The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BB21 List #8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 3191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-23-19, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BB21 List #8"
No Red Herring THIS week. WOW!! It will have to go down as one of the more epic turnarounds in Big Brother history. I had my Christie assessment pretty much written in my mind yesterday under “Eviction” before last night's episode. But hey, that’s why they play the game!

JACKSON – The Chess Player moves up to the top of the list with a dominant week. Not a shock he wins the slip-n-slide HOH Comp, but he gets points for not pussyfooting around with a cowardly backdoor approach and went right for his targets with the initial nominations. Caps off his HOH reign by winning POV as well and making this week’s eviction essentially his final call. Time will tell whether he made the right choice. Personally, I get a kick out of his idioms. Gotta love how he put the log on the fire for the Taco Tuesday “Dinner and a Show.” He’s got an Anti-Darwin Syndrome target on him larger than the planet Jupiter, so his chances of winning the game are remote, but he’ll be entertaining to watch and listen to while still in the House.

CHRISTIE – Could make a solid case to put Christie at the top. Lost a point when she flapped her trap over how close she lives to Tommy, but it doesn’t tarnish her successful fight for survival that will be talked about for a while. Whereas, it didn’t hurt to have such a clueless and ignorant scatterbrain sitting on the block next to her, it doesn’t take away from her efforts to snatch an immediate personal victory from the jaws of defeat. Prior to this major turnaround, I had Cliff as a slam dunk to take the 25K America’s Favorite...but this turn of events has Christie making some noise for that honor.

HOLLY – Was able to piggy-back off her boyfriend’s dominance this past week. Can return the favor to him this week depending on what pranks are in store for the HOH. Kudos for being the first two-time HOH this season. Could arguably be given an assist for the flip vote to keep Christie. The remaining season’s showmance will still be a target down the road, but even if sitting on the block next to Jackson on an Eviction Night, she’s darn near guaranteed another week in the House. So, her ability to advance does not appear to be in any imminent danger.

CLIFF – Hard to imagine using frankness and a straight-forward approach as an advantage in Big Brother—but that has precisely been Cliff’s angle in the game. Staying true to that approach, I was OK with Cliff owning up to the 6-person alliance deal offered to him when talking to Jackson, but taking it a step further and telling Jackson he would have targeted him had he won HOH was ill-advised. Sometimes TOO much information and OVER honesty can backfire...time will tell if Cliff will pay the price.

TOMMY – Had to be extremely difficult to just sit there as Christie darn near exposed their prior game knowledge to everyone. I was giving him props for cutting his “ride-or-die” partner in the game loose when realizing her number was up. But now he has his work cut out for him to get back to F2 status with Christie, keeping in good graces with Jackson/Holly, while not getting dragged down with Nick. He started the season as arguably the best social player in the game...he’ll need every bit of that social game to juggle those various relationships.

NICK – With Kathryn’s eviction, Nick has now assumed the Mata Hari approach as his BB strategy. It didn’t end up all that well for Kathryn when facing the firing squad resulting in her eviction. I’m thinking Nick may suffer a similar fate more sooner than later...especially in the aftermath of coming out of the Christie blowup with most of the egg on his face.

The unfortunate staple in Reality TV will see probably one (if not both) of these last two coasting into the F4 by basically sucking in the game.

NICOLE – I’m sure she’s a lovely, sweetheart of a girl in the real world, but in the Big Brother world she continues to be a casting joke. I get she was casted as the House “geek” much like Scottie was from last season. But Scottie was able to hold his own in the Comps and was a factor for the time he was in the House. Sadly, Nicole has been unable to do either thus far.

JESSICA – A “3?” For real?? I could shoot a snot-rocket further that THAT pathetic effort! Being the Sh!t-stirrer might get you in favor with a few to successfully advance yourself for the short-term, but it will eventually catch up to Jess and bite her on her oversized butt. Beyond that, she’ll need to count on her ineptness to go deeper in the game and hope the last few competitions are all memory/mental.

EVICTED

ANA-LEAST – She became speechless when Jackson gave her the opportunity to speak her mind in the HOH room before nominations. Could we have expected anything other from Ana-LEAST? Explaining Daylight Savings Time to her was like trying to prove Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. Falsely dubbing herself a “College Soccer Star,” it’s no surprise she tells us how safe she is because she’s a “good player” without wanted to “toot her own horn.” LMAO!! Well, I hear the horn tootin’...and it’s playing Taps to acknowledge one of the more dimwitted brains to play the BB game. At least she’ll get to reunite with horny toad Jack to resume the only real knack she had in the House.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BB21 List #8 kingfish 08-26-19 1
   RE: BB21 List #8 Aruba 08-27-19 2
       RE: BB21 List #8 kingfish 08-28-19 3
           RE: BB21 List #8 Aruba 08-29-19 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20635 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-19, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BB21 List #8"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-19 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

Alright, this week I have a list too.

1. Cliff. Super survivor. Mr. sincerity.

2. Nicole. Has avoided the chair too. Great floater game. Kudos for detecting Nick's overselling not having the latest power.

3. Holly. She's doing the thinking for her and Micky. Even though she pushed for Analisa's (a non threat) eviction over a real threat (Christie). Still, the fact that she manages to get Micky to change his mind about that does show who wearing the jock strap in that relationship. I think that when the time is ripe and when his usefulness is no longer useful, she'll sacrifice Mickey

4. Jackson. Micky. A real mess strategically. His advantage is Holly who has shown with Kat's boot a practical streak that outweighs her loyalty to her F2 sworn ally.

4. Well, I guess Tommy has to go here. But his loyalty to a dwindling alliance will probably bite him sooner or later. I'm thinking that he'll go after Nick and Christy. And maybe Jess. Holly will hold onto Jackson for one more week after Christy and Nick and maybe Jess are gone.

6. Jess. Also a strategic mess who wallows in self pity rather than self preservation. After the Christie and Nick target practice is done, she'll be a default target.

7. Nick. His latest and best hope to get Christy on the block with him will work, but that will just buy him a one week reprieve. Holly will somehow engineer the ouster of him and Christy next.

8. Christy. She's survived one too many evictions, this week surely she will go. Her basic strategy was apparently to PO everybody who might be an ally, and then makes deals with those that are PO'd with her, and renege on those deals. There may be another red herring attempt by the producers, but I think it will be a unanimous vote to evict her. Her post eviction interview will be a cry baby pity party ugly cry face thing of epic proportions.

Analisa. Fluff. Entertaining dumb blonde (with really lovely black hair), but fluff. Disappointing to see her gone instead of Christy, but it had to happen sometime.

BTW, Holly's approach to the last challenge, to just blast that ball and let momentum carry it to the 50 slot shows that she has pretty good instincts. Of course Aruba's comments about Jess's challenge attempt also shows her laughable challenge instincts.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-27-19, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BB21 List #8"
Interesting list and observations.

I agree with your dislike of Christie. Although, whether I like or hate a player personally, I have to give kudos to stellar gameplay. Certain moments in BB history will stand the test of time. Dan Ghessling (IMHO the best to ever play the game) staging his own “funeral.” Another BB Champion Dr. Will getting up on Eviction Night when HE was on the block and telling the entire House, I HATE YOU ALL!” And, of course, the biggest bonehead move ever with Marcellas NOT using his POV to save HIMSELF. I’m adding Christie’s epic Taco Tuesday attack on Nick to save her own bacon to that same list.

I disagree that Christie will go home this week. The way I see it, if Nick does not win POV tomorrow, he’s as good as gone. Jessica and Tommy will absolutely vote for Christie to stay. HOH Holly wants Nick gone. As you accurately assessed, Holly “wears the jockstrap in the relationship,” so I do not see Jackson going against Holly and voting for Nick to stay. Three’s enough to evict this week. Cliff has been a “go with the flow type of guy” the past couple weeks so I see him following the Pied Piper (HOH) by voting to evict Nick as well. Nick has Nicole in his corner for sure, but if everyone else is going one way, I see even Nicole cowering with the majority. Quite frankly, I’m seeing a 5-0 vote to evict Nick if he does not win POV or if there’s no other curve thrown at them with the Prankster.

What I found interesting to hear last week was the general discussions pertaining to “threats” and “non-threats.” The consensus was the possibility of losing to a solid player would be easier to swallow than allowing a floater/coattail rider or a HG who basically sucks at BB to advance and put themselves in a position to steal a win with a Bitter Betty Jury. Although I wholeheartedly agree with that concept, it’s an approach you do not see that often from the scaredy-cats usually casted to play the game. I believe it had a part in evicting Ana-Least. And it certainly does not bode well for subpar players like Jessica and Nicole.

I don’t see Holly ever sacrificing Jackson. Why not ride with him to the end...if she is sitting next to him in the F2, she’ll clean his clock on Finale Night for the victory. Now, I could see another HG Anti-Darwining Jackson out of the House. If so, Holly would just pick herself up as she did when Kat was evicted and use her calm resolve to forge forward.

Yes, blasting the ball in the HOH comp was the way to go. But, even with that approach, you still need the ball to travel at least 3/4s of the way down the narrowing plank to have any chance of landing in the 50-point area. To Holly’s credit, she was able to accomplish both. Actually (the way I saw it) Jessica did attempt to use that same blasting approach. The difference was, in her eagerness to blast the ball hard she pathetically hit the top ring you need to roll the ball through which resulted in her sad and embarrassing effort.

kingfish 20635 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-19, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BB21 List #8"
I should have said "if and when" the time comes, Holly will ditch Micky. But as you say he may be a good F2 partner, so the time may never come.

The point was that she is more practical than emotional (has she shed a tear at any time?) and ditching Micky would happen in a heart beat if that became the thing to do to get her to the end.

I've been wrong in the past, but Christie's ouster this week seems to me to be semi-certain due to the cumulative ill will she has incurred, although your vote count does give me pause. I can see Micky tipping Holly into the Christie eviction camp since he agreed with her to not evict her last week and she isn't all that averse to seeing her go. Christie hasn't always been that solid with Cliff's angels either. And sooner or later even Tommy has to realize that even though Christie is a cross-town neighbor, only one of them can win. But we'll see.

But unless the HOH gods or the diary room gods decree otherwise, it has to be Nick and Christie this week and the next, in one order or the other.

I remember thinking that Will's move was insane. And I still think it was a low percentage play that shouldn't have worked, like drawing the one ace left in the deck. But guests these days are often students of the game, and a move like that should be recognized and pointed out by one or more of them, and so shouldn't be effective again.

Agree that Dan Ghessling was one of the top 2 "best evers" with the cop Derrick Levasseur. Ian Terry (who beat out Dan in one of his seasons) also played a pretty interesting game. If memory serves, he got to the end as a goat against Dan, and won. Pretty interesting trick.

08-29-19, 09:29 AM (EST)
4. "RE: BB21 List #8"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-19 AT 09:33 AM (EST)

Yes, Holly’s approach to the game has been calculating and impressive. I do not recall seeing her shed a tear...but then again, she has yet to be nominated for eviction.

As far as “being wrong in the past,” at this time last week I felt certain Christie would soon be on her way to the Jury House...that was before the classic BB moment when she shrewdly and successfully bought herself more time. If she gets evicted tonight, I am in agreement with you that Nick will be right behind following her to the Jury next week. Should Nick get evicted, I’m less certain Christie would be right behind him...she’s a wile player who is making a habit of escaping evictions.

I was not exactly correct when I mentioned Dr. Will’s epic move. It was NOT on Eviction night; it was during the Veto ceremony when he was on the block with Chicken George. Chicken George won the POV and when Will was given the floor to make his case why the Veto should be used on him, he used the opportunity to play his “I hate you all” ace in the hole knowing full well George would use the Veto to save himself. A few days later, the replacement nom went home and Chilltown was able to continue to make BB History.

Dan and Derrick are my #1 and #2 respectively as best ever to play the game as well. Not sure I would classify Ian Terry as a “goat.” He finished super strong winning FOUR of the final seven HOHs, AND holding the Veto TWICE during that same period as well. Taking six comps in a seven-week span is not a trick...more like successful proactive gameplay IMO.

In that season, four returnees started the game only as Coaches, but in week 3 or 4 were allowed to enter the game as Players. I recall the newbies were not happy because for the first third of the season they had to fight for their BB lives only to have HGs who already had their chance to play essentially be given a three or four-week pass. Ian was keenly aware a majority of the Jury was comprised of that resentment and when he earned the final HOH win and got to choose who would sit next to him in the Finals, he considered that fact to pick Dan...a decision that paid off quite handsomely for Ian.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •