The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Weekends"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ljt 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

03-31-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ljt Click to send private message to ljt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Weekends"
What do these guys do on weekends? I mean, I realize they have more "assignments" than what we see ... but there's got to be a lot of "down time" the whole 8 weeks (or so) that they're there.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Weekends pmfmpls 03-31-06 1
   RE: Weekends Twinkles 04-01-06 3
 RE: Weekends DoctorRachel 03-31-06 2
   RE: Weekends ljt 04-02-06 6
 RE: Weekends eire_heart74 04-01-06 4
   RE: Weekends C_Mar 04-01-06 5
       RE: Weekends dasboot 04-02-06 7
           RE: Weekends phlinky 04-03-06 8
 RE: Weekends crazylady 04-17-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Weekends"
Maybe they take a little "me" time to relax, send emails to icky guys online, drink some wine, eat some junk food, and battle like teenagers over the bathroom. Oh! Wait!! That's everyday!

Yeah, I have no idea either...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-01-06, 05:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Weekends"
I don't know for sure but I suspect it's something like this:

The weekend is when they have time to finish their assignments, use their tools, practice sticking to their diets, exercise without being prompted, share the cleaning chores, be present while being together, be authentic, live fearlessly, call home as the woman they are now, and continue journaling their emotional journey.

In practice the weekend is time to sleep til they are annoyed by someone else waking up, sit around gossiping, eat whatever is easy to fix, clean compulsively for some women, send e-mail to anyone who will listen to you moan about the other women, gossip more, take a nap, complain about being bored and dread the upcoming week.

DoctorRachel 0 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-06, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoctorRachel Click to send private message to DoctorRachel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Weekends"
They actually only spend around 4 weeks in the house. I certainly hope they get a break from the show on the weekends.

ljt 0 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ljt Click to send private message to ljt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Weekends"
I've heard them elude to being there for like eight weeks before ... most say "two months since I've been here". And they were off over the holidays as the show was reruns of the "couples" show from last summer. I've sure Rhonda and Iyanla have time off and certainly don't work weekends.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-01-06, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Weekends"
From what I have heard before, they only get a Sunday afternoon off from filming. (You may remember the castmates whining about Kim being a grump when they gave her a party. "We gave up our afternoon for this" Meaning it was most likely Sunday when they did it.) I remember hearing from last season this was the only time they could really go out and shop without premission or do other things. Kind of a grind I would imagine to be so locked into a schedule of filming.

C_Mar 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Mar Click to send private message to C_Mar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Weekends"
They have a million things to do around that house, I don't know why they don't take advantage of it. Play tennis, go swimming, etc...

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-02-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Weekends"
I'm sure they do (play tennis and go swimming) but it's probably not shown because it is 'too positive.' The show seems to want to only feature/showcase the 'conflama' and drama of the ladies problems to keep it's ratings up. Guess they are afraid we wouldn't tune in to see 'happy' people doing normal things like playing tennis or taking a swim instead of some whacky, contrived assignment? The women are having fun with each other but it isn't being shown. They quickly learn how to (circumvent?) the process (say what needs to be said, do what needs to be done).

Which is why I have grown a little tired of the broadcasted negativity. It's not the total truth, it is just what we are being fed, what we are expected to swallow on a daily basis. After editing, the women are reduced to one-dimensional characters which in real life they are not. All we can see about Kelly is her meanness, all we can see about Kim is her dysfunctional childhood and dysfunctional personality.

The women are being paid to perform for the cameras, the editors, the producers, and the audience. They aren't being paid much, but they are being paid. They cry on cue, regurgitate psychobabble on cue, have immediate breakthroughs/insights on cue. They all deserve an Emmy! They are all performing.

Most seem to be performing and expecting some return/payback other than their own healing...like gaining an audience for a business or a career? If you are trying to start a business who couldn't use daily, national to 4 million viewers for a 4-month period? Most of the ladies have something to sell and so they are willing to come on camera and perform like animals.

The only loser is the viewer who has to try to make sense of all the half-truths. I WANT TO GET PAID, TOO!

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-06, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Weekends"
I remember when Lisa was supposed to get everyone out of the house and IV was running around with that airhorn. Lisa stated that they did not have the code to get out of the gate when IV asked why they did not leave. Does this mean that they are on "lock down" unless they have an assignment? Didn't they also have a curfew?

I did notice that everyone's hands look professionaly manicured etc.

crazylady 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-17-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazylady Click to send private message to crazylady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Weekends"
they only get 2 hours for errands etc. and the rest is doing laundry etc.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •