The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 1 Initial List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2443 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-01-16, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 1 Initial List"
Oh well, it was inevitable we’d have returnees. Frank was acknowledged by the winner of BB All-Stars during his season and Derrick (arguably one of the most impressive winners ever) recognized James as a solid player last year. Those kudos were confirmed by BOTH taking America’s Favorite Houseguest honors in their seasons. Nicole was a top vote getter for that award and did successfully fight her way back into the game during her season. But...Da’Vonne?????? Who in Production is she related to?

For this initial assessment I grouped them accordingly in no specific order:

GOOD

NICOLE – Her experience during her first season is serving her well. Has an accurate radar zoned in on all the HGs. Can understand her feeling the need to step up and take first HOH to keep the former HGs safe. With Jozea out, a job well done. Although I dislike returnees, she earned her right to come back.

FRANK – Yes Frank, you’ll need to continue to win competitions as you did the first time around...it’s called the Anti-Darwin Syndrome. And he’s picking up where he left off winning the Roadkill Comp. At least the alliance name he came up with (8-pack) is not as queer as the others.

MICHELLE – Initially I had her pegged as a space cadet, but she’s starting off quite well. She got Tiffany to share her secret with her. And she’s smart enough to not align with the bozo newbies while gravitating toward the returnees. She’ll need an impeccable social game because I do not see her making an impact with the competitions.

ZAKIYAH – She can fit in with the returnees; she can fit in with the all-girl alliance; she can fit in with the newbies. That should make her safe for a while. At least I hope so because she’ll be nice to look at for as long as she’s in the House.

MEH

BRIDGETTE – BB15 we had Spenser; BB16 we had Victoria; BB17 we had Grandma Meg...this season I give you Bridgette. Consequently it could advance her to the F4. If a Cody, Lil, or Colby gets to the F4 also it will be as far as she gets. But if we have back-to-back Steves maybe a seat in the Finals. Time will tell.

JAMES – Still pranking like a clown; still eating like a horse. He’ll be targeted so he’s got his work cut out for him if he wants to add to the 25K he earned as America’s Fav last season.

VICTOR – If he needs to be opinionated that’s what the DR is for. I give him props for being the MVP of the first competition. Winning safety for him and his team for the first TWO evictions is big during the initial phase of the game.

PAULIE – Johnny Mac had early success as a pawn last season. When you have the physique of a stickman and the disposition of an alien it can work. It won’t with Paulie. Although if he has more nads than his sissy-boy brother that could be a good start.

TIFFANY – If anyone was to fess up to being related to a former HG it should have been Tiffany. The similarity is blatantly obvious. Sis got plenty of mileage as a masterful crying two-faced hypocritical potty-mouth. But I doubt that will work for Tiffany this season.

COREY – He should fare well in the physical competitions and the female HGs will like him. But he appears to be clueless otherwise.

BAD

PAUL – Thinking you’d be able to systematically pick off all four returnees right from the get go borders between delusional and idiotic. A solid effort in the POV even though unbeknown to him he didn’t really need the win. Geez Louise, if the girls want to have their pillow talk alone in another room--LET THEM. Targets will follow him around this season just like the BB cameras.

NATALIE – I’m sure she could have any guy she wants just as she stated. Four pounds of makeup and five pounds of silicone would do the trick.

BRONTE – She can join Da’Vonne to form a pair of nails scratching the chalkboard this summer. She really didn’t have to tell the HGs to think of a Brontosaurus to remember her name...they could look at her face. The chick has a mouth like a dinosaur.

PATHETIC

DA’VONNE –She already bettered her 16th place finish from last season when Glenn was the first to leave the House. So again...who is she related to? It’s hysterical she thinks SHE pulled in the newbies...they were going to join the 8-pack even without her obnoxious intervention. When she compared her effort in the Roadkill competition to having a child it made me wonder if she was artificially inseminated. I can’t imagine any guy alone with her long enough to impregnate her. I guess another sad example that some men’s desire for sex has no boundaries.

LOSER

GLENN – Technically he wasn’t “evicted” so I categorized him as such. Given the cast this season, with the greatest divide in Reality TV the dude never had a chance. At least he got to fight for his survival in a competition. But when your girth is more than your height...like I said, he never had a chance. It would be sweet if his effort in the battle back competition resulted in Jozea being the first to go home.

EVICTED

JOZEA – Never has a first evictee been so satisfying to watch. When you’re the token gay for the season the male HGs will underestimate you in competitions and the female HGs can relate to you. Now if he had even a quarter of a brain and just 10% the knowledge of a BB Houseguest inside his head the size of Jupiter he could have fancy-pantsed his way to the endgame. Obviously Jozea had neither.

OK fellow posters...after reading this list what’s the odds Michel ranks Da’Vonne high? Howabout opening the line at 1/9!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 1 Initial List kingfish 07-02-16 1
   RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-02-16 3
       RE: Week 1 Initial List kingfish 07-03-16 4
           RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-03-16 5
   RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-04-16 7
       RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-04-16 8
           RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-04-16 9
               RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-04-16 11
                   RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-04-16 12
                       RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-04-16 14
                           RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-05-16 17
                               RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-05-16 18
                                   RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-06-16 20
 RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-02-16 2
   RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-04-16 6
       RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-04-16 10
           RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-04-16 13
               RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-04-16 15
                   RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-05-16 16
                       RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-05-16 19
                           RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-06-16 21
                               RE: Week 1 Initial List michel2 07-06-16 22
                                   RE: Week 1 Initial List Aruba 07-07-16 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19148 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-02-16, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-16 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

So, I begin this response, I get to the end of the most insightful assessment that ever has been assessed, and I inadvertently hit a button with heretofore unknown powers, and lose it all. Unrecoverable.

Believe me, if not for that dam mis-key, you would have seen a post that would have had the whole RTVW world standing and clapping. It was so good that Julie would have had no choice but to dedicate an entire episode praising it, and she and the whole BB crew would have ended up in a gooey crying mess of awe.

But, there's this dam key...

So, I'm pissed, and now this is shorter and not so sweet.

BTW, deserving isn't a criteria the producers used in evaluating returnees. Da'Vonne is back because, from the list of vets that are willing to return, she brought attention to the show in her season, not all of it unfavorable and not embarrassing to the show, and that translated to ratings, which means increased ad revenue, and that is what makes it all possible. The fact that I remembered her demonstrates that she made an impression on me. I have a lousy memory for past hamsters.

That can be the only reasonable explanation for her and other returners Rachel, Bogie, et.al.

GOOD

Nicole - Smartly manipulative, intelligent assessments of players, still cute as a button, with entertaining and elucidating diary room interviews. Her "Boo-uts" and "ayands" are kinda irritating. But they are a part of her, I and I can take it. Also, she isn't lording her power over the house.

Frank - Like Nicole, a smart manipulator. A good actor, has both sides thinking that he is on their side for now, although after the Jozea vote the losing side should have their doubts. Still, he's charming and hasn't made too many enemies, and isn't moving too fast too early. Well contained.

Michelle - I think she's in a good place too. Gathers info, doesn't give away too much. In short, real girl spy material, and smart enough to not join the 'Girl Stooges'.

James - Smart, great spy, his pranks seem to endear him to the house. Still constantly eating. He will be a little butterball when his metabolism slows down.

Paulie - Took his turn at Pawn with a minimum of resentment, should be good to go for a while. Is playing to the camera a little, and that will hurt his game. His speech to Julie just before the Jozea vote was a little too practiced and a little too cute.

DaVonne - On the fence with her. On the one hand she is playing pretty well, has recruited Newbies (which is the biggest factor in the Returner alliance being dominant), and has contained the fiery side of her personality. So I put here here.

But her basic personality is not good for this game and those diary room interviews are scary. If she doesn't confine those comments to the diary room, she could lose control of her game. Self control is one of the basic requirements in the Big Brother house if one wants to last, and DaVonne is sometimes a loose cannon.

MEH

Corey - Seems to have a hard time thinking original thoughts. Easily confused. The Victoria of this season.

Tiffany - Has the volatility of her sister without the unparalleled raw talent for survival. I'm thinking she will go supernova at some point. Her obsession with hiding or slowly dispensing her identity is idiotic and keeping her from working on what's important to her game.

Zak - Pretty, good spy, has joined the major alliance. But otherwise pretty bland.

Victor - On the wrong side of the house, dimwitted, will follow Jozea and Paul out the door unless he cozens up to the major players. I think winning the challenge of the evictees is his only chance to go far in the game.

Really, Really, Really Stupid Alliance - the "Spy Girls". Should be the "Girl Stooges".

Natalie - Cute Latina, bouncy, energetic, and a cheerleader's smile. But stupid. She tells little clueless Bridgette to go up to the HoH room to spy on people there and see what they are planning. So she becomes a really obvious spy, with no explanation for why she is there, no Plan B, and no exit strategy. Not the tightest spy plan in history.

Bronte - Spills the beans at Josea's meeting about where Bridgette has gone, and that she is spying on the HoH meeting. Clueless. No thought that she might be ratting out Bridgette and that that info would get back to the HoH'ers. Indeed, both James and Zak promlply inform Nicole that Bridgette was spying on them, as if it weren't obvious already.

Bridgette - Clueless. But she does fit nicely with the other two "Spy Girls".

This has to be the most laughable alliance since Barney Fife and Gomer teamed up.

Nauseating (Credit to Michel)

Jozea - Seems to be playing to the TV for a post BB career. Self deluded, self important, and really off putting.

Pathetic

Paul - Same as Jozea, but on a slightly subdued level. Which isn't a very subdued level at all.

Hilarious

Glen - Watching him try and mount that rocket was very funny. I hope he wins the evictee's challenges. I don't think he will, but it would be fun.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 1645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-02-16, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
That original post must have been glorious because this one isn't bad at all. Still a bit too much of a James' partisan though. Maybe when he becomes a two-time loser you will side with me.

kingfish 19148 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-16, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
I'm telling ya, it was RTVW Pulitzer Prize material. I have pried out the offending key and put it to the hammer.

And yeah, I do have a James bias. I like the guy. Entertaining little fellow, cheery, quick with a quip, isn't all wrapped up in himself (I don't remember him ever having real animosity toward anyone), he plays the game with a "What? Me worry?" attitude, but is nonetheless a serious player.

IMO.

07-03-16, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
I agree with all those positives for James but I've never seen him do anything that made me say "now that's smart" while he has done a few things that killed his chances.

07-04-16, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
I too am disheartened by your mishap. If your original write-up was even better than what you did post then it certainly is a monumental loss for whomever is left on these Boards.

"Really, Really, Really Stupid Alliance - the "Spy Girls". Should be the "Girl Stooges".

"This has to be the most laughable alliance since Barney Fife and Gomer teamed up."

Nice call Buddy!

Actually the most laughable TV Land Alliance for me was “Lenny & Squiggy” (followed closely by Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton.) But Barney and Gomer certainly get points. Whatever your choice, I agree the ridiculous “Spy Girls” rank right up there.

There are so many other characters from Season 16 who stick in my mind a ton more than Da’Vonne. She was not the first and certainly will not be the last obnoxious over-inflated idiot to live in the BB House, but you had better finish better than 16th place to get a callback. My gut tells me the primary reason she was selected was to be a sista with Zakiyah. She will easily be shrouded in the security among the returnees...especially when one of the other returnees was from her same season. Talk about starting a season with a boatload of positive intangibles in your favor!

07-04-16, 11:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
"...My gut tells me the primary reason she was selected was to be a sista with Zakiyah. She will easily be shrouded in the security among the returnees...especially when one of the other returnees was from her same season. Talk about starting a season with a boatload of positive intangibles in your favor!"

Aruba now has his own conspiracy theory... and I totally agree with it! I'd even apply it to all the returnees who certainly entered a house where they had plenty of fans ready to accept them.

07-04-16, 01:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
If my "gut" is correct I honestly would not regard that as a "conspiracy theory" as much as Production trying to go out of its way to be "politically correct."

I would put that in the same category as Production feeling the need to cast at least one gay and/or lesbian every season. Again, not something I would regard as a "conspiracy."

07-04-16, 04:27 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
But you did consider that production rigged the competition to favor the vets by giving them pets.

07-04-16, 04:46 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
Anytime you have a concept with returnees playing with newbies, the veterans will always have some experience to draw from. I would not call that "rigged;" but I would consider it not a "real" season compared to those with an ENTIRE cast of newbies.

07-04-16, 07:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
Experience helps but you were the one who wrote: "I must honestly say I do not recall so many clueless newbies to start a season since...well...BB1." Doesn't one go with the other? If so then they are rigging a season for the vets.

07-05-16, 06:28 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
The only reason and motive for my observation about the clueless newbies this season was to reconfirm the complete idiots in Production and the horrendous job they continue to do casting for Reality Shows. It’s your spinology that continues to put words in my mouth that were never there to begin with.

07-05-16, 04:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
The people in Production work for a major network on one of its longest standing show. They are certainly highly paid. After 17 seasons of BB and 32 of Survivor, I think it's easier to believe that they know EXACTLY what they are doing instead of calling them all idiots.

07-06-16, 06:50 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
Being highly compensated and/or having long tenure are hardly correlations to doing a good job. On occasion they get it right...but for the most part they are idiots.

07-02-16, 05:23 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
LAST EDITED ON 07-04-16 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

Hello Aruba! I wasn't sure you'd open a thread since we have returnees but when I saw that James was one of them, I knew you couldn't resist. Despite being fan favorite and whatever Derrick threw his way to make him feel less miserable, James was a very bad player. In a season dominated by the savvy Vanessa, he had countless chances of joining the majority but blew them all. Instead of joining forces with Vanessa and having a chance at winning, he let puppy dog Steve get the reward.

As for Frank, for the life of me, I can't remember a thing about him. That's how insignificant he in particular and BB in general are to me. I had to check wiki to remember what he did so, judging by all his nominations and challenge wins, we must have had numerous rhubarbs over him! You must have had your bromance while I must have seen a dumb guy who had no social strategy.

Maybe they've learned...

As for this season:

The Good

1- Zakiyah: Finally a young, attractive African American woman wasn't cast to be the drama queen. It's early and she may disappoint me but I was truly impressed with her social strategy. She is in all the alliances that matter and I'm sure she'd be welcomed in the spy girls if she was so inclined. I don't remember seeing anyone outside of Tina in Australia, Danni in Guatemala and Todd in China being able to find such an enviable position so quickly. Let's hope she doesn't just coast from here on out.

2- Nicole: I'm not in favor of winning the early HoH but as a returnee she didn't have much choice. I really enjoyed the way she went about it with Corey and how she stuck to her guns in going for "Jossiah". I'm not sure how you felt about her in her previous seasons but she's cute so I must have given her some positive attention. Her HoH position made her the adsorbent around which the 8-pack gelled but she was smart enough to include her 2 Freakazoid mates and to have a women's majority inside of it.

3- Da'Vonne: It seems that Aruba just wants to start another argument by putting her in last but she played it very well. Yes, she was pathetic the last time but that was because her early alliance imploded. She is a smart woman who wasn't fooled by anyone's schemes. She was the main catalyst of the 8 pack, the first to get newbies on board.

4- Tiffany: She has a long way to go before I can say she's as good as Vanessa but she had a good start. Her position in the alliance is solid and her side deal with Paulie should serve her well. Her problem will come when the hot heads are eliminated and the others start worrying that she could be as sharp as her sister.

5- Frank: Like I said, I don't remember a thing about his first game and I'd love a link to our earlier discussions about him but they seem to have been lost in the crash during the Ukrainian conflict. For now, he seems to have learned the neccessity to have a strong social strategy: He helped gather the 8 pack and showed compassion to the rebels, something that could keep him safe.

6- Paulie: Being the pawn can be stressful but being next to that imbecile "Jossiah" had to reassure him somewhat. Now the vets owe him a favor and that should serve Paulie well even if he couldn't be included in the 8-pack. I suspect that a faction of that alliance could use Paulie to gain majority inside the majority.

7- James: His status as returnee put him in a group of 4 and then he was lucky that his allies formed the 8-pack. Despite doing nothing worthwhile, he fell ass-backwards into the majority. You can tell that he's a dumb player by the fact that of the 4 returnees, he was the only one unable to include a member of his "Unicorn" team inside the 8-pack... He's in the good category only because he's in a good position and he's entertaining...for now.

The Boring -

1- Michelle: Maybe I wasn't paying sufficient attention but she seemed like a passerby who got on board the right train simply by luck. Her alliance with the returning players reminded me of Cindy in Guatemala and, like Gary, I felt like telling her to wait for the reunion show before asking for autographs. But she is in a good position so she avoids the "Bad" category for now.

2- Corey: I guess that to some he makes for nice decoration but so does a potted plant. What a great stroke of luck for the returnees to have this strong guy on their side. We saw how easily he can be manipulated when Nicole completely outwitted him for the HoH and now even the rebels want him out. I'm sure Aruba will whine about ADS but he's just a meat shield.

3- Natalie: The female equivalent to Corey. I thought you were a Jets fan, Aruba so maybe you will cheer for an ex-cheeleader of your team. She isn't a threat and she's trying to play the game in her own little world so maybe she'll be fun to watch.

4- Bronte: She's wasn't as boring as the first 3 in this category because I like her quirky look and find her amusing but I can see how she can irritate most viewers. Use in moderation, I say and enjoy irresponsibly!

The Bad -

1- Victor: He did well to keep his team safe but he's too closely tied to the rebels. He seems much more level headed than the others but, like them, he had a really bad read of the house.

2- Bridgette: It takes a lot of stupidity for such an inoffensive player to become a target so soon. Of course, Frank had a limited number of candidates due to all the dumb twists that make Julie all wet but still, Bridgette put herself on everyone's radar and without "Jossiah's" utter ignorance, she'd have had the early talk with the Chenbot.

The Extremely Bad-

In a Category of his own: Paul: Like his acolytes, Paul couldn't read the mood of the house if he thought he could have a revolution against the returnees. After all the seasons with returnees, players should know one thing: Production wants to keep the veterans around for a while so they cast enough starstruck players to align with them. If that isn't enough, they'll find other ways to save them. So Paul, you weren't fighting only against 4 smarter players, you were taking on SeeBS as well! Since you can't beat them, you need to join them but you're too much of a hot head for that. I guess you will be walking out the door soon.

Evicted - "Jossiah": Like I wrote in the play-by-play of the episode, out of all the Big Brother, Survivor and TAR seasons, I feel that "Jossiah" was the most deserving of being the first person voted out ever. Giving him hope of returning is nauseating.

Falling off the Island - Glenn: I believe that, in every cast, production includes one easy early boot. Sometimes the players are too dumb to use that gift but it worked out this time. The result of that last competition looked so much to go the way SeeBS wanted it that I wonder if the island wasn't rigged against Glenn.

07-04-16, 09:39 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
Hello Michel!

First off I’d like to say...WOW!! I can’t believe you remembered my favorite NFL team is the Jets. That’s mighty impressive. I did read right before the season that Natalie was a Jet cheerleader...actually they’re called the “Flight Attendants.” DUH. I must say when the Dallas Cowboys came up with the idea of cheerleaders for its team I was intrigued (perhaps being at an age when I first discovered my hormones may have had something to do with it.) But when other copycat teams jumped on the bandwagon, the novelty wore off fast for me. Today I regard NFL cheerleaders as nothing more than exotic dancers wearing a bit more clothes (sometimes) who perform on the sidelines instead of swinging on a pole.

As for Natalie in the House, that scene when Victor was teasing her before she dolled herself up for the day pretty much confirms a claim I have made throughout my life...if men were able to enhance their appearances on a daily basis as women do, i.e. Natalie we’d be the best looking species on Earth.

With James I simply acknowledged his America’s Fav status and did find him a good addition last season. My vote would have gone to Johnny Mac, but I can understand James taking the honor. As for this season I was more happy to see Frank and Nicole as returnees. As much as you know I do not care for returnees, I’m definitely not in favor of back-to-back seasons. Hence Frank/Nicole in my “Good” category with James starting off as a “Meh.”

I don’t care how many feathers Da’Vonne puts in her cap when she obnoxiously rants in the DR; those newbies in the 8-pack were migrating to the veterans WITHOUT her intervention. I must honestly say I do not recall so many clueless newbies to start a season since...well...BB1. So the handful with even a smidgen of game knowledge will align with the returnees on their own accord. I can understand someone as full of herself as Da’Vonne wanting to take full credit for that, but I for one, will not be drinking her Kool-Aid.

At 1-9 odds I knew any wager would be easy money. I’m not a betting man by nature but even if I was, I doubt I would want to lay down $2.00 to take back only $2.20.

07-04-16, 04:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
It is funny that you have James in the Boring category while I have him in the "Good"! I suspect that will change when he becomes a target especially if he wins a comp.

07-04-16, 04:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
I would not totally classify the "Meh" category as all "Boring." The Team James "Unicorns" DID win the inaugural comp for this season. By winning that first comp and having safety for the first TWO evictions it did not require anyone from that team (including James) to have to be "Good" or "Bad" during the first week, thus I did not rank any of them as "Good" for now.

IMO too many HGs had safety for one reason or the other during the first week.

When the returnees are targeted I suspect James may be #1 on the hit list. Should he successfully take matters in his hands and proactively escape eviction he would have an excellent chance to find himself in the "Good" category.

07-04-16, 07:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
>I would not totally classify the
>"Meh" category as all "Boring."
>The Team James "Unicorns" DID
>win the inaugural comp for
>this season. By winning that
>first comp and having safety
>for the first TWO evictions
>it did not require anyone
>from that team (including James)
>to have to be "Good"
>or "Bad" during the first
>week, thus I did not
>rank any of them as
>"Good" for now.

Back-pedaling...

>IMO too many HGs had safety
>for one reason or the
>other during the first week.

Totally agree with that.

>When the returnees are targeted I
>suspect James may be #1
>on the hit list. Should
>he successfully take matters in
>his hands and proactively escape
>eviction he would have an
>excellent chance to find himself
>in the "Good" category.

See, for me, James has already had 2 weeks to create bonds, to start on a good social strategy. If he is the first returnee put on the block and he's the main target then I'll have reason to repeat that he's a dumb player. If does win competitions to stay in the game, I'll say he's lucky because those comps are ridiculously dumb. I can't believe that adding 6 numbers to total 18 is considered a challenge for the average American. You should watch an episode of "Des Chiffres et des Lettres" on French TV to see a real numbers challenge.

07-05-16, 06:23 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
Not back-pedaling at all. Just providing an honest and appropriate response to why James and his fellow Unicorns were not in my Good category for the first week.

I have no criticisms about James social game for this past week. He has bonded well with Natalie and is even considered “one of the girls” among the female HGs. That was what set Paul off on his idiot tirade. He has connected well with Frank. Yes his pranks are silly and immature, but only Victor seems to have a bug up his butt over them. The other HGs are humored and it brings a sense of levity to the House. I do believe James (and possibly Frank) will be the first returnees targeted. If James is targeted because the other HGs perceive him as a horrible social player then your reason has been validated. But if he should be targeted because others fear he may perform well in comps or resentment for playing in back-to-back seasons, then your claim has little to no merit.

07-05-16, 04:19 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
Only complete idiots like Devin get nominated for being horrible social players. Many are dragged to the end as goats so I don't believe James would be nominated for being a horrible social player. I'm saying that he isn't good enough to avoid becoming a target for whatever reasons the HoH gives. Players with good social strategy avoid being voted out even if they are good in challenges or have played before (Dan for example) .

James already failed miserably once so I don't need much more proof.

07-06-16, 06:57 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
I don't know who Devin is?

You forgot to mention the pathetically inept who consequently and appropriately are not perceived as threats avoid getting voted out early also.

James will not be mentioned among the greats who played this game, but I would not classify a 7th place finish in a season with 17 HGs as "failing miserably."

07-06-16, 09:56 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
Maybe you'll remember Devin as a member of the bomb squad in season 16.

James failed miserably because he put himself in a position where he had 0% chance of winning.

It's funny that most of those you call "the pathetically inept" were great social strategists. These games aren't about winning comps after comps.

07-07-16, 05:30 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Week 1 Initial List"
OK, now I remember Devin...he was easy to forget. Yes, he was a social moron.

Victoria, Spenser, Jenn City, and Jerry were all "great social strategists? You're right...that IS funny. Actually it's hilarious.

Hey, a post where I agree with you on two counts!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •