The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
" Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2249 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-15, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
" Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Reversal of fortunes for the Sixth Sense original members with Liz winning HOH. Austin, Julia, and Vanessa could vote as a block and Liz breaks the tie. See what winning an HOH comp can do.

JOHNNY – Even the studio audience knows how golden this HG is. His response to the Chenbot when being called to cast his vote by responding, “Whadaya want?” was beyond hysterical. Suffers a minor setback losing Clay and Shelli in successive evictions, but he should bounce back. I figure him to do well in the POV, but if not most voters have to believe Johnny Mac would be much easier to work with than Becky. Sad that he’s the only one in the House who needs to spoon feed the other simpletons about his dead on read with Vanessa. His agreement with Steve to keep the noms the same made possible by his POV win should have Steve on his side.

VANESSA – Contrary to many fans, I separate my personal like/dislike from game playing ability. Yeah I know hypocrisy is solid tool in the game, but I will always regard a two-faced flimflam as a despicable human being. Sorry, that’s just me. But with that said, she is using this despairing trait to her advantage in the game—and doing it quite well. Assuming the role as the human lightening rod this season should allow her to advance. How far she advances will depend on whether Johnny can smack sense into the rest of the House of casting debacles—gosh Production, you guys suck!

JAMES – Well...the HG who supposedly killed his game has resurrected himself quite nicely. Dealt a minor blow with Jackie as the DE victim, but he’s still with Meg and appears to be striking up a rapport with Steve and the rest of the House. A win or two at the right time and he’s in serious contention.

LIZMAJOR HOH win at an opportune time could send her alliance on its way. I’m not buying her claim that she is developing strong feelings for the barbarian. Honestly think it’s her lame attempt to buffer any negative repercussions from fans/viewers labeling her as a cold-hearted user. But in her defense it was Austin who pursued her. Hope her back is strong enough to carry her sister AND the oversized male suitor.

AUSTIN – Only HG who started the game who has NOT spent any time on the nomination block. Sure, some of it is dumba$$ luck, but I’ll throw a little props his way as well for that accomplishment. In VERY good position at this stage of the game, but even best case scenario I do not see a majority of the Jury voting him BB17 champion.

STEVE – Not since the “trombonist” saved himself in week one have we seen any competition prowess from him prior to this week. And now he scores a double with POV and HOH wins. But he didn’t want to win HOH??? Well duh, get anyone of the first four or five questions wrong so you wouldn’t have a final showdown with Austin/Johnny. Unfortunately his HOH was a DE and didn’t have the necessary time to make best use of it. Consequently it was a waste for him to setup up the Jackie eviction based on what just one person (Vanessa) told him?! Simply put, Steve is a pure wildcard.

JULIA – Can’t figure how the idiotic morons allow her easy coasting in the House. Once again, a stellar Production job with the casting...gosh you guys FRIGGING suck! Other than watching her get grossed out with the Austin/Liz showmance she’s had zero relevance in the game.

MEG – Oh Brother, are we going to have to deal with a crying session every time she’s nominated? If Spencer and Victoria cried every time they were nominated their tears would end the California drought. Hey China Doll, accept that similar fate in this game and consider yourself lucky you’re advancing in that manner.

BECKY – Her HOH reign was a complete disaster thanks largely to her cold-hearted treatment toward Vanessa. Now she’s on the block with 10K in hand and one foot out the door. Her silver lining is someone will be coming back and her ability to perform in competitions should give her a fighting chance should she get evicted on Thursday.

EVICTED) SHELLI – She was on the block with someone who simply fought harder to stay in the game. But this is exactly what happens when your alliance goes into a competition drought. Her interview with Julie was uncomfortable to watch. Her reentry into the game will be contingent on who she will be competing against among the other jury house members. She does have a decent shot to get back into the House.

ECIVTED) JACKIE – Thank you Jackie for providing the highlight of the week with that striptease performance...DAMN you Steve for being such an ignorant minion and sending Jackie out the door. Clearly the victim of the unfair twist that defines the double eviction. It would be nice to see her reunite with James/Meg and see where that alliance can go...but I doubt that will happen.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Did I just pull a Julia? kingfish 08-17-15 1
   RE: Did I just pull a Julia? Aruba 08-18-15 11
       RE: Did I just pull a Julia? michel2 08-18-15 14
           RE: Did I just pull a Julia? Aruba 08-19-15 19
               RE: Did I just pull a Julia? michel2 08-19-15 21
                   RE: Did I just pull a Julia? Aruba 08-20-15 23
                       RE: Did I just pull a Julia? michel2 08-20-15 26
                           RE: Did I just pull a Julia? Aruba 08-20-15 29
                               RE: Did I just pull a Julia? michel2 08-21-15 31
       RE: Did I just pull a Julia? kingfish 08-19-15 16
           RE: Did I just pull a Julia? michel2 08-19-15 18
               RE: Did I just pull a Julia? kingfish 08-20-15 25
                   RE: Did I just pull a Julia? michel2 08-20-15 27
 RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-17-15 2
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 kingfish 08-17-15 3
       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-17-15 4
           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 kingfish 08-17-15 5
               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-17-15 6
                   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 kingfish 08-18-15 7
                       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-18-15 8
                           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 kingfish 08-18-15 9
                               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-18-15 10
                                   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 kingfish 08-19-15 15
                                       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-19-15 17
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 Aruba 08-18-15 12
       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-18-15 13
           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 Aruba 08-19-15 20
               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-19-15 22
                   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 Aruba 08-20-15 24
                       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 michel2 08-20-15 28
                           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8 Aruba 08-20-15 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18495 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-15, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Did I just pull a Julia? "
I bet Julia’s going to just love that comment.

Becky makes Crisco Angels on her slide out the door. Maybe. Unless the chatter on the feeds that has Vanessa being backdoored is anything more than diary room induced scuttlebut. Which it probably isn't.

A lot of things have happened since we last met here, I have been married three times and divorced twice, sued for bigamy once, and gone bankrupt with my Prince of Nigeria can’t-lose business model scheme. It seemed like such a good thing, and I made a lot of money off of Fooner, but with Interpol on my tail, I had to cut and run.

And oh yeah, lots have happened in the house too. Most pleasing to me was the eviction of Shelli, (Oooh Clay, I miss you SOOOOOO much!”. Bleah. Erp!). Her inability to lie or detect lying by others was a real detriment to her game, but her fatal flaw was her inability to resist putting the power duo target on her back.

The eviction of Clay was also pleasing and foreordained (condolences to Tribe), he lost sight of the reason why he was in the cast and was bounced. He has the rest of the summer to cool his ardor, but if he and Shelli are the really real thing, then he has a lifetime of sappy whining regret to look forward to.

Not so pleasing was the defiance of the laws of gravity that Vanessa exhibited by managing to escape eviction by sitting next to Shelli despite being the specific target of the HoH. She is the most astute reader of opponents, but her frenetic playing of all sides and general hysteria are killing her game.

She is human, though, as her reaction to being possibly backdoored by Becky showed. The immediate retreat to her bed and comforter was very Audrey like, and indeed, has become a typical BB response.

Vanessa has become the house villain, yet still manages to survive. So far anyway, because with every HoH cycle (unless she wins HoH) she is a prime backdoor target for the two alliances in the house.

Johnny Mac – He’s on the block. He’s vulnerable. But not as vulnerable as Becky who is sitting next to him, or (one would suppose) Vanessa who might be considered for a back door eviction by Liz, the current HoH. He’s managed to pull off not removing alliance mates from the block without incurring their wrath (well, maybe Jackie is a bit mad, but she’s a juror now and there is plenty of time for her to forgive).

He has to survive the fickle finger of fate each week, because if things don’t go his way his team will get pagonged. But he has to be the odds on favorite at this point to survive, and if he does make it to the end, he should win.

And he continues to be the most entertaining hamster as well as one of the more perceptive strategists.

James - His alliance is in danger of being irrelevant, but his game play is very good. With Shelli, his proclaimed enemy, out of the game his position is much better. But his ability to win challenges is noted by the other alliance and his is always a name that comes up during discussions. Fortunately there are others that come up first, so he is in a good place for now. However is vulnerable and destined for extinction if the Sixth Sense wins another HoH and the pagonging begins. I’m guessing that the producers and the diary room influencers will try their best to keep the balance in the house.

Meg – She’s not likely to be bounced anytime soon, and she’s showing some strategic abilities as well as game awareness. A great pawn, and an unlikely evictee.

Steve – I hesitate to put him this high because he seems so erratic, and it’s difficult to get a definitive read on him, but it seems that he has improved his lot. Those were pretty flaky HoH nominations which hurt his alliance, if the James Gang alliance is his alliance, and may well have killed his game, as he fears. It did give him an in with the Sixth Sense, but as a bottom rung member that will be the first to go (after Vanessa). But he is showing some instincts that are good, and he still has the good will of both sides of the house. Is it a tightrope that he has no chance of successfully negotiating?

Vanessa – It's hard for me to rank Vanessa. Even with her paranoia and incessant questioning, she’s the best player in the house, and she still has the best reads of the other players. She hasn’t been 100% correct in her reads, but she’s by far the most successful. One of her tactics is her accusations of lying without really knowing, and watching the reactions. James was better at deceiving her than the others have been, while at the same time getting a read on her. However her rabid game play and overt maneuvering is just killing her game. But in spite of her frenetic maneuvering, she does defy gravity each week, and I expect her to do so again this week. There is talk of resentment by her alliance of some of her shady moves, but she is still a member of the Sixth Sense, and despite her deceptions, her alliance will once again decide to keep her (and her vote) for one more week.

Interesting to me is that she dresses like an insomniac bag lady.

Julia – In good shape this week, and if the other side of the house gets the next HoH, she won’t be the focus then either. Liz, Austin, and especially Vanessa, are all more vulnerable than she is.

Austin – He is in better shape now that Liz won the HoH, but he is over confident and could very well overplay his hand as he is wont to do. Also, with his only identifiable game strategy as being a "Judas", he is still a very weak player and incredibly (IMO) fortunate to be in a strong alliance. He deserves credit for perseverance in his Liz chase, and he owes a lot to the fact that Shelli, Clay, and Vanessa recognized that the Twins were an asset. His hormones landed him in a good place, and people, how often does that happen? You can’t deny that his position has become more secure with the recent success of his alliance and with his twin-mate as the HoH.

Liz – Will have to survive the week-after HoH syndrome. As a member of the twin duo, and the Austin/Liz duo, and especially as a member of the Austwins trio, she should be the focus next time the James Gang get the HoH. Of course, Vanessa should be a bigger target than all three.

Becky – Great game play, but her alliance did not get a vital HoH, and she is not likely to survive the HoH week-after syndrome. But a stalwart player who showed the stones to do what she needed to do for her alliance and she played the odds correctly. She could not have predicted the flaky out of left field nominations made by Steve, no one else in the house (IMO) would have put Meg up against Jackie. So, most likely Becky will fall victim to a bad roll of the dice, and the fickle finger of fate.

Jackie – She did not have the ability to win this game. She was sweet and provided some entertainment, and she did finally develop some game awareness, but in a pool of sharks and fools, she was chum and could not survive. She caught a stray bullet and became a collateral casualty. She didn’t even get to pack a bag.

Shelli – She lost sight of the game and could not understand that game strategy dictated that showmances (real showmances that weren’t just deceptive ploys) are usually a very bad idea. She also became obsessed with getting revenge for Clay’s eviction, and so her strategic thinking went out the window. I will not miss her pitiful self-delusional sobbing.

Crabman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-18-15, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
Nice Job. Once again, mostly dead-on with your assessments.

I hear you about Vanessa being hard to rank. Yes, she’s playing harder than anyone in the House, but she’s going way overboard emotionally and socially. That being said, she could advance quite nicely by benefitting from the “Poison Pill” syndrome. No one wants to be the one responsible for sending Vanessa to the Jury House because if they advance to the F2, Vanessa may convince enough simpletons in the Jury to cast “Bitter Betty” votes against them.

I believe Vanessa’s attire as an “insomniac Bag Lady” is purely by design in her attempt to go out of her way to NOT come off as a “hot chick” in the House. Several years ago she posed and had a pictorial in SI Swimsuit issue, so if she wanted she could have gone that route as well.

Only two disagreements:

I think if Liz and Julia go on the block together, Julia may be more at risk. I do not see the twins campaigning against each other and you know Austin would fight tooth and nail to keep Liz in the House. He’s successfully sent HGs home before from behind the scenes. And you may also have the sentiment that Liz deserves to stay in the game more because Julia entered the House as a separate player much later in the game. Send Julia out the door and you’ll have Liz going after you. But send Liz out the door, Julia AND Austin are gunning for you.

Becky’s idea was great; but her “gameplay” and execution were poor. That, and her inability to win the last HOH, is why she probably goes to the Jury on Thursday. Of course not literally, but technically she did survive the HOH "week"-after syndrome when they played a "week" in one hour with Steve winning the next HOH and Becky survived unscathed.
But kudos on your solid observation that Becky/her alliance did not get the vital HOH win contributing to her potential demise this week. You have a keen eye my man!

michel2 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-18-15, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
If a juror is bitter then that is the player's fault, not the juror.

Not to long ago, you wrote that the jury wasn't bitter when they voted for Natalie to win Survivor BvW II but did you actually look at the votes?

- Josh was bitter at Jaclyn so he voted for Natalie.

- Jeremy was bitter at Jaclyn so he voted for his closest ally, Natalie.

- Wes was bitter at Jaclyn so he voted for Natalie who saved his father.

- Reed was bitter at Jaclyn so he voted for Natalie.

- Jon voted for his girlfriend but he was bitter towards Natalie.

- Baylor voted for her mom but she was bitter towards Natalie.

- Keith had no reason to be bitter towards Natalie since she saved him. His bitterness was always towards Missy anyway.

Only Alec voted for Natalie even if he could have been bitter at her. Then again, he had no reason to like how Jaclyn screwed his alliance. So maybe he voted for the person he disliked the least.

And I sense a shot at me when you give kudos to kingfish. I also see that these players have created a situation where the comps are important but that's why I think they are morons. Smart players take the HoH mostly out of the equation by always working with the new one. That's how Dan, Will, Derrick and even Hayden played.

08-19-15, 07:32 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
Natalie won S29 because voters rewarded her for big game moves and deservingly awarded the win to the castaway who played the best game out of the three finalists. That’s not to say those voters didn’t resent the other finalists feeling they deserved to be there, but despite your spin Natalie did not get the necessary votes purely out of default.

Conversely, in Samoa the votes clearly went against Russell. And in the season they had the audacity to call “All-Stars” three out of four votes for Amb”a” were anti-Rob votes. THAT’S the bitterness I’m referring to.

>And I sense a shot at
>me when you give kudos
>to kingfish.

AHHHH, now YOU’RE the one with a keen eye as well. Of course my kudos to Kingfish was also to rattle your cage. You know me too well.

Hayden specifically mentioned in his F2 opening statement to the Jury how many competitions he won that season as a reason to vote him champion. Julie even responded something to the effect how slick of him to slip that fact to the voters. Shortly thereafter he was rewarded with the win and joined Lisa and Rachel as eventual champions who “moronically” won the first HOH of the season. LOL Derrick won HOH early on (week three.) Several champions, i.e. D!ck, Rachel, etc. all had decent number of competition victories paving the way for their wins.

But my focus on proactivity is not just limited to HOHs; I include ALL competitions in my discussion. Hence when comparing players from various seasons I do not go prior to BB3.

08-19-15, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-15 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

Natalie won because she did not anger many jurors. Her big move angered only 1 juror, namely Jon. She didn't give anyone else a chance to be bitter. That's the way to play.

RussHell deservedly lost because he went out of his way to anger everyone. He kept making last minute deals with them before laughing at them when they left. He didn't know how the game works and I wonder if you do.

As for Hayden almost all of his wins came in the final 3 weeks. His 1st veto win came only in week 9 and he didn't win a second HoH before week 7 when only 6 players remained. If you remember, my position is that you shouldn't win the EARLY competitions. The late ones are certainly important just because they reach the point where even the alliance has to turn on itself. With 9 players left, a smart player shouldn't need to win a competition to put the target on someone else.

I bet you do not go before BB3 because Will, the concensus best player ever, didn't win a single competition. That must really bug you! Here's another thing that may bug you: S29 Natalie won individual immunity only once. Will you still want to use her as an example?

08-20-15, 06:08 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
The reason mostly all jurors in S29 weren't bitter is because almost all voted in the true spirit of the game. Unless you covet disgruntled sore-losers and Bitter Bettys, THAT'S the way to play in the name of true sportsmanship. I only used Natalie as an example to show how a player can deservingly win without a majority of Jurors being bitter cry-babies. Although she deserved the win THAT season (which is not saying much) she's not even in the conversation as best player ever, so her win doesn't bug me in the least.

Tony (S28) and Mike last season didn't anger players??? The heck they didn't! I suppose they don't know how the game works either. I wonder if both still understand how the game works...as they count their MILLION DOLLAR prizes. LOL

Hayden's HOH win in week one set the groundwork and foundation for the Brigade that went on to dominate the season and stockpile competition wins. Early HOH wins don't get much bigger than that.

It doesn't matter how many players are left; with the game always changing on a dime and the expect the unexpected you NEVER can be sure you're safe...unless of course you are HOH or if nominated win POV to remove yourself from the block. Kingfish is right--the basis for a lot of your counterpoints is acting on the premise that HGs possess a crystal ball or a deck of Tarot cards.

BB3 was the first season that had both HOH and POV competitions. That's the only reason I start with BB3 as an apples to apples comparison. There were no POV competitions in BB2. And don't even attempt to say that doesn't matter because it was the POV that ended Will's game in All-Stars...something he fortunately didn't have to contend with in BB2.

08-20-15, 04:56 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
>The reason mostly all jurors in
>S29 weren't bitter is because
>almost all voted in the
>true spirit of the game.

No, First of all, there is no suich thing as the "true spirit of the game. Jurors can use any criteria they want to cast their vote. Secondly, like almost every juror EVER, the S29 jury voted for the person they liked the most. That is the key. That is ALWAYS the key.

>Tony (S28) and Mike last season
>didn't anger players??? The heck
>they didn't! I suppose they
>don't know how the game
>works either. I wonder if
>both still understand how the
>game works...as they count their
>MILLION DOLLAR prizes. LOL

Again, Mike and Tony won because, in the end, they were liked more than their opponents. Both were incredibly lucky to be sitting at the end so I would say that their road to victory didn't show they knew how to play the game. Mike won the money by simply winning immunity while Tony was given his check by Kass and Woo.

>Hayden's HOH win in week one
>set the groundwork and foundation
>for the Brigade that went
>on to dominate the season
>and stockpile competition wins. Early
>HOH wins don't get much
>bigger than that.

Those four guys were so well matched that they most likely would have come together even without Hayden's victory. You read WAY too much into that.

>It doesn't matter how many players
>are left; with the game
>always changing on a dime
>and the expect the unexpected
>you NEVER can be sure
>you're safe...unless of course you
>are HOH or if nominated
>win POV to remove yourself
>from the block. Kingfish is
>right--the basis for a lot
>of your counterpoints is acting
>on the premise that HGs
>possess a crystal ball or
>a deck of Tarot cards.

No, I just need to listen to what the players are saying and the players can certainly do the same. Vanessa knows that the Austwins are turning away from her. Does she have a crystal ball? No, she can simply read that their attitude towards her has changed.

I mean, we aren't dealing with skilled actors here. For example, take James' reaction when Liz won the BotB comp on her own. He threw his arms up in despair so anyone watching (meaning Austin) should have known there was a sneaky plan in place. Or just watch who the peanut gallery is rooting for, who gets applauded nicely when they win and who gets polite golf claps. That should be enough to tell you what is going on. Most players are so easy to read.

>BB3 was the first season that
>had both HOH and POV
>competitions. That's the only reason
>I start with BB3 as
>an apples to apples comparison.
>There were no POV competitions
>in BB2. And don't even
>attempt to say that doesn't
>matter because it was the
>POV that ended Will's game
>in All-Stars...something he fortunately didn't
>have to contend with in
>BB2.

Ha! Ha! In BB2, Will was on the block more than anyone else so the Veto could have helped him, don't you think? My mind reading skills tell me that you start at BB3 just to avoid talking about him.

08-20-15, 06:12 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
>No, First of all, there is
>no suich thing as the
>"true spirit of the game.
> Jurors can use any
>criteria they want to cast
>their vote. Secondly, like
>almost every juror EVER, the
>S29 jury voted for the
>person they liked the most.
> That is the key.
>That is ALWAYS the key.

What I mean by true spirit of the game is voting for the player who dominated the season vs. a popularity contest.
And several times the player who dominated wins over Mr./Ms. Congeniality and vica-versa. The most likable or congenial does lose out to a player who dominated a season when the Jury gets it right.

>Again, Mike and Tony won because,
>in the end, they were
>liked more than their opponents.
> Both were incredibly lucky
>to be sitting at the
>end so I would say
>that their road to victory
>didn't show they knew how
>to play the game.
>Mike won the money by
>simply winning immunity while Tony
>was given his check by
>Kass and Woo.

Mike won because no one's endgame was more PROACTIVE than his. His approach couldn't be any more opposite of luck. It wasn't a question of likability. He successfully controlled his own fate (anti-luck) for a most deserving and most satisfying win.

Tony got to the F4 by outplaying and outsearching everyone else. Woo doesn't even get to the F3 and win the last IC if not for Tony and how he voted in the prior TC. No one searched harder, worked harder, and played harder than Tony. The Jury acknowledged that and rewarded him with the win.

>Those four guys were so well
>matched that they most likely
>would have come together even
>without Hayden's victory. You
>read WAY too much into
>that.

Matt wasn't even remotely close to being matched with the likes of Hayden, Enzo, and Lane.

>No, I just need to listen
>to what the players are
>saying and the players can
>certainly do the same.
>Vanessa knows that the Austwins
>are turning away from her.
> Does she have a
>crystal ball? No, she
>can simply read that their
>attitude towards her has changed.

I'm not only talking players, I'm talking about twists and turns in the game that can send YOUR game in a tailspin even if you think you have a read on the others. That's why you can't hold anything to chance.

>I mean, we aren't dealing with
>skilled actors here. For
>example, take James' reaction when
>Liz won the BotB comp
>on her own. He
>threw his arms up in
>despair so anyone watching (meaning
>Austin) should have known there
>was a sneaky plan in
>place. Or just watch who
>the peanut gallery is rooting
>for, who gets applauded nicely
>when they win and who
>gets polite golf claps.
>That should be enough to
>tell you what is going
>on. Most players are
>so easy to read.

If what you say is true then we would never have any "blindsides" on Reality TV.

>Ha! Ha! In BB2, Will was
>on the block more than
>anyone else so the Veto
>could have helped him, don't
>you think? My mind
>reading skills tell me that
>you start at BB3 just
>to avoid talking about him.
>

If Will goes through a complete season (one with POVs) without winning a single competition, he would not be able to take himself off the block.

Not being able to win a POV isn't what killed Will in All-Stars. It was another player on the block who wins the Veto, removes themselves, and now Will is at risk as a replacement nom. THAT'S what ended his game in All-Stars. And THAT similar scenario could not have happened in BB2 because they did not have the POV.

Will's win in BB2 was much like Hatch's win in S1. The games were in its infancy and no one had a blueprint to follow. To Hatch's credit in S1 and Will's credit in BB2 both were light years ahead of the other players in their respective seasons and both earned their wins.

In the post BB2 format with the extra competitions I do not see a Will or anyone for that matter being able to win a season without winning a single competition. Not impossible mind you; just highly improbable IMO.

08-21-15, 05:56 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-15 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

"What I mean by true spirit of the game is voting for the player who dominated the season vs. a popularity contest.
And several times the player who dominated wins over Mr./Ms. Congeniality and vica-versa. The most likable or congenial does lose out to a player who dominated a season when the Jury gets it right."

Not true:
S1: Hatch won because more people liked him than Kelly.
S2: Tina was more liked than Colby
S3: Ethan was more liked than Mama Kim
S4: Vee was more liked than Neleh
S5: Brian was less dislike dthan Clay
S6: Jenna was more liked than Matt.
S7: Sandra wa smore liked than Lil
S8: Lamber was more liked than Rob
S9: Chris was more liked than Twila
S10: Tom was more liked than Kathie.
S11: Danni was more liked than Steph
S12: Aras was less diesliked than Danielle
S13: Yul was like Jesus
S14: Earl was liked
S15: Todd was more liked than Amanda but this one is close
S16: Parvati was more liked than Amanda
S17: Bob was more like by Kota than Susie and Sugar
S18: JT was loved
S19: Natalie was more liked than even the feckless Mick
S20: Only Sandra was liked by the jury
S21: Fabio was the only one liked by the jury
S22: Rob was admired by all the fans on the jury
S23: Sophie was much more likable than Coach and Al
S24: Kim was more liked than the lazy Sab and the wishy-washy Chelsea
S25: Denise was liked, the others weren't
S26: Cochran was liked by the jury
S27: Tyson was more liked than the others
S28: Tony was more liked than Woo
S29: The jury only liked Natalie
S30: Mike was more liked than Will and Carolyn.

If you look closely at the individuals casting votes, you would realize that they almost always vote for who they like most. Sometimes those that were liked more got to be that way because they played a good game but not always. The social game is 1 Million percent more important than the physical game.

"Mike won because no one's endgame was more PROACTIVE than his. His approach couldn't be any more opposite of luck."

Ha! Ha! As soon as Joe left, Mike became public enemy number one. He was damn lucky to win all those immunities. Yes he worked hard but those Mickey Mouse challenges are won by luck as much as by skills.

"Tony got to the F4 by outplaying and outsearching everyone else"

Tony got the the F4 because Krass stupidly gave him the numbers at the merge and because Trish was suffering from a big case of Stockholm Syndrome. At F4 Tony needed Krass to win the challenge to boot Spencer and then he needed Woo to have a brain fart at F3. Luck. One of the luckiest winners ever...

"I'm not only talking players, I'm talking about twists and turns in the game that can send YOUR game in a tailspin even if you think you have a read on the others. That's why you can't hold anything to chance. "

The best way to survive all those twists and turns is to have A GOOD SOCIAL GAME!

"If what you say is true then we would never have any "blindsides" on Reality TV "

We actually have very few real blindsides on TV. Most players know what is coming but the editors make it look like a blindside. Then again, some players, like Kim for example, are good actors...

"Will's win in BB2 was much like Hatch's win in S1. The games were in its infancy and no one had a blueprint to follow. To Hatch's credit in S1 and Will's credit in BB2 both were light years ahead of the other players in their respective seasons and both earned their wins.

In the post BB2 format with the extra competitions I do not see a Will or anyone for that matter being able to win a season without winning a single competition. Not impossible mind you; just highly improbable IMO."

Well said. I actually agree with this, especially since you added "not impossible". One that came damn close was Denise in Survivor Phillipines. After losing every tribal immunity challenges she only won the fist IC after the merge, a win she didn't even need yet there are very few more deserving winners than her. Like I said, in the end game the comps become important but before that it's much better to sandbag them.

08-19-15, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-15 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

And there I was, feeling good about having a keen eye when all along it was just a sly shot at Michel.

Oh well, life is just one big banana peel.

I'd be interested in seeing that SI shot of Vanessa. I agree that her appearance is most likely at least partially calculated as every thing she does seems to be. Possibly dressing down to blunt any accusations of being wealthy. Not necessary since no one seems to have recognized her, but a reasonable precaution, just in case.

Those hollow eyes might just be from staying awake at night planning and plotting and worrying and fretting. Or maybe that's her cosmetic makeup theme.

Adding to that she seems to be wearing more clothing than the others, leading me to think she is just naturally cold blooded. And adding to that that there is a chic casual theme to BB attire in general.

08-19-15, 04:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
I'm sure Aruba meant his compliment but we've fenced for so long that I suspect that it wasn't his only intention.

As for Vanessa, I found these:

08-20-15, 08:41 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
Thank you.

Obviously those marathon stints at the poker tables haven't turned her into a potato yet.

And I think she learned something from those sharks.

All you ladies, you young women out there who might be wondering what to do with your lives, there is a lesson here. If you happen to be genetically blessed with a body and looks, take up a male dominated sport.

Advertisers will just love you and will show their love with multi-million dollar contracts. (Vanessa, Danica, Rhonda...)

It helps if you happen to be good at that sport, but that isn't really necessary. (Danica).

08-20-15, 05:02 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Did I just pull a Julia? "
Great life advice, Kingfish. May I add that it also works in the science field. After all, the beautiful women there have geeks for bosses!

08-17-15, 05:35 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-15 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

I read a lot more of the Live Feeds than usual so my perception of the players has changed a lot.

First, I have to comment on Aruba's opening line: "Reversal of fortunes for the Sixth Sense original members with Liz winning HOH. Austin, Julia, and Vanessa could vote as a block and Liz breaks the tie. See what winning an HOH comp can do."

Yes there was a reversal of fortune but ONLY because the Austwins were dumb enough to make it a "Us vs Them" season. Smart players would always avoid such an obvious division by keeping a connection to everyone. Then, no matter who wins HOH, you can have a say and avoid the block.

1- Vanessa: Her games has evident flaws mostly due to her emotions but she is by far the best player in that house. I always like the DE night for its excitment but it is frustrating because we don't usually get a good read on the dynamics. (You really need to give the HOH winner a DR session, you dumbasses!) Sunday's episode showed that it was Vanessa once more who managed to get rid of an opponent. The way she bamboozled the house into evicting Shelli and turning on Becky was another beautiful display of manipulation. She will need a lot more if she wants to dodge the remaining bullets. Her alliance mates are morons and that really complicates her game.

2- Liz: This placement has nothing to do with her HoH win but simply because she has managed to keep the target away from her and her twin for so long. Even she can't believe why they haven't been targeted but she should realize that she owes a lot of that to Vanessa. Her nominations showed the complete division inside the house so this season becomes a war of attrition instead of a strategic game. Aruba should be happy because that puts a lot of importance on the Mickey Mouse Challenges. Me? I think it could lead us to a Steve vs Meg F2 like we've had so often in this insipid game.

3- Julia: Like her twin, she is in a great position and she could be safer than her sis because she doesn't have the hirsute baggage.

4- James: Yes, he is in a good position but only because we have incredibly moronic players. If this was a strategic season then he'd be gone in place of Jackie but I guess Vanessa could only push Steve so far. That eviction crippled James' gang so much that he had to take Becky back in his alliance. Just that shows how bad he is at this game: He realized he needed her ONLY after going against her wishes as HOH. I couldn't believe how excited he got over Jackie's little dance. Now, if it had been a complete striptease then I would have understood a bit more but come on now... In a strip club, James would be a complete embarrassment.

5- Meg: She is playing a lot like her bestie Andrea did in Redemption Island; just coasting along and being nice but I appreciate her self-depracating humor. She is one of the least threatening players so she could very well be there at the end but she would make for a terribly weak winner. Kind of like Jordan, Adam and many others.

6- John: This guy is entertaining but he is a moron when it comes time to play this game. The fracture between him and Vanessa was COMPLETELY his fault and he doubled his loss by refusing to listen to her offer. Vanessa's DR session told us she wanted to play with John (and that would have been simply the best alliance of the season) yet he couldn't even make the effort to look interested. His lethargic demeanor reminded me of Paschal during the last 10 days of Survivor Marquesas but this young guy doesn't have old age, dehydration and malnutrition as excuses. When somebody wants to talk about the game, sit up, listen and agree. It can only help down the line. Of course, production hasn't helped him: By calling him to the DR much more often than the others, BB cast doubt in their head. They are expecting a twist that is simply not there...

7- Austin: If this was only based on game play, he'd go above John because the Sasquatch has managed to slalom his way through the game avoiding the block every week. Still, I hold out hope that someone will get some game sense and realize that the hairy beast needs to vacate the premisses. Liz may be HoH but he is suffering from a big case of hoHitis, thinking he is running the show. How hypocritical it was of him to get upset when Becky told him Vanessa was thinking of backdooring him when the poker player had already admitted so much.

8- Becky: Her horrible reign as HOH should show Aruba how bad it is to win that title. Becky wasn't in danger until she tried to impose her will on the House and targeted the strongest player this season. She should have started with baby steps but at least she got $10K out of the deal. Besides winning veto, I don't see how she can save herself this week now that Vanessa is against her.

9- Steve: Of course the guy didn't want to be HOH. No sane human being should want to be HoH in this game before F5 or F6 but he decided to win the toughest one of all. His nominations showed that he was completely under Vanessa's control. Being with her in the "Scamper Squad" won't help him get emancipation. His demeanor suggests that he could be slightly autistic though so maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on him. He simply shouldn't be in this house yet he may win it all.

Evicted - Jackie: She was probably the most acute observer in James' gang so getting rid of her isn't bad for Vanessa even if James would have been better. Steve liked James more than Jackie. Go figure...

Evicted - Shelli: She had the perfect situation to stay in the game then she decided to stop playing. She gave the others absolutely no reason to keep her over Vanessa and yet she blamed Vanessa for her eviction. You can't be more hypocritical than that unless your name is Austin or Liz...

08-17-15, 06:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Am I misremembering? I thought the HoH Comp that Becky won got her $5K. Don't make me go back and watch it again.

08-17-15, 07:49 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Yes, 5K for that HoH but she got another 5K in a previous Veto comp so she's gotten a 10K check from BB.

08-17-15, 07:58 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
So, I did forget. I guess it was in the Secret Santa challenge? I did lose track of what some of them ended up with. Thanks.

And the Meg bit about Andrea in Redemption Island? Very interesting. Is there a reference for that?

08-17-15, 08:09 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
I don't remember where I saw it but when the cast was announced we saw many facebook pictures of Meg and Andrea together. Here,s an example:

I think Meg was referred to CBS casting by Andrea.

08-18-15, 09:13 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Interesting and informative. Andrea was a cutie.

That's quite a knee scar Meg sports. Knee replacement surgery I suppose, and part of the reason she isn't an athletic challenge threat.

So, you're beginning to come aboard the James love train? Grudgingly? Being pulled by the ankles while digging long bloody trenches with your fingernails?

08-18-15, 03:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
No, I maintain that James is a bad player. His backdoor plan in week one was incredibly stupid and his announcement that he wouldn't shy from big moves even worse.

It's just that there is an infestation of bad players this season. Their only redeeming quality is that they are communicative dumbasses. Usually, dumb players don't talk about what they heard, they don't compare notes with the others. These bozos talk...too much really but they do talk.

08-18-15, 05:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-15 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

So, he is not as moronic a moron as the other morons. High praise.

I'd say you had one foot on the boarding platform for the James love train.

Levity aside, I think his BD plan was pretty good. He successfully backdoored Jace. And because he went after a target that was the choice of the house, he survived the first HoH week-after curse. Jace was a good choice for him since the alliances weren't really defined then, and object for the first HoH is just to survive the first couple of weeks without making enemies until he knows what's what. Good planning, good organization, good execution, good social game. Also, apparently good eats.

With his second HoH he wanted to break up the Clelli showmance, with Shelli as prime and with Clay as Plan B. The alliances had pretty well established themselves, so any two of that alliance were good targets, and since Clelli seemed to be running that show, they were the standout strategic targets at the time. He had Vanessa on deck as a Veto replacement, but he won Veto and so didn't need her. He basically engineered it so that he couldn't lose. His alliance let him down when it came to getting his prime target, but he broke up the Showmance which was his basic goal, and at the end of the day he was successful and came out ahead.

Maybe he would be better off today if he had foreseen that of the three, Vanessa was the most dangerous. But he would have needed that crystal ball, her machinations hadn't become that obvious yet. And since he couldn't steer the eviction to Shelli, there's no guarantee he could have fared any better going after Vanessa.

And as an added bonus, his first HoH campaign eviction was so popular among most of the houseguests that he was able to survive the following week by not being nominated.

And even now he's still in as good a position as anyone else in the house. At least considering that no one hasn't been given that crystal ball.

He seems to be playing pretty well. I will admit that maybe he is made to look better because of some really dumb play by the others, but his HoH moves were really very good.

08-18-15, 06:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
I disagree on so many counts:

1- It's dumb to go for HoH week one.

2- By going for Jace and doing it the back door way, the other players SHOULD have taken note that James was dangerous and HE should have been the next target but then we had succesive implosions by Day and Auday.

3- You write: "The alliances had pretty well established themselves by then..." which is one of my main point to show how dumb these players are. The brigade stayed secret the whole time so it was never "Us vs Them". If the 6th sense had any sense at all, James wouldn't have been off the hook and wouldn't have been there to win that second HoH.

I will admit though that he is less moronic than most we've seen leave...

08-19-15, 10:29 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
So many counts? I only see three, let's not exaggerate now. You just barely exceeded the minimum needed to be plural (again, levity -Ha Ha, smiley face).

But:

Count #1: I agree. That was dumb. It should be rule one in the BB handbook not to win the first HoH. Granted, he did it during the heady hectic first day, but it was an unwise risk that he would have been safer to have passed on. Good point.

Count #2: Targeting Jace was good idea, he had become a conveniently annoying target that just about everyone approved of except Austin and maybe flirty Meg, both of whom seemed to get over any resentment they might have had pretty easily. Backdooring Jace? By using the BD approach he made it less likely that Jace could talk his way out of it. And he and the others wouldn't have to listen to Jace go after their votes for a week. James did run the risk of the Veto comp not working out, but he would have run that risk in either case. That's a pretty minor criticism, and hardly worth getting het-up over.

And it was the continual Sixth Sense alliance HoH meetings that really made clear where the alliance lines fell, the other side was defined by default as anyone who wasn't in the Sixth Sense. There were some lame attempts to name other alliances, but they were just that, lame and not very cohesive. That isn't a valid James criticism either.

Count #3: That is a good point, these guys aren't Einsteins. But since smart strategists are pretty much the rare exception to the rule in BB casting, James can hardly be criticized for that.

In fact, if relying on BB casting to recruit brainless Jocks, models and baristas had been part of his calculus - which I won't give him credit for, but if it had been - it would have been a very reasonable assumption.

08-19-15, 04:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Maybe I should have written that I disagree strongly on some points At least, we agree on two of them so that isn't bad.

As for the 2nd point, it wasn't really going after Jace that was the problem, it was because James presented himself as a dangerous player.

08-18-15, 07:26 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
I don’t involve myself with Live Feeds and other spoiler stuff, so I’ll apologize for any “ignorance” in advance. My responses nevertheless:

The Sixth Sense reversal of fortune was “ONLY because the Austwins were dumb?” Liz’s HOH win had absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with it?? Have you been drinking from Meg’s tankard??? If Johnny Mac wins the final showdown against Liz, I’m pretty certain Vanessa and one of the Austwins go up reversing the whole landscape of the House this week.

Only a person’s total distain for competitions would refuse to acknowledge that fact...or maybe you HAVE been drinking from Meg’s tankard. HeHe.

I do wish to thank you for acknowledging what a pitiful job Production does casting “incredibly moronic players.” Although it’s amusing you use this shortcoming as a reason why players you like less (James) have progressed well, yet this same moronic idiocy is not used for players you like more. Not surprising mind you, just amusing.

The average age in the House this season reeks of immaturity. With the “oldest” HG this season (Shelli) bitten by a Day One love bug, the door was wide open for the second oldest (Vanessa) to take full advantage of the young’uns…and to her credit she has. She can give Production’s ineptness a big sloppy kiss for that.

I’d say the Jackie eviction was a setback for James, but hardly “crippling” for him. I agree James catching the stray bullet at DE instead of Jackie would have been much better for Vanessa’s game. But the reason Vanessa couldn’t have pushed harder for James was because of James ability to bond with Steve as we saw Sunday. Kudos to him for using that social aspect in the game. Although I do not ever see him officially aligning with them, James has even managed to edge himself into the Austwins circle as well. Now if you wish to discard all that as nothing more than “incredibly moronic players” and reserve the social strategy only for “your” players, then hey, knock yourself out.

Heck, the attention Jackie gave him during her striptease performance is the most action he’ll get this summer, so let him enjoy. But for the record, any horndog who can’t control his hormones is pretty much an embarrassment to society, not just at a strip club.

Shame on Johnny Mac! Not being an over-the-top two-faced hypocrite is “COMPLETELY his fault.” And being a bad liar does not make someone a “moron.” Fact of the matter, Johnny is the only one to be on to Vanessa for a while now. There’s NOOOOO way Vanessa was going to work with him regardless of what that lying sack of sh!t says in the DR. She knows darn well she doesn’t win sitting next to Johnny.

Johnny did not pull a Becky and kick her out of a room. He listened to what Vanessa was shoveling, but a person can take only so much verbal diarrhea. The way I saw that conversation go down, when Johnny had enough and accurately called out Vanessa for using emotional tactics to sway the idiotic morons in the House, it was Vanessa who cooled off the meeting.

Austin wasn’t upset about hearing from a snitch he was Vanessa’s backdoor target. That’s old news. What infuriated him was Vanessa organizing the 8-person alliance (Dark Moon) behind the Sixth Sense’s back.

Becky’s reign as HOH was not horrible because she WON HOH, it’s what she DID with that win that was horrible.

If you truly believe Steve did not want to win HOH, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn about 25 miles from my house I’d like to sell you. You don’t answer five or more questions correctly by not wanting to win it. When it comes to double eviction there’s NO WAY you hold anything to chance.

AFTER the eviction I understand his tearful plea wishing he didn’t have to wipe any blood off his hands. But rest assure if he threw the comp and it was HIM walking out the door last week, the sissy boy would be crying twice as hard AFTER his eviction that he should have tried harder to win.

Final words...if you or I were in the House we’d most certainly want to bond with Jackie over James—but this is Steve we’re talking about. The intimidation factor had to kick in with Jackie being way too much woman for someone like Steve to handle. I mean really...closest Steve probably ever had to intimacy was getting frisked at the airport on his way to the BB House.

08-18-15, 08:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
>I don’t involve myself with Live
>Feeds and other spoiler stuff,
>so I’ll apologize for any
>“ignorance” in advance. My responses
>nevertheless:

The Live feeds are very informative. They give the unedited version...

>The Sixth Sense reversal of fortune
>was “ONLY because the Austwins
>were dumb?” Liz’s HOH win
>had absolutely, positively NOTHING to
>do with it?? Have you
>been drinking from Meg’s tankard???
>If Johnny Mac wins the
>final showdown against Liz, I’m
>pretty certain Vanessa and one
>of the Austwins go up
>reversing the whole landscape of
>the House this week.

The Brigade and the Hitmen didn't need to win HoH to stay in control because they were smart enough to stay quiet about their alliance and have connections with everyone in the house. The Austwins and Clelli were obviously working together so that's why they need to win comps.

>Only a person’s total distain for
>competitions would refuse to acknowledge
>that fact...or maybe you HAVE
>been drinking from Meg’s tankard.
>HeHe.

I don't totally hate competitions. Sometimes they make me laugh...

>I do wish to thank you
>for acknowledging what a pitiful
>job Production does casting “incredibly
>moronic players.” Although it’s amusing
>you use this shortcoming as
>a reason why players you
>like less (James) have progressed
>well, yet this same moronic
>idiocy is not used for
>players you like more. Not
>surprising mind you, just amusing.

If you noticed, I included John in the moronic players and I used to like him a lot. And it's not that I dislike James personally, I don't like the way he is playing this game.

>The average age in the House
>this season reeks of immaturity.

Todd was one of the smartest to play Survivor and he was barely 21. Smarts aren't age dependant.

>I’d say the Jackie eviction was
>a setback for James, but
>hardly “crippling” for him. I
>agree James catching the stray
>bullet at DE instead of
>Jackie would have been much
>better for Vanessa’s game. But
>the reason Vanessa couldn’t have
>pushed harder for James was
>because of James ability to
>bond with Steve as we
>saw Sunday. Kudos to him
>for using that social aspect
>in the game.
>Although I
>do not ever see him
>officially aligning with them, James
>has even managed to edge
>himself into the Austwins circle
>as well. Now if you
>wish to discard all that
>as nothing more than “incredibly
>moronic players” and reserve the
>social strategy only for “your”
>players, then hey, knock yourself
>out.

No, actually I agree with all of that.

>Shame on Johnny Mac! Not being
>an over-the-top two-faced hypocrite is
>“COMPLETELY his fault.” And being
>a bad liar does not
>make someone a “moron.” Fact
>of the matter, Johnny is
>the only one to be
>on to Vanessa for a
>while now.
>Johnny did not pull a Becky
>and kick her out of
>a room. He listened to
>what Vanessa was shoveling, but
>a person can take only
>so much verbal diarrhea. The
>way I saw that conversation
>go down, when Johnny had
>enough and accurately called out
>Vanessa for using emotional tactics
>to sway the idiotic morons
>in the House, it was
>Vanessa who cooled off the
>meeting.

Body language is extremely important and John's posture told Vanessa that he wasn't interested in the slightest to talk. In this game, that is dumb. No way around it. You have to lie or at the very least hide your intentions, if you want to win.

>There’s NOOOOO way
>Vanessa was going to work
>with him regardless of what
>that lying sack of sh!t
>says in the DR. She
>knows darn well she doesn’t
>win sitting next to Johnny.

You can go with your supernatural ability to read minds, I'll go with what the players say. It's really what matters.

>Austin wasn’t upset about hearing from
>a snitch he was Vanessa’s
>backdoor target. That’s old news.
>What infuriated him was Vanessa
>organizing the 8-person alliance (Dark
>Moon) behind the Sixth Sense’s
>back.

Sorry but Becky didn't tell Austn about Dark Moon. Austin asked if Vanessa was planning to backdoor him and Becky's affirmative answer is what infuriated him.

>Becky’s reign as HOH was not
>horrible because she WON HOH,
>it’s what she DID with
>that win that was horrible.

But she wouldn't have NEEDED to do a thing if she hadn't been HoH. At least she got money out of it and she seems content with that cash.

>If you truly believe Steve did
>not want to win HOH,
>then I have a bridge
>in Brooklyn about 25 miles
>from my house I’d like
>to sell you. You don’t
>answer five or more questions
>correctly by not wanting to
>win it. When it comes
>to double eviction there’s NO
>WAY you hold anything to
>chance.

Again, I go with what the players say. You can go by the fanfiction in your head but Steve SAID he didn't want to be HOH. He just got caught up in the competition.

>AFTER the eviction I understand his
>tearful plea wishing he didn’t
>have to wipe any blood
>off his hands. But rest
>assure if he threw the
>comp and it was HIM
>walking out the door last
>week, the sissy boy would
>be crying twice as hard
>AFTER his eviction that he
>should have tried harder to
>win.

But there was no way he was going out the door because no one wants to waste an HoH to vote him out. That's why he may very well win.

>Final words...if you or I were
>in the House we’d most
>certainly want to bond with
>Jackie over James—but this is
>Steve we’re talking about. The
>intimidation factor had to kick
>in with Jackie being way
>too much woman for someone
>like Steve to handle. I
>mean really...closest Steve probably ever
>had to intimacy was getting
>frisked at the airport on
>his way to the BB
>House.

One of the funniest comments heard on the live feeds was Vanessa telling Steve to "stop staring at my boobs." A fan of the show had to expect that there would be beautiful women in the House. To paraphrase Rob in the Amazon: In the real world, these girls are tens and a guy like Steve wouldn't stand a chance but, in the house, they all average out to sevens.

08-19-15, 07:58 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
"The Brigade and the Hitmen didn't need to win HoH to stay in control because they were smart enough to stay quiet about their alliance and have connections with everyone in the house. The Austwins and Clelli were obviously working together so that's why they need to win comps."

Yes, the Brigade keeping their alliance a secret was largely instrumental to its success. But let’s not forget a Brigade member won three of the first five HOHs. Statistically a Brigade member was HOH in seven of the 10 weeks during that season. And toss in the fact one of the three weeks they didn’t hold HOH it was neutralized by the diamond POV held by...that’s right...a Brigade member. A perfect example of an alliance dominating the season by dominating competitions.

BTW, when talking about “alliances” I differentiate between a 2-person pair vs. a multi-player alliance.

"Todd was one of the smartest to play Survivor and he was barely 21. Smarts aren't age dependant."

I'm talking maturity; not necessarily smarts. True, age is not always a perfect indication of maturity level, but in more times than not I believe it is. When I think of Todd, “maturity” does not enter my mind at all. Did he play a good game? Yes. But I wouldn’t credit any maturity level for his win.
Now if you mentioned JT I would agree with you. He was a young champion mature beyond his years. But as a rule of thumb, age will equate to maturity...certainly that’s the case this BB season.

"Body language is extremely important and John's posture told Vanessa that he wasn't interested in the slightest to talk."

Johnny has that goofy, aloof body language, demeanor, appearance (or whatever the heck you want to call it) ALL the time. That’s what makes Johnny Mac the character he is. Fact is she knew Johnny Mac was on to her and THAT’S what rattled Vanessa.

"I'll go with what the players say. It's really what matters."

That all depends on who’s doing the talking. Sure, if someone like Tom Westman talks—it matters. But hey, if you would like to go with repeated liars and over-the-top two-faced hypocrites and take them as their word, then God bless you.

"But she wouldn't have NEEDED to do a thing if she hadn't been HoH."

Not being HOH, Becky would have NEEDED to rely and hope on elements of the game for which she had limited or no control. Or she would need to possess that “crystal ball” Kingfish appropriately references in his replies to your posts.

"Again, I go with what the players say. You can go by the fanfiction in your head but Steve SAID he didn't want to be HOH. He just got caught up in the competition."

That bridge in Brooklyn is still for sale. I’ll even role play as Flo from Progressive and you can “name your own price.”

"But there was no way he was going out the door because no one wants to waste an HoH to vote him out."

Perhaps YOU can say there’s “no way” because you peek at the Feeds. Well Steve, or anyone else in the House, does not have access to read the Feeds. He can’t say or think “no way.” You think Jackie saw it coming when Steve nominated her? Like I said, you hold nothing to chance, especially when it’s DE.

"One of the funniest comments heard on the live feeds was Vanessa telling Steve to "stop staring at my boobs." A fan of the show had to expect that there would be beautiful women in the House."

I’m not saying Steve didn’t EXPECT to see beautiful girls. “Expecting” to see beautiful girls and “knowing” how to deal with it when living among them are two different animals.
As for Vanessa’s reprimand to Steve on the Live Feed—How did he see them through her bag lady attire? Does the kid have x-ray vision??

08-19-15, 09:41 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Even if the brigade won a few comps, a member of the alliance could have been evicted during weeks 2, 4 ,6 and 7. They hardly were always immune but they stayed safe because they were smart. As for the diamond POV, that's what I call production interference so I wouldn't brag about it.

For the rest, your arguments are based on mind reading so they don't deserve a reply. Listen to what the players say. All the players, not just the ones you like...

08-20-15, 06:17 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
So the Brigade only won a "few" comps??? Talk about an erroneous statement that doesn't "deserve a reply."

As for the weeks they came up short...in one of those weeks they DID lose a Brigade member. One was negated by a Brigade member's diamond POV. Oh, that's right...it's the 'ole conspiracy theory. Weeks 2 and 4 were both won by Rachel who used her HOH power to ensure no one would get between "me and my man." So unless one of the Brigade members was gay and making a play for Brendon they were safe from Rachel's wrath.

My arguments are based on historical happenings. If they don't deserve a reply you probably don't have a conspiracy theory for it.

08-20-15, 05:08 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-15 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

I didn't write that the Brigade won only a few competitions, I was admitting that they won more than one or two. Please read more carefully.

If Rachel, Britney and Brendon didn't go after a member of the Brigade, it was because they weren't an obvious alliance.

Historical happenings? About Becky, Steve, Vanessa and John? You're simply reading what you want into what they are saying or, worse, dismissing it completely. For example: Did you notice John's posture when he talked to Austin and Liz? There was NOTHING aloof and despondent about his attitude that time. He should have done the same with Vanessa.

08-20-15, 06:29 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #8"
Well DUH, of course the Brigade "won more than one or two." LMAO. How about winning practically every week that season!

Matt was an obvious target for Brendon. Rachel even spelled his name out in pretzels to make it blatantly obvious. LOL
It was the diamond POV that negated Brendon's obvious target...don't you remember Matt's "big dummy" speech?

A member of the Brigade was evicted under Britney's HOH when Matt threw the HOH comp.

As for Rachel...none of the Brigade members were gay and had an eye on Brendon so that's why they were not obvious targets those weeks.

EVERY HG approaches the HOH much different than the other players during that HOH's reign. They have the power they PROACTIVELY earned by WINNING the HOH comp. That's simply the nature of the beast when playing BB. HMMM, last I check Vanessa was not HOH. Wait...let me check again. Oh yeah, Liz IS HOH this week.

OK, gotta run out. When I get back tonight's episode will be airing and time to start up the next list. See you all (well just Kingfish and Michel) there.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •