gettin' no better. It's getting worse.

So no I won't miss Starting Over if it goes away, and to be honest to a certain extent I would be glad if it did. For the most part I think I would miss the dialoguing that goes on amongst the viewers, because I have enjoyed many of the posters and their comments, but miss the show? Naw.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Will You Miss It If It Goes Away?"
Cygnus says "And we've got plenty of other shows to yammer about, in the blue column to the left. If yours isn't listed, there's always the Other Shows forum."

Absolutely! Being on these boards and interacting with all the different viewpoints has been the highlight, for me, of watching SO.

I'd love to know why NBC/Universal doesn't want to distribute the show anymore... and when exactly did this show die? There have been lots of complaints about season 3, but I suspect season 2 is where the seeds of demise were planted. I think the antics on season 3 by the coaches and soforth meant they'd been given one last ditch attempt to attract viewers.

I've been missing SO since season 1.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •