The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it weird..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

julli96 397 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-23-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail julli96 Click to send private message to julli96 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it weird..."
That just a couple months ago, I use to TVO this show and now, I could care less if I even see it?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it weird... Ijustsharted 02-23-06 1
 RE: Is it weird... Mama_Pita 02-23-06 2
 RE: Is it weird... lovemydogdude 02-23-06 3
 RE: Is it weird... sillybear 02-23-06 4
   RE: Is it weird... justfionablue 02-23-06 5
       RE: Is it weird... DarkMoon 02-24-06 6
           RE: Is it weird... jeana28 02-24-06 7
               RE: Is it weird... SeasonedRefinement 02-24-06 8
                   RE: Is it weird... Sweeti 02-24-06 9
                   RE: Is it weird... lovemydogdude 02-24-06 10
                       RE: Is it weird... EMTBGRL 02-24-06 11
                           RE: Is it weird... mysticwolf 02-24-06 12
                               RE: Is it weird... SeasonedRefinement 02-25-06 18
                                   Pretty much Cygnus X1 02-25-06 19
                   RE: Is it weird... Kattrikk 02-25-06 20
 RE: Is it weird... maryellennaco 02-24-06 13
 RE: Is it weird... eire_heart74 02-25-06 14
   RE: Is it weird... SOfan0221 02-25-06 15
       RE: Is it weird... OklaBlue 02-25-06 16
           RE: Is it weird... dasboot 02-25-06 17
               RE: Is it weird... alliswan42 03-19-06 21
                   RE: Is it weird... SeasonedRefinement 03-19-06 22
                       RE: Is it weird... sharnina 03-19-06 23
                           RE: Is it weird... Twinkles 03-19-06 24
                               RE: Is it weird... alliswan42 03-19-06 25
                       RE: Is it weird... JCSMOM 03-21-06 31
                   Summaries Cygnus X1 03-19-06 26
                       RE: Summaries alliswan42 03-20-06 27
                           RE: Summaries Sweeti 03-20-06 28
                           RE: Summaries Cygnus X1 03-20-06 29
                               RE: Summaries alliswan42 03-21-06 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-23-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ijustsharted Click to send private message to Ijustsharted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it weird..."
LMAO! No 'cause I'm the same way now too. Infact I usually feel like ...ho hum I guess I'll go watch it now, and then end up fast forwarding most of it. This season really sucks.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-23-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is it weird..."
likewise, i tape it everyday, and fast forward most of the show. Nothing going on but horrible life coaching and ridiculous assignments that nobody finishes.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-23-06, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it weird..."
As much as I find myself irritated by the show I am still pathetically hooked! These past few weeks it seems like the show has gotten back on track a little which would be nice.

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-23-06, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is it weird..."
I have been having a hard time staying with it.I half watch and do other things.I find the previews make more hype than what is actually going on.It seems to keep me watching.These boards make it interesting to.

justfionablue 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-23-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justfionablue Click to send private message to justfionablue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is it weird..."
I used to tell everyone to try to watch it and now I am embarrassed to admit to anyone that I watch it. (Except for all the people on this list LOL)

DarkMoon 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-24-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkMoon Click to send private message to DarkMoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is it weird..."
I still watch every morning at 9am. To use a Christie phrase im pissed off that Iyanla is not on the show much anymore. It's been all about Rhonda. I like Rhonda, but it used to be an even exchange between the LC's. They ALL had equal time. Dr. Stan is not even on that much anymore.

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is it weird..."
Okay i admit it.. i still watch it.. its addicting..maybe i need to get on the show to get help from watching the show lol..ohh wait i better not, Rhonda might lock me up in a padded room or something.
But i do miss Dr. Stan. easy on the eyes... and compared to the LCS, he seems somewhat normal. his excercises actually make sense.. I LEARN more from him, than those two together loL.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-24-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is it weird..."
You know what? I started to lose interest in the show when it became obvious that the show is 20% reality, 80% set-up. I know plenty of people have said it, but it has changed drastically since the move to LA. For me, the preferences shown to Allison and Lisa destroyed whatever integrity I thought the show had. What keeps me watching the show at this point is the discussion board. The personalities, insight, and humor of the posters has been addictive.

BTW, we have been without SO for two weeks now due to the Olympics. That withdrawl period (LOL) has made me realize that there are plenty of constructive things to be doing or watching during that time period of the day, but giving up the show would mean giving up the board. I don't want to do that right now.

So, come Monday, I'll be watching!

Sweeti 138 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweeti Click to send private message to Sweeti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it weird..."
I lost intrest more and more as the original 6 graduated. As the newer HG come in i find myself forgetting to watch it more then i remember to.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is it weird..."
LOL Seasoned..I understand your perspective..and I'm so happy you finally get to watch with us again starting Monday. To me this board gives me a great excuse to watch..on the other hand I didn't realize alot of the negativity about SOH until I came to these boards...it has opened my eyes to a large degree. I would have to wonder if the poster upthread would be embarassed about admitting they watched the show if they hadn't come to this site lol.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-24-06, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is it weird..."
No. It's not weird. Frankly, I think this season has "jumped the shark" (Boy! does THAT give me memories of Fonzie and a shark tank!) But, I digress:
I had the day off today. I took my daughter to Manhattan. I missed the show. I didn't care. I read the threads here (and enjoyed what everyone had to say) but felt like...maybe I didn't miss anything? I didn't tape today's show, either. Who knows? Maybe this is a new beginning of "new uses for videotape" or a "new hobby from 12-1 when home." I think it would be more interesting to bake a souffle (never have) or paint a picture? But, then, what would I have to say to you?? The occassional, "Hi! How ya doin'?" Hmmm...I'll have to give that some thought...

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is it weird..."
Y'all know this site is bigger than SO, right? Plenty of other forums covering lots of shows, reality and not, as well as other things. Just have to poke around and lurk a bit.

A Syren Spring

02-25-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is it weird..."
Mystic, I did just that the other day. I checked out the Off-Topic thread. It is all over the map. That one is a "just jump in" format, right?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-06, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Pretty much"
Along with a number of in-jokes, but they become obvious over time. Nice bunch who frequently disagree about some hot-topic issues, but has a lot of frivolity too.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-25-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is it weird..."
I am right there with ya, SR! We actually weren't preempted, but it was shown at 2 am, and it was a day off, so everyone else was seeing it and talking about it a day before I could watch. It wasn't worth the effort to keep up so I took a break. I don't miss the show one bit but I do miss the boards- so I guess I will get back into it. I am guessing it won't take too much guess work to figure things out.. LOL

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is it weird..."
No, it's not weird at all.. This show has become a soap opera and obviously, we can't do much about it except get on these wonderful boards and express our opinions. I watch now with one eye on the show and one eye on whatever else I'm doing.
And with any luck at all, I don't look like the wandering eye person!!LOL
Actually, If it weren't for these boards, I'd have given up on SO a LOOONNNGGGG time ago!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is it weird..."
I don't think so. I used to be such a die hard fan. From the first season on. I just had my son. I was addicted to watching that show. Now I put it on out of habit while I eat lunch and my son naps.

It used to be very uplifting to watch that show. I used to cry everyday when Susan from Season 1 was looking for her Dad. Rain was trying to get off wellfare. Josie having a baby. They were real life changing things. Not this "living large while going bankrupt" nonsense that's on now.

I keep hearing rumors that they might not get picked up next season but frankly from what it's become, I don't care. There is only so many times you can watch someone fake cry and vomit before your viewers grab the remote and swtich the channel.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-25-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is it weird..."
well said eirie_heart74.

Unfortunately for me this show and my errr weekly ummmmm reading material are my addictions. As for the show I feel the only way my addiction will be broken is if it does not go into season 4.

That will leave me with Monk and American Idol.

Geesh, I need to get a life. roflmao

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is it weird..."
Did you catch their new commercial yesterday about SO being "addictive"? They wish.

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-25-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is it weird..."
Yep, they've run SO commercials two days back to back this week. My response was/is a big eyeroll. I watch each episode twice. I complain here on the boards. For all of its shortcomings it is still cheaper than therapy. The last guy I saw a few months ago was so dry and seemed so disinterested, I refused to go back. At $240 an hour, I want a lap dance, dammit. Something. Their prices are exorbitant and the service is minimal. Got to be better ways to spend $240 than 45 minutes with some monolith. Grrrrrrr.

If all they have to offer is the likes of Lisa and Allison, then they've dug their own grave and I can't cry if the show gets cancelled. Better no tv than bad tv. They've ceased to give us follow up info on the women in the 'Where Are They Now' pages. No 'official' closure for the viewing audience on any of these women.

To me the show seems long. Seems like half an hour would be enough.

alliswan42 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-19-06, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alliswan42 Click to send private message to alliswan42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Is it weird..."
I don't think so at all, for MANY reasons.

-I have to say that I'm really grateful for these message boards. They really opened up my eyes to Allison-I still felt some compassion for her at the beginning of the season, but something about her really started to bother the crap out of me. It wasn't until I checked out the message boards that I was able to put my finger on it, and it was a big reason for my losing interest.

-The lack of cohesion among the houseguests this year coupled with the constant backbiting/catfights really started to grate on me. It was pretty clear to me that the show's intentions were getting lost.

-Also, there was the so-called "Board of Review," in which the supposed "sacredness" and integrity of the house was constantly being compromised by a refusal to eject housemates who violated either of these ideals. (Do I even need to mention names here?)

-And, I have to say-maybe I have ADD-but the fact that weeks, then months would go by, and the same women were STILL ON. Why? Because only one of them, namely Jessica, was making, in my opinion, actual consistent progress.

-Additionally, I am frustrated that the Starting Over website people have been fired. Because I'm usually gone in the mornings, I can't always watch when it comes on here, but I could at least keep up with it through their detailed daily summaries. Now, I don't even have that anymore-to be honest, I don't even know most of the details on why the hg's after Kim are even there!

-And finally, the fact that so many women are graduating now and, IMHO, haven't even come close to actually achieving their goals (Allison, Jill, Lisa, just to name a few) makes me take this show a LOT less seriously than I used to.
So, in summation, I can't blame anyone else for losing interest in the show.

03-19-06, 03:15 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Is it weird..."
Great post alliswan! Good thread to revive! It's been almost a month since people weighed in.

It was nice to remember people like Susan and Rain again. No illusions of stardom - just decent, ordinary women dealing with what life handed them. I liked both of those ladies alot. I thought Rain was particularly courageous - and Susan? Her story broke my heart. I miss those stories.

So what do you guys think? Is the new and improved SO still going down the tubes?

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-06, 04:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is it weird..."
Yep, straight down the toilet in a big swirly.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Is it weird..."
I find myself choosing to watch the show sometimes only to be able to keep up with the message boards. I've been relieved when there will be a repeat so I can skip that day and do something other than watch tv.

I wasn't a watcher in the early days but I'm losing interest now because I can't tell what they consider to be progress and because I think too much is filler for drama or just entertainment. I'd rather be a fly on the wall to see progress for the people in the house.

BOR's and showing up the steps would help me know what's going on. It helped to see Kelly getting her steps even though I'm not quite sure how she earned one of them. As someone else stated on the boards somewhere, the LCs seem to be ignoring all her angry outbursts that happen with HMs.

I wish they'd just drop showing all the gossip if the coaches don't use it for the treatment. I keep waiting for it to be a topic, like when the whole house got called on the carpet for the bad energy at a BOR. Part of it was that people weren't working with their accountability partners.

Oh yeah, they haven't even mentioned accountability in awhile. When I tuned in to the show I didn't really understand what those were and what they were supposed to say/do. I kept hearing it used in the context "I'm your AP and you were supposed to ..." usually in a huff. When they referred to accountablity partner I was trying to follow but the words "trigger" "mirror" were being used so often and I started to realize I really don't know what they mean. Alas, I guess the concept is gone with Jill.

03-19-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alliswan42 Click to send private message to alliswan42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Is it weird..."
Thanks, Seasoned! I always enjoy your posts, too.

Twinkles, you were right on about the accountability thing. I seem to remember an instance where whoever was Kim's accountability partner (I want to say it was Lisa1) pretty much used that position to verbally attack her, or at least that's how it came off to Kim, because she had no idea what was going on. I believe it had to do with kitchen cleanup or something.

Anyway, I think the housemates are pretty much clueless as to what, exactly, an accountability partner's duties are. And for that, I blame IV and Rhonda. And I bet at this point (or, any point), that if you were to ask one of them, point blank, exactly what an AP is or does, you couldn't beat a straight answer out of either of them.

Also, Seasoned, I agree-I miss people like Rain and Susan, and my all-time favorites included Amy and Lori from Season 1. And, if I may confess (blushes), I was a fan of Andi when she was an HM....

JCSMOM 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-21-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JCSMOM Click to send private message to JCSMOM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Is it weird..."
I agree--I was watching a rerun on TVOne---Rachael (lost both parents to Cancer) was there without the hope of stardom---I really enjoy those old ones---people really trying to help themselves.

03-19-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Summaries"
While we don't carry episode summaries, there are other sites that do. See our Links Compilation Thread for some of those.

03-20-06, 06:12 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Summaries"
Thanks, Cygnus, oh wise and mighty moderator! :-D
The site http://startingover.betaparticle.com/ was particularly helpful on that front. However, that still doesn't make up for all my other frustrations with the show

Sweeti 138 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweeti Click to send private message to Sweeti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Summaries"
20 minutes into todays show it was pre empted.. the president was in town making a speech so they bootes SO for that( not sure which was worse..LOL) and it didn't even bother me. last season i would have been soooooooo mad!

03-20-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Summaries"
However, that still doesn't make up for all my other frustrations with the show

That I can't help you with. Except to give you a place to bash the show, perhaps!

Welcome to the boards.

03-21-06, 00:04 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Summaries"
Fair enough

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •