The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Product Placement"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-19-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Product Placement"
Did anyone else notice the product placements? Besides Curves, 24 Hour Fitness,and Omaha Steaks everytime they cleaned, they show a close up of Lysol or was it Easy Off-not sure. This was such an obvious endorsement or advertisement of the product especially when they were cleaning the house up prior to Kim's Mom coming. Yet, whenever the HM eat, their food products are either blurred or covered over with black tape. For instance, you know they were pouring CoffeeMate into their coffee, however, since CoffeeMate did not pay for advertising on the show, the name was taped over.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Product Placement JustBNMe 03-19-06 1
   RE: Product Placement shawnar 03-19-06 2
 RE: Product Placement Cygnus X1 03-19-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Product Placement"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-06 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

Last year they showed alot of aquafina bottled water. This year they usually don't show water bottles with labels on them period. I get tired of the products being shown it wastes time and footage that could be utilized in more productive ways. It must get tiring cutting labels off and for sponsored products making sure they are placed where and how peole can see them. Wonder why Bellagio wine wasn't a sponsor when Allisham was in the house-they'd have gotten lots of airtime.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Product Placement"
Yes, glade is also a sponsor. So is Willimans Samona.. Sp? They are the ones that gave Jill her bedroom set. I was looking at the Starting over website and they also furnished the house.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Product Placement"
As I've said before, the increase in PP, especially on reality shows, is thanks in no small part to Tivo. Yeah, it irks me too, especially on my favorite shows, but it's a fact of life. With ad revenues declining across the board, PP is the networks' way to ensure an influx of income from advertisers.

Here's a fascinating Broadcasting and Cable article on PP in soap operas. I suspect that, as the article points out for soaps, SO is not doing well with the 18-34 female demo.

I bet, however, it does much better with 35-54.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •