The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BB21 List #12 (Final)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 3208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-20-19, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BB21 List #12 (Final)"
The F4 HOH competition was an elaborate set that must have taken CBS a TREMENDOUS amount of time, effort, and $$ to put together. No one can convince me Production “scripted” that time/money to be wasted and was not PO’d over the quick and immediate outcome thanks to Holly throwing the comp. Likewise, it can’t be thrilled over the lack of any real suspense as to who will be sitting in the Finals. Anything other than Nicole winning the final three-part comp and taking Holly will be a showmance Finals this season. That’s about as anticlimactic as you’re going to get for the Finale. Something else Production can’t be doing “Tommy” cartwheels over. Yet theorists will keep telling me how the season is “scripted.” LOL

JACKSON – If you evaluate the ENTIRE body of work from Day 1 to Day 99, it’s beyond absurd to pick anyone other than Jackson as BB21 Champion voting within the “true spirit” of the game. But that’s conventional wisdom speaking...and we know how conventional wisdom can be a rare commodity on the BB Jury. Whereas, it won’t win him Mr. Congeniality, he simply owned the BB21 season with the combination of being a master of mind games and his competition dominance regardless of the final outcome. Despite the cesspool of lies Jackson shoveled, it was one accurate and truthful observation that I believe delivered the knockout punch to Tommy and saved Holly—Jury Management. Bottom line, the Jury is heavily skewed toward Tommy’s advantage regardless who he sits next to and everyone in the House knew it. Equally masterful was darn near scolding Holly to drop during the HOH comp considering a Holly HOH and a Nicole POV was probably the only scenario keeping him out of the F3. All in all, Nicole defying the odds and outperforming BOTH Jackson and Holly for the final comp win should be all that’s standing between Jackson walking way with 500K.

NICOLE – Although wire-to-wire Nicole can’t hold a candle to Jackson, how she finished the last quarter of the season (first three quarters she was simply carried) will be her ammunition should she have the opportunity to state her case to the Jury. Viewers may continue to be impressed with her DR confessions to cut through the crap and accurately read situations...but it don’t mean diddly if she ends up doing whatever the heck Cliff and/or Jackson wanted her to do. OK, “on paper” it was her second HOH, but the manner in which it was gifted to her by Holly & Jackson does not qualify that “win” as much of a resume builder. In any event, going forward it doesn’t get more clear-cut for Nicole. Win the final three-part comp, or become the last Juror. It becomes your quintessential “all-or-nothing” proposition. She’ll either win half a mil...or not even get a seat in the Finals. This all-or-nothing scenario becomes pretty much the only reason for me to tune in for the Finale on Wednesday.

HOLLY – For Holly NOT to be sitting in the F2 at this point would be the shocker of the season. And for good reason...theoretically both Jackson and Nicole should smoke her in the Finals. It would take the bitterest of all Juries to hand Holly the title by disgruntled default. For a decent part of the season, many were singing her praises when her butt never came close to the nomination block, but boy oh boy, a couple stints on the block coupled with the emotional drain of a season-long showmance we saw Holly folding and coming apart like a cheap suit. Whether her legacy this season will be as Jackson’s Summer Squeeze or whipping up the perfect recipe for a 50K summer gig, she was still so darn nice to look at this season.

HONORABLE MENTION

NICK – Anyone who can successfully hook up with Kat will find themselves on this list. Swapping out Smella for Kathryn is like trading in your 85 Yugo GV for a Jaguar XJ. “Well done” would be an understatement.

EVICTED

CLIFF – Unlike Nicole, Cliff cannot kick himself for deciding to evict Tommy. No way NOOOOO how Cliff would have had ANY shot to advance with Tommy in the game. Aside from taking matters in his own hands and winning competitions (something he failed at in the end) he needed to come up with other options to ensure his advancement...something with which he came up short in the end as well. Fact of the matter, he simply overplayed his hands and became sloppy with his multiple deal-making. His moral uprightness and transparency may score points as a husband and father, but in BB it won’t fly if you’re in a position needing to rely on other HGs for your (and your partner’s) game—just ask Jackson at F5. Or Christie during the infamous Taco Tuesday. Yet another example of “You are who you are.” But hey, for the token older guy in the House to be on life support early in the game and targeted so frequently (six times nominated) making it this far is an accomplishment that exceeds even that of the eventually winner IMO.

With the Finale on Wednesday, this is the final list of the season. Thanks Kingfish, for providing your comments and insights without tissue paper thin skin. I have no intention to watch the upcoming Survivor season with Rob and Sandra as “coaches” who (based on what I’ve seen on the previews) should be using the set of Survivor as their personal Fat Farm. I just can’t get into Rob “coaching” newbies on how to be lying sacks of sh!ts...or even more ridiculous, Sandra “coaching” her team to be so pathetically inept they get carried to the end as an inept non-threat only to be handed the win by default. I’ll pass, thank you very much, but hope you enjoy if you decide to watch.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BB21 List #12 (Final) kingfish 09-20-19 1
   RE: BB21 List #12 (Final) Aruba 09-20-19 2
       RE: BB21 List #12 (Final) kingfish 09-25-19 3
           FINAL THOUGHTS Aruba 09-26-19 4
               RE: FINAL THOUGHTS kingfish 09-26-19 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20665 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-19, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BB21 List #12 (Final)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-19 AT 07:37 PM (EST)

I agree, Jackson probably has the best resume. He also has played the dirtiest game, a plus for some voters, and a possible neg for others. I think Cliff will actively campaign against him, and he can be persuasive.

Nicole second and Holly third, I go along with that.

Cliff was a fool. He insisted on playing the integrity game, a game that is doomed because all the opponent has to do to beat him is to not play it. Game over for him.

Nicole is a bit of a fool also, she caught a glimpse of what was happening, yet acceded to Cliff's wish to trust Jackson. But the game isn't over for her, she could still get to F2. The simple odds give her 2 out of 3 chances to make F2, but the more complete odds calcs are a bit vaguer, and not so favorable. However if she does make F2, I think she has a decent chance to win against Holly, and even against Jackson.

It would be great to see Jackson go home in the final elimination.

I agree about Nick, and I hate that he's stealing my girlfriend.

And just in case anyone has forgotten that, here's a reminder:

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-20-19, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BB21 List #12 (Final)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-19 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

Personally, I’m looking at Cliff’s threat to Jackson that he would be a poison pill in the Jury as more of a Hail Mary pass. As a BB Superfan, I don’t see Cliff as a Bitter Betty sore-loser who will go out of his way to intentionally campaign against Jackson. Even if he did, the only current juror without any real connection to Jackson who might be able to be persuaded is Jessica...and she doesn’t need any persuasion because Jessica would never vote for a finalist with a penis to win BB.

I don’t regard Cliff’s integrity as his “insistence” with any game strategy. It’s the simple case of Cliff being Cliff. Ninety days in the House is not going to reverse or erase the moral fiber he established within himself for the past 52 years. If the moral compass points in the right direction in real life, it will point in that same direction in the BB House. Conversely, if you’re a lying sack of shit outside the House, it will naturally translate into your BB game. It’s as straight-forward as that.

Nicole comes off as a good-hearted trusting soul by nature...so guess what...she’s that way in the House. Even though one can argue she is trusting to a fault, you’re right that her game is not over. Nicole has more than a “decent” chance to beat Holly. If it’s a Nicole-Holly final, Nicole wins it quite handily. I’m not so sure against Jackson, but it’s not worth speculating because I do not foresee a realistic scenario where we would have a Jackson/Nicole final.

Holly could (and very well should) just pull a “Richard Hatch” as let the others fight it out and ultimately carry her to the Finals. In that case, Nicole would have a 50-50 shot at getting to the F2.

Although I don't need a "reminder" *sigh* I thank you kindly again!

09-25-19, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BB21 List #12 (Final)"
Those poison pill threats are always hail Mary tactics, but that doesn't mean they can be completely discounted. Cliff might be able to persuade one or two voters. Hail Marys actually work sometimes, and as a tactic to use when your back is to the wall, it's a good one to use.

Again, someone who plays with integrity as his basic strategy is sweet meat for anyone willing to not play that game. He who plays the integrity game and always keeps his promises in a game situation is a fool. I initially thought Cliff was smarter than that, but I was disappointed.

Poker strategy is a good analogy for the strategy in winning BB, and the basic tactic in poker is to fool your opponent. Look him in the eye, promise your first born, but understand that when crunch time comes, all promises are hollow.

09-26-19, 08:43 AM (EST)
4. "FINAL THOUGHTS"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-19 AT 08:55 AM (EST)

Cliff, the self-proclaimed Superfan of BB, did what I thought he would do and voted within the true spirit of the game. Good for him. And a majority of the Jury did the same. Good for the them...and for the game. Even if Cliff became your quintessential crybaby and tried to campaign or persuade voters against Jackson, we still have the same deserving winner. One can understand Nicole’s knee-jerk reaction fresh off Jackson individually crushing her dreams some 30 minutes prior to the vote. Even though sore-loser Kathryn stormed out of the House in a huff over a month ago, you could have poured a hundred pounds of salt over her head and it still would not have removed the bitterness from her vote. And as I stated in my prior post, Jessica simply does not vote for any Finalist born with a penis.

Once again, Cliff’s approach to the game is not about his “smarts” or intelligence...it’s a basic case of Cliff just being Cliff. Production’s is what made Cliff “sweet meat” casting him among the other HGs who have it more in their nature to deceit, backstab, or just be lying sacks of shit. Heck, the greatest Survivor of all (Tom Westman) was “sweet meat” in Palau...but he overcame that imbalance of casting by dominating challenges to earn his title. Cliff was unable to win comps down the stretch to proactively take matters into his own hands and control his own fate. That become the single biggest factor of his demise.

Yeah, Yeah...we heard our BB Blowup Doll weigh in during Dr. Will’s roundtable lamenting how it shouldn’t be about comps. Whereas, comps are not the be all and end all in the game, that is mostly what defines the current game of Big Brother today. When Dr. Will appropriately won BB2, you had just the HOH followed by an entire week of social gameplay, human interacting, and communal strategizing placing Dr. Will very much in his element.

This season you had the HOHs, the POVs, the Banishment Comp, the THREE Wacktivity Comps, Camp Comeback, Luxury Comp, America’s Field Trip...here a comp; there a comp; everywhere a comp, comp... Listen, I do acknowledge the viewers and BB purists who feel comped-out by the current format of the game, but unless you can dig up an old DeLorean and find a Doc Brown to install a Flux Capacitor on the engine to go back into time during BB2, you have no choice but to accept how the game has evolved into a comp-happy format. Each and every one of the 16 HGs this season knew full well what they were signing up for, and whether they like or agree with this evolution, they had no choice but to accept it when they signed on the dotted line.

And no one dominated the Big Brother game in that manner more than the deserving Champion of BB22- Jackson Michie.

09-26-19, 04:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: FINAL THOUGHTS"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-19 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

The "true spirit" of the game is a subjective judgement. I won't get into what else could be judged to be the true spirit of the game, but if I did, I'd have to award Kat the winner's check.

Just as you and I and Christie and some others predicted that he would do, Jackson won. I added my prediction after I saw how hapless Cliff was, and how his game was doomed to failure.

It was as you say, Cliff just being Cliff, and his being true to himself. Which was a fool. He played to lose, and he lost. Jackson played to win. And that is why, if anyone deserved to win, it was Jackson.

I had hoped Nicole would somehow prevail, but she had to win the final challenge to do so, and she didn't. She also probably had to go against Holly at F2 to do so. Then the vote would have been closer, and maybe she would have edged Holly out. But que sera.

Jackson got the winner's check. Good for him. Nicole got the $25,000. Good for her. And Holly fell into the second place money. Good for her.

Jackson dominated the challenges, and if that has to the sole criteria for the voters, then he deserved the win. Fact is that no one deserves the win other than the one that the jury votes for. In this game, that is the only criteria for the deserving winner.

So Kat was right, there is no rule that says that the winner should be the comp dominator. The winner is who the jury votes for, based on what ever reason or criteria they care to use. Flipping coins and tea leaves are both available to them and legal.

You deserve to be taken out behind the woodshed for that blowup doll remark. Consider yourself tied to the whipping post.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •