The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Passages"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

JavaT 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JavaT Click to send private message to JavaT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Passages"
Has anyone gotten a load of Passages Malibu, that 12-step place Christie's going to? We were treated to a little bit of its opulence on the occasions that Christie has gone, but man! That place is downright palatial:
http://www.passagesmalibu.com/

Hmmm... odd, I can't seem to find any pricing structure on the site, or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Passages Zoey 03-15-06 1
 RE: Passages desertdame 03-15-06 2
   RE: Passages JavaT 03-15-06 3
 RE: Passages eire_heart74 03-15-06 4
 RE: Passages Alpharedhead 03-15-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-15-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Passages"
Palatial, indeed.

I have to admitt though, I think I liked some of their theories. I always thought alchohol was a disease. But the way they put it, I definitely thing that addiction is a symptom, not a disease.

I was just thinking yesterday, didn't they have four reasons why people became addicted?

I could only think of two - 1). Self medication to avoid things from the past and 2). Self medication to avoid the presesent.

It seems to make more sence to me.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the other 2 are?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

desertdame 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desertdame Click to send private message to desertdame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Passages"
on the website, there is an email addy and phone number provided for fees schedules and additional info.

JavaT 189 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JavaT Click to send private message to JavaT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Passages"
Yeah, but that's precisely my point! They don't outwardly advertise their prices. I'm sure there's a reasonable amount of sticker shock involved. I have a feeling Bunim-Murray probably wouldn't shell out to send a houseguest there for an actual stay.

Zoey, I don't remember the other two things either. I agree, though, their approach seems kind of unique. The Web site might have some of their mission info on it; I have to admit, I didn't totally check it out.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-15-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Passages"
Kind of makes me want to have an addiction. Can I live there??? Maybe I'll just keep relapsing!

Well alot of a lister celebs (ie not anyone on SO) go there so I guess they want the best.

Alpharedhead 138 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpharedhead Click to send private message to Alpharedhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Passages"
>Has anyone gotten a load of
>Passages Malibu, that 12-step place
>Christie's going to? We were
>treated to a little bit
>of its opulence on the
>occasions that Christie has gone,
>but man! That place is
>downright palatial:
>http://www.passagesmalibu.com/
>
>Hmmm... odd, I can't seem to
>find any pricing structure on
>the site, or maybe I
>just haven't looked hard enough...
>

For the sake of accuracy, Passages is not a 12-step program. In fact, they kind of shun the 12 steps in favor of a more "touchy-feely" blame-it-on-your-childhood kind of approach. I know a couple of people who have been through both and say that the two approaches don't have to be mutually exclusive, but that Passages folks are adamant about not being a 12-step program.

~AR~

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •