The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-27-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I'm sorry but I fail to see how this contributes to emergency preparedness for the housemates. Is Iyanla planning to be there in time of flood or fire to blast them with her air horn and scream "emergency" like a crazy woman?I'm all for being prepared but this seemed more like entertainment for Iyanla than anything else. Also,what did having NuLisa jump fully clothed into a swimming pool accomplish that a drunk spring breaker couldn't do?"Become as the regal air horn Iyanla.blow away."
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Baxtera 03-27-06 1
   RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... sharebear18_2000 03-27-06 2
 RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... lovemydogdude 03-27-06 3
   RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Baxtera 03-27-06 4
       RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... lovemydogdude 03-27-06 5
           RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Baxtera 03-27-06 6
               RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... lovemydogdude 03-27-06 7
 RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... JustBNMe 03-27-06 8
   RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... NicNac 03-28-06 9
 RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... eire_heart74 03-28-06 10
   RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Baxtera 03-28-06 11
       RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... alliswan42 03-28-06 12
   RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Lanna42 03-28-06 13
       RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Baxtera 03-28-06 14
           RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Shazbot 03-28-06 16
 RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... pinksparkleguitar 03-28-06 15
   RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Baxtera 03-28-06 17
       RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... ashoka 03-28-06 18
           RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... justfionablue 03-28-06 19
 RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... GoodnightLittleBear 03-28-06 20
   RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... Baxtera 03-29-06 21
       RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw ... azkate 03-29-06 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
This was typical of stupid IV exercises. Set the group up for failure and then humilate the person who failed.

I never did understand the purpose of the exercise to begin with as an exercise for putting Lisa in charge of getting the others out so she could be a leader. This is a house that is in chaos and disarray and now you want Lisa to lead them? Please. Drill Sergeant Jill couldn't have forced that group to get ready. Then Lisa gets in trouble for not making sure IV got out. Well gee your blowing the damn horn one would think you knew there was an emergency since your blowing the horn you'd know enough to get out.

This show should be called SO Fear Factor/Real World.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sharebear18_2000 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-27-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharebear18_2000 Click to send private message to sharebear18_2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
It's official , Iyanla is a wacknut!
All her stupid excersises she has people do, and you're right, she does set the women up for failure then humiliates them.

I loved the last few episodes that she wasn't on.

and LOL @ Dr Stan calling Kim's tone , a lil bit scary. Talk about understatement !

Official RTVW SO Boards Brown Noser since January 2006

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-27-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I agree it was done for IV's entertainment only. She does get off on setting the women up for failure too so that she can humiliate them..Agreed!

I've been through many firedrills in the healthcare setting, never seen a blowhorn used but I'm sure that's because we wouldn't have wanted to give the patients a coronary. I've never seen the person doing the drill complain because no one assisted them to safety..this person is technically only there to coordinate and observe the drill. The fact that IV b!tched that Lisa let her burn was absolutely ridiculous IMO.

03-27-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
It would never have occured to me to check for the person conducting the drill and I've done these things practically in my sleep. When IV started throwing a tantrum about being allowed to burn I just sat there and thought you've got to be kidding. Then I thought I truly wonder if they would come in after you if this had been a real fire. When the water exercise occured I so wanted the women to push IV in.

03-27-06, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
LOL..yep when Lisa and IV were hugging it looked like IV was right on the edge of the pool..sure crossed my mind too Baxtera.

Iyanla was supposed to represent the fire..she did not need saved and expecting such a thing it absolutely ridiculous. She had to find something to b1tch about though.

03-27-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I would have been worth getting thrown out of the house for that one shining moment and she could have argued the Universe told her to take back her power from IV.

As she was yelling about nothing I had a flashback to the lock down drills and the only one real time we ever had to do a real lock down in one of the schools I was working in. I'll never know who's brilliant idea it was to have doors that had key locks that could only be locked from the outside of the door. The locks were not the greatest to begin with and we often joked about getting stuck in the hallway during a lock down trying to get the darn door lock until after some of the actual school shootings, then it wasn't funny anymore, more of a panic moment when we heard the code word come over the loudspeaker for a drill. There were four of us in our hall and we'd all be working like mad trying to get the doors locked. The one time it was real all of us stood in the hallway and it took us what felt like an eternity to get those bloody doors locked. Then of course we had to take care of the shades and all the other tasks but the doors was definitly the most intimidating of all.

After the fact during both the drills and the real events we got a lecture from the fire chief about the time it took to do the doors. We explained very politely that if he wanted us to move faster he'd have to buy us better locks, preferably key locks that could be worked from the inside as it seemed ridiculous to have teachers standing out in the hallway as sitting ducks trying to get a lock to work in the middle of a possible fire fight. We also challenged him to show us a more effective way to lock the doors. His time wasn't much better than ours and he didn't have 25 kids in the classroom he was scared for. Needless to say while we never got new locks, he stopped lecturing us as well.

Isn't it interesting how while IV lectured she didn't demonstrate a more effective strategy than what Lisa used?

03-27-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I agree Bax..if there was a problem with Lisa's drill IV should have demonstrated the solution. Cracker Jack counceling at it's finest..IV's entire day was whack IMO.

The doors at your school sound in serious need of replacement. It is so sad that even the fire chief's knowledge wasn't enough to warrant their replacement.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-27-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
IV comes across as a big mouthed classless woman when she does junk like she did today. She runs around alot yelling at people about different thing. "What cha gonna do?" "I am burnt up" "I smell a lie!" "Do I smell resistance?" Then add to that her stupid execises and we see why SO may not be back for a 4th season. IV is making it turn into something that sounds like Dr. Phil morphing into Jerry Springer at times in terms of how she presents things and how she carries on. Gawd how I hated to see her on the tv and hear that obnoxious voice she uses.

NicNac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NicNac Click to send private message to NicNac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
>IV comes across as a big
>mouthed classless woman when she
>does junk like she did
>today.

JBM - Exactly!!! Does she even realize how much crediblity she loses each time she acts like this? Yikes, it makes me embarrassed for her!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-28-06, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
Just another stunt to make the women look dumb. I thought it was stupid myself.

First off that "to go" bag, in case of a real fire, you need to get your butt out the door. You don't go back into your room or closet because you have no idea where the fire could head next and you could be trapped in your room with your beef jerky ala Kelly.

They had no code for the gate? Ok in a real life fire, how scary is that??? Hello last season did they not have a episode where that actually happened. Again, they grabbed their roommate each and got out. With the exception of Deborah grabbing a bracelet and her kid's picture. Forget this silly exercise, they should of had that from the get go.

Jodi really irked me with her proclaimation of needing to have a partner. I loved how Christie was like "your roommate duh!" But Jodi kept looking for praise for this idea. Enough already! Stop fishing for compliments!

03-28-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I was wondering about the bag thing too. The emergency bags are more for evacuation purposes when you have time to evacuate for hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. During a fire you don't run upstairs to grab your little baggie that one little stop could mean the difference between life and death. The only thing you'd be going upstairs for would be your child.

People have spoken about being very inspired by IV but truthfully I have never seen it. Her messages are inconsistant, contraditorary, and rarely reinforced. The drill sergeant attitude would make more sense if the boot camp rules had a purpose and again were consistant. One moment she's hugging them and telling them to cry, the next moment she's kicking them in the butt.

I think IV needs a LC boot camp to get her act back together.

alliswan42 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alliswan42 Click to send private message to alliswan42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I agree-If some crazy person came running through my house with an air horn screaming about a fire, I sure as heck wouldn't save her. Heck, I'd be tempted to start one where she was to make the noise stop.

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"

>
>First off that "to go" bag,
>in case of a real
>fire, you need to get
>your butt out the door.
> You don't go
>back into your room or
>closet because you have no
>idea where the fire could
>head next and you could
>be trapped in your room
>with your beef jerky ala
>Kelly.

Hi Eire: Yes,Kelly is in midst of a supposed LIFE THREATENING emergency and her first thought is "Oh my God....I must rescue my precious beef jerky before it burns."And she has the balls to call Kim weird.Not suprising at all that Jodi wanted to pair up like the animals leaving Noah's Ark during a fire drill.It hasn't occured to her yet that engaging anyone with some spontaneity or mystery might be more attractive than the "I'm always stuck to you" approach.

03-28-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I guess the thing that struck me in all of this was that IV is having a rage and nobody turns to her and says fine you show me how it's done. Wouldn't it have made sense to try to contact someone in the fire profession to have them discuss fire saftey with the women or at least have Lisa 2 go and meet with someone to discuss it? I cannot imagine any fire professional would have advised having paper bags that you carry through the house with you and that you would risk you life to run through the house to go find. First paper is flamable and it make you more flamable. Secondly, you don't go running through the burning house to save your personal property. You get your behind out of the house because your clothes aren't much good to you dead.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
When Iyanla walked in for group, I thought - oh, no, here's that spoiled, noisy child again that nobody wants to be around.

I actually thought Kelly had the right idea about the beef jerky. This was a stupid, exercise (they knew it when Lisa was put in charge) and Kelly thought she might as well not go hungry while it happened.

And then Iyanla rags out on Lisa for not saving her, then proceeds to try and drown Lisa in the pool.

And why when Iyanla is around is someone always ending up in the swamp? Can't she think of anything more creative? Always a wet, smelly mess with her (remember Allison and the fridge). She just ends up giving people a reason to have a shower. (Uh oh, she better not do anything to Kelly).

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-28-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
All I was thinking was "what the frick does this have to do with any of the real life situations these women are trying to heal from?" I think Iyanla stretched it when she tied it into being prepared for life disasters, but then we never got the tie in we just had the dumb fire drill, with no expert help, (wouldn't that have a good tie in? When you need help witha disaster talk to someone who's been there and can help you)and Iyanla never helped them connect it with anything in their life except hey, go have fire drills in your house when you get home. Great. It was one of the lamest assignments I have seen.

And I did want Lisa to jump, but I wanted her to latch onto Iyanla and pull her along!

03-28-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
It was just one more example of how much IV doesn't want to be there.

Once again no directions, no modeling, just yelling once failure has been achieved. Go IV.

ashoka 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashoka Click to send private message to ashoka Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I totally agree with all of you. It's gone past the point of insanity to just being downright mean on Iguana's part. I used to listen to her and think she had great ideas and thoughts about overcoming our own self sabotage, but now I just think....What an idiot.

I used to work with someone who is going to Iguana's school and getting her "masters in spiritual psychology".......she too, was an idiot. She too has not changed a single hair, she is not more patient, more adjustable, if anything she is even more agressive and egocentric and that is saying a lot for her.

Some of Iguana's stuff works, it's true, but it always seems like there would have been a better way to get the same (or better) result. I don't think any of them took a darn thing from those stupid excercises today. At least Lou would flat out tell Iguana that she's stupid. I admired him for it. Lisa should have taken a lesson and told her

"You're the one on fire you old bag, you jump in the pool. I am going to get the hell away from this burning house and call 911".

justfionablue 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-06, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justfionablue Click to send private message to justfionablue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
That was yet another example of "you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't" exercise. "Save" the person with the air horn? Why??? Wasn't the direction given to make a plan for the houseguests?

So many of the exercises don't have an obvious right answer. Do you refuse to get in the swamp thereby showing your own strength and decision making ability OR jump in with enthusiasm showing your willingness to follow directions and cooperate?

I wonder how many of the houseguests respond to these "exercises" with "NO WAY! Are you kidding me???" and then that gets edited out and we see the sorry result.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-28-06, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
I was really hoping someone would play the panicked houseguest and mow Iyanla down as they scrambled to the door.

That stupid exercise ranked right up there with Jill's sockpuppet show.

While she was boohooing about how they left her to burn, did it ever cross her mind that they may have left her on purpose?

03-29-06, 07:48 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
The scene I was hoping for was when they all finally rioted at the pool knocking her in to put out her fire. She is just so into herself that I wonder if she ever has someone be honest and call her on her words meaning nothing at times and the fact that they are contradictory and hurtful.

At times the "master" needs to be humbled.

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Iyanla chasing the women threw the house with her air horn and yelling like a banshee"
*Look at me, I am a crispy critter!*

Hahahaha! I think I actually heard Iyanla say that while berating Lisa2. Oh, if only : )

One of the things I found puzzling about this exercise is a couple of the women in the house live in CA. If that is the case, they sure should know about emergency preparedness <sp?> due to earthquakes.

I know when I lived in CA. we had a trash can by the side of the house with clothing, blankets, tarp, dried food and lots of water. To have Kelly (who lives in CA. I believe)put beef jerky in a paper bag and call it a survival kit says how much they all took the exercise so seriously PUHLEEZE!

Oh well, I guess Darwin has a got shot at these broads <g>

Kate

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •