The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

JavaT 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-11-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JavaT Click to send private message to JavaT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
The other day I was thinking that IV seems to have favored Jill over the other HGs. IV's always seemed so fond of Jill, and they seem to have such a tight bond, as opposed to, say, IV and Lisa. (I flat out think IV's nasty to Lisa, IMHO!)

Anyway -- watching some of my DVRed episodes, and seeing Jill get such positive feedback from the NPR guy, i started thinking maybe Jill really will have the opportunity to host her own radio show. And I'm sure if Jill gets a show, I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut one of her first guests will be IV.

On a lesser scale, even if Jill only gets a spot on an NPR show, she'll still have an 'in' at the station for suggesting that IV be some sort of guest on a show that that particular station produces.

The other thing that got me thinking about this was the fact that IV had her TV talk show cancelled... remember that? It was cancelled in 2001, after a history of awful ratings.

So maybe Bunim-Murray has been grooming Jill for this purpose! Maybe they've thought all along that Jill could be a tool for some of the LCs, and thus the show, to gain more notoriety...... ???

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on ... eire_heart74 03-11-06 1
   RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on ... JustBNMe 03-11-06 2
 RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on ... snowflake2 03-11-06 3
   RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on ... SeasonedRefinement 03-13-06 6
 RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on ... SOfan0221 03-12-06 4
 RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on ... jac72 03-12-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-11-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
I don't think IV has any business having the floor on a show. I can just barely take her on this show!

I do remember everyone loving her on Oprah but that show of hers tanked! You can't only take small doses of her.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-11-06, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
IV definitely favored Allison and Jill. I wouldn't watch IV on her own show or on a show with Jill. I wouldn't watch or listen to a show with just Jill either. A little Jill and a little IV goes a long ways. I don't much care for either one of them at this point.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-11-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
Jill is NOT on NPR---National Public Radio. She is on a LOCAL public radio station that broadcasts jazz music out of a University. (Pacific Public Radio, operates KKJZ under an agreement with California State University, Long Beach.) That is why "fans" must listen to the station on the internet, unless they live in the LA area. If Iyanla had been able to get Jill on NPR, that would've been quite impressive. I don't think Iyanla could even get herself on NPR.

Here is more info on KKJZ:

Two years ago, "Long Beach jazz station at 88.1 FM, dumped its entire five-person news staff. The station will instead air music-related "news notes" and pick up NPR when big events happen." The General Manager at the time stated that info from a focus group made it very clear that listeners of KKJZ do not tune in for news.

Also, "A California judge has ordered KKJZ-FM in Long Beach to pay almost $800,000 to a former programmer and found the station and its G.M. had committed fraud, misrepresentation and breach of contract."

"KKJZ has operated in the red since fiscal year 2000. In fiscal year 2004, its expenses of more than $3.3 million exceeded income by about $277,000. The station also had to repay more than $500,000 to CPB because it overstated non-federal financial support earned from its annual blues festival. Adler blames the ongoing shortfalls on equipment upgrades and a shrinking audience for KKJZ’s jazz and blues format. He expects the station to finish this fiscal year in the black."

I believe the 3-hr a week KKJZ gig is nothing more than a favor from IV to Jill, since she wants to get her foot back into radio, and apparently has been unable to do this. I think KKJZ, being a local public radio station, was probably hoping that exposure from SO, a NATIONALLY syndicated TV program, would help them get more membership $$.

So my point is, KKJZ would look to SO for "help" promoting themselves, not the other way around.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-06, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
Snowflake! Did you HAVE to come stomping through the SO dreamworld like a bull in a china shop with your trivial FACTS??? I bet you told all the little kids trick or treating at your house that there was no Santa Clause! You are what Christina would call "a meanie"! (wasn't she the valedictorian of her GED class?)

Well, it looks like we know where Allison Stanley was working from 2000-2004: She was the Chief Financial Officer AND Chief Executive Officer for KKJZ. NOW we know why she needed all those fine clothes and accessories from the Delta Burke Executress Collection!

In all sincerity, I appreciate your research. I love research, especially when it illuminates a situation. So, in a nutshell, Jill was offered a 3hr/week fill-in position at a college radio station that is burdened with significant legal and financial woes. It must be a volunteer position - she probably didn't even need to supply a social security number. Wow, talk about smoke and mirrors. Well, it is what it is; I hope that's enough...

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-12-06, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
When Jill first arrived I thought Iyanla treated her just awful. During the first group meeting when Jill was introducing her story Iyanla kept calling her out on the things she was saying.

Of course, Queen Allison was still reigning and Iyanla had her hands full dealing with the Queen's multiple problems that kept cropping up one after another.

She had Jill carrying around all that baggage from place to place, climbing over obstacles, even doing that tower exercise where she was expected to haul herself to the top of a tower and do what? Shout to the universe? When she couldn't go all the way to the top they stuffed her in a harness and flung her through the air. I'm pretty sure I know how Jill felt because I am afraid of heights. Doesn't stop me from living my life, don't feel like I am missing a thing by not standing on the top of the Sears tower or Empire state building.

Only after Queenie left and all the medical information regarding Jill and her tumors started to surface did I feel that Iyanla lightened up on Jill a bit.

Then Lisa2 came, and immediately Iyanla started in on her. So I am hoping now that Jill is gone that Iyanla will lighten up on Lisa2. I really feel that Lisa2 does not understand whatever the point is that Iyanla is trying to drill into her head.

Iyanla does the same with Jodi.

She seems, with the execption of Allison and Rachael from season 2, to start out hard as rocks with the ladies then soften as time for graduation nears.

Just mho.

jac72 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-06, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jac72 Click to send private message to jac72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jill and Iyanla... co-hosts on radio?"
You might be right. I agree that Iyanla and Jill seem to have a beautiful connection. I guess the show is getting me all mushy cuz I thought that Iyanla and Jill were just wonderful together. I ALMOST cried. I think I need help, LOL!

JL
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/rhondabritten

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •